Alexander Open Systems, Inc Employee Reviews

Competive environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 5, 2017
I was in sales and it was a very competitive environment. I left because I was not given the accounts that I was promised to manage. Those that have good accounts do very well.

Very good pay and benefits. Very competitive.
Really talented engineers
Design Architect / Data Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 24, 2017
The supporting engineers were really excellent and the pay was comparable with the market. Management was decent but there was a lot of overall turn over across the board. It was difficult to not be nervous about the longevity of the career. Also there was no career path.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 9, 2016
AOS is a good company to work for. There is not much room for advancement since it is still a fairly small company and family owned. The compensation structure is good if you are a performer.
Not a good place to work
Commercial IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 10, 2016
Very deceptive when they hired me. Doubled my quota and took away 2 of my largest clients within 2 months of being hired. It may be a job match for some, but was not for me, so I resigned.
numbers driven, family owned
territory account manager (Former Employee) –  South DakotaNovember 30, 2015
See above. Must be self driven and able to work independently.

Good tech staff. Ever turning product line.

Complicated compensation system
It was a fun place to work but not much chance for advancement opportunity.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 14, 2015
What I found to be the most enjoyable aside from the financial benefit was my peers I worked with and the customer events. The hardest part of my job was having an engineer that didn't understand the process of producing quotes correctly for our customers. I learned and was certified through CISCO, EMC and VMWare.
My typical day consisted of prospecting, customer appointments, and working with Sales Engineers to produce quotes and I created the presentation. My position was to maintain relations with vendors and consult with vendors
Pros
Developed great relations with Customers and Vendors
Cons
The majority of my customers were Education and government accounts which are seasonal buyers.
Director Product Security, Senior Security Consultant
Sr Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2013
Designed and Sold IT security solutions for Network, Video, Access Control, Web Content, Anti-Virus, Border Security

Performed IT security Assessment for HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, PCI
Pros
Company has a good reputarion in the midwest
Cons
Company is more concerned with the sale and then moving on instead of developing the relationship
Regional Project Manager
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 26, 2013
Selecting and managing internal vendors
Leading internal office improvements
Managing engineering team & resources for support
Approving timesheets & expenses
Maintaining employee moral & discipline
Responsible for the utilization of Texas engineering team and quota obtainment for billable percent per employee
Project Billing & Service Invoice Reconciliation
Invoicing all actual project expenses & cost to clients per the approved billing structure negotiated
Regional Project Profitability
Reporting each project profit, delta, and customer satisfaction rating for each completed project in Texas to the COO & CEO
Process all new service orders submitted for the state of Texas and selecting/assigning project teams
Manage customized technical design projects for SMB (small to medium business) and enterprise customers for the state of Texas in Cisco VoIP, EMC Storage, VMware virtualization, & other partnered technologies
Resolve internal work flow issues by creating updated, more efficient, and easy to manage documented processes for the VP of Service Delivery by leading a newly created Project Management summit (annually)
Bridge relationship gaps between management and engineering staff
Lead post-sale team of Senior Systems Engineers & Management Consultants in project life cycle to meet customer expectations.
Budget and manage all costs of project related to resources and schedule
Very High Turnover
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 6, 2012
Incredibly high turnover. In the time I was there I watched 14 people leave the company in 12 months
High Turnover!
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2012
A typical day at work! Work load was out of this world! I worked in HR and the Manager has no Manager skills, She piles anything and everything on the Assistant and still claims that she needs to work everyday until 9:30pm! What I learned from this company, don't trust anyone. They are not clear, very much into playing favorites, hires family members, even without any experience in the industry.. The turn over is unreal! Co-workers, they all work and walk on egg shells. The hardest part of the job. Trying to figure out what mood my boss would be in that particular day, in order to accomadate. The most enjoyable part of the job. None!

The best advice, look for a more, better enjoyable work place environment, you will not last 90 days at this company!
Cons
too many to list!!!
A great company
Outside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 31, 2012
We arrive at 8:00 am and then we put in a day that usually ends around 5:30 or 6.

I learned to be aggressive with some of the customers and rely more on what they need than what they want.

Management is mainly supportive and straight shooting. They tell you where they stand. They do tend to be a bit overemotional and very reactionary prone.

Hardest part of the job is because it is a smaller office 1 person can create enough bad politics to make it unbearable.

The highlight of the job was the learning of the new technologies and how it would help some of the clients.
Pros
great product lines, wonderful people.
Cons
with it being a smaller office the politics become more pronounced.
High Turn over.
VP of Sales- Small Business (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 4, 2012
If you can make it past the first 90 days and deal with the harsh owner then you can do ok. Leadership team is poor but they have very good pre sales resources and engineers. The average employee only stays for 1yr+ as the culture is extermely negative. Look at other organization before considering AOS. There reputation in the market is starting to impact their business in a negative way.

They also are very strick on their non-compet agreements. They will fire you after 90 days but send you multiple letters that they will sue you if you try and go to a competitor.
Pros
they pay well, good benefits, good presales team
Cons
terrible culture, bad management and owner, no respect for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexander Open Systems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7