ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

Pretty good
Cashier (Former Employee), Canastoda, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: private breakroom, benifits, schedule a month in advance, air conditioned, breaks
Cons: very physical job, tiring, long hours, standing on feet for long amounts of time.
The company does treat you well in a sense, but drops a lot of work onto just a few people. I also got fired for cash being short on my drawer, yet everytime it was short it was a specific manager on. I've never had issues with cash shortages with any of my other jobs, which were all cashier jobs. I'm just not sure if it was actually my fault. It could have been, but maybe not.
Productive and Fast paced work environment
Store Associate (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 29, 2015
Pros: Can Sit down while ranging customers.
Cons: short break, no flexibility in the schedule
Great place to work at, benefits were very good. However the management sucks. They think everyone is stealing from the store including their workers.
Great Benefits
Manager (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJMay 28, 2015
This job offers amazing benefits, but it is very demanding. You will not have to worry about getting hours and they start you off with a great pay rate. This job will help you build muscle and lose a little weight because of the high demand.
No hours and bad management
Associate (Current Employee), Cahokia, ILMay 28, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: bad management
We are always understaffed and also short on hours. expectation dont make sense to the time they give you. The only good thing about the job is the customers.
hard working employees
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 22, 2015
I am a Shift Manager for a store named Aldi. It is a fast paced job and all the employee are very nice. My co-workers know how to get the job done!!!
Productive workplace. Certain management is questionable but othet than that, a great place to work.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Lake Saint Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of throwing the truck load early in the morning. That includes the grocery, cooler, and freezer pallets. Then keeping up with the store and running the cash register throughout the day. I learned how to be efficient with everything you do throughout the day. Everything you do at Aldi involves being as efficient as you can. The less time you spend doing something, the quicker you can get to the next task.
A diverse company with a great compensation package.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chciago, ILMay 19, 2015
Pros: The pay rate
Cons: Short breaks
A typical work day at Aldi is all about teamwork and efficiency. Multi-tasking is a necessity. In the morning we stock the shelves with the products that were delivered the night before. We also check the produce to make sure everything looks appetizing and fresh. Throughout the day we are responsible for ensuring the shelves remain stocked, the store is clean, and that we provide excellent service to our customers. My co-workers are very pleasant and hardworking. Everyone helps when it is needed. My manager sets a great example. He offers tips that could help tasks go more smoothly and quickly. The hardest part of the job is lifting all the products. The most enjoyable part is the fast paced environment. There is always something to do.
productive work place putting customers always first
CASHIER (Current Employee), Elmira NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: the wonderful customers
Cons: healthcare sucks, sent home early loose hours do not get to leave when shift is up, do not get our full breaks like we should
A typical day at work would be a day of never ending duties always having to be done with a never ending smile for wonderful customer service. I have learned to stock shelves and do truck with inventory and better customer skills.The management is pretty good there, tries to treat everybody equally for the most part, the hardest part of my job would truck. I love the wonderful customers we get in on a daily basis who know us, I love making them happy and giving them the best customer service I can give them.
Fast pace
Manager/Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Owensboro kyMay 14, 2015
Pros: Grat Benefits
Cons: Short staffed
You need to be a fast worker
management is great, but they don't have enough staff to get the job done so management have to pick up the work that doesn't get completed by others.
Interesting place to work and to meet different people from all walks of life.
Store Shift Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great compensation and benefits.
Cons: Understaff.
Working at Aldi allowed me to serve the public. Helping people is something that I love doing so working as a manager at Aldi gave me the chance to train and provide the best customer service to our customers. I learned how to prioritize time on a daily basis and also being the best leader that I could be. I had some of the best co-workers that I could ask for to get the job done. Management had their shortcomings at time but their overall performance was not bad. The hardest part of the job was working on a shift with less staffing and having plenty of task to complete. However, I had the best time throughout the years that I worked with Aldi.
Fast Paced Grocery
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHMay 11, 2015
The job consists of multitasking. Stocking shelves and checking customers out as quickly as possible. Breaks only consists of 10 mins and most times you have to go run register during your break.
fast paced grocery store
cashier associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 11, 2015
I love what I do at aldi and it is a pleasure to be part of the team. I independently work to finish my work and once I'm done if I can ill help my co worker's do their work.
ok company, horrible management
Shift Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kinston, NCMay 8, 2015
work -life balance was ok. typical work day was pretty busy. I worked a a shift manager. the store manager was unfair and favored her bestie. before she got there, it was a fun and productive place to work. half the coworkers were ill and disgruntal
great company
Cashier (Former Employee), Linden, NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: long hours
good pay, great company to work for .High pay raises, loved the fact that you can sit while you are in the cashier. cant complain
This was a very busy job! You had to be able to multi-task!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hermitage, PAMay 6, 2015
This job could start as early as 4am. I would unload the cooler and freezer. Then we would unload groceries from the truck. The grocery orders coming in has so many different things on each pallet you have to be very careful. So that you did not damage anything . Once store opens you would keep your shelves neat and stocked at all times.
Great pay and benefits, but be prepared for the physical labor, and responsibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons: Physically demanding/exhausting, a lot of pressure/responsibility for cashiers (held to the same or higher standards than management), schedule can be grueling.
Great company to work for as far as benefits and compensation is concerned. A lot of pressure to work extremely quickly, multitasking constantly, constant customer service, and physical labor. A demanding, career-oriented job, must be at least 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED. Easy to advance to a higher position which can be great for those with experience, but a major drawback is Aldi promoting people too quickly with too little experience who are only interested in the pay, and not motivated to work hard and be responsible. With it being a very demanding job, I'm sure this is Aldi's way of preventing high turnover. Hours worked can vary from 5am to 11:30pm, working most weekends, must basically be available to work 24/7 as Aldi mostly only hires full time employees.
daycare
Cashier (Current Employee), new yorkMay 1, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: manager who does not support her employees
A normal day for me at work is playing and teaching children. My heart is truly with children. The smiles and laughs through out the day puts a smile on my face. The hardest park of my day is dealing with a boss how does not back up her teachers. The support we need is never there.
great produce and prices
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Cordova, TNApril 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management
physical labor, great work environment and co workers, hardest part is stocking, cashiering and answering key terns at the same time, most enjoyable are the customers and prices
Fun place to work, lacks management skills
Head Cashier\Lead (Current Employee), Raytown, MoApril 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent Pay
Cons: Unloading Trucks, very draining after done have to work solid 6-8 hours
1. Operate conveyor belts and cash registers to scan merchandise, finalize sales transactions, and ensure customer satisfaction
2. Cashiers deliver courteous, efficient customer service and contribute to the overall value shoppers expect
3. Train new employee’s to do day to day operations and follow safety rules and regulations
It ok if the don't cut hours
SHFT Manager (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great Benfits
Cons: Cut hours alot
A typical day a ALDI , work on a truck that have 26pallets on it, then we have to work on cooler, freezer, we have to be done by 9am, then we take a 15 min break. We only work with 4 people in the morning.

1 2 3 4 5

About ALDI

ALDI keeps it cheap so shoppers can, too. How has discount food retailer ALDI Group become one of the world's biggest grocery – Read more

ALDI Salaries