ALDINE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews in United States

Typical Day
Learning Management Systems Administrator/Inst. (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
Motivate 300 users of the Learning Management Platform to perform well. I play music, build rapport, and I enhance the environment so everyone can achieve success. I've learned to better meet the needs of individuals by listening, getting to know their learning differences, and making adjustments based on their needs so that I can help them achieve their goals. My co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. Everyone is willing to help in anyway possible. The hardest part of my job is when someone doesn't believe in themselves. For example, they've given up before they've even tried. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people unlock their talents and potential.
Pros
Great work life balance
Worst Place Ever
7th Grade Texas History Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Title says it all. This district is and was h*ll. If you're cool with literally no support from administrators, class sizes of about 40 and absurd expectations with no help in achieving them, this is the place for you. I rewatched Lean on Me and saw a school that would have been better to work in that the ones in this district. STAY AWAY
My Day
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
My day at Aldine ISD consist of picking up student from special transportation buses and bring them inside for breadfast .after duty monitor special students, also enter data for the special student that I monitor
Pros
I love working with students
Cons
too much paper work
Life as an Online Programs Coordinator
Online Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2015
This position covers 77 campuses, 5,000+ teachers, and almost 70,000 students. Customer Service is the beginning and end. We are here to serve the students in whatever capacity we can. If it's training teachers, we do that. If it's showing teachers how to use technology in the classroom, we can do that. If it's troubleshooting a particularly difficult software issue, we can do that as well. We have one job title, but will perform about 4 different jobs at any time. You have to move fast, think quickly, and anticipate everything in order to stay ahead of the curve here. It's exciting, fun, and challenging. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something new, and that's the best kind of day to have.
Pros
Challenging, fun, fast-paced
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times, wear too many hats to be able to focus on everything equally
Productive and a place to grow professionally
LEAD COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 6:30 am for me and students don't enter the building until 8:40 for breakfast and 1st bell rings at 9:20. I've learned to never judge a book by its cover. My management is very A typical and B. I'm very proactive and detailed oriented but also willing to step back and allow others to lead and that helps with working and a having a great relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a student that they will not graduate on time but the most enjoyable part of my job is graduation.
Very Stressful and Unsupportive Work Environment!
Middle School ELA Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2013
The district claims they are all about the students and their success. However, this district is TRULY about politics and how much blame they can place on the teachers. The majority of us work hard to ensure student success but we continuously get beat down as if they are purposely trying to break our spirits. The majority of what we do in an eight hour day has absolutely NOTHING to do with our students.
To top it off, the faculty and staff members are completely stressed out with no benefits to fall back on. In my opinion the district does not contribute to anything to medical plans. Most single income families (and some people with multiple incomes) that work in this district help make up the 33% of uninsured people in Texas.
Pros
i have a job!
Cons
the "powers that be" steal your joy of teaching, benefits suck
Multi-tasking
Principal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
Great place and great people to work with. This place was the beginning of great experience working with parents, students and professionals. Support system was the best for my personal growth and development. The demands were reasonable and working with the public gave a greater sense of appreciation. The public was an enormous support to the school system.
Good District Hard Work
English as a Second Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2015
I worked extremely hard in AISD. Everyone I know who works there, works extremely hard. It is too much work. I did well and had great reviews because I am a perfectionist, however I really did work too hard. It effected my family life and I had to move on.
Pros
Great pay. You learn a great deal about education. Opportunities to advance.
Cons
Extremes amount of paper work, classroom overcrowding!!! It is real!!!! Had 26 students entire year!!!!!!!!!!!
Doing what is best for all students to learn, problem solve, critically think, and become informed, productive citizens
Program Director of Elem/Interm Social Studies (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2013
I learned to be a team player and the importance that "it takes a village" to raise children. In my job there was a lot of projects and presentations that were happening at the same time or due around the same time. I learned to work hard and prioritize what needed to be done first. My job could be very stressful, but I did my job and I worked hard.
Pros
the people i worked worth, i have a lot of friends from my years.
Cons
stressful
Productive, Timing, Fast, Busy
cafeteria specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
This is a fun place to work, its fast and busy. This position in my opinion is for someone who wants to go to school. I enjoy this position due to holidays with my children. I enjoy working with my co workers. I have to prepare food items in a timely manner, for the students and staff to enjoy.
Pros
free lunch, dont work on holidays
Cons
pay is not as much when devided all year round
Aldine ISD
Child Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
At this job you have to love kids and be clean.
Everyday you learn something new and see new things. All you have to see read and wright what you use everyday. Working in the nutrition area isn't easy but its not hard either once you get used to it. Your co-workers have a lot to do in a daily basics of your life. I am not going to lie it is hard when some of the ladies/guys don't get along. The job is hard only if your manager does do her or his job.
The most enjoyable pat is that you get to be with your kids since its school hours only.
Pros
free lunches, shirts, and if you take classes you get a raise.
Cons
two brakes health plans and off all summer
Great place to work helped develop skills of excellence and communication
Agent for Property Tax Office @ Aldine ISD (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
A day at work was just that work and it required you to be accurate and absolute as you worked with cash money and many money accounts. It required you to be a team player because each function that you did affected each and everyone else who worked in your section. Co-workers became like a family because we interacted with each other all day while at work.

