Alegent Health

Alegent Health Employee Reviews

Hard and Busy
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Free food that the Doctors and would send down after there meetings, Managment once in a while would would bring in Donuts, Fresh Fruit, also take us out for lunch atleast once a year.
Cons: Short Breaks, not having supplies on hand when you need it.
My job is hard and very busy . I come in first thing is to see if there was anything that we needed to know about, Then we get mops and rags, and cleaning supplies ,paper towels and toilet paper. Then we go to our assigned areas,set up carts. My area was Rehab. So then get my solutions in buckets to clean, take and put my cart be the desk. Get trash can and pull all the trash in Rehab. Then try and if the patient was up or there was no Dr . or nursing and Rehab Staff in Rooms so i can get in the Rooms to clean. Then clean Staff Lounge, Rest Rooms ,Conference area , waiting area , Dining area,do high Dusting and other dusting. If patient needs anything most Welcome to get it.Then at the end of the Day go collect trash again. Then if there are Dismissal cleans do them to in order to get ready for next patient that most of the time comes in as you are finishing up the room.

Management we have a hard time getting them to address matters that needed to be addressed. There were trouble makers that was just not being put a stop to and was allowed to let them keep going. but for the most part did Like Management . They did most of the time notice when you do a good job. And give Certificate for such things .I have received a Cares Certificate for saving a life .

My co-workers most of them were willing to help if it was needed. I do enjoy joking and having fun with them we did get a long minus all the chatter.

The Hardest part of my Job was when i already was busy will everything else i needed to do . They High percentage of Dismissal Cleans that needed to come through ,that was the hardest of all.

The funnest part of my Job was the Patients talking with Them Joking and and listening to some of there stories that was the Highlight of my Day.
great work
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 15, 2014
Pros: love helping others.
Cons: hours to receive
I enjoy my time as a nurse. I I do like the my co-workers and those who I work for.
was great company to work for when team members are involved
Patient account representative/customer service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2014
Pros: worked with great team members and we worked together
Cons: benefits
loved to work with patients to resolve issues,very rewarding
This was a fast pass environment.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2014
I love the diversity of working in a hospital environment and the ever changing challenges that come with every patient.
Easy to pick up extra call hours, if desired.
Procedure Center RN (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 17, 2014
Learned about many different personalities and managerial styles.
Very pleasant plate to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Omaha, NebraskaMay 22, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Currently work at home and have learning to stay in the loop while working at home,
Team Oriented
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Mercy - Council Bluffs :LocationMay 7, 2014
Team Oriented employer with a great group of co workers. Compassion, Focused, and Educational.
Alegent Health has been a good employer.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2014
Pros: was able to work from home.
Cons: no real cons.
Was able to work from home, with flexibility in working parttime hours. Learned to produce quality typed reports free of typographical and grammar errors. Management provided excellent support to assist in completing job duties. Contact with coworkers was through phone and online connection. Coworkers were excellent and provided assistance if needed. Hardest part of the job was understanding certain dictators given their manner of speaking. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home and the job flexibility
Alegent
Clinical IT Help Desk Specialist Liaison (Former Employee), NebraskaFebruary 27, 2014
Employed in Alegent Healthcare as an RN and in the Information Technology Department supporting Siemens Soarian implementation. Used Soarian Clinicals in documentation in direct patient care.
Touching peoples' lives in health and wellness
Receptionist for Mental Health (Former Employee), Corning, IAFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: wonderful people to work with!
Cons: seeing sickness and mental illness
People would come in for mental health appointments. It was a pleasure to serve them. I scheduled the doctor and therapists' appointments and submitted each visit to insurance, if applicable.
I was happy to greet them with a smile and warm "hello".
The fellow employees were committed and passionate about the patients they served.
The hardest part of the job was people who were sick and unhappy but the best part was seeing so many feel better after the care they received while in our clinic.
N/A
Catering associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2014
I loved the people that I worked with. I did not however like how it was ran. There are so many levels to get through to get anything accomplished. That is what I didn't like and what stressed me out the most. We had very little time to get all of our duties done and they had no problem adding to our list of things to do.
great place to work
EMR abstrator (Current Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2013
abstracting medical information into the new computer system.
Strong health care environment
Staff RN for Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Units (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 27, 2013
Pros: teamwork, strong management, positive persons
Cons: unrealistic limits, insurance and benefit changes
Day begins by receiving my assigned patients. Retrieve information pertaining to my patients. Assessments are implemented, medications and treatments administered, Charting upon completion of tasks and assessments. Care rounds and discussion of plan of care with the social worker, care manager, dietician, therapy, pastoral care. I have learned time management and communication skills. Management is strong concerning maintaining the medical unit. Coworkers provide a teamwork attitude to provide quality care. Hardest part of my job is the changes with health care and coverage for my patients. The most enjoyable part of my career is relating with my patients and reaching goals in place for the health and wellness.
Changes on the Horizon
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2013
Pros: patient interaction, insurance familiarity
Cons: not enough opportunity
A typical day in this position consisted mostly of registering patients. I was the only registrar at the time cross-trained in all four "departments" (emergency, diagnostic, surgery, ambulatory surgical center). We captured insurance and demographic information from patients checking in for a variety of reasons.

