Alegent Health Employee Reviews

Rewarding work environment.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 13, 2016
Positive, rewarding culture in the healthcare industry with many opportunities to advance your career. Outstanding staff and excellent facilities.
Lots of opportunity for advancement
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2016
Lots of opportunity for advancement and chance to learn a variety of areas. Learn on the job while I attended school. Learned many different varities of job functions.
Medical Records Clerk
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 30, 2015
My experience in this position was unique. I am a quick learner and the job itself was monotonous and mundane. Not the type of work I would suggest for anyone who needs to be stimulated. However, the employees were courteous and enjoyable.
Pros
self regulated
Cons
boring
Awesome job. I sat and did data entry all day.
Medical Reception Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2016
this is a very good job for people who no longer want to work in call centers anymore.You work independantly and do not have back to back calls.
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Medical Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 24, 2015
It was a pleasure to work for this facility. It was a pleasure and honor working with all departments and medical staff. My typical day involved coding, working with physicians and QA/UR and all other department heads to assist in quality care for all our patients and heir families.
Alegent Health has been a good employer.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2014
Was able to work from home, with flexibility in working parttime hours. Learned to produce quality typed reports free of typographical and grammar errors. Management provided excellent support to assist in completing job duties. Contact with coworkers was through phone and online connection. Coworkers were excellent and provided assistance if needed. Hardest part of the job was understanding certain dictators given their manner of speaking. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home and the job flexibility
Pros
Was able to work from home.
Cons
No real cons.
Touching peoples' lives in health and wellness
Receptionist for Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Corning, IAFebruary 16, 2014
People would come in for mental health appointments. It was a pleasure to serve them. I scheduled the doctor and therapists' appointments and submitted each visit to insurance, if applicable.
I was happy to greet them with a smile and warm "hello".
The fellow employees were committed and passionate about the patients they served.
The hardest part of the job was people who were sick and unhappy but the best part was seeing so many feel better after the care they received while in our clinic.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with!
Cons
Seeing sickness and mental illness
Work Without Supervision, Multiple Tasks
Billing Account Representative-Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2012
Handled all collection accounts and precedures. Worked with attorneys, collection companies, and patients on a daily baises. Researched and audited all patient disputes and attorney requests. Audited accounts to verify patient and insurance laibility to determine how to proceed with account, collections, judgement, lien etc. Handled all probate, bankruptcy, and attorney request. Followed all health laws and regulations.
Pros
working with the patients on a daily bases. great work atmospher, healthcare benefits, employee regonition from employer.
Great compassion for patients and everyone worked as a team.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 17, 2013
I loved my job, co-workers and location of my job.
I felt blessed to work with such amazing people, we worked as a team.
I was laid off and left on very good terms, however, I am not getting any responses for employment in positions I've applied for that I qualify for that have opened up since my lay off 4 yrs ago.
I would love to work for them again.
Pros
nice incentives, food, recognition and great team work for patient care.
Cons
i have no complaints.
A very exciting and fun place to be
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 28, 2013
A typical day at work, since I work overnight shift, includes venipunctures per physicians orders, assessing work flow, and making assignments as needed, cohesiveness amongst coworkers, getting work done in a timely manner, prioritizing according to procedures,the hardest part of the job is you're treated like family and you miss you fellow workers when they not there, and the most enjoyable part is seeing their smiling faces again.
Pros
awarde and acknowledged for work
Cons
n/a
Very nice environment of job
Building Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2013
Checking chemical levels for 4 pools (Ph, chlorine, alkalinity, combined chlorine, temperature)
Check filters, main and auxiliary equipments for pools (pumps, ozone system, auto fill, heaters, timers, chemical controllers, etc)
Perform preventive-corrective maintenance of fitness equipments (cardio, weight, pilates, etc)
Building maintenance (electrical, plumbing, hvac, etc)
I have learned about pools regulations, fitness equipment, work orders, purchase orders, among others administrative tasks.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low wages
Changes on the Horizon
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2013
A typical day in this position consisted mostly of registering patients. I was the only registrar at the time cross-trained in all four "departments" (emergency, diagnostic, surgery, ambulatory surgical center). We captured insurance and demographic information from patients checking in for a variety of reasons.

