Alexander Youth Network Employee Reviews

Unsatisfactory
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I recommend if you are looking at this job look elsewhere. Ratios are not always met. You can only take off 2 days of paid time off even if you have 80hours.
Amazing
LPC Internship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2017
Absolutely learned so much from my supervisor and have learned how to counsel children during my internship. This is a great work environment and the company is truly helping children who need it.
Pros
Flexible, great hours
Cons
Driving to clients at times
I would not recommend working here
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2017
There is little to no staff support as the environment is made up of cliques. I was sexually harassed on a daily basis by co-workers. They promoted men before anyone else.
Great place, great kids
Behavior Health Counselor PRN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2017
Love this place it's a quick paced environment. I've been working here for approximately 10 months and I don't intend on leaving. The staff is amazing to work with, they are super supportive when assisting with the children. The volunteers are amazing as well as supervisors. Great support in this environment.
productive, flexible
Intensive In-Home Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Alexander Youth Network is a great place to be employed. Intensive In-Home is very flexible with scheduling to see consumers. Management always has an open door policy where staff can discuss thoughts and feelings regarding job responsibilities etc.
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Working at AYN is very beneficial. They invest in all employees with training and educational courses. The management is a part of the team and allows employees to give constructive feedback. They believe in taking care of the staff through appreciation of the month, employee recognition, and other incentives. The challenge to working at AYN in moving on in your career if this is a stop on your journey. You can and will get attached to the children.
Pros
Employee support
Cons
Low pay rate
Good place to work for
Intensive In Home Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Intensive in home: Flexiable hours, work in the home with families. Good pay and hours, good people to work with. good benefits, health, vision, dental, 401k.
Good
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2017
Enjoyed working at AYN; however, due to changes in the outpatient setting, I made the decision to leave. Overