Alexander Mann Employee Reviews

Contract Recruiter
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 17, 2016
My manager,lack the communication skills, experience and the supervisor skills. The jobs & promotions in this company was based on friendships and race. The requisition load was ridiculous and when you ask for assistance myself and other team members was ignored. I truly enjoyed working with my colleagues and I was very successful in my position because of there guidance but this company lacks integrity .
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management is inexperience!!
Go to ANY other RPO
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 14, 2016
Not a good place to work. Workers are not respected or given any authority to execute their jobs or learn/grow. The leaders are not experienced enough to lead the company. Before you work for this company, make sure you do your homework on what an RPO really is and how it should grow successfully. This is a UK based company that has only been in the US for a few years and has no idea what they are doing in the US. London-based leadership micro-manages with conflicting ideas on how to run things. It makes daily work VERY confusing. Turnover is incredibly high for many reasons.
Cons
inexperience management, HR is lacking, no empowerment for employees
Great Place to work IF you have a good manager
Lead Specialist - Sourcing (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 2, 2016
My manager, continuously tried to railroad me. I truly enjoyed working with my colleagues and I was very successful at my position however, I do not wish to come to work everyday and have to look over my shoulder.
Good Comapany
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2015
Solid company with a good work environment. There is a good work life balance and Starbucks coffee. Nice place to start your career and learn about the RPO industry.
Pros
Starbucks
Cons
Parking
A busy fast paced environment with a work hard play hard culture
Principle Resourcing Specialist Onsite at Vodafone (Current Employee) –  Newbury, United KingdomeJanuary 4, 2015
Working as part of a large onsite team at Vodafone UK, we are a Recruitment Process Outsourcing company who react and respond to clients demands which can sometimes change on a weekly basis. I've learnt how to manage high volumes up to 120 vacancies at any one time, across the whole of the UK.

Co-workers are fantastic we get on well and have an a mutual level of respect across the team.

Hardest part of the job is not having full control of selection process as we are an RPO, we don't hold the budget for campaigns or advertising so we have to go through Vodafone, this can sometimes cause a pain when we are struggling in certain areas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship building with Key Stakeholders and the sense of satisfaction. Getting involved in process improvements and consistently adapting to the current market.
No Thanks!
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  VirtualDecember 2, 2014
No training

They say you will be assigned a "buddy" to help get you up to speed but that never happened.

Don't offer enough resources to effectively get the job done.

No benefits
Pros
A pay check
Cons
See my review
The worst RPO out there
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2014
I've worked for multiple RPO's and by far AMS is the worst in the industry. They hire as FTE with the sales pitch of stability but when business slows they have no issues letting people go. As a recruiter that has limited tools (job boards, postings, etc...) they make your job difficult but yet expect you to perform to the expectations they sold the client.

AMS is cheap and doesn't invest in helping their employees become successful.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Lack of tools, recruiters having to borrow job board access from friends. No loyalty to employees
Lack of good sound experienced leadership.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2014
Not a good place to work. Workers are treated as children. The leaders are not experienced enough to lead the company. Before you work for this company, make sure you do your homework on what an RPO company represents'. This is a UK based company that has only been in the US for a few years, educate yourself on this compnay before accepting the position...buyer be aware!
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Not trustworthy, no loyalty to employee, lack of communication to employees, expect 1 person to do 3 people jobs, a select few are promoted; need more maturity in leadership.
Not what was sold to me
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2014
Typical day sourcing resumes for recruiters and clients
Learned how Working with Global Partners in an RPO can be a cost savings
-Company is losing Clients
-Unproductive environment
-Very low pay (unable to hire the best talent)
-Lack of talent, no experience, no training
-small space
-management is not honest with employees
The job was very easy, not challenging, 9-5
Pros
401k match, medical, hours, global
Cons
low pay, no job security, small offices, lack of talent
Excellent Environment
Support Coordinator for Rolls-Royce (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2014
AMS shows that they care about you and your development within their company.
Productive, fun enviornment
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioOctober 28, 2013
Excellent co-workers and managers. Great work ethics. Excellent company to work for.
Global company with opportunity for advacement.
Account Manager - Resourcing Communications (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2012
Global culture that offers an opportunity to learn about universal HR consultancies.