Alere Health Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with my team there.
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2016
Normal day to day warehousing and inventory duties. Enjoyed the management staff and team members. Learned a lot about FDA requirements. Most enjoyable part was my team.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of opportunity of advancement.
Productive work place.
Licensed Practical Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
Typical responsibility is to identify,screen,track and coordinate the care of patients with multiples co-morbidilites.and plan a case management plan of care. All calls are telephonic.

I have learned to use TRAX and Apollo computer programs proficiently,and experience with Microsoft applications

Management would listen to your questions.

Great relationship with co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was to realize the company is more about metrics than patient care.

The team work.
Pros
Making out one's own six week working schedule
Cons
Always wanting us to make more calls daily
Good people but need more alignment
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
Alere Health has Excellent Benefits. Most of decision making is done from the Corporate office which can limit the branch operations.
Great people to work with
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2013
Alere is a good company to work for. They pay well with good benefits. I really enjoy the people I work with. They really make the job for me.

It is enjoable to have members that you work with that really want to make healthy lifestyle chanages, but the majority of members are in the programs to reach their incentive only.

The hardest part about the job is managing high caseload numbers and balancing between email and phone calls. There are constant changes going on with management and rules changing with workload so it can be challenging to keep up with.

A typical day at work is sitting for 8 hours typing emails, making phone call to member and taking inbound calls from members.
Pros
The pay is great.
Cons
The cons are the inconsistencies that come from management and the unmanagebale caseload numbers.
Pleasant work place; very friendly atmosphere including Managers and Supervisors.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 19, 2014
I enjoyed every single day I worked at Alere Health, Inc. Seminars and trainings are provided to all the employees for better work output. Management Level and co-workers are friendly and helpful. You can always seek advice and assistance whenever you encounter problems doing the job. Management maintains a good working relations with everybody.
Pros
Free coffee or tea; free use of microwave oven, toaster and refrigerator.
Cons
Medical Insurance; 401K; Vacation Leave; Paid Holidays; Overtime
decent company that allows for work/life balance
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2014
Overall, its a great company as it allows for employees to work from home. Benefits are okay but it does offer employer matching 401K.
Pros
work from home to allow for work/life balance
Cons
tight deadlines and unclear direction on quick turnaround projects.
Typical corporate office setting
Care Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 27, 2014
7 1/2 hours in front of the computer. A few warriors in management that fight for junior level employees
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not much corporate culture
Work-Life balance struggle
Health and Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Management was hard to communicate with on all levels. There was no work-life balance but good benefits.
Typical day in the life
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
I'm juggling numerous calls and tasks each day while making sales calls in my territory. My territory covers a vast area and I'm in my car all day I work closely with obgyns, perinatologists, ob case managers from CMO's, triage nurses, hospital utilization managers, labor and delivery managers. My goal is to drive referrals from physicians to our system of care. Physicians call me when they need information about a patient on care or when they need my help getting them on our service. This job has a lot of moving parts which is why I love the job. I have a full day every day. Never a dull moment with constant change. FAST pace and I feel valued by my physicians. I work independently and my manager counts on me to perform at a high level every month. I work with an amazing group of colleagues who I respect and admire a great deal.
Pros
flexible, fast pace, constant change, rewarding, challenging
Cons
negative messaging in media impacts our business
Great professional development opportunities
DIRECTOR, SALES AND CLIENT SERVICES TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
- Supportive management
- Active succession planning
- Great place to work

Since the merger with Optum/UHG there is a heightened awareness of development support in the form of instructor-led and self-paced training resources.
Enrollment Specialist
Enrollment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2015
The job is outbounf and you have quotas to meet but there is no incentives for meeting quotas. Don't care for management because they are not professional in terms of the policy. The management team makes determinations based on their own personal feelings or relationship regarding employees.
work/life balance not priority
Complex Care Manager - Health Net Team  (Former Employee) –  Remote - work at home.July 22, 2013
Complex case managers are expected to travel or open new cases 2 days per week and stay in the office 3 days per week. All telephone calls are recorded so you can't work remotely while traveling those two days. You have to make phone calls from your desk top computer. No laptops provided. Work piles up and you have to fit 40 hours of desk work in those three days of office time. This doesn't work for those that have families that need you in the evenings. For those in Southern CA, you're territory is Santa Barbara to the Mexican border in San Diego County. You end up hating travel days because you know that desk work is piling up. Caseloads were very acute and the numbers in the high 30's. Patients were only complex ones and needed lots of psych-social support and education.

