Alex and Ani, LLC

Sales Associate, (Current Employee), Red Bank, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Great work environment
Fun and friendly staff
Positive space and energy
Amazing company with many benefits
Flexible hours
Great product
Love the basis behind the company and the positive impact
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MD National HarborFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: short shifts, not enough pay
I've grown as a communications major in regards to providing customers with a thorough understanding of the company and granting them an unforgettable experience so that they'll return. I also gained experience not only as a sales associate, but also as a visual merchandising assistant. The hardest part of the job would be trying to remain established outside of work based on the salary. Balancing various personalities among employees within the workplace in order to create a comfortable environment can also sometimes be challenging, but is not overall a serious issue. It would be great to advance within the company knowing that you give 200%, that's something that could be improved.
I loved this company
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Foxborough, MAJanuary 7, 2015
For the person I am - which is a fun, expressive, outgoing and honest person, this place was the place for me. The only downfall was that my position was a part-time position. Being a sales associate for this company meant to much to me. I made such great connections with my co-workers, and even my clients. Great pay for a part-time retail position.
A Typical Retail Experience
Bartender (Sales Associate) (Current Employee), East Bay, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible availability, great discounts, occasional bonuses
Cons: short breaks, lack of benefits, lack of growth, not challenging, negative
Alex & Ani is a growing jewelry company. They boast positive energy, eco-consciousness and handmade product. While all of this is true about the environment, Alex & Ani also has many negative aspects.
Working will often require educating the clients on the brand and often times they are guarded against the typical retail associate and being sold on product. Day to day work is monotonous and not challenging. Product knowledge is extensive and necessary. Truly, your image as an employee will either assist or hinder your success with sales and clients.
Management is often very critical, negative, not supportive and displays hypocrisy at every turn. Alex & Ani is an environment for growth for those that are well connected, favorited by management and able to display the brand while secretly stepping on others to get to the top.
It is difficult to make personal goals and store goals as it is often dependent on the traffic and environment. Even so, benefits are on the generous side for those that are eligible.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: bonusing opportunites
Cons: product knowledge is key to selling
Alex and Ani is an amazing company. They focus on positive energy and enforce that in the workplace. You basically guide clients into purchasing jewelry based on their life/situations/gifts. Every client is different and personalized. Management was always helpful and understanding in any situation. Co-workers were fun and energetic.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work at Alex and Ani is never boring. Everyday I'm engaged with the public trying to help them find the right accessory or piece of jewelry, whether for them or if they're trying to find a gift for someone. I also make sure every customer knows about the "journey" with Alex and Ani. With the journey, we explain to them about the concept of the jewelry, we tell them that everything is made in the USA, and we tell them about the Alex and Ani philosophy.

The management and co-workers are always great. I like everyone there with whom I work with. The managers try to accommodate to our needs as best as they can. This is especially great for me, because I'm still going to college, so working with my work and school schedule is definitely a plus.

The hardest part of the job sometimes is trying to make sure the customer is happy. Sometimes you might run into a customer that is difficult/challenging, but you try the best you can to help make them happy and make sure that they enjoyed the experience with Alex and Ani.

