ALDI Employee Reviews

Good Pay and Good Atmosphere
Sales Associate/Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 22, 2016
This is a very productive and fast paced environment. There are usually 3 employees working in the store during a given shift. There will be constant running around the store to help customers get in and out of the store in the most timely manner which can get pretty hectic. Also on some shifts where you get scheduled very early in the morning, you will have to disassemble pallets and put items on the shelves which is probably the worst part of the job in my opinion. I enjoy the fast paced nature of the job because the time goes by faster. Management has slightly unrealistic expectations but considering the amount money we get paid, I suppose it somewhat fair.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, nice atmosphere, emphasis on teamwork
Cons
Tough work at times, unrealistic expectations
Great workplace environment and staff.
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCApril 6, 2016
Typical day at work includes being attentive and patient with customer needs and solving any issues they encounter. Product rotation, stocking, balancing cash drawer, product location, and cleaning store at the end of the night. I learned how to train new employees in tasks assigned by manager. Also, cross-trained in customer service, product rotation and stocking, balancing cash drawers, and product location. You will learn how to be positive and patient. Co-workers come and go but are always friendly and positive. The hardest part of the job is stocking the shelves and product rotation. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great staff and being compensated very well with pay and benefits.
Pros
Paid breaks and great benefits
Unrealistic expectations and money isn't everything
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2016
This job is for someone who can do the work of 10 people by yourself and expects to have no life in the meanwhile. You have to have tough skin dealing with rude customers or rude management. Some customers get mad that you can't gently out their things in the basket. Everything is timed including the speed at the register. Freezer is probably the worst part of the job. Having to unload pallets in -17 degrees and then run in do register and it feels like it's 100 degrees on the floor. If your schedule says 10:30 you can be stuck staying till 12 at most. Sometimes they schedule you to close then open so imagine leaving work at 12am just to come back at 5am. You run risk of injury with the speed of register and all the heavy lifting. Poor communication with management. Poor scheduling I can go on and on. I really don't know how long I'm going to last. THE MAIN THING IS THERE ISNT ENOUGH EMPLOYEES. BEING OVER WORKED TO THE EXTREME
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Short break for 10+ hours, unrealistic expectations, exhausting, draining, poor scheduling
Productive and Great Place to Work!
associate (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 12, 2016
A typical day at Aldi normally will end with you going home exhausted - but in that, you know you worked your tail off! There is a lot expected from the employees - although it goes a long way. In my year there, I found that with the right team and everyone giving 100%, things can go very smoothly and it can be a joy to come to work. The hardest part of the job is the expectations, but the best part is the achievement of getting things done, and MEETING those expectations. The management is phenomenal. They have their own system of management, and I must say it is great. I admire that a lot.
Pros
You always get a break - and great benefits!
Cons
Physically demanding - No set schedule
Productive but understaffed for the amount of work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at Aldi is starting the day off on track with all tasks completed to avoid delays. I learned to manage my time efficiently in order to meet deadlines. My co-workers were determined to work together and complete assigned tasks. The hardest Part was managing the sales floor while working cashier and stocking freezer/cooler properly. The cons to Aldi is that there are only 2 cashiers and a manager present throughout the whole day and too much work for short staff. The most enjoyable part was the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed, too much work for 2 people
Very involved and strenuous work, but very good environment.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GA 30126April 3, 2016
Working at Aldi is not for everyone. The company really does care about all of their employees. They are very willing to allow people to move up, and the management works really hard to get people into better positions. If you are willing to work very long, very physically demanding hours, this job is perfect. Good raises and awesome benefits for full time employees.
terrible
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 24, 2016
Productive and could be a fun work place, but to many unrealistic projects to be done in such a short staffed work place. extremely stressful, communication within the management is terrible. you may not voice your own opinion. drains you out, you have no life outside of Aldi. perfect for someone with no children and no life outside of work willing to just give it their all for the company. worst experience ever..
Pros
pay rate, and benefits plus the time in a half of sundays
Cons
terrible hours, drains you, no life
Aldi Cares
Manager (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMarch 2, 2016
Aldi is a great company to work for. They really do care about their employees. The pay is amazing and the benefits are the best in the country. But, it's hard work. Its not an easy job. 1 person does the job of 10 people. you have to be fast and efficient. It takes a certain kind of person to work for Aldi. It is not for just anyone. Long hours and hard work. It's fast paced and a very stressful environment. But, its all worth it.
Pros
Great pay! Best benefits in the country!
Cons
home life/work life balance is bad. Aldi is a lifestyle. And you will spend your whole life there.
Productive and fast paced
Selector (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 27, 2016
Very fast paced environment and high energy, you have the opportunity to learn different things there given the chance. If needed there is management is always available, co-workers are fun, and different attitude which is good. The hardest part of the job is all the heaving lifting and different temperatures throughout all the rooms. There is never a dull moment!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
The long days
Horrible place to work for
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 2, 2016
Upper Management is ridiculous with expectations and the way the store needs to be ran its just a numbers game for them they will make you do the work of 3 people and have you cut hours when you become salary. There is no work life balance can not stress enough how horribly ran this company is.
Pros
pay
Cons
unrealistic expectations constantly stressed no job security
great store
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I love working for Aldi. i just wish that they would give the older people ( 40 +) more opportunities. I have been a shift manager for 5 years. i am really good at what i do i feel that because i m older ( over 50) and a woman. That the upper management looks at me as though i am not going to be able to move or lift as much as my younger counterparts. That being said this job is a very physical demanding job. This Store that I am at now is a great store we have a wonderful staff and amazing customers.
Pros
401 k, benefits, paid holidays, vacations
Cons
over looking and not hiring of older people
Physically draining job with poor upper management
store manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PADecember 3, 2015
I had worked at Aldi for over ten years. Two as a MIT manager in training and eight as a store manager. The physical labor was eventually too much for my body as I suffered permanent damage to both shoulders, both elbows, and even had a surgery to move my damaged nerve. The pay and benefits are great, but when push comes to shove, no matter how long you have worked there, you are a roll of toilet paper. Once your spent you will be thrown away and replaced. I ran some of the best numbers in my division, raised sales, and had a great staff. Then I got injured and that was it. I knew another manager who had been there 20+ years, he got fired two weeks before Christmas for not hitting his numbers. Do not plan on any job security here unless you are perfect all of the time.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, extreme expectations, no loyalty to employees
Fun place to work
IT support Team Lead /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 15, 2016
The work environment is relaxing. I have learned a lot working for ALDI. My co-workers are fun to work with. Management is very fair. They want to see succeed and they are always looking out for you. They will always recommend you for a promotion whenever one becomes available.
Cons
Awesome team, very encouraging but stressful.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJanuary 8, 2016
I worked as a sales associate for almost a year. I worked with an awesome team and I'm going to miss them. I learned a lot about the job and my ability as a worker myself. Firstly, you need to have open availability and must be able to work from 6am to 9pm. They expect you to work your hardest and keep trying to become better.

