ALE Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

account clerk
Accounting Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 28, 2016
• Clerical and administrative support
• Entered and assigned new hotel placement claims
• Assisted with incoming and outgoing company mailing
• Update internal databases spreadsheets and Filing
Exhibited positive attitude and a strong commitment to providing excellent service.
Liked the work, good environment, terrible pay
Security Deposit Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with ALE. I wish I would have been able to stay but the pay was nothing to build a life off of. The group I worked with was great but management definitely had their favorite departments which showed. I thought that was unprofessional. Taking breaks was very strict and rigid. Taking time off could be a hassle at times too.
Pros
Great department, Relaxed environment. Friendly people
Cons
Pay, strict breaks
New employee's perspective - joined September '15
New Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMarch 10, 2016
Positives

1. What we do every day: we are trusted to help families, often with nowhere to go, find a roof over their head and provide a friendly, understanding voice on the other end of the phone.

2. The passion of the leadership team to build a strong, vibrant company that cares for employees and clients alike.

3. The team oriented, “whatever it takes” attitude of nearly every employee in the building.

Negatives
While some of the CONs posted may just be unhappy people, many of them have a point. The primary driver behind of nearly ALL of the issues has been the enormous growth the company has experienced.

It simply put too much pressure on a dedicated but undermanned management team. It impacted their ability to hire, train and support their employees to the degree that they would have liked.

The company has invested a considerable amount to address these issues. The organization is beginning to keep pace with its continued growth. If you enjoying truly making a difference, it is a great place to work.
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
The place to be!
Hotels (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILFebruary 25, 2016
I started with ALE almost a year ago and the changes that have taken place in the past 9 months are amazing. The owners really care about maintaining our culture and brand and have created an amazing open work environment. If you are looking for a great place to not just have a job but start a career path look no further!
Pros
Rewarding experiences every day, free lunches, crazy Christmas party!
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
Overall a great company to work for with excellent benefits
National Account Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 30, 2015
Great entry level positions available with paid time off. Offers competitive opportunities to move up in the company. Emerging company that allows the chance to succeed.
Pros
Paid vacation and heath insurance
Cons
Stressful at times with call volume
Fun workplace
Hotel Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 22, 2015
Fun workplace. Helped people who went through natural disasters and placed them into hotels and homes. Would have events on holidays.
Don't walk away RUN!!
Outside Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILSeptember 18, 2015
This company is by far the worst. The trainers only train on their time and have their crying kids in the background that take priority over the ones being trained. The management well thats another story in itself, so unorganized, horrible communication skills, very back woods at best.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Booking hotels, setting and confirming check outs, and requesting final billing receipts.
Hotel Coordinator's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 1, 2015
Entering time sensitive insurance claims to gain knowledge and work with the needs of displaced policyholders. Working alongside their insurance adjusters I book and extend hotel stays per adjuster’s approval, set and confirm check outs, and request final billing receipts.
Pros
Benefits and great pay.
Cons
24/7 365 and under staffed.
Works with insurance companies nationwide
National Account Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 14, 2015
- Exceptional co-workers & team morale
- High-stress, fast paced work environment with unrealistic goals & performance measurements for employees
- Severe favoritism between management and certain employee -- unfair promotions, people being passed up, and undervalued assets
- Inexperienced, unorganized, and secretive management
Pros
5 minutes from home; co-workers; & hour lunches
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, understaffed, and unorganized management
I Enjoy My Experience
Hotel Night Audit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 25, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about ALE. I enjoy my job, am paid well and love what I do. My co-workers are wonderful and the my relationship with management has been fine.
Horrible
assistant (Current Employee) –  St Charles, ILApril 14, 2015
High school all over over again. You're either a bully or you're being bullied.
There is no experienced management, everyone just goes with the flow. Process changes weekly. Its basically a call center.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management or lack of
Great family-friendly company
Management (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 11, 2015
I've been employed at ALE for over a year and can honestly say I love coming to work here! The owners and management are incredibly warm and are very good to their employees; especially those that show initiative and work hard. You can tell from the benefits package they offer that they truly care about their employees. They seem to be flexible about time off and their benefits vest very early compared to my experiences with other employers. They also quickly promote people who come in and have a positive impact right away.

