ALDINE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT

ALDINE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT Employer Reviews

Productive learningand work enviornment
Special Education Resource Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
great work environment to work in...staff is very helpful to new teachers onboard.jljirdfoijdirrljirjfhu kjdhsto;h trotrojtojroj tojrojtljfsjihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnlj
Aldine ISD Experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Working with students, faculty, and staff. A typical work day includes the education of children; along with providing feedback and instruction to students in a diverse envirnment. Also critique and develop lesson plans for student growth and achievement. This includes creating formal assessments to scale students comprehension on particular subjects. The position allowed me to manage and maintain students academic success and abilities to become leaders of success.The challenge of my abilities to adapt to a diverse group of individuals, is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Each day I felt a part in providing a good education for children with special needs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
In my job as an Administrative Assistant each day brought uncertain demands, no days duties were ever the same. The Administrators and Program Directors I had the pleasure of working for were always forthcoming with their knowledge so to teach me the skills I needed to address many of the problems without continuous supervision.
The most rewarding part of the job was to know I had made it possible in some way for each student to receive a good education meeting many different needs.
Aldine ISD
Child Nutrition Services (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, shirts, and if you take classes you get a raise.
Cons: two brakes health plans and off all summer
At this job you have to love kids and be clean.
Everyday you learn something new and see new things. All you have to see read and wright what you use everyday. Working in the nutrition area isn't easy but its not hard either once you get used to it. Your co-workers have a lot to do in a daily basics of your life. I am not going to lie it is hard when some of the ladies/guys don't get along. The job is hard only if your manager does do her or his job.
The most enjoyable pat is that you get to be with your kids since its school hours only.
Algebra Teacher
Algebra Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2014
Taught mathematical concepts
Encourage positive learning environment
Developed lesson plans
Essential that I effectively manage my time, had to organize multiple records, maintain accuracy in the records,maintain professionalism at all times
Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 25, 2014
It was essential that I effectively manage my time. I had to organize multiple records and maintain accuracy in the records. It was required that I maintain professionalism at all times.
Great learning experince of accounting
Externship Student (Former Employee), 14910 Aldine Westfield Road Houston, Texas 77032April 10, 2014
Pros: lunch brake
Cons: no pay since i was an externship student
I would work Monday through Friday from 8am to 2pm. During my externship at the Aldine Independent School District I learned how to reconcile bank accounts against the general ledgers, desktop auditing,filling and how to use their accounting system AMS. My co-workers were all very helpful and they made me feel very comfortable. All my co-workers were very professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had to be very accurate on all my calculations and it was time consuming but it is part of my learning process. The most enjoyable part of the job was bank reconciling because I felt proud of my self when I found the six cents that were missing and making journal vouchers.
Productive workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Aldine ISD is a very productive workplace. All teachers and administrators are dedicated to the success of the students as well as the school.
Inspiring and challenging
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 29, 2013
Being a substitute teacher opens your mind in obtaining knowledge on various subjects. Productive and professional administration staff and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students participate, discuss and complete the assignments.
Eager to learn and watch children grow to learning skills
Teacher aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: love listen to children going back over what has been discussed in classroom.
Cons: having to be able to pull together to get jobs done on time before the day over with.
At Aldine child devlopment , it was a place where children are happy. On these day we have fun learning as working on words of the day, and being able to paint with other children and outdoor plays. To see the children going home with a smile and being able to know the parent are at ease make my day brighten with joys.
Productive ane fine workplace with excellent co-workers and Administrative staff.
Human Resource Secretary (Current Employee), TXSeptember 25, 2013
Every day at work is a very productive day. I've learned that being a team player can produce the Nations Best. Managment and co-workers at Human Resources are all team players and supportive. I don't think their is a hard part of my job because as long as I keep on task everything should flow smoothly. What I like most of my job is that it keeps me busy all day and that makes the day go by faster.
Productive working environment with staff and the students
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility for substitute teachers
Aldine ISD is a great school district who not only care about their students but also their employee as well. It is a great school district for teachers and paraprofessional staff.
Large school district with a small district feel
Assistant Director for Public Information (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2013
Friendly management team that allows employees to reach their potential without being micromanaged. Such a strong family feel for such a large organization.
This was great experience in my life.
Math Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 15, 2013
Pros: great staff, gread atmosphere, and great people
Cons: short time to pass teacher mandated testing. did not complete alternative certification progam.
The management,faculty and staff were great team. I could always count on team at all times.
Nice place to work if you have children
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2013
it was a nice environment , chance to work with a lot of different people but the hardest part of the job was the kids because respect is something you earn , its not owed to you .
Educational
Second, Third and Fourth Grade GT Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TexasMay 13, 2013
It was a very enlightening experience, I learned a lot and helped many students feel successful!
Doing what is best for all students to learn, problem solve, critically think, and become informed, productive citizens
Program Director of Elem/Interm Social Studies (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 4, 2013
Pros: the people i worked worth, i have a lot of friends from my years.
Cons: stressful
I learned to be a team player and the importance that "it takes a village" to raise children. In my job there was a lot of projects and presentations that were happening at the same time or due around the same time. I learned to work hard and prioritize what needed to be done first. My job could be very stressful, but I did my job and I worked hard.
College centered curriculum where majority of pupil will need technical skills more than academic.
Educator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
Pros: dynamic environment with youthful energy.
Cons: some were lacking in motivation to work.
Challenging but rewarding work that allowed you to give back to the community.
Bilingual Kindergarten Teacher
Kindergarten Bilingual Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2013
Pros: i like to work with children and with other staff members.
Teaching core curses in Spanish to elementary students in Spanish Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and English as a second language from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Be Strong
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2013
The students were tough and some administration was not very supportive.