Alegent Health Employee Reviews

This company no longer exists
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2017
This company no longer exist. You had to manage your time, as it was a quick pace environment. You also had to learn very quickly how th do the different positions.
Patient Care
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 28, 2017
Day-to-day at Alegent included prepping all patients with tools and training for any patient whom had physical therapy scheduled. I would then join the therapists as they worked with the most complicated patients.
People are great and my direct manager is good
Fitness Specialist/Group Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 24, 2017
I worked in the Wellness Center, but they are owned and managed by a hospital. Upper management do not know how to manage gyms or Wellness Centers. We are not important enough for them to care about financially. As a result the Wellness Center is slowly declining. Membership is declining and good employees leave for better jobs. They need someone to come in from upper managment to care enough to build back memberships and update things so they can compete with their compitition.
Pros
The People
Cons
Upper managment
Rewarding work environment.
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 13, 2016
Positive, rewarding culture in the healthcare industry with many opportunities to advance your career. Outstanding staff and excellent facilities.
Lots of opportunity for advancement
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2016
Lots of opportunity for advancement and chance to learn a variety of areas. Learn on the job while I attended school. Learned many different varities of job functions.
Awesome job. I sat and did data entry all day.
Medical Reception Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2016
this is a very good job for people who no longer want to work in call centers anymore.You work independantly and do not have back to back calls.
Medical Records Clerk
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 30, 2015
My experience in this position was unique. I am a quick learner and the job itself was monotonous and mundane. Not the type of work I would suggest for anyone who needs to be stimulated. However, the employees were courteous and enjoyable.
Pros
self regulated
Cons
boring
Immanuel Hospital- ER
RN in the ER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaOctober 13, 2015
I love the people who I have worked with over the near 18 yrs at IMC in all departments. Our ancillary staff is wonderful as are the RN's on the floors I give report to.
My position as an Emergency RN is very fast paced, varied in the types of patients and a wide demographic of cultures. My hospital has 5 different psychiatric units and over the past few years it seems that psych has taken over our department. This has changed the ER that I have known all of my 30 yr career.
I have made the heart wrenching decision that I would like to take the years of experience and my critical thinking and skill set and put them to use in a different way.
I am looking for a position that does not involve direct patient care. Perhaps a chart review to include billing, or utilization review, patient satisfaction, medical errors etc. I am not even sure what positions are available but it is a desk job I am seeking.
CHI now owns all Alegent hospitals . They have wonderful insurance and prescription drug benefits but that is the only positive I have for them. So this also affects my seeking a new opportunity in nursing.
Pros
Variety of patients, never boring, wonderful team to work with, great management staff
Cons
NEVER get a break or lunch in 12-13 hours shift, I will miss working with long time friends
Productive and Enjoyable Place to Work
Medical Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 24, 2015
It was a pleasure to work for this facility. It was a pleasure and honor working with all departments and medical staff. My typical day involved coding, working with physicians and QA/UR and all other department heads to assist in quality care for all our patients and heir families.
Hard and Busy
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 15, 2015
My job is hard and very busy . I come in first thing is to see if there was anything that we needed to know about, Then we get mops and rags, and cleaning supplies ,paper towels and toilet paper. Then we go to our assigned areas,set up carts. My area was Rehab. So then get my solutions in buckets to clean, take and put my cart be the desk. Get trash can and pull all the trash in Rehab. Then try and if the patient was up or there was no Dr . or nursing and Rehab Staff in Rooms so i can get in the Rooms to clean. Then clean Staff Lounge, Rest Rooms ,Conference area , waiting area , Dining area,do high Dusting and other dusting. If patient needs anything most Welcome to get it.Then at the end of the Day go collect trash again. Then if there are Dismissal cleans do them to in order to get ready for next patient that most of the time comes in as you are finishing up the room.

Management we have a hard time getting them to address matters that needed to be addressed. There were trouble makers that was just not being put a stop to and was allowed to let them keep going. but for the most part did Like Management . They did most of the time notice when you do a good job. And give Certificate for such things .I have received a Cares Certificate for saving a life .

My co-workers most of them were willing to help if it was needed. I do enjoy joking and having fun with them we did get a long minus all the chatter.

The Hardest part of my Job was when i already was busy will everything else i needed to do . They High percentage of Dismissal Cleans that needed to come through ,that
  more... was the hardest of all.

The funnest part of my Job was the Patients talking with Them Joking and and listening to some of there stories that was the Highlight of my Day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free food that the Doctors and would send down after there meetings, Managment once in a while would would bring in Donuts, Fresh Fruit, also take us out for lunch atleast once a year.
Cons
Short Breaks, not having supplies on hand when you need it.
great work
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2014
I enjoy my time as a nurse. I I do like the my co-workers and those who I work for.
Pros
Love helping others.
Cons
hours to receive
was great company to work for when team members are involved
Patient account representative/customer service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2014
loved to work with patients to resolve issues,very rewarding
Pros
worked with great team members and we worked together
benefits
This was a fast pass environment.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2014
I love the diversity of working in a hospital environment and the ever changing challenges that come with every patient.
Easy to pick up extra call hours, if desired.
Procedure Center RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 17, 2014
Learned about many different personalities and managerial styles.
Very pleasant plate to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NebraskaMay 22, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Currently work at home and have learning to stay in the loop while working at home,
Team Oriented
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mercy - Council Bluffs :LocationMay 7, 2014
Team Oriented employer with a great group of co workers. Compassion, Focused, and Educational.
Alegent Health has been a good employer.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2014
Was able to work from home, with flexibility in working parttime hours. Learned to produce quality typed reports free of typographical and grammar errors. Management provided excellent support to assist in completing job duties. Contact with coworkers was through phone and online connection. Coworkers were excellent and provided assistance if needed. Hardest part of the job was understanding certain dictators given their manner of speaking. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home and the job flexibility
Pros
Was able to work from home.
Cons
No real cons.
Alegent
Clinical IT Help Desk Specialist Liaison (Former Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 27, 2014
Employed in Alegent Healthcare as an RN and in the Information Technology Department supporting Siemens Soarian implementation. Used Soarian Clinicals in documentation in direct patient care.
Touching peoples' lives in health and wellness
Receptionist for Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Corning, IAFebruary 16, 2014
People would come in for mental health appointments. It was a pleasure to serve them. I scheduled the doctor and therapists' appointments and submitted each visit to insurance, if applicable.
I was happy to greet them with a smile and warm "hello".
The fellow employees were committed and passionate about the patients they served.
The hardest part of the job was people who were sick and unhappy but the best part was seeing so many feel better after the care they received while in our clinic.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with!
Cons
Seeing sickness and mental illness
N/a
Catering associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 12, 2014
I loved the people that I worked with. I did not however like how it was ran. There are so many levels to get through to get anything accomplished. That is what I didn't like and what stressed me out the most. We had very little time to get all of our duties done and they had no problem adding to our list of things to do.