They make a visible effort to keep morale up; they sometimes provide lunch just because. They also do fun stuff for holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas (they threw an amazing holiday party last year for everyone), and Valentine's day, and they have t-shirts and other little give-aways. These seem like small things but it all adds up to show that this is a company that values its employees. They also appear to do a good amount of charity through the "ALE Cares" program.

Some of the negative comments I think were posted by former employees who were not a good fit. I think a lot of the employees are fresh out of college and don't know a good work environment from a bad one, so they may not realize just how good of an opportunity they had here. I have worked for several other companies before taking the job here and never felt as good coming to work as I do at this job. Things do get very busy at times so it may not be a good fit for people who don't like to work hard. To me it's a job where you get out of it what you put into it. I don't enjoy
  more... being bored at work, so this is a perfect fit for me.  less
Pros
great benefits, fast growing company, fun
Cons
gets busy, some employees have non-traditional hours.
Uplifting environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Great company with a solid mission. A passionate, fun, and proactive team that truly cares about helping families affected by disasters. It's been exciting to see the growth of ALE's core business and staff just over the past several months... A true reflection of the company's care and top notch customer service.

Nonstop 24/7 service all day, every day, is a lot of upkeep and it can be a (regular) challenge to ensure staff scheduling is constantly in order. The people (culture) at ALE make all the difference to ensure these needs are met.
Challenging but interesting place to work
Furniture Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 19, 2015
My typical day at work was very routine. ALE Solutions is a temporary housing company hired by insurance companies to assist families displaced from their homes. I followed a checklist of daily tasks and certain things needed to be done by certain points of the day. I worked on a team with two other coordinators, two assistants and my manager. I received daily feedback on how I performed. My co-workers were all very nice and everyone at ALE Solutions seemed to love their job and love helping families in need. While the majority of my job was repetitive procedure, I still never had the same scenario twice. Each family had a different situation and in turn different needs. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I made a mark on certain families. Generally families were appreciative of our service but it was meaningful to make a genuine difference with them. On the other hand the hardest part of the job was when the insurance companies would no longer pay or provide for a family. We had to unfortunately follow the direction of the insurance adjusters, but we at ALE were the bearers of bad news and it was difficult to break that to families. All in all, I feel fortunate to have worked at ALE Solutions and learned all that I have.
Pros
plenty of positive feedback and constructive critism, fun work events, decent health benefits
Cons
was required to work unpaid on call weekends once a month
Productive and a fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 2, 2014
My typical days consists of answering numerous phone calls and directing them to the correct person, or even sometimes try to handle the situation myself. Also, I sort both faxed and folios to the hotel coordinators.
Pros
great atmosphere
Do not apply for this company unless you enjoy short term positions
folio specialist (Current Employee) –  st.Charles ilSeptember 24, 2014
Let me first say that the people I work with are great! They were all very friendly and fun. Unfortunately there are a number of problems present with this company. I will only briefly discuss two. The turn over rate is awful. I received company wide emails almost every other day of employees who were 'no longer working' for the company. EVERYONE, except say 3 people, in my department was at the company less than 4-5 months. They lack an experienced work force. The worst part about it is that management does not care to train properly. I was suppose to receive 3-4 days of direct training. I only received one day. Rather than notify the employee of mistakes they've made and teach them a correct method, they choose not to work with them. When an employee receives that treatment, it's no wonder why they can't perform their position appropriately. They offer positions that are 'very' entry level for a reason.

Before I applied to this company, I read these reviews.
I chalked them up as disgruntled employees. I wish I would've took their advice before applying. I would have saved myself a lot of time and head ache.
Pros
insurance
Cons
workload, hours, training, management, compensation
If self loathing is your thing then I would recommend working for ALE Solutions
Folio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 13, 2014
I had a thankless position as a "Folio Specialist" at this company during my short stint there. Not an ideal job but you have to make the best of things especially in this day and age and sometimes you just have to take what you cant get. Working at this place could drive somebody to jump off the bridge into the Fox River which is in close proximity to ALE Solutions.

