ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 1,346 reviews matching the search
Cut throat and unstable working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
as soon as you clock in its slaving. The stores are understaffed to managers are recruited from taco bell with non sense whats going on. awesome benefit and pay.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no work life balance
poor and overwhelming place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
Great pay, great benefits, horrible environment, too fast past, untrained employees, horrible lazy managers, over worked employees. Aldi has a lot of positives with benefits but they do not care about there employees.
Cons
short breaks or no braks, over 10 hour days, too much labor OVER 40lbs
High stress but good pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2017
The pay is second to none. They train you to be a leader in their work place but I feel there is a disconnect between the office and the store. Safety is a huge issue with me working for Aldi.
Pros
Money
Cons
Safety and Hours
Great pay, no time off
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 13, 2017
I loved the pay and benefits, but I was called in to work nearly every day so I never got any time off. Store manager took regular vacations and took every holiday off work but denied the time-off requests of the employees that called them out on it.
Pros
pay
Cons
managers
I am not an employee of Aldi store as of this moment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJune 12, 2017
Aldi seems like a fun and exciting work place. As soon as you walk in you can feel the positive energy that flows through the store which I think generates from the employees.
great co workers, but ran bad as a company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJune 12, 2017
they'll always have you working, management is pretty bad. the co workers are nice, but if you are a younger associate you will be an underdog to everyone else. say goodbye to holidays with your family because you can't request the day before or day of a holiday off.
Pros
co workers
Cons
one break, poor management
Meaningful Experience in a professional environment
District Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILJune 11, 2017
I really appreciated my time working as a District Manager intern at Aldi. It's a fun yet professional environment that provides the opportunity to work closely with coworkers.
Great pay, but not worth the money you are working for.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 10, 2017
Working here at first receiving the pay I was for my age was amazing, I loved it. But after a while you see they work you so much more than what that pay really is worth.
It's a Decent job
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 9, 2017
Aldi does pay their employees fairly well. It is a cut throat and competitive work environment. They constantly time you which is stressful. I will say they have an excellent benefit package.
Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 9, 2017
Management doesn't at all communicate with you until something wrong happens , don't care about their employees they feel like sine they pay you a nice amount they can do what they want to you
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
Hours worked, distance
Cashier, Aldi
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 9, 2017
Wonderful employer, excellent benefits, clean and safe work place. Always something to do and stay busy moving around. I had excellent coworkers and you saw and worked along side management which is rare.
Pros
great benefits
hard work pays off
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 9, 2017
if you work hard it will show
upper management would do better if they actually cared a bit about who's running the stores and how resilient anyone at any position has to be to be employed at their stores.
Pros
good pay
Cons
evrything else
I felt used by the system.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOJune 8, 2017
Overall, I would have to say that there is a lot of favoritism found throughout the company as a whole. I felt that I was not judged fairly with my competition. I got along really well with the staff, but upper management found something not to like. I was let go.
Pros
pay, healthcare
Cons
cliques, micromanagment from certain individuals
Great company with great benefits
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 8, 2017
The workplace was always clean and safe for us and the customers. Have great benefits and growth opportunity for you to build with the company. Overall great company to work for but do have to take in consideration that it is a retail job and the hours are limited.
Fast passed. Good co-workers alot of drama
Picker/Packer pallet maker (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHJune 7, 2017
Employees for the most part are easy to get along with the hours are not the greatest with balancing a life from work.with working 6 days on 2 off is difficult
Pros
Free snacks and coffe
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  North tonawandaJune 7, 2017
I love my job unfortunately due to sitter situation i need to find something overnight. I enjoy my customers, my co-workers and the over all atmosphere. We have an amazing team. The district manager is also great man to work for. I enjoy that we are given tasks and get to work independently on that particular project. We have great prices and products that i stand behind.
Pros
Cons
Hours
A fast paced environment
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 7, 2017
Check paper work, stock the store before opening hours, count the safe, make the list of lunches and breaks for the schedule employees. Key approvals at the register. Handle customer complaints and concerns. Management are very helpful and fun to work with.
Great company, Get rid of management
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJune 7, 2017
The benefits and salary were great. The overall company could you an overhaul, esp on the managements end. There is no such thing as privacy between employer and employee.
pro active work place
Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2017
Three people usually start a typical morning shift at 6 am from there we divide up tasks for the morning. One person will set produce (manager), one will stock cooler and freezer, the other will stock grocery. The store opens at 9 am so at 8:50 we cleanup the store an get ready to open. From this point on we have a main cashier, a back up cashier, and the opening manger. As the morning goes on we take our breaks and maintain the store. At noon the closing shift manager comes in and at 1 the closing cashiers show up and start to take over the openning shifts positions at 2 the opening team goes home. The closing team is now in charge and is maintaining the store making sure all items that are low are filled and stocked to correct perimeters. Later on in the even the closing team cleans the floors, bathrooms, and pulls empty card from the shelves, then locks up for the night.
Pros
fast paced, competitive environment, very flexible work schedule
Cons
lack of communication, poor training
Amazing company too work for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  DallasJune 6, 2017
Love the people great customers the management was wonderful I loved the pay just ready for a change. I loved the fast past environment and something was always make the day go fast from funny stories while filling orders too work related mistakes but they were small never big the got corrected on time I just need a different places to spend my nights because my children need me home during the day.
Pros
Cheap
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.