Alexander Mann Employee Reviews

It was a great 3 months
SOURCER (INTERN) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 27, 2017
The work culture itself was super fun and made you excited to go to work. My training was hands-on, making it fast and easy to learn on on the job. I was involved with the office 'fun' days, activities that really made the environment stress-free.

My job was not hard, but challenging in a good way, a manageable pace for anyone really. It really allowed me to utilize my prior education in customer service, engaging people and my current field of study in HR.
Pros
Work culture, great team environment, pay, communication among staff
Cons
You have to pay for parking downtown; lack of opportunity for part-timers that are students
Summary
Lead Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
its ok, day is sourcing, pay is not good and its a kids playground, it has been decorated............... some are nice and the seats are hard, to many young kids and not enough adults
Productive and fun place to work
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2017
Alexander Mann Solutions is a great company to work for. The flexibility is phenomenal. The culture and values the company stands for are exceptional.
Poor Management
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2017
The managers that you report into are not supportive. They have favorites and treat people according to how much they like them. It is not professional nor is is fair. They do not hear you out when you have concerns and they believe in disrespecting and demeaning the team. If you want to be somewhere where you want to be respected and valued as an employee and as a human, I would not recommend working here.
Got its pluses and minuses
Worker (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 18, 2017
Very progressive TA company with growing pains in North America. The people are great and the culture is welcoming. You can feel the energy when you go into one of the Centers.
Very decentralized to the point of not connected. If you work in the field (client site) you can really feel like you are on an island without much support.
Really love the culture and the people focus
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
AMS cares for their staff, they are constantly checking to see how you are doing. Not a blame culture very supportive, with lots of opportunity due to their growth. You can work long hours but in my experience 9 to 5 is now considered part time at most companies. I have also recommended friends and past team mates to come work for AMS and they too are very happy.
Cons
I would love even more vacation!
Good Company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2017
AMS is a great company to work for, especially if you are starting out and are looking to gain experience in recruiting. The company is growing very fast, however, and, a lot of lower level employees are not receiving the training and recognition that they deserve and or need to enhance company performance. This is resulting in a lot of external hires for management positions versus having the ability to grow from within. Hopefully this will change over time.
Fun place to work although management was HORRIBLE
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 30, 2017
Although I enjoyed working at Alexander Mann, the hours were horrible with and I would put in about 20 hours overtime and the company expected more.

The training was good and the people were nice but the management was HORRIBLE!!!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Horrible management!!!
Productive and fun workplace with employee room and healthy food provided
Spécialiste d'acquisition de talents (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 2, 2017
Very good company to work for with training and advancement opportunities. I enjoyed working for great clients such as Nike Inc. Good salary and employee benefits.
Solid place to work under contract
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 10, 2017
It was a good place to work other than paying for parking everyday. The management was friendly. Not a lot of direct instruction was given to accomplish tasks.
Political environment with poor management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 12, 2016
Alexander Mann Solutions is quite dysfunctional and management is disjointed. As long as you stay below the radar, in the good graces of management, and don't push envelope - you will manage in this organization and culture. However, if you are looking for something more than mediocre, at best; keep looking beyond Alexander Mann Solutions. Flexibility was the most enjoyable part of the job but the miscommunication within the organization causes quick accusations.
Pros
Benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Management, difficult clients, unclear expectations
Contract Recruiter
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 17, 2016
My manager,lack the communication skills, experience and the supervisor skills. The jobs & promotions in this company was based on friendships and race. The requisition load was ridiculous and when you ask for assistance myself and other team members was ignored. I truly enjoyed working with my colleagues and I was very successful in my position because of there guidance but this company lacks integrity .
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management is inexperience!!
Go to ANY other RPO
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 14, 2016
Not a good place to work. Workers are not respected or given any authority to execute their jobs or learn/grow. The leaders are not experienced enough to lead the company. Before you work for this company, make sure you do your homework on what an RPO really is and how it should grow successfully. This is a UK based company that has only been in the US for a few years and has no idea what they are doing in the US. London-based leadership micro-manages with conflicting ideas on how to run things. It makes daily work VERY confusing. Turnover is incredibly high for many reasons.
Cons
inexperience management, HR is lacking, no empowerment for employees
Great Place to work IF you have a good manager
Lead Specialist - Sourcing (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 2, 2016
My manager, continuously tried to railroad me. I truly enjoyed working with my colleagues and I was very successful at my position however, I do not wish to come to work everyday and have to look over my shoulder.
Good Comapany
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2015
Solid company with a good work environment. There is a good work life balance and Starbucks coffee. Nice place to start your career and learn about the RPO industry.
Pros
Starbucks
Cons
Parking
A busy fast paced environment with a work hard play hard culture
Principle Resourcing Specialist Onsite at Vodafone (Current Employee) –  Newbury, United KingdomeJanuary 4, 2015
Working as part of a large onsite team at Vodafone UK, we are a Recruitment Process Outsourcing company who react and respond to clients demands which can sometimes change on a weekly basis. I've learnt how to manage high volumes up to 120 vacancies at any one time, across the whole of the UK.

Co-workers are fantastic we get on well and have an a mutual level of respect across the team.

Hardest part of the job is not having full control of selection process as we are an RPO, we don't hold the budget for campaigns or advertising so we have to go through Vodafone, this can sometimes cause a pain when we are struggling in certain areas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship building with Key Stakeholders and the sense of satisfaction. Getting involved in process improvements and consistently adapting to the current market.
No Thanks!
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  VirtualDecember 2, 2014
No training

They say you will be assigned a "buddy" to help get you up to speed but that never happened.

Don't offer enough resources to effectively get the job done.

No benefits
Pros
A pay check
Cons
See my review
The worst RPO out there
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2014
I've worked for multiple RPO's and by far AMS is the worst in the industry. They hire as FTE with the sales pitch of stability but when business slows they have no issues letting people go. As a recruiter that has limited tools (job boards, postings, etc...) they make your job difficult but yet expect you to perform to the expectations they sold the client.

AMS is cheap and doesn't invest in helping their employees become successful.
Pros
Cons
Lack of tools, recruiters having to borrow job board access from friends. No loyalty to employees
Lack of good sound experienced leadership.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2014
Not a good place to work. Workers are treated as children. The leaders are not experienced enough to lead the company. Before you work for this company, make sure you do your homework on what an RPO company represents'. This is a UK based company that has only been in the US for a few years, educate yourself on this compnay before accepting the position...buyer be aware!
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Not trustworthy, no loyalty to employee, lack of communication to employees, expect 1 person to do 3 people jobs, a select few are promoted; need more maturity in leadership.
Not what was sold to me
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2014
Typical day sourcing resumes for recruiters and clients
Learned how Working with Global Partners in an RPO can be a cost savings
-Company is losing Clients
-Unproductive environment
-Very low pay (unable to hire the best talent)
-Lack of talent, no experience, no training
-small space
-management is not honest with employees
The job was very easy, not challenging, 9-5
Pros
401k match, medical, hours, global
Cons
low pay, no job security, small offices, lack of talent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexander Mann. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9