This job is not for everyone. Customer satisfaction is the top priority there. I have heard mixed reviews about the ability to move up, so I could not tell you how that is. It is also very hard on your body. I was beginning to have bad cramps in my hands however that may have to do with your form as you are expected to do repetitive work.

Overall I would recommend as a starting point in customer service.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, pay is nice, health insurance is affordable
Cons
Short breaks, mixed reviews about company, your life revolves around work, very tough job
very happy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2016
I absolutely loved my position at Aldi it was a very fast pasted environment, work a lot with machines and watching our dates as well as counting money properly. Ive received a lot of compliments from the customers also from former employees. Kept the store very clean and organized.
Pros
the customers the work the area the hours the pay the benefits
Cons
management
Efficiency with Bad Luck
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Aldi is a very good place for someone who does not have a college degree and does not plan on getting one. There is job security because Aldi is very efficient at spending money and only hires the necessary staff for getting things done but getting in is very hard and you must know someone on the inside because if current employees refer people that stay over a year they get a bonus check. Aldi is a very fast paced environment and whatever your position, your are required to do more than you can actually manage. Aldi does not give the amount of customers each store has and the amount of time an associate must spend with certain customers on a daily bases when it comes to the work load. If one person in the Aldi machine is out of place or not working as efficient as expected than the whole machine can back fire.
Pros
$2 for free every pay check for work shoes, free work shirts, great vacation benefits, health-vision-dental insurance is great, good 401K, Job Security.
Cons
Employees are required to open store at 6 am which alters sleep schedule, If at a busy store it will be understaffed for the amount of work that is expected, cashiers are required to scan 44 items per minute, Constant calls to come in early and begging to stay late.
Great Steady Work / Life Balance; Poor Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 15, 2015
ALDI Corporate (IT) is an excellent place to work for those starting their careers in IT. It has an outstanding life / work balance, and the company strives to reach this objective for each employee. Furthermore, salary / income is extremely competitive. As the department grows, so do the politics and the potential of internal advancement bottleneck. Again, a great place to work for those that wish to start off in the field, but not the place to grow your skills.
Pros
Life / Work Balance, Compensation
Cons
Advancement, Politics, Training, Management
A great company where you can learn a lot!
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, OHMarch 17, 2016
ALDI is a great company for a young executive can be developed. The company culture is conservative, but currently changing. I think this is a great place to work.
Pros
Free car, good benefits
Cons
Hard to advance from DM level
They have great benefits and a great working team.
Cashier/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at Aldis is busy. I run the register, scrap, keep the store straight as well as keep our customers happy. I would say the hardest part of the job is the hours. I do not like working mid-shift and nights. I would rather be home with my son. As well as I was told their was room for improvement and development within the company and at a fast pace, but that has seemed not to be the case learning more about the inside of the company.
Benefits
Cons
Hours and oppertunity
enjoy my job, but I have too much responsibilty for the salary received
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 19, 2015
I work at a location in Topeka, Kansas. I am responsible for putting out the new special buy products, in particular, the food and freezer products. Also, I help put out the non-food products occasionally. I organize the front end tables, register tables and special buy area to ensure maximum product is displayed and signage is done appropriately. I am in charge of lowering prices on products I see necessary and assisting management on any other tasks needed to meet our daily product goals. Also, I use the register and scan our products according to proper ergonomics standards and provide customer service to each and every customer that enters Aldi.
Pros
Benefits. Flexible work schedules
Cons
Poor management. Salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.