Also, our registrars were trained in pre- registering and pre-certification for patients who held specific policies.

My manager was wonderful. She was dedicated to the job, and focused on our continuing education and growth.
Pros
Patient Interaction, Insurance Familiarity
Cons
Not enough opportunity
CSR/ Central Billing Office
Customer Service Rep. / Central Billing Office (Former Employee) –  Omaha,NebraskaAugust 7, 2013
Medical Billing & correcting claims, interacting with patient & insurance companies. Great co -workers. Getting annoyed with people who don't follow through and do their jobs. The great part is helping people who depend on you to take care of them.
Pros
loving what you do!
Cons
Downsizing & Restructuring
Strong health care environment
Staff RN for Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Units (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 27, 2013
Day begins by receiving my assigned patients. Retrieve information pertaining to my patients. Assessments are implemented, medications and treatments administered, Charting upon completion of tasks and assessments. Care rounds and discussion of plan of care with the social worker, care manager, dietician, therapy, pastoral care. I have learned time management and communication skills. Management is strong concerning maintaining the medical unit. Coworkers provide a teamwork attitude to provide quality care. Hardest part of my job is the changes with health care and coverage for my patients. The most enjoyable part of my career is relating with my patients and reaching goals in place for the health and wellness.
Pros
Teamwork, Strong management, Positive persons
Cons
Unrealistic limits, Insurance and benefit changes
N/a
Catering associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2014
I loved the people that I worked with. I did not however like how it was ran. There are so many levels to get through to get anything accomplished. That is what I didn't like and what stressed me out the most. We had very little time to get all of our duties done and they had no problem adding to our list of things to do.
Life in L&D
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NeMay 18, 2013
I loved working for Alegent out at Lakeside. My typical day started out caring for Mothers and their new infant babies. I would assist the mothers with duties such as patient care duties. I would take vitals, assist mothers and give direction on how to care for newborns. On the overnight shift I would rock babies to sleep while their mothers slept. Coming from an Emergency room to a labor and delivery unit was a total 180 change. I learned what happens to a females body before/after child birth. I loved working the overnight shift, their were wonderful woman to work with. The hardest part of the job, was being flexed, if there were no mother baby units we would be sent home. Management was excellent. They guided staff on teaching and being knowledgeable for our patients. I loved working for Alegent, they have a wonderful mission statement. Which many of the staff lived by.
Pros
Watching babies come into the world
Cons
Being Flexed
able to work at home was a great benefit with small kids and now with mom living with us.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 30, 2013
I usually start work at 3:30 am and work until noon Monday thru Friday. I am still learning every day with this most interesting job. This position has not only been the most challenging position but the most interesting position. I have learned so much about the medical profession. Our management was very helpful with all of our questions and needs. Since I worked at home I had limited access to most of the other transcriptionists, but we did have opportunities to Our job is very challenging since we are typing what the doctors are saying and sometimes it is not clear and many medical terms are pronounced differently by the doctors. I have loved learning about Alegent and how we take care of our patients and help to keep our community healthy. .
Pros
working at home, flexible hours.
Cons
Medical transcription is in the process of going electronic and eliminating our jobs
not a good place to work as a rank and file member
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2013
Hostile and untrustworthy management. Some supervisors are unfair,intimidating and unprofessional. I did enjoy working with the staff and patients
Pros
They have a psychiatric emergency room.
Cons
Management staff are not honest.
Good location...good environment for working.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2012
Learned good people skills. Most enjoyable part was
communication with patients, visitors and other hospital staff.
Good benefits and competitive pay.
Pros
benefits and competitive pay scale
Cons
shortage of workers
Alegent
Clinical IT Help Desk Specialist Liaison (Former Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 27, 2014
Employed in Alegent Healthcare as an RN and in the Information Technology Department supporting Siemens Soarian implementation. Used Soarian Clinicals in documentation in direct patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alegent Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2