Management is terrible and the majority of the people working here have extremely high opinions of themselves. Its like high school all over again. People get canned on a weekly and even a daily basis. At ALE they like to burn people up for all they're worth and then turn them out. I've never seen such a high turnover rate any one company before. The person I reported to was in a perpetual state of crankiness and I'm not sure if I ever saw a smile crack through her otherwise blank face. I can't blame her entirely though because she was clearly over worked. ALE utilizes a temp agency and if you're a temp at ALE then forget it. Temps are second class citizens here and that's a generous description. I'm not sure how anybody could make a career out of working at ALE unless being miserable constantly is a life long goal you'd like to achieve. Perhaps concocting a facade of enjoyment and false enthusiasm is the key. I've seen photos of people that work here wearing T-Shirts that state "I Love My Job" as if to convince themselves that they do. This paired with the constant food and treats readily available must be ALE's attempt at some sort of Pavlovian conditioning so that the employees don't realize how terrible it
  more... really is to work for this company.

I could go on and on about the people at ALE but they are a rare mixture of Pompous, bland and inept that I'd just assume not waste any extended period of time writing about. What the company does to attempt to help families find alternative housing on the surface seems like a genuinely helpful concept. Unfortunately it is blacked out almost entirely by the people who work for and run the company.

I was let go in one of the more cowardly ways anyone could be terminated from a place of employment. After I worked a full day I pulled into my driveway and as I was pulling up I got a call from the temp agency. ALE had "terminated my assignment" for what to me is still unclear. I was informed indistinctly that the were some mistakes. This was news to me because none of my supervisors had informed me of any errors. I would have welcomed criticism if there had been any errors so I could have made the proper corrections. Confrontation and communication doesn't seem to be ALE's strong suit. They probably don't waste such efforts on temps. I left a pair of my reading glasses at my desk and called the head of HR so I could pick them up. I didn't receive a call back after I left a message on her voice-mail but I did receive my glasses via Fed Ex some days later. I guess ALE would rather waste money on parcel shipment than let a guy wait out in the lobby for his glasses. I understand some people probably freak out after they're let go and this is a precaution to reduce an incident but come on. This is taking it to an extreme and is disrespectful. It's like they went out of their way to treat me like a dirt bag. I guess in ALE's eyes I don't deserve to learn what I may have done wrong to get fired.In learning this I may have gained some insight so that I won't repeat similar mistakes at positions I will hold in the future. The positive part to this is that I will never hold a position at ALE again and I feel sorry for people that have and currently hold positions there. I'd rather flip burgers at McDonald's. At least McDonald's has a thing called a Happy Meal. There's nothing happy about being at ALE.
Pros
none to speak of beside the fact that they pay you albeit poorly
Cons
too many to name
Worst company to work for
CSS (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles IllinoisApril 27, 2014
This company is the worst place I have ever worked for. The turn over rate is ridiculous. Multiple people get fired each week for stupid reasons. Management gossips about their employees constantly. You get placed in long term housing if you're attractive and hotels if you're not as attractive. They definitely don't stand behind their employees when something goes wrong. Terrible terrible management
Pros
nothing good about this place
Cons
bad management, high turn over, overworked
Fast paced and growing
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 25, 2014
This company is always growing and the ability to advance quickly is available to those who work hard. The people that work there are friendly and helpful for newcomers. Training takes some time but questions are welcomed. The work day is different everyday. It's a lot of work but doable if you are able to be organized. You learn a lot quickly.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
can have long hours
Unfair and very cliquey
Hotel Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 27, 2013
There is Not much opportunity for advancement considering that all supervision and management positions are filled with family members to higher management and even entry level employees alike. to join this company as an "outsider" basically sets up for a simple high-school like environment. Not all Supervisors are part of this negative review, but they are also in no position to take sides.

If your not already a friend of a friend, don't bother, once in, the group will do all they can to push you out for their own gain. Be it OT hours, open slot for a friend, or just because they don't like you. It is a great company with a very rewarding sense of accomplishment because every day you are making a displaced families time of horror become just a bit more manageable by assisting them in finding temporary housing.

If your looking for high stress and fast paced days and long hours, this job is great. You Must MUST be a people person and have great communication skills. Above all else, make sure you are likable and a team player. The environment strives for team players.
Pros
great location, beautiful office space, discounts on hotels
Cons
unfair working coditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALE Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9