My immediate supervisor was great. But the work/life balance didn't exist. Otherwise, a great company to work for.

I did learn how to be a great educator over the phone and to "read" patient's through their voices rather than visually. I also learned how to be more efficient with my time management skills.
Great company to work for
Workforce Management Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2015
Management supports staff. Positive work enviroment. My day involved preparing outbound dialer file for enrollment specialists. Support of call center agents. Supervising Workforce Management and prepare schedules to ensure client SLA's are met.
Accountant II
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of morning meetings. Then from there I would contact our office in the UK and see what they might need help with. I really enjoyed networking with the different managers and able to problem solve according to each situation.

The hardest part would be getting all the managers together for a conference call at once as the UK and Ireland were in a different time zone than the US.
Pros
We had a ping pong table that would be used in the later part of the day to get our mind off things
Cons
There were long hours, but it was very manageable.
Productive, fast pace enviroment with good management staff
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  AtlantaMay 2, 2015
Typical day at work would be categorized as fast pace with constant change I learned to adjust from day to day concerning operational changes in customer focused areas concerning production. Management staff I find are very supportive in getting needs met regarding time management changes for deadlines Co-workers are pleasant and professional . The hardest part of the job would be typical system challenges that may occur the most enjoyable part of the job is the customer client base that we service
Standard Work base environment Focus on production and proformance
Senior Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleApril 24, 2015
The day start off with email assignment to a particular campaign or job / work basket to work out of , face pace environment base of Sales and numbers

learned to work in teams an in a growing fast pace sales/medical field
trained in health coaching and disease management conditions programs

mangement is focus mainly on numbers and sales.

Communication break down between different teams and managers

Flexable Work hours and schedule.
Slow long days in a empty office
Health Care Enrollment Specialist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TXNovember 20, 2013
*most enjoyable part of the job: the targeted participants themselves, you get to share their excitement and joy about their pregnancy

*Supervisor remote in another state, so if you need help or have a question good luck getting a hold of him/her

*i have two other co-workers. People do not last more than a month here
*a typical work day; recieve an email from workforce telling you what job campaigns your in that day and start making sales

*hardest part of the job;making sales quota when we have no participants to enroll due to losing big clients like UHC,Cigna and others. Also, making women cry because your calling about a maternity program, not knowing they recently had a miscarriage (your co-workers in ATL & PHX do not close out participants files because they did not want to lower their Average Acceptance Rates
Cons
hours, management, always down sizing
Enter at your own risk
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJApril 7, 2013
Company with poor integrity, very poor communication, treats employees like they are robots and they own you and your free time, no consideration for the individual. Work load/Case Load too excessive,managers make unreasonable demands and are poorly informed. No way to get the job done in 40hrs/wk,much additional time needed on weekends to complete the weekly expectations (no overtime pay for this). Very top heavy with management, little regard for the front line case manager. Very demanding and stressful job, a company you can't trust, would not recommend it.
Pros
co workers were great and very supportive
Cons
many cons, see below
Alere Health
Telephonic Maternity Case Manager (Former Employee) –  floridaDecember 27, 2013
Spent day interacting with high risk pregnant women referred for case management due to high risk triggers. Enrolled them into case management program. Completed assessment, established goals, education, referrals.
Goal driven not quality driven. No flexibility in schedule. Co worker were wonderful caring nurses. Hardest part of job was having to meet a goal quota for enrolments as opposed to being evaluated on the quality of care you provided. Most enjoyable part was talking with the patients.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not flexible, goal driven, no caring about employee
Please research this company before you accept job.
PSA (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioOctober 19, 2013
This company is the worst I've ever worked for. They presented the PSA position as though it was part-time, but the truth was that it was prn but they expected you to work a consistent schedule. Then, less than six weeks after hiring me, they announced that the Cokumbus location was closing. The upper management never spoke to me when they were in the office (maybe they were embarrassed because of their unethical behavior.) Bottom line is Alere Health takes advantage of their employees. Any positive reviews I believe are not real.

2.9