ALERIS INTERNATIONAL INC

ALERIS INTERNATIONAL INC Employer Reviews

Dynamic Place
IT Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2013
Was able to wear a lot of different hats, as an IT Manager leading transformation of legacy technologies into Microsoft technologies, writing RFPs, reviewing responses, contracts, SoWs, negotiating with and managing vendors, managing SaaS implementations, managing a QA program for Oracle EBS Implementation, managing open source intranet platform 'as is' and managing its transformation into SharePoint on-prem, managing Lotus Domino applications 'as is' and their migration into SharePoint and other technologies. There were times when I was an IT Manager, at times a Dev Manager, a Project Manager, a Vendor Manager, and a QA Manager, Change Agent, - all in one year I was there, with one official title. Exiting times.

At times, when convincing the business folks of the transformation/change, it felt like the people are stuck in a time warp, but the individuals I was dealing with, though initially resistant to change, were open and willing to listen and eventually adapt. At times, it felt like certain individuals in IT were highly political, but my boss (the CIO of the company) was excellent – one of the very few I met at that level with a human touch and genuine care towards his employees.
Rewards not forthcoming for the time didicated.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Steele, ALFebruary 21, 2013
Top loaded company looking to go public but not positioned in the market at this time.
Executive Assistant with a wide range of duties and responsibilities
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 10, 2013
Everyday was a new challenge. Dealt with managing top executive calendars, travel, logistics, and expenses. I learned how to deal with diversity and adapt to change quickly to get the job done. Management allowed me to do my job and listened to suggestions if I found a more efficient way of performing a task. I enjoy working with others and being a team player; however, I am self-sufficient as well.