The hardest part of the job was during the rush in January during property tax time deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team of co-workers who cared and who had the same goal in mind that you had and that was to get the job done, meet the deadlines and then to celebrate on a job well done and be well compensated for it.
Pros
The great experience you obtained
Cons
not being able to take breaks on most days
Welcomed and encouraged ideas
Assessment Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
Given the opportunity to expand my professional skills and enhance my communication skills with the public. Enjoyed working with the students and helping them develop their social skills.
AISD is committed to putting children 1st and providing students will well-rounded educational and life-learning experiences.
Educational Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Urban school district serving a diverse group of students, including an increasing number of English Language Learners. The district has provided me with a wealth of teaching experiences and educational leadership opportunities with continuous advancement. Aldine ISD is a leader in curriculum design.
I saw the school district change
Educator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2015
I worked in Aldine for almost ten years. I got a chance to see the school demographic change. It was a true pleasure working in Aldine.
Very good place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
I enjoyed my job with Aldine ISD, However I am looking for summer employment, and possibly permanent employment. It is a great place to work, and I loved teaching and working with special needs children, they were a delight.
awful work environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  houston, txMay 3, 2015
poor educational institution; hostile work environment; unacceptable educators and adminstrators; producing poor products of the educational system
Aldine ISD Experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Working with students, faculty, and staff. A typical work day includes the education of children; along with providing feedback and instruction to students in a diverse envirnment. Also critique and develop lesson plans for student growth and achievement. This includes creating formal assessments to scale students comprehension on particular subjects. The position allowed me to manage and maintain students academic success and abilities to become leaders of success.The challenge of my abilities to adapt to a diverse group of individuals, is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive learningand work enviornment
Special Education Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
great work environment to work in...staff is very helpful to new teachers onboard.jljirdfoijdirrljirjfhu kjdhsto;h trotrojtojroj tojrojtljfsjihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnlj
Great learning experince of accounting
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  14910 Aldine Westfield Road Houston, Texas 77032April 10, 2014
I would work Monday through Friday from 8am to 2pm. During my externship at the Aldine Independent School District I learned how to reconcile bank accounts against the general ledgers, desktop auditing,filling and how to use their accounting system AMS. My co-workers were all very helpful and they made me feel very comfortable. All my co-workers were very professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had to be very accurate on all my calculations and it was time consuming but it is part of my learning process. The most enjoyable part of the job was bank reconciling because I felt proud of my self when I found the six cents that were missing and making journal vouchers.
Pros
lunch brake
Cons
no pay since i was an externship student

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDINE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.