Alderson Broaddus University Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVJune 9, 2016
The job as an orientation leader includd workng as a pair with a group of students. The two of us gave a tour of the campus while sharing storie from our past. Lead them to lunch and then after organized small group activites to help the freshman get to know eachother. I learned how to work with a large group and lead a tour. Our manager had alot of trust in her orientation leaders as we had freedom in deciding what activtes to do with our group. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to connect with new people and be able to be a person they could look to whenever they need.
Excellent University
Director of Individual & Liaison to Athletics (Current Employee) –  Philippi, WVDecember 17, 2015
It is a unique small university in the hills of West Virginia that is on the brink of becoming wildly successful. AB is a wonderful school where students receive a high quality education.
Productive and energetic workplace with fellow students
Office of Cheer and Dance, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVMay 18, 2015
Working at Alderson Broaddus University is not demanding but it does require stellar personal skills. It taught me patience and how to always be positive in any type of situation. The hardest part about the job may be dealing with some of the parents inquiries over the phone. Typically, if something is wrong with their child the parent is very vocal about the problem and will not rest until their child is happy. The best part about the job were the connections I made with the staff members on campus.
Job Work/Life Balance Flexiable
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Philippi, WVAugust 19, 2014
Overall the job/life is very flexible and works well for me having two young kids but, job advancement isn't within my department and I'm looking to advance and challenge myself.
Pros
christmas break off during student leave and i love christmas time!
Alderson Broaddus University
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVJuly 29, 2014
We had scheduled monthly meetings to discuss programs, issues and plan events. A typical day of duty started at 8pm with security rounds through a designated building continuing until 12am on weekdays and 2am on weekends. You would be on call throughout the day if anyone got locked out or needed help. My co- workers in my dorm during my time in this position were amazing. We helped each other out whenever we needed it and always backed each other up. The most enjoyable part of my position here was working with the students. I liked being able to help people when they needed it and be a resource for them, but the hardest part of the job was knowing the boundaries. It was hard to be friends with students and also be an authority figure to them. Some of the senior staff; however, did not hold up to the standards set for the team. It wasn't until my last year in this job that changes for the better were made, and not until after my graduation from this institution that the staff was held accountable and saw real consequences to actions not taken.
Pros
help paying for housing, given a private room, know the details of what is going on around campus
Cons
secrets were kept, issues were dismissed, not paid very well
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVMay 9, 2014
good job, fun atmosphere. I learned how to do administrative tasks, hardest part is shredding
Head Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Philippi, WVMarch 31, 2014
I work on recruiting a lot and the day to day things in order to conduct a college wrestling program.

I have learned what it takes to be a successful head college wrestling coach.

4.4