Alere, Inc

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the
Strong culture, passionate employees
Marketing (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 4, 2014
Dynamic organization, friendly, highly talented. Many changes have taken place due to reorganizations and rightsizing, which has impacted staffing and overall morale. But despite these challenges, the staff continues to step up to the plate and deliver to their internal and external customers.
On going new learning curve
Network Engineer III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: working remote
Cons: job stability
Alere presents a new challenges each time we acquires a new company. Implementing standards is what we work hard on maintaining thought out the company. I love working with other departments on troubleshooting and resolving issues related to network connectivity.
Fast-paced place with lopsided benefits
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: pay
A great place to work at for 1 year or 2 and then take your experience and get out.
Everything changes constantly and the communication is so poor half time most people have no idea what's going on. By the time word spreads around that priority is on item B, it's switched to C and the process starts all over again.

The rate of temp-to-hire conversion – more... is terrible and the pay is on the low end for the industry. The only upside seems to be the subsidized cafeteria (about $5 for a wide variety of food), the heavily subsidized coffee cart ($1/drink, even the type with 4 shots of espresso), and the Friday beer keg. – less
n/a
Device Support Specialist (Current Employee), atlantaApril 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
A great job. My coworkers are awesome! You have to have patience as you have to help the edlerly set up devices.
Stable company with a lot of potential
Supplier Process Engineer (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEJanuary 10, 2014
This company is ever changing and constantly growing. It is a dynamic organization with opportunities for job expansion.
Excellent pay and opportunity to advance; poor management
Clinical Client Operations Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2013
Pros: working from home; helping to improve quality of life with chronic illnesses
Cons: poor management of the business from upper management
A typical day would vary with this position, but analyzing reports was always part of the day. I often listened to clinical calls and reviewed patient records (charts) to evaluate and provide feedback to the clinical staff. I created and maintained all clinical and non-clinical processes and trained the nurses and non-clinical staff on the content and – more... the program. I worked with various departments (IT, Operations, Clinical, Enrollment, Reporting, Client Management, etc.) to run a major health plan account.

I learned how to train and create training documents. The client I supported was a large health plan, so I learned about claims and about how a health plan operated versus a large corporation.

Management was a revolving door and largely hands off for the last 5 years (since my original company was bought out). Communication was poor, and many clients were lost after the buy out.

There was nobody else in a role like mine, but I worked very closely with the account manager and clinical management. The team was very driven to provide excellent service to the health plan the their members that we serviced.

The hardest part of the job was the problem with management and working with some difficult personalities.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the positive results with the health plan members. We provided telephonic disease management for members with CHF, COPD, Diabetes, CAD, Back Pain, RMD, Osteo and Rheumatoid arthritis, Migraines and Tension headache, depression, as well as wellness coaching. – less
Good Company
Development Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 10, 2013
Challenging work, amiable and knowledgeable coworkers, great environment.
Lots of Change!
Account Executive - South Carolina Territory (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 3, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: insurance
Team Concept within each division. A lot of turn over due to FDA recall.Award producers.
N/A
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 22, 2013
Fast-paced most days. Learned how to interact with customers from the lab, pathologists, rheumatologist and hospital directors. Made many connections.
Fast paced culture with no merging
Learning Partner (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: flexible, fast-paced, always changing
Cons: not cohesive, low morale, senior mgmt is not transparent
The company offers a lot of challenge and sometimes opportunities as things are always changing and growing within the M&A culture. The management still works in a "entrepreneurial" fashion even though the organization is over 14000 people. This leads to silos and much repetition in the organization, and no consolidation of resources or centralization – more... of practices. – less