The most enjoyable part is making a customer feel good about their purchase and sometimes opening up and telling us why they are choosing a certain bangle, whether for them or for someone else.
Dont drink the kool aid
Store Manager (Former Employee), MarylandSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: inexpensive health benefits
Cons: short breaks, lack of experienced managers, have to pay for parking
I was highly disapointded by the lack of the Supposed " positive energey" It is a popularity contest with Alex and Ani . They higher based on what you look like and what you wear not your capabilites. I was hired as a Store Manager but any entry level position I tried to hire for had to be viewed first by the Area Manager. Any applicant that did not look the part was denied the position. They will not intveriew without seeing you first. Manager positions are salary so they will work you to death but do not ever be .05 under your 40 hours or all he@# breaks loose. Alex and Ani again cares more about looks so of course most management is highly under qaulified. But they look great. The HR department is a joke. It's like a sorority. The product is so poor it is returned 10+ a day. Of course you are to keep returns under 2% impossible. All Alex and Ani locations are on paid parking streets so that seriously eats 25 % of your income. They spout how much they want to give back but its a joke. They just want those extra sales. The worst mistake I ever made was leaving a stable job for this high school of a joke company. Its a fad... Wontlast long anyways. If your a manger and dont mind 18-21 year olds dancing around all day not caring about customers and getting away with it because there cute than this is the job for you.
❸ Sales Associate/Bartender (Current Employee), Newport, RIMay 7, 2014
I learned that providing a great atmosphere will keep clients happy and they will enjoy their experience. When providing such wonderful customer service, you will start to realize that there will be returning clients. At Alex and Ani we bring our clients through a memorable journey while trying to relate to them personally.
Enjoyable work environment with a good cause
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Red Bank, NJApril 26, 2014
Pros: fun, up-and-coming company
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement
Alex and Ani is a wonderful company to work for, for the most part. It is a booming business with a good message behind the products. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between team members and management. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients find jewelry pieces that really mean something to them; they will often pour their hearts out to you and the workday can easily turn into a moving experience.
Great corporate culture and positive work environment
Manager (Former Employee), RIMarch 8, 2014
Good company culture and positive message. Upper management could use some improvements in regard to effective workplace communication. Growing company with a lot of changes.
Positive energy?
Manager (Former Employee), NYFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: too many to list
It's all smoke and mirrors. There is nothing positive about this company starting with the narcissistic CEO on down. It's all about who you know. You can expect to work long hours receiving no appreciation or acknowledgement for your efforts. Everyone here is a little too close for comfort. It's almost incestuous. Upper management turns a blind eye to the favoritism and unethical practices as long as they continue to make money. If they continue in this manner they will be out of business sooner than later. Absolutely unprofessional, micromanaged environment. The mostly twenty something corporate staff are so inexperienced it's laughable. Its an embarrassing frat house like environment. Run don't walk away from this joke of a company. This trend is on its way out and the whole company will come crashing down like a house of cards.
shift manager
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheldule, friendly atmosphere, nice area
Cons: long breaks, no benefits
a typical day at work would be greeting customers, taking orders, making sure the dine is clean, the salsa bar is in tact, the cashiers are taking orders in a timely manner and customers are getting their food on time as well. It's been great customers and co workers are friendly and easy going. the atmosphere is great. management as far as my store manager very nice guy, comprehensive and works well with your schedule. The hardest part of my job would be when i was short in staff. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
Eco-Friendly, Made-In-America Trend Jewelry
Lead Support (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: generous discount
Cons: inexperienced management, micro-management, favoritism, unprofessionalism
Functions of the position:
Operational Support
Floor Supervision
Employee Training
Inventory Management
Friendly enviornment
Employee (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 21, 2013
Work involves dealing with customers all day in a comfortable and happy work place. I have learned how to deal with many different types of people. Management has had its ups and downs but for the most part I enjoy working for my managers. I love my co-workers they are all very friendly and easy to get along with and I would consider the people I would with the most enjoyable part of my job because I think it is important to get along well with people in the work place. The company has a whole keeps expanding and I am happy to be part of that process as well.
fun and exciting new company
Support Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranston, RIFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: working for a new thriving fashion trend
- Seasonal support durning busy times ( Black friday, Christmas & new years)
- Gift wrapping, cashier, and customer service
Interning at Alex and Ani, USA is an excellent learning experience.
Hiring Department Intern (Current Employee), Cranston, RIMarch 21, 2012
Alex and Ani is a fast-paced, rapidly growing jewelry company. That in itself makes it not only enjoyable to intern at, but you are constantly learning something new!

About Alex and Ani, LLC

Alex and Ani is a company dedicated to creating products of unparalleled quality and beauty that promote consciousness and unity. – Read more

Alex and Ani, LLC Salaries