Alere Health United States Employee Reviews

Great Company
Senior Tobacco Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 1, 2015
Pros: Very flexible
Cons: No job security
This was a great company to work for. However they were recently acquired by another company and the job security has diminished significantly.
Love the interaction with patients but did not enjoy working from home.
Personal Health Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: no travel to and from work
Cons: lack of in person interaction.
Telephone interviewing utilizing assessment and collecting data. Focused on Diabetes, CHF, CAD, COPD and Asthma.
Typical corporate office setting
Care Operations Administrator (Current Employee), AtlantaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much corporate culture
7 1/2 hours in front of the computer. A few warriors in management that fight for junior level employees
Work-Life balance struggle
Health and Wellness Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Management was hard to communicate with on all levels. There was no work-life balance but good benefits.
Supportive management
Clinical Assessment Nurse (Current Employee), telecommutingJune 10, 2014
Alere is a company that prides itself in bettering health of it's patients while supporting staff to be the best nurses they can be.
Great company to work for....
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2014
Working for this Company allows me to be part of a great team who is making a difference in peoples lives. Healthcare that is taken to the people, not the people to the healthcare. Nurses going into the homes of patients and providing the needed services at the patients conviences, not waiting hours in an office or an ER to be seen.
decent company that allows for work/life balance
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: work from home to allow for work/life balance
Cons: tight deadlines and unclear direction on quick turnaround projects.
Overall, its a great company as it allows for employees to work from home. Benefits are okay but it does offer employer matching 401K.
Pleasant work place; very friendly atmosphere including Managers and Supervisors.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 19, 2014
Pros: free coffee or tea; free use of microwave oven, toaster and refrigerator.
Cons: medical insurance; 401k; vacation leave; paid holidays; overtime
I enjoyed every single day I worked at Alere Health, Inc. Seminars and trainings are provided to all the employees for better work output. Management Level and co-workers are friendly and helpful. You can always seek advice and assistance whenever you encounter problems doing the job. Management maintains a good working relations with everybody.
Overall Good Place
Enrollment Specialist I (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: needs to drive customer service and not sales
My coworkers are great and very knowledgeable. This is a very interesting job and is a customer service person's ideal job. However it was changed to a sales position without the sales bonuses or commissions and became challenging for those who were not interested in sales.
Productive and interesting company.
Health Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2014
I was very satisfied with the step by step explanation when a new project was being intruduced to the employees.
Telephonic Maternity Case Manager (Former Employee), floridaDecember 27, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: not flexible, goal driven, no caring about employee
Spent day interacting with high risk pregnant women referred for case management due to high risk triggers. Enrolled them into case management program. Completed assessment, established goals, education, referrals.
Goal driven not quality driven. No flexibility in schedule. Co worker were wonderful caring nurses. Hardest part of job was having to meet a goal quota for enrolments as opposed to being evaluated on the quality of care you provided. Most enjoyable part was talking with the patients.
Slow long days in a empty office
Health Care Enrollment Specialist/Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas,TXNovember 20, 2013
Cons: hours, management, always down sizing
*most enjoyable part of the job: the targeted participants themselves, you get to share their excitement and joy about their pregnancy

*Supervisor remote in another state, so if you need help or have a question good luck getting a hold of him/her

*i have two other co-workers. People do not last more than a month here
*a typical work day; recieve an email from workforce telling you what job campaigns your in that day and start making sales

*hardest part of the job;making sales quota when we have no participants to enroll due to losing big clients like UHC,Cigna and others. Also, making women cry because your calling about a maternity program, not knowing they recently had a miscarriage (your co-workers in ATL & PHX do not close out participants files because they did not want to lower their Average Acceptance Rates
Alere Health
Distribution Coordinator/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Marietta GANovember 17, 2013
Alere Health has been a wonderful experience and has taught me a wide range of skills.
Allowed automony within guidelines in the management of clients. Worked out of my home
Client Manager II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2013
Alere has some great wellness and health programs for employer groups and health plans. I enjoyed the camaraderie of my peers even though all interaction was via computer and telephone. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting my clients and helping them strategize to help their employees become healthier individuals.
Please research this company before you accept job.
PSA (Former Employee), Columbus ohioOctober 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company is the worst I've ever worked for. They presented the PSA position as though it was part-time, but the truth was that it was prn but they expected you to work a consistent schedule. Then, less than six weeks after hiring me, they announced that the Cokumbus location was closing. The upper management never spoke to me when they were in the office (maybe they were embarrassed because of their unethical behavior.) Bottom line is Alere Health takes advantage of their employees. Any positive reviews I believe are not real.
work/life balance not priority
Complex Care Manager - Health Net Team (Former Employee), Remote - work at home.July 22, 2013
Complex case managers are expected to travel or open new cases 2 days per week and stay in the office 3 days per week. All telephone calls are recorded so you can't work remotely while traveling those two days. You have to make phone calls from your desk top computer. No laptops provided. Work piles up and you have to fit 40 hours of desk work in those three days of office time. This doesn't work for those that have families that need you in the evenings. For those in Southern CA, you're territory is Santa Barbara to the Mexican border in San Diego County. You end up hating travel days because you know that desk work is piling up. Caseloads were very acute and the numbers in the high 30's. Patients were only complex ones and needed lots of psych-social support and education.

My immediate supervisor was great. But the work/life balance didn't exist. Otherwise, a great company to work for.

I did learn how to be a great educator over the phone and to "read" patient's through their voices rather than visually. I also learned how to be more efficient with my time management skills.
I enjoyed working at Alere Health
Enrollment Specialist/ Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILJune 14, 2013
By enrolling employees in health improvement programs we were definitely doing work that benefited them and society at large
Great people to work with
Health Coach (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2013
Pros: the pay is great.
Cons: the cons are the inconsistencies that come from management and the unmanagebale caseload numbers.
Alere is a good company to work for. They pay well with good benefits. I really enjoy the people I work with. They really make the job for me.

It is enjoable to have members that you work with that really want to make healthy lifestyle chanages, but the majority of members are in the programs to reach their incentive only.

The hardest part about the job is managing high caseload numbers and balancing between email and phone calls. There are constant changes going on with management and rules changing with workload so it can be challenging to keep up with.

A typical day at work is sitting for 8 hours typing emails, making phone call to member and taking inbound calls from members.
Many Layoffs
PATIENT SERVICES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: layoffs
Their was quite a bit of fleibility but during the five months that i was there, I saw quite a bit of layoffs.
fun experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2013
Enjoyed learning about insurance an working with a great team