Also, our registrars were trained in pre- registering and pre-certification for patients who held specific policies.

My manager was wonderful. She was dedicated to the job, and focused on our continuing education and growth.
not a good place to work as a rank and file member
Staff RN (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 30, 2013
Pros: they have a psychiatric emergency room.
Cons: management staff are not honest.
Hostile and untrustworthy management. Some supervisors are unfair,intimidating and unprofessional. I did enjoy working with the staff and patients
Very nice environment of job
Building Service Associate (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: low wages
Checking chemical levels for 4 pools (Ph, chlorine, alkalinity, combined chlorine, temperature)
Check filters, main and auxiliary equipments for pools (pumps, ozone system, auto fill, heaters, timers, chemical controllers, etc)
Perform preventive-corrective maintenance of fitness equipments (cardio, weight, pilates, etc)
Building maintenance (electrical, plumbing, hvac, etc)
I have learned about pools regulations, fitness equipment, work orders, purchase orders, among others administrative tasks.
CSR/ Central Billing Office
Customer Service Rep. / Central Billing Office (Former Employee), Omaha,NebraskaAugust 7, 2013
Pros: loving what you do!
Cons: downsizing & restructuring
Medical Billing & correcting claims, interacting with patient & insurance companies. Great co -workers. Getting annoyed with people who don't follow through and do their jobs. The great part is helping people who depend on you to take care of them.
able to work at home was a great benefit with small kids and now with mom living with us.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 30, 2013
Pros: working at home, flexible hours.
Cons: medical transcription is in the process of going electronic and eliminating our jobs
I usually start work at 3:30 am and work until noon Monday thru Friday. I am still learning every day with this most interesting job. This position has not only been the most challenging position but the most interesting position. I have learned so much about the medical profession. Our management was very helpful with all of our questions and needs. Since I worked at home I had limited access to most of the other transcriptionists, but we did have opportunities to Our job is very challenging since we are typing what the doctors are saying and sometimes it is not clear and many medical terms are pronounced differently by the doctors. I have loved learning about Alegent and how we take care of our patients and help to keep our community healthy. .
enjoy working there
CNA/CMA (Current Employee), Omaha NebraskaJune 20, 2013
Pros: we recieve free lunch card all the time
Cons: don't see any
Team work and friendly work environment.Communication and high quality of care.
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEMay 21, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no healthcare
Not always a lot of business during a day but they treated staff very well

About Alegent Health

Alegent Creighton Health (formerly Alegent Health) pledges allegiance to medical wellbeing in its corner of the Midwest. The not-for-profit – Read more