Alere Health Employee Reviews

Great Place to Learn and Grow
Device Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 6, 2017
I was only with Alere for 13 months, but overall it was a great experience. I had a phenomenal manager who cared about the employees as much as she did the production aspect of the job. You can learn a lot and grow at Alere if you are willing to put in the work and time it takes to succeed.
Pros
Decent Working Hours, Good Management, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
None to speak of
Fun workplace but alot of time leaving voice messages
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 26, 2016
Outbound calling, so a lot of the day is leaving voice mail messages. Excellent management staff, and a strong sense of job security. Setup in teams, so there was more of a one on one relationship with the supervisor.
Account Exec
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 23, 2016
Alere used to have a Women & Children's division that provided home care services to women with pregnancy complications. They have since sold that division.
Enjoyed working with my team there.
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2016
Normal day to day warehousing and inventory duties. Enjoyed the management staff and team members. Learned a lot about FDA requirements. Most enjoyable part was my team.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Lack of opportunity of advancement.
Productive work place.
Licensed Practical Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
Typical responsibility is to identify,screen,track and coordinate the care of patients with multiples co-morbidilites.and plan a case management plan of care. All calls are telephonic.

I have learned to use TRAX and Apollo computer programs proficiently,and experience with Microsoft applications

Management would listen to your questions.

Great relationship with co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was to realize the company is more about metrics than patient care.

The team work.
Pros
Making out one's own six week working schedule
Cons
Always wanting us to make more calls daily
Good people but need more alignment
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
Alere Health has Excellent Benefits. Most of decision making is done from the Corporate office which can limit the branch operations.
Great professional development opportunities
DIRECTOR, SALES AND CLIENT SERVICES TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
- Supportive management
- Active succession planning
- Great place to work

Since the merger with Optum/UHG there is a heightened awareness of development support in the form of instructor-led and self-paced training resources.
Great company to work for
Workforce Management Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2015
Management supports staff. Positive work enviroment. My day involved preparing outbound dialer file for enrollment specialists. Support of call center agents. Supervising Workforce Management and prepare schedules to ensure client SLA's are met.
Enrollment Specialist
Enrollment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2015
The job is outbounf and you have quotas to meet but there is no incentives for meeting quotas. Don't care for management because they are not professional in terms of the policy. The management team makes determinations based on their own personal feelings or relationship regarding employees.
Typical day in the life
Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
I'm juggling numerous calls and tasks each day while making sales calls in my territory. My territory covers a vast area and I'm in my car all day I work closely with obgyns, perinatologists, ob case managers from CMO's, triage nurses, hospital utilization managers, labor and delivery managers. My goal is to drive referrals from physicians to our system of care. Physicians call me when they need information about a patient on care or when they need my help getting them on our service. This job has a lot of moving parts which is why I love the job. I have a full day every day. Never a dull moment with constant change. FAST pace and I feel valued by my physicians. I work independently and my manager counts on me to perform at a high level every month. I work with an amazing group of colleagues who I respect and admire a great deal.
Pros
flexible, fast pace, constant change, rewarding, challenging
Cons
negative messaging in media impacts our business
Dedicated professionals
Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
This job has taught me the importance of clearly identifying needs and goals both within and between departments when organizations merge. Working with my team and getting to know others through the company's Toastmasters club has been the best part of my job.
Laid back office and supportive management team
Quit Coach I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 27, 2015
This job provides a lot of flexibility to work from home. The Quit Coach supervisors are very supportive and help their employees to advance within the company.
Productive, fast pace enviroment with good management staff
Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  AtlantaMay 2, 2015
Typical day at work would be categorized as fast pace with constant change I learned to adjust from day to day concerning operational changes in customer focused areas concerning production. Management staff I find are very supportive in getting needs met regarding time management changes for deadlines Co-workers are pleasant and professional . The hardest part of the job would be typical system challenges that may occur the most enjoyable part of the job is the customer client base that we service
Standard Work base environment Focus on production and proformance
Senior Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleApril 24, 2015
The day start off with email assignment to a particular campaign or job / work basket to work out of , face pace environment base of Sales and numbers

learned to work in teams an in a growing fast pace sales/medical field
trained in health coaching and disease management conditions programs

mangement is focus mainly on numbers and sales.

Communication break down between different teams and managers

Flexable Work hours and schedule.
Accountant II
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of morning meetings. Then from there I would contact our office in the UK and see what they might need help with. I really enjoyed networking with the different managers and able to problem solve according to each situation.

The hardest part would be getting all the managers together for a conference call at once as the UK and Ireland were in a different time zone than the US.
Pros
We had a ping pong table that would be used in the later part of the day to get our mind off things
Cons
There were long hours, but it was very manageable.
Great Company
Senior Tobacco Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 1, 2015
This was a great company to work for. However they were recently acquired by another company and the job security has diminished significantly.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
No job security
Love the interaction with patients but did not enjoy working from home.
Personal Health Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2015
Telephone interviewing utilizing assessment and collecting data. Focused on Diabetes, CHF, CAD, COPD and Asthma.
Pros
No travel to and from work
Cons
Lack of in person interaction.
Typical corporate office setting
Care Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 27, 2014
7 1/2 hours in front of the computer. A few warriors in management that fight for junior level employees
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not much corporate culture
Work-Life balance struggle
Health and Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Management was hard to communicate with on all levels. There was no work-life balance but good benefits.
Supportive management
Clinical Assessment Nurse (Current Employee) –  telecommutingJune 10, 2014
Alere is a company that prides itself in bettering health of it's patients while supporting staff to be the best nurses they can be.