Alere Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
5 years with company, promoted to Manufacturing Lead, outstanding management group, except for the layoffs, company is a 4.5. I learned a lot about Manufacturing within Medical Company
Big fish ate the little fish
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66211May 31, 2017
Alere acquired the smaller company eScreen. eScreen had wonderful business practices that favored the employee; encouraged each employee to give their best. Alere took over and flex time stopped and micro management took over. Very oppressive environment when I left.
Pros
competitive compensation and benefits
Cons
strict adhersion to scheduled work hours, micro management, unreasonable daily quotas, insufficient training.
A good place to work beautiful enviornment and good people to work with
Enrollment Specialist, temporary Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 30, 2017
This was a temporary position for the year that I worked there is was a wonderful place It was just to bad the company had to down size and relocate because of there budget.
Pros
Always doing special thigs for there employee, gifts, lunches always felt special.
Cons
The company brought in a lot of temporay employee which make it very hard to get hired in permanet
productive enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 25, 2017
great company to work for great benifits. productive environment. a lot of overtime good pay . friendly workers with great ambition.always room for growth within the company
Pros
vacation time
Good job
RN casemanager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2017
Good learning experience. Good comany and flexible hrs. Good nursing supervisors. Great computer skills to learn. Patient teaching that is valuable for them.
Pros
Good work conditions
Great culture
Infectious Disease Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2017
Alere had a great culture despite issues with many products. Each company that was purchased by Alere had good products to start that seemed to get worse when Alere took over.
an okay job
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2017
the people are great but job security is poor .
Typical Work Day
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
My job description was meant to speak with the public clients in company with Alere and assess if they needed Case Management. There was health education involved to help the client understand their health and note if Case Management would help them further.I felt the most enjoyable part of the job was I made a difference in the care a client could get.
Pros
Great Team Support From Management
Cons
Stressful and short lunches with no breaks.
Horrible place to work.
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAFebruary 2, 2017
The Alere of Gretna, LA Accessioning department has horrible management. They are disrespectful to anyone under them and show favoritism to certain people they like. They will overwork you, underpay you, and ask you to do tasks not in your job description.
Pros
Convenient morning shift and nice co-workers
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful management, slave labor
Dysfunctional company with an unfriendly culture
Technical Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2016
Lower than average compensation, coupled by fear-driven management makes for a less than ideal workplace and culture. Great for workers who simply need a transitional job.
Company does not care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 30, 2016
Management is awful, work is miserable, no room for advancement. Business is immoral and at times unethical. Co-workers were good, but there is no time to interact, so it does not really matter. Medical notes are ignored or "lost". Pay was awful for many years, now is at best average, but very low for the work they expect and the way you are treated. If you can get another job-do it!!
Pros
Cons
bad pay for work expected, bad management, unethical
Going down the hill really fast
Designer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 15, 2016
A lot of people are leaving because the future of this company is unknown due to merging plans with another company. Staff is fairly friendly. The management is on their high horse, treats people poorly, shows no respect, extremly rude and often times very unprofessional. A lot of work is recycled from projects that were done years ago. No originally or creativity. Absolutely no room for growth.
Pros
Office culture
Cons
Poor management
Liars and fakers
Medical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 6, 2016
I can honestly say this was the worst job I have ever had. The pay was just ok, the benefits were awful, I told them what I wanted out of the company and what I did not like from my last job. They talked up the company like it was a wonderful place to work, so I left the current job I was in to go to Alere. I think after the first month, I knew I made a terrible mistake, they started changing every rule possible and on top of all this, they do not offer true sick time. They have what they call PTO, which was really just vacation. You had to give 48 hours advanced notice to miss, or you were wrote up, pathetic. Please reconsider if you are even thinking about going to this company.
very good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2016
A very nice company and friendly co-worker. An interesting task to increase your knowledge and I am a team worker, we always on time for the date of shipping.
A lot of changes in a short time
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 27, 2016
It has been a tumultuous time in my nearly three years at Alere Escreen. One takevoer by Alere followed by an upcoming takeover by Abbott Laboratories. And now a move to Kansas CIty, MO from Overland Park, KS. Lots of change.
allot work
Assembler -Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2016
always great work with Mexican and you can always have a free meal always overtime 40 and more hours if you want to learn to be a multi task person
long and hard day most of the time
Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 30, 2016
A typical day is long over 9 hours of work with lots of tasks needed to be finished at home. Paid and compensation are decent. The only good thing is the amicable work environment with very nice coworkers. Managements are ok, not that great.
Started out nice but has gone horribly downhill
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 15, 2016
I worked as a case manager for this company for 5 1/2 years. I would say I was only really happy about the first two. You can work remotely which is probably the best thing about them, that and my immediate supervisor was cool. But with all the changes this company has gone through since around 2010 or 2011, it has become all about quantity rather than quality anymore. I left because I could not take it anymore. Employees are absolutely miserable and the company does not care. They have unrealistic expectations and the pay and benefits are pathetic. If you try to discuss your dissatisfaction, they basically have a "if you don't like it you can quit" mentality. At least in California, I don't see them retaining employees very well and it's no wonder.. I would never work here again.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Pay not good, terrible benefits, management with unrealistic demands.
Graveyard Shift; Contract Employer thru agency
Quality Control Process Analyst I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2016
Not much interaction with other employers due to working 3rd shift on my own for my department. Learning new things is difficult due to my working hours and the limited availability of personnel.
Pros
Gym on site
Cons
Healthcare; hourly rate for the hours that I work
aweful place to work
Clinical Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 3, 2016
no wonder it closed. management was awful we called members to force programs on them they did not want. We then would put them back in the system to call them again cause they thought they would change their mind in 3 months
Pros
pay
Cons
the job its self is a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alere. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7