Alegent Health Employee Reviews

Awesome job. I sat and did data entry all day.
Medical Reception Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2016
this is a very good job for people who no longer want to work in call centers anymore.You work independantly and do not have back to back calls.
Medical Records Clerk
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 30, 2015
My experience in this position was unique. I am a quick learner and the job itself was monotonous and mundane. Not the type of work I would suggest for anyone who needs to be stimulated. However, the employees were courteous and enjoyable.
Pros
self regulated
Cons
boring
Immanuel Hospital- ER
RN in the ER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaOctober 13, 2015
I love the people who I have worked with over the near 18 yrs at IMC in all departments. Our ancillary staff is wonderful as are the RN's on the floors I give report to.
My position as an Emergency RN is very fast paced, varied in the types of patients and a wide demographic of cultures. My hospital has 5 different psychiatric units and over the past few years it seems that psych has taken over our department. This has changed the ER that I have known all of my 30 yr career.
I have made the heart wrenching decision that I would like to take the years of experience and my critical thinking and skill set and put them to use in a different way.
I am looking for a position that does not involve direct patient care. Perhaps a chart review to include billing, or utilization review, patient satisfaction, medical errors etc. I am not even sure what positions are available but it is a desk job I am seeking.
CHI now owns all Alegent hospitals . They have wonderful insurance and prescription drug benefits but that is the only positive I have for them. So this also affects my seeking a new opportunity in nursing.
Pros
Variety of patients, never boring, wonderful team to work with, great management staff
Cons
NEVER get a break or lunch in 12-13 hours shift, I will miss working with long time friends
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Medical Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 24, 2015
It was a pleasure to work for this facility. It was a pleasure and honor working with all departments and medical staff. My typical day involved coding, working with physicians and QA/UR and all other department heads to assist in quality care for all our patients and heir families.
Hard and Busy
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 15, 2015
My job is hard and very busy . I come in first thing is to see if there was anything that we needed to know about, Then we get mops and rags, and cleaning supplies ,paper towels and toilet paper. Then we go to our assigned areas,set up carts. My area was Rehab. So then get my solutions in buckets to clean, take and put my cart be the desk. Get trash can and pull all the trash in Rehab. Then try and if the patient was up or there was no Dr . or nursing and Rehab Staff in Rooms so i can get in the Rooms to clean. Then clean Staff Lounge, Rest Rooms ,Conference area , waiting area , Dining area,do high Dusting and other dusting. If patient needs anything most Welcome to get it.Then at the end of the Day go collect trash again. Then if there are Dismissal cleans do them to in order to get ready for next patient that most of the time comes in as you are finishing up the room.

Management we have a hard time getting them to address matters that needed to be addressed. There were trouble makers that was just not being put a stop to and was allowed to let them keep going. but for the most part did Like Management . They did most of the time notice when you do a good job. And give Certificate for such things .I have received a Cares Certificate for saving a life .

My co-workers most of them were willing to help if it was needed. I do enjoy joking and having fun with them we did get a long minus all the chatter.

The Hardest part of my Job was when i already was busy will everything else i needed to do . They High percentage of Dismissal Cleans that needed to come through ,that
  more... was the hardest of all.

The funnest part of my Job was the Patients talking with Them Joking and and listening to some of there stories that was the Highlight of my Day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free food that the Doctors and would send down after there meetings, Managment once in a while would would bring in Donuts, Fresh Fruit, also take us out for lunch atleast once a year.
Cons
Short Breaks, not having supplies on hand when you need it.
great work
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2014
I enjoy my time as a nurse. I I do like the my co-workers and those who I work for.
Pros
love helping others.
Cons
hours to receive
was great company to work for when team members are involved
Patient account representative/customer service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2014
loved to work with patients to resolve issues,very rewarding
Pros
worked with great team members and we worked together
benefits
This was a fast pass environment.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2014
I love the diversity of working in a hospital environment and the ever changing challenges that come with every patient.
Easy to pick up extra call hours, if desired.
Procedure Center RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 17, 2014
Learned about many different personalities and managerial styles.
Very pleasant plate to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaMay 22, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Currently work at home and have learning to stay in the loop while working at home,
Team Oriented
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mercy - Council Bluffs :LocationMay 7, 2014
Team Oriented employer with a great group of co workers. Compassion, Focused, and Educational.
Alegent Health has been a good employer.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2014
Was able to work from home, with flexibility in working parttime hours. Learned to produce quality typed reports free of typographical and grammar errors. Management provided excellent support to assist in completing job duties. Contact with coworkers was through phone and online connection. Coworkers were excellent and provided assistance if needed. Hardest part of the job was understanding certain dictators given their manner of speaking. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home and the job flexibility
Pros
was able to work from home.
Cons
no real cons.
Alegent
Clinical IT Help Desk Specialist Liaison (Former Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 27, 2014
Employed in Alegent Healthcare as an RN and in the Information Technology Department supporting Siemens Soarian implementation. Used Soarian Clinicals in documentation in direct patient care.
Touching peoples' lives in health and wellness
Receptionist for Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Corning, IAFebruary 16, 2014
People would come in for mental health appointments. It was a pleasure to serve them. I scheduled the doctor and therapists' appointments and submitted each visit to insurance, if applicable.
I was happy to greet them with a smile and warm "hello".
The fellow employees were committed and passionate about the patients they served.
The hardest part of the job was people who were sick and unhappy but the best part was seeing so many feel better after the care they received while in our clinic.
Pros
wonderful people to work with!
Cons
seeing sickness and mental illness
N/A
Catering associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2014
I loved the people that I worked with. I did not however like how it was ran. There are so many levels to get through to get anything accomplished. That is what I didn't like and what stressed me out the most. We had very little time to get all of our duties done and they had no problem adding to our list of things to do.
great place to work
EMR abstrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2013
abstracting medical information into the new computer system.
Strong health care environment
Staff RN for Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Units (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 27, 2013
Day begins by receiving my assigned patients. Retrieve information pertaining to my patients. Assessments are implemented, medications and treatments administered, Charting upon completion of tasks and assessments. Care rounds and discussion of plan of care with the social worker, care manager, dietician, therapy, pastoral care. I have learned time management and communication skills. Management is strong concerning maintaining the medical unit. Coworkers provide a teamwork attitude to provide quality care. Hardest part of my job is the changes with health care and coverage for my patients. The most enjoyable part of my career is relating with my patients and reaching goals in place for the health and wellness.
Pros
teamwork, strong management, positive persons
Cons
unrealistic limits, insurance and benefit changes
Changes on the Horizon
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2013
A typical day in this position consisted mostly of registering patients. I was the only registrar at the time cross-trained in all four "departments" (emergency, diagnostic, surgery, ambulatory surgical center). We captured insurance and demographic information from patients checking in for a variety of reasons.

Also, our registrars were trained in pre- registering and pre-certification for patients who held specific policies.

My manager was wonderful. She was dedicated to the job, and focused on our continuing education and growth.
Pros
patient interaction, insurance familiarity
Cons
not enough opportunity
not a good place to work as a rank and file member
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2013
Hostile and untrustworthy management. Some supervisors are unfair,intimidating and unprofessional. I did enjoy working with the staff and patients
Pros
they have a psychiatric emergency room.
Cons
management staff are not honest.
Very nice environment of job
Building Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2013
Checking chemical levels for 4 pools (Ph, chlorine, alkalinity, combined chlorine, temperature)
Check filters, main and auxiliary equipments for pools (pumps, ozone system, auto fill, heaters, timers, chemical controllers, etc)
Perform preventive-corrective maintenance of fitness equipments (cardio, weight, pilates, etc)
Building maintenance (electrical, plumbing, hvac, etc)
I have learned about pools regulations, fitness equipment, work orders, purchase orders, among others administrative tasks.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low wages

4.2