ALETHEIA HOUSE Employee Reviews

Electric Atmosphere
Residential / Childcare Aide (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 1, 2015
This community-based substance abuse rehab is an exciting company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing you will be able to help make a positive impact on a consumer's life.
GREAT COMPANY MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Rural Substance Abuse Drug Treatment Counselor (Former Employee), Lawrence CountyFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good environment with good pay.
Cons: last minute meetings are called sometimes but not too often but still frustrating.
Aletheia House is a very good place to work if you want to be connected to an organization that cares about the people they are serving. It starts from the Executive Director who is a brilliant business leader but is humblle and down to earth. This is rare. The employees are very friendly and approachable which makes for a supportive and stressless environment.
Promotes and environment conducive for learning and advancement.
Intern (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2014
Pros: communion of family
Cons: negative communication
The hardest part of being an intern at Aletheia House consisted of wanting positive change for individuals who had many barriers in their lives.
A special kind of caring
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day of work includes exhibiting a special kind of caring for the clients in whatever capacity needed. Certain areas of management is better than others.
Productive and challenging work place
Accountant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 2, 2013
Pros: you get your birthday off
The most important part of my job is keeping up with the government regulations every year.
Good place to work but growth is hardly likely without a social service degree
Drug & Alcohol Counselor: now case manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2013
Pros: vast learning opportunities
Cons: health care is expensive
Without a social service degree is wouldn't be possible to grow in the agency.
Teaching low-income children to have fun and learn about health.
Teacher (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2012
A typical day would be the children having a healthy breakfast, such as apples, bananas, crackers, etc. Then we would learn about healthy ways to live, take the kids outside to play, then come in for lunch, have a relax time, learn a bit more, go outside, then wait for parents. I learned more about the campers, my co-workers, and my manager. The hardest part was the last day of the camp. The most enjoyable parts was the time I was there.
Family friendly work place.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks
I loved working with my co-workers. COlaberation is key in this facility. The clients were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was setting appropriate boundaries.
Counselor Aide (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 1, 2012
Pros: off on weekend
Cons: clients evaluating the staff.
Competing Intake, Discharges, Maintance, Giving Medication, Doing Room Checks making sure Clients complete their chores. Co- Workers was good to work with we worked as a team. Maintance. Working with my co-worker.