Alex and Ani, LLC Employee Reviews

Spreading positive energy and creating a wonderful experience
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 4, 2017
a typical day at work requires making meaning moments with clients and creating an everlasting impression. I learn how to become a better manager every day and also how to become a better person.
my management team is a great team that always knows how to get the job done. the workplace culture is always positive because we are solely base on spreading positive energy with all of the jewelry we sell. the hardest part of my job is just making sure everyone gets an equal experience that i would want them to have. i really enjoy the fact that i can make people smile everyday and gain a wonderful relationship with each of my clients.
Fun and spiritual retail experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2017
Retail is retail but working here is very different and spiritual. It is all about connections and meanings. A lot of information to learn, such as symbols and collection backgrounds.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Slow traffic
Horrible job security
Full-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVMarch 29, 2017
This company has zero job security! I had gotten in trouble for something that I had no part in. They even told me that I had nothing to do with the situation and still got let go because of it. And I was the only one. My store manager or assistant store manager should've stepped up and took the blame! This is a family ran franchise and you have no backing to your name here!
Great place to start in retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to start in retail if you want the experience..
The management team was not well put together but they were making big changes to the team and the store as a whole.
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 9, 2017
they were okay
good jewelry
nice customers
management strive for high expectations
good work environment
not to hard
not flexible with hours
no real way for growth
Demanding workplace with little room for growth
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 20, 2017
Alex and Ani was a very demanding job that often left me drained from overexertion. However, I was able to learn many valuable skills from my experience there, including wonderful customer service skills.
Meaningful Merchandise and Team
Sales Associate-Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 18, 2017
Not your typical jewelry store. Since the merchandise is all about meaning and positive your are forced to truly interact with clients to know what they are looking for. A regular customer visit turns into a one on one adventure and meaningful experience.
Positive Energy Company
Financial Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIDecember 30, 2016
Creative and positive vibe, good benefits. There are a variety of professionals from diverse backgrounds working for the company and I have met some very creative folks.
Pros
Discount meals
Creative
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 29, 2016
The main goal of Alex and Ani is to spread positivity to people. Creative place to work. The CEO treats all of her employees so great.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 6, 2016
Travel more then 60% of the time. Learned how to balance work load while continuously on the road, which is the hardest part of the job. Favorite part of my position is working with the customers to create their vision, while abiding by design standards.
productive place
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be having a lot of things to do. Management were really nice and cared about their employees. Co-workers were good people and got along well. The hardest part of the job was when you came in the morning and you had a big stack of things to do that weren't done the day before. The enjoyable part was when we were able to work as a group and how everyone got along.
Pros
every now and then we would have cook outs and appreciate one another
Cons
job was a little far from home
Assembly-Line Team Member
Assembly­Line Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 23, 2016
Assembly-Line Team Member

Sort, inventory and package merchandise on an assembly-line in accordance to company and regulatory standards for shipments.

•Experience working as a team member to ensure good productivity workflow and positive working environment.

•Teamwork, works well with coworkers and management

•Works well under pressure by getting the job done effectively and in a timely manner
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Healthcare
OG Team in 2nd store of PR
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 20, 2016
Started working since day one that Alex and Ani arrived to Puerto Rico. It's a fun environment where you don't really feel you're working but you're helping someone create a story a define themselves with jewelry. It is easy going, the co-workers are family and Management and HQ work with us all the time. Awesome job!
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Only Part-Time
worked there a year
Forklift Operator / Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 10, 2016
managers were very rude coworkers were great learned alot there about printing laser printing and other things the hardest part was they were very strict on timimg you picking so on your first day if you didnt pick up fast ypou got let go.
This place was fun at first but as I worked here longer too many changes and not enough help within the store or company itself.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DCJune 3, 2016
Over the past months while working for the company I have seen a lot of people come and go showing that the turnover rate is not good. In result I have come to the conclusion that this is not the type of environment that I wish to work in. When I was first brought into the company, I was not properly trained as a Key Holder and recently I have received the repercussion of it. I was constantly getting blamed for other people’s mistakes that I was not directly involved in. Being that the company is about positivity and positive energy I was never acknowledged for my achievements, never got the proper assistance from my Store Manager(s), and my work performance was never properly evaluated. There was no communication among the management team which resulted in unnecessary complications. My opinions were constantly dismissed and I feel as though I was undervalued and put down a lot while working here. I have come to the decision that I will not tolerate that type of treatment and will be respected as a person. Also, I took this position hoping to grow in a professional and personal matter however, I do not feel that that growth is no longer possible. I believe that I am more than what I’ve become and will not hinder myself from opportunities. Alex and Ani portray togetherness and being one with yourself but when you work under commotion and negativity it can start to take a toll on one’s self. As far as my co-workers the other key-holder was a wonderful help who i was hired with. My associates were wonderful! We connected and they looked up to me and respected me and loved working  more... with me and I am so happy that I could give them a wonderful work environment.  less
Pros
Associates were wonderful to work with, balanced work/home life
Cons
unorganized, constant changes in management
Lacks structure and communication
Manager (Current Employee) –  Retail StoreJune 1, 2016
Days could be mundane.
Communication and directive from HR was inconsistent and unreliable.
Constant headquarter turnover.
Enjoyed working with co-workers.
Only location in Connecticut made room for descrepencies in product warranties/guarantees; oversaturated in boutique locations.
Nothing to say
Sales Consultant/Acting Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 25, 2016
Great place to work for. One of the best jobs I have ever had. There is a lot of room to grow. Management team is one of the best I have ever worked with.
Best Job Ever
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 15, 2016
Very rewarding work. Every day was hard but fun. Long days went by quick in the busy season, but in the summer very relaxed work life.
Alex and Ani
Bartender (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 23, 2016
I loved working for Alex and Ani, the company is full of positive energy, Carolyn Rafaelian is a wonderful role model. At the Saratoga location the only complaint I would have is one of the younger managers was extremely rude and degrading but honestly if the rest of the managers are amazing as they were, it doesn't make too much of a difference. The other managers really made up for it, they were the best people I have ever worked for! Overall, the best place I have worked yet and would love to go back for an all year position!
Pros
Employee discounts, Positive environment
Fun workplace that is laid back, but not secure
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I started out with about 30 hours a week, now I am at less than 20 a week. There are already too many managers working at the store and they are still trying to hire another one. Not to mention hiring another bartender when we don't have many sales to begin with.
Our hours are being cut, while the managers have to have 40 or more hours.
The hardest part is the lack of structure, there is no set schedule, we have gotten updated schedules a few days before the week starts. We don't work the same days each week, so forget a weekly class at the gym or weekly meetings (that is, if you do not talk it out with the managers ahead of time, like a month in advance).
Pros
relaxed with personal style
Cons
no job security, no set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alex and Ani, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.