ALDI Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pased work enviorment, but rewarding
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayswater, Melbourne AuApril 30, 2016
The work environment is very fast passed and constantly busy. even the Store manager is often at the registers or on the sales floor stocking
Pros
exelent benefits all around
Cons
breaks cant always be taken on time
Productivity is the main focus
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2016
if you are ready for a multitasking and fast peace job. This is the place for you.

Fun Job but harsh at times depending on the truck load and the time of the year. No time for brakes, no way! and lunch... better hurry up. Time goes fast and always moving.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Work can be very physical, Almost labor kind of work, You are always on the move, and wished I had more time to finish all there was to do, usually only 2 cashiers and 1 shift manager for the whole store, No room for advancement.
Very fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56001April 30, 2016
This job is very fast pace and always on top of your toes. I trained in new cashiers and a few new shift managers. I got the trust from the store manager with opening and closing paperwork and the alarm system.
left due to injury and lack of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, ILApril 29, 2016
unloading pallets of merchandise onto store shelves. Cashiering. cleaning store. Left due to shortage of hours, needed full-time hours (35-40 hrs. a week) never went past 27 hours. Liked co-workers & Store Managers. Job was hard on the body, injured shoulder. Liked never worked past 10pm.
Pros
401K, Health Ins.
Cons
Injury & Lack of hours
Good Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 29, 2016
Aldi offers great benefits including 401K and Cigna Insurance. The workload is heavy and there is a lot of lifting, but the company compensates you well for it.
Very Stressful and Difficult Job
Store Associate/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 27, 2016
This is the hardest job I ever had, the work is mentally and physically taxing, the hours are never the same week to week, and nothing can seem to be done to a good enough standard. The amount of people working in a day isn't enough to get done what is needed to be done, management is very stressful due to being pulled in 10 directions at all times. They pay good, yes, but they make sure they squeeze every cent out of you in hard, sweaty work. Store moral is usually low wherever you go, due to stressful work environment. The amount of time off given is never more than a day at a time, which is my biggest issue.
Pros
Pay is debatable
Cons
Workload, inconsistent hours, always short staffed
A day worth of work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2016
I'm currently employed at Aldi's as a shift lead supervisor. I love my job at Aldi's, I'm in charge of handling a hand full of employees, ordering and sales of merchandise, scheduling. I have great leadership skills and handle my days worth of work efficiently.
Great place to work, as long as you dedicate yourself.
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PAApril 26, 2016
This job was honestly amazing. from the co-workers, to management, to the actual work. You are always busy, which is great- it makes the time go fast. the hardest part of the job is throwing the truck in the morning, but if you can do that, you can do any aspect of the job. I had a great time working here, everyone got along, and respected each other. Managers get good training as well. Would definitely go back to my location.
Cons
schedule can be very demanding
Very Demanding Job
Retail Store Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
Be prepared to work, I mean really work hard at ALDI. This job is very demanding and you don't have just one position in the store. You are constantly working, moving, thinking, and doing something. Very exhausting job. You are cashier, stocker, organizer, etc. Anything the store needs, you are required to do and fix.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Exhausting and constantly pressured to do something. A busy store with bad management is the worst.
fun place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 23, 2016
I was a full time cashier / stock unloaded trucks, excellent customer service , long hours well groomed able to operate cash register and empty a bailer.
Pros
fast paced ton of overtime
Cons
short breaks
racist company
Team member/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 23, 2016
they would give me the worse shifts and make racist comments towards me and when i went to hr about it they pretty much laughed in my face.
Pros
there are none
Cons
discriminate
This company is no longer open.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2016
I was involved heavily with files and cold calls in attempt to retrieve missing documents. There were not a lot of interns brought on board. The hardest part of the job was making touch with the customer.
Great Job overall
SHIFT MANAGER/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALApril 20, 2016
Each day was a challenge but I managed to get through them. The staff help throughout the day It wasn't anything I couldn't handle.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
short breaks
Dissapointing
Associate (Current Employee) –  Collingdale, PAApril 20, 2016
This job reels you in thinking that you'll be in a employee center atmosphere where your hard work is appreciated and properly compensated, and this is not the case at all once you begin working. I can't speak for all locations, but the Collingdale store is awful. I trained at the Norristown location and they had me so pumped to work for this amazing company that I had just learned so much about, and then when I got to my assigned store, it was as if I had just completed my training for an entirely different company. The schedules are inconsistent week by week, they are supposed to let you know three weeks early what the schedule will be and its always posted late. The managers all gossip and lounge in the break room all day while delegating all the tasks, even their own, to the employees. They show high school behavior in being mean girls and hazing new hires. The list goes on...
Pros
benefit packages
Cons
bad hours, bad management, no consideration for employees
Aldi
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2016
Aldi is an excellent company to work for, excellent benefits enjoyable enviroment and job compensation is amazing. I've enhanced my knowledge about the retail grocery industry.
Pros
wages, hours of operations, benefits
Cons
short staff
Very fun and rewarding
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka Ks and Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Aldi was one of the best places I've worked! A typical day would start with unloading the truck and stocking the shelves. Cleaning up the store and getting ready to open the doors for the day. Assisting customers with payments while keeping a great attitude. The management was incredible! They worked with us and constantly provided us with more training. The hardest part of the day had to be unloading the truck but the easiest part was just being there and interacting with customers
Pros
Just a great company
Cons
can't really think of any
Nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2016
Very demanding and hard work. Very physical and fast paced, Not for everyone. Good benefits and salary .Early morning hours required.
Managers work hard
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2016
if you want to work there as a manager be prepared to work hard, and not be given the tools to complete your jobs in a timely fashion
Pros
good pay and great benefits
Cons
expectations are unreasonable
Labor intensive job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 10, 2016
The store I am managing is one of the more challenging stores to manage. It is an older, smaller store however, we have the highest sales volume in the area.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement
The best place I've ever worked!
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 9, 2016
Aldi is the best place I have ever worked, I was promoted within the first month of getting hired to assistant manager, my team is super awesome and we all get along great. Aldi is a fast paced work environment, but it makes your day go by quick and if you like to stay active then Aldi is for you! They offer awesome pay, benefits, 401K and they check out the surrounding jobs in your area every year and if their pay/benefits aren't better than their competitors they raise them so they are! Management is super awesome and they're always willing to listen to whatever you need. I will definitely be making this job a career.
Pros
Free uniforms, 401k, awesome pay!