Alder Employee Reviews

I Do not Recommend
Alarm Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2017
Terrible communication..
Management could be much better
Don't feel appreciated
Most of the sales people just lie and rip people off
Just a terrible place all around
Not worth it
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2017
honestly don't waste your time here. They have no thought of personal time and will send you everywhere in the state and care not when you get home. You will have to call in for numerous issues and have to wait on hold for up to but not limited to 1 hour, for something that only takes 5 mins to take care of. Others had been there longer and thought it would change for them over time... nope different day same treatment same pay. I left the company with 4 other technicians because management basically swept our complaints about being paid per job after they took us off of hourly. Join at your own risk.
Pros
company car
Cons
Everything else
Very productive
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 13, 2017
Productive but no room for growth. I come in to this company with nothing and the opportunity given has been greatly appreciated. Only problem is when it comes to looking forward to having stability outside of work, the fact that I depend on work to make that possible and its not happening increases my desire to want for better.
Pros
Quality work and equipment
Cons
No benefits at all, no paid holidays, No PTO
Extraordinary Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
As a current employee, I have found Alder to provide outstanding work experience. From honing communication skills to learning multifaceted computer skills, to finding opportunities to reach for my best, Alder has provided me with unprecedented opportunities. Alder is a fast-growing company with unusual opportunities for personal advancement and leadership. For those who truly invest in the experience, giving their best, meaningful recognition and genuine opportunities do follow. I've also very much appreciated and enjoyed those I work with, as there are great opportunities to develop meaningful friendships and working relationships here. The hardest part of work at Alder has been the fast-pace of work and the steep learning curve involved at the outset. There is, however, great support offered and no day is ever boring! The most enjoyable part of the job is truly making a difference--for customers, for colleagues, and for the work that needs to be done. I would whole-heartedly recommend working at Alder to anyone wanting to grow, learn, and make a meaningful contribution in their work.
Pros
Always something new to learn; can really make a difference
Cons
Currently no benefits available
Growing and THRIVING
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 28, 2017
"Work hard, play hard" is certainly true with ALDER. Never a dull moment because we are always growing to improve leadership. The environment is fast yet fun. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal. The hardest part of the job is knowing when it's time to go home! There's so much to do, that we feel this sense of loyalty to keep going until it's done. The most enjoyable part about ALDER is the PEOPLE! You can walk into ALDER and see people from different walks of life (the ALDER Melting Pot). It's great!
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Sups and Managers
Cons
No Benefits
Work life at alder
Team lead Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 27, 2017
Alder is a fun great place to work. working with friends and people who become friends very quickly. We have great supervisors and management who are hard working. It is a busy job but it is a place that rewards you for your hard work.
Pros
Lunch every friday, hour lunches.
Cons
No benefits yet
Fun People, Fun Atmostphere, and Fun Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
I haven't worked here long but I have loved it! The people I work with are super fun and it makes it easy to come to work everyday. The customers I talk to on the phone are friendly and super nice as well, which makes for a joyful experience. In the office, the supervisors are willing to help when I have questions or concerns.
Pros
Free lunches, fun atmosphere, cool people
Cons
Occasional angry customers
More than I expected
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
There's always something new happening. Understandably so. It's a young company that is still going through growing pains. Which is a good and sometimes bad thing. Good because a there's plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Bad because it can be overwhelming with the inconsistent processes and rules. The Managers are awesome. They are very hands on and willing to help whenever we need them.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Cool Alder Incentives
Cons
Need a full gym and not just crossfit
Fun while and during work.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
Great environment! and very fun while on break and working. Great co-workers. I learn so much about how to treat others even if you do not know them. it helps me outside of work also.
Pros
ping pong
Cons
Healthcare, only one day of free lunch
Great atmosphere, Great people
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
The people are great! There isn't any micromanaging going on. Not a whole lot of pressure or people breathing down your neck. But as a tradeoff, the pay is not as competitive as it would be elsewhere. Other than that, I have no negative feelings towards the company. A great place to work and gain some experience.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, awesome building, good people
Cons
Low-pay, no signs of advancing
Always growing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
From the moment you start work, you are WORKING. It's fast paced and you are always learning something new. The Managers are awesome (when you are doing what you're supposed to be doing) and always willing to go above and beyond to help. Co-workers are great and sometimes (most times) competitive. The hardest part is the constant change. But, the best part... most of the call center are all friends, so we encourage each other!
Pros
People, Friday Lunch
Cons
No health benefits
Fun Place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 26, 2017
It's a fun place to work and I love the people I work with! The environment here is relaxed but also professional! There are some bad calls because that's just how it is but the good calls with the nice and sweet customer out weigh that every time!
Worked here a year
Digital Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 25, 2017
Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team.

They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.
Pros
Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment
Cons
No health care
Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.
Pros
Free lunch Friday
Cons
NO Benefits
Very driven team that new how to keep a solid motivation behind everyone.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.
Pros
Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn
Cons
N/a
Growing Company that makes you feel like FAMILY
Call Center (Current Employee) –  UtahDecember 13, 2016
It's hard to find a job that you enjoy! Working for Alder has been a great experience that allowed growth and opportunities. Managers are always helpfully and always push you to succeed. Co-workers are even better! Everyone makes you feel like you are apart of a team. The hardest part of the job is being able to sit for long periods of time. All in all, Alder has been a great place to work and be apart of.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Free Crossfit Gym
Cons
Sometimes Stressful during the Summer
Fast paced culture with a lot of traveling, yet good compensation
Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2016
Meet new people in their homes, learn social skills and customer service. Travel a lot and adapt to different cultures and demands of being on road and out of town. Intelligent people managing with ambitious co-workers in a very fast paced and motivated culture. Keeping a cool head and maintaining customer service while being rushed and under pressure to produce speed with quality in your installs. Love going new places and meeting new people every day.
Pros
Visit different states and meet people from different cultures
Cons
fast paced, high over-head and a little bit grimy industry standards...
It's not what I expected
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 24, 2016
Working on the call floor was always something new. I enjoyed working with the other call center agents. The floor managers are very nice and helpful. As for the CEO and the executives I don't have much to say about
Pros
Friday free lunches
Cons
Lots of distracting events during work hours
Hardworking yet very rewarding environment
Door-to-Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2016
We would start each work day at 12 PM with a meeting about the plans for the day. After this we would leave to the area we would be knocking in that day. From 2PM till dark we would be knocking on doors and working in peoples homes helping them see the value in a security system.

The hardest part about this job, was the physical, mental, and emotional strength it took, to keep working to find that one yes, even if it meant hearing a hundred no's.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
Wonderful place to work
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 1, 2016
This is a fast paced environment because it is a Sales Company with a great product. If you work here, it is important to stay on top of the game. We are one big Support team for those in the office and in the field. Every department works together to make sure everything functions properly. The Co-workers are fantastic. It is easy to change from one team to another as we have a great sense of Team Work. I only left, as my husband transferred.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3