ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 1,353 reviews matching the search
Fair and fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJune 26, 2017
If you work really hard for the company, they will treat you right. .Compensated well for working holidays. Never had a problem requesting time off or being treated unfairly.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
long training process to advance
Great place to work if you enjoy working in a team environment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 26, 2017
Relaxed team environment with a lot of support and direction. Everyone including directors are friendly, helpful, and supportive. I really enjoyed being able to give creative input on several projects.
Pros
Fun environment with many benefits
ok
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJune 26, 2017
it was an ok company not the best as I was manager good pay not the best leaders in charge of things they didnt know how to run a store and make everyone feel good
Fast paced, stressful, not the best training
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 26, 2017
Overall I like the company. I was a bit concerned when the first thing out of someone's mouth was "why would they hire you from outside when there are plenty of people looking to get into the MT program that are already working here?"
Pros
great pay, 401k match, day goes by fast because it is a very busy place
Cons
Long days, a lot of heavy lifting, if you don't start at the bottom your not easily welcomed to the team
Pay is great, but you will not be allowed to have a life outside of work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NYJune 25, 2017
I have worked for Aldi for over 5 years and have found that I have no time for anything other than work! My family has to be put on the back burner if I want tot keep my job. Consistently working short staffed and expected to come in and/or stay late or come in early when called. Cannot make plans because you never know if they are going to need you. Management consistently has a do as I say not as I do attitude. If you do mess up you are treated poorly. Company keeps adding tasks to your day, but not staff to help complete them.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
No work, home life balance.
Poor work/life balance but good benifits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 25, 2017
If you work here, better lose all hope for a social life outside of Aldi. Though the intentions are good, with an Eco friendly environment mind set and focus on providing customers with the best experience at the cheapest price. Work life is hard and you are expected to work 10 hour days doing mass amounts of physical labor and be prepared to be sold out by management to make the customer happy. One store only has about 8 people working there, and we do the work of twice that. All of our equipment is out of date and slow. However, benefits are nice and you start at 12 an hour.
Pros
Starting Pay
Cons
Labor Intensive
very physical job, that requires speed, friendliness, and accuracy.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2017
The company is a great place to work at. It teaches discipline, structure, organization, and leadership. However; you'll be physically and mentally exhausted at the end of most shifts, and sometimes your efforts go unnoticed and appreciated.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks, no work and life balance
Not for the feint of heart
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2017
Your schedule can change week to week. You will work a variety of hours including opening or closing the store. The growth without a college degree stops at store manager & corporate staff are hired mostly straight out of college. Schooling is the best bet.
Pros
Pay
Cons
working shorthanded
Young upper management
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNJune 22, 2017
Good place to work. Upper management is younger and they are not as professional as you would think someone should be in that position. Unrealistic deadlines are normal. The enivironment is loud because the cubicals are half wall height but over all the atmoshere is nice.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
management is young
cashier/shift manager (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 21, 2017
Even though the job can be hard on your body physically the comraderie and friendships made were well worth it. Ability to move up to management was high.
Great benifits but...
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 21, 2017
The management is so unorganized and unstable! The scheduling isnt great ether! As a full-time upon hiring, youre garanteed 30+ hours but most of us were only seeing 21 or so.
You have to want to work really hard.
Cashier/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 21, 2017
If you have the stamina and are in good shape, you will advance fast. The pay is good and there are a lot of hours available. Very fast paced environment.
Such a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stephens City, VAJune 21, 2017
A typical day at Aldi consisted of working the cash register, restocking shelves, and cleaning. The hardest part of all was managing all tasks at once, but it was fun at the same time. I learned what I was good at most, but being so active with many tasks. The culture of Aldi was a well-balanced culture, many hard workers, that were also able to have fun while on the job. The management also made my job experience at Aldi enjoyable. They always sought ways to make me as an individual better. If I messed up I wasn't' condemned for messing up, I was coached in learning to do it right.
Very Low staffed
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Penn Hills, PAJune 20, 2017
A great Company to work for and benefits are great. Extremely physical work load. Definately a job that is only meant for fit hard working people. Not everyone can do this work.
Pros
efficent
Cons
physical
Taking vacation away. Way to go, thats a great way to motivate your employees!
Selector (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 20, 2017
20+ years here and now I can't take my vacation when I want. I have been a loyal employee. It's bad enough you work one weekend day every week and a whole weekend once a month, now you can't take your vacation when you want. Time for a union I'd say! I'm tired of getting less and less. Companies used to care about their employees, not anymore! It's a sad state of affairs. Just suck and tired!!!!
Part time is full time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 20, 2017
Aldi is a German based company. No more than 32 hours is allowed a week. That being said they pay almost double making it even out to a full time in the area. This is great for family life. I was called in several times and went over 32 hours a week. Due to this I got into trouble. That is crazy when management called you in seeing the schedule and knowing others could not get in due to weather. The store manager is hard to read and not much of a people person, but she works so hard.
Pros
Hard working store manager, and less hours for more family time.
Cons
Hard to get along with at times
Love this job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2017
My bosses were amazing and the job itself is very fast paced and fun. Hours and schedule are the reason its hard especially if you have kids. The schedules are different every week and you have to work holidays, nights, and weekends.
Great concept and wonderful benefits
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 18, 2017
I have been with Aldi for almost 2 years and I brag on the company very much. I try to get everyone on the Aldi "train" and fully stand behind their ideas. The benefits including 401k, dental and medical, sick/personal days and paid vacation are incredible!
OK place to work
Supervisor, Grocery Orderfiller (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJune 17, 2017
It is a very hard job as an order filler, It is a very physical job. It does pay good but sometimes the weekly hours are not 40. The days off can be different every week.
Worked harded
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 16, 2017
Worked hard and learned something new everyday kept me busy, a typical day at work, job is very hard something fun, broke my hand driving a breaking pallet jack

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.