Aldo Employee Reviews

Fashion Forward
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 18, 2017
A typical day working at ALDO was to ensure the visuals of the store was up to ALDO headquarter standards, providing customer service to all potential sales and opening/closing the store.
Fast Paced Environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2017
Great Benefits
Fast-Paced
Great location
Fun accepting atmosphere
Poor Management Choices
Sometimes expectation nwere too high for low level employees
Alright
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2017
The management hierarchy is flawed. No room to grow within company and they value numbers rather than employee effort and hours. The amount of work you do is not valued.
Boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAOctober 14, 2017
I never have fun at work , when you’re doing an interview they make it seem so fun and like you’ll get a lot of hours but when you do work they cut your hours short
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at aldo will include selling, selling and more selling. Not much training, managers will harassed you if you don't make your quota. People will steal your sale if you are not careful.
Pros
You get great discount
Cons
No job security
Overall about the company
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 3, 2017
Very competitive environment. Beautiful company just not always fair when it comes to their employees. I will say Aldo taught me great customer service skills.
Pros
Discount's, and the people I worked with were very friendly.
Cons
I was not able to grow with this company
Lots of change
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 2, 2017
My time at ALDO was incredible up until 2015 when they started to implement lots of changes that steered them away from their "people first" environment. Unfortunately ALDO has become about making money and not about fostering an environment where their teams can reach their full potential. We have seen a lot of change at the top which has trickled down to a lot of turnover in loyal employees.
Cons
No longer guided by core values of LOVE, Integrity & respect
fast paced but very helpful
sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2017
also was my first introduction into working as a sales associate and i bave to say i was very happy with my overall experience. I worked seasonally and was present during the week of black friday. i have to say that working there was very fast paced and you have to be very quick on your feet and have a full understanding of aldo products before selling them to customers.
Pros
employee discounts
Good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work plays good music while your working getting to know your customers is great because you get to dress them up and tell them what you would do or how to weat it ..... some people love when bring them out of your comfort zone so just be your self be happy greet them make sure they doing ok and know about the promotions that’s going on
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Not enough pay
Aldo
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2017
I started working as a part sales associate. I eventually moved up as a assistant manager and then to a full time store manager with the right training. I learned everything you need to know to run a good workplace and business. The workplace was good it required a lot of self motivation. the hardest part of the job was all of the expectations of being hands on in every aspect. The hardest part was to have a great team to help you have a successful store. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fun it can be to express your personal style and influence people to feel good about them self in fashion.
relaxed work environment that believed in self expression
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The best part of my job was that it was a pretty relaxed work environment. It helped me develop as a person and also as a manager because I felt like I was learning something new everyday. The hardest part was maintaining my personal sales goals and also making time to do paper work, training associates and keeping the store up to par.
Aldo
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 29, 2017
Sales focused position. High Fashion products. In a fast paced work environment. Enjoyable place of employment. However looking to learn and grow more!
Fun
Sales Lead/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Help customers with selections and sizes while providing world class customer service. Greeted customers with a smile and warm welcome. Communicate information to customers about product quality, value and style.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Fun and fashionable place to work, the downside, it is very competitive and not worth the pay. You basically go to work for very little pay, no benefits other than discount, bad management, no raise and stressful competition for sales goals. if your looking for fun within fashion this is your job, looking for money and cool benefits not your job.
Fun Workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2017
Aldo gave me the opportunity to find myself as an employee. It was my first serious job and I will always be grateful for the opportunity they gave me.
Fun working environment, competitive, fast-paced
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Aldo is a great company if you want to grow in the retail industry. They have many opportunities for advancement and growth within the business and they are always willing to teach their employees. Every single person I have met working there has taught me something and everyone is very understanding and accepting.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, flexible hours
Cons
Open 365 days
work environment is cool
Customer service and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 22, 2017
Aldo was a temporary work job during the summer , i enjoyed it but then again i had no interest in retail i would rather have a job that supports my degree in sports.
Pros
good area
Cons
management
There isn't a direct problem but probably just the store I worked at.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLSeptember 22, 2017
My biggest problem with Aldo was the environment. There was people who I worked with that where rude, inconsiderate, and just mean. I can't lie I did learn a handful of stuff, from this job. The store manager was a great teacher/mentor. As for the other "managers" not so much but whatever.
I liked that there was always a challenge and a goal being enforced I didn't mind that. I will say this if you are the shy, lazy or unpassionate type this job probably won't be for you.
Pros
The store manager was a great manager, very dedicated, thoughtful, and motivating. Work was never boring or dull.
Cons
Stressful, No benefits, (which I don't care for but I know some do.), Everyone be side the head manager and the stock room boys, where very obnoxious and unprofessional.
Aldo is a trustworthy company. The staff is friendsly and easy to work with
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Aldo is a great company to work for. The work environment is peaceful. Everyone gets along. The management team is helpful and understanding of situations. Over all aldo has helped me develop experience, and skills that will help he in the near future.
Pros
Outgoing coworkers, leading managers, organized
Cons
Scheduling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Management was really unprofessional and had a lot of favortisim.
On the other hand managers would bring there problems from home and take it out on employers .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.