ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 1,225 reviews matching the search
An Amazing Company
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 28, 2017
As a whole, I absolutely adore Aldi. I love interacting with our regular customers on a weekly basis, and the majority of our management is pretty awesome. They respond to questions with ease, they make life easy when it gets hard, etc. It's a very familiar setting, and we all see each other as family.

The only downside is there seems to be a difficulty advancing into a higher up position if you're a female. I've been with the company for just about a year now, and I've been trying to get the Shift Manager position for 7 months. Someone who was hired in January was promoted to Shift Manager only being here three months.
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, vacation, ease of getting time off
Cons
Management, advancement
Working at Aldi
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIApril 28, 2017
Aldi is very fast paced and you will always have a job that you need to do. You will be expected to move at a very fast but efficient pace. If you are not cashing people out, you will be tidying up the aisles. Aldi treats their employees very well and is a very nice company to work for.
Pros
You get paid more than minimum wage
Cons
The faced paced environment can be stressful at times
Fun but hard work
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2017
It's a lot of hard work but it's definitely worth it. Very self rewarding job but requires a lot of attention to detail. Compensation is good and pay is awesome.
Pros
The people
Cons
The people
Great pay
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 24, 2017
Though the pay is great the work is hard! When I first started working it was great then I transferred to a different division and the work environment was horrible. The management i.e. store manager and district manager under appreciate their employees and it creates a stressful work environment.
Aldi is a good place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 24, 2017
Aldi was the hardest job I have ever had in my life. The work life balance is nonexistent, days are every long; start early and end late. The money is good and benefits are great!!
Bad Company...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 23, 2017
The company has an unrealistic mindset on productivity. They expect you to stock unload and cashier all at the same time. The company also measures on how well you do your tasks.
If you do not make the cut, your hours will drop and then termination.
For Managers, it is even worse. if you make a mistake, you can forget on moving up, and they will fire you. This is no "Forgiveness" as the District Manager said.
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Extremely fast-paced work environment with always something to do.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLApril 23, 2017
ALDI is a fantastic place to work and even have a career in. Everyone is paid very well with raises given out all of the time and full benefits given to all employees. The work day is very fast-paced because it is an entire grocery store ran by the fewest people possible, which sounds dreadful, but it is great for people that like to work on their own. The main downside is it is hard to balance with your personal life because the schedules are random and your shifts are anywhere between ten and twelve hours per day but there is always something to do so you should never get bored. And they do actually require you to sprint while working... they are not joking about that so be prepared for a ton of running!
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits for all levels of employment, never a dull moment, great daily exercise!
Cons
Hard to balance with personal life, High work load daily, Its a daily exercise...
Pays well but you earn every dollar.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 22, 2017
Good pay fast growing company but moving up from within is non existent. Hours are fine but days of week stretch to 6 day weeks and with how physical it can be one day off generally isn't enough.
Great team culture
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 21, 2017
The job was awesome if you can work hard and fast. They time you on your tasks and require a lot from you but pay pretty well. You work all aspects of the store and are not centered on one task in store. Good benefits and company structure.
Pros
Benefits offered, paid breaks and vacations
Cons
Early morning hours, not a set schedule
Horrible place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDApril 21, 2017
They over work you, when it's time for your break you never get it never leave at the time your supposed to they promote anyone to manger with no training what so ever I would not recommend this job to any they treat they're employees like trash like we don't mean a thing over work you like a dog schedule is always changing without any notice. I hate this place!
Pros
NONE
great place
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2017
typical day at work is lifting bending and building a pallet. we are selectors who make sure the stores get the right quality and quanity that they order.
Productive and Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 20, 2017
Aldi's makes sure that you are being used to the best of your ability. There is always something to be done, but the compensation is well worth the amount of effort put into your work everyday.
Good Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 20, 2017
Management, great. I learned more about customer service, smart shopping and how to run a pallet jack. The hardest part of this job was feeling welcomed by the "senior" staff. Most enjoyable part of this job interacting with the customers. Typical day at aldi... stocking the shelves with new shipment, fresh produce and meat daily, cleaning the entire grocery store, having customers through the check out line within seconds.
For the people person
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, MOApril 18, 2017
As assistant manager at the Aldi's grocery store there were many skills necessary including ordering of product, managing personnel comma receiving in inventory and being responsible for that inventory.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Quick pacedenviorment. Makes you sweat.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 18, 2017
Fast paces working environment. This is not a job for everyone. If you like to work independently and don't mind stocking or lifting heavy items, this may be the job for you.
Aldi
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2017
Great Company full of growth and opportunities

Able to Understand the process satisfying customers and learn the how to multi-task. Aldi was my first job. In that first job they was willing to work with and grow with me.

I traveled and worked and also was put in positions to showcase my talents in other aspects of the company
Pros
Salary
Manager Trainee, Political, Personal, Impossible, Unethical
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 15, 2017
The pay is good and the insurance is good. Very hard work, Very hard work. Which is fine if the management structure evaluated you based on your actual performance. One bad DM has the power to run roughshod over 4-6 stores with zero accountability.

Based on that you are supposed to keep your mouth shut about any and everything. If you speak out against anything you will be targeted for termination. You will be told it will be investigated then you will realize quickly there will never be any investigation.

You are given an impossible amount of work to complete in a specific shift since you will be hourly as a MT. This creates a lose lose. Complete your task and still work the exact shift. Or stay over clocked in to be told your not being productive enough in the time frame and be punished for working past your time out.

Either way all tasks are expected to be finished. The DMs are young and inexperienced. They are given a lot of power. Their Directors will back them up on any and everything.

Advancement is based not on objective reviews but on relationships and throwing others under the bus. As a MT you will only get a store if they build one or if you help get another store manager fired. Keep in mind the Store Manager will know this if you get put in a store. Your called and texted on all of your days off. The DM may not even understand the basic ordering system.

Secrecy is standard. The pay is good so most associates and managers will "go along" with whatever to not lose their job. There is great fear if you raise any concerns you will be gone. Because
  more... it happens to anyone who does and everyone then sees it.

As a MT your DM can move you to any store even 50+ miles away and not pay you mileage. Then cut your hours under 40 despite saying you will get 45.

Upper management is fully aware of all of it. Its standard.
Pros
Pay, Good workout
Cons
No breaks, work you to death, no way to raise any concerns
Good, honest, hard work.
Selector (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, OHApril 14, 2017
Working in an Aldi Warehouse is tough; but we are paid well for what we do. They pay us well above our competitors, and treat us with respect. Management has quarterly safety meetings for all employees so we can keep in touch with the company. Like any workplace, there will be gossip and upset employees; but for the most part, everyone gets along. Many of us hang out after work and have become friends through Aldi!

The hardest part about Aldi are the growing pains. Aldi has blown up since I first started in 2010. A normal day of picking included an avarage of around 16,000 cases to pick back then. Now, it's about 50,000 cases with near triple the amount of employees we started off with!

The best part of the job is being able to pick cases for your store your own way (so long as you make rate!). There is no right way to do things, which provides a healthy challenge and keeps you on your toes.
Pros
provided food, paid breaks
Cons
cold environments, growing pains, crowded
Having a great time at Aldi
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Royal, FLApril 14, 2017
Easy breezy work schedule, work load and great working environment. Management is fun and easygoing and Aldi gives everyday people a chance to learn something new.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Hours work varies
Interesting foods to learn about, fast paced cashiers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2017
It is s good company to work for if you are younger. It is a fast paced job with a lot of lifting and stocking. Most managers are fair, upper management expects you to be a robot..
Pros
Good pay, semi Good raises.
Cons
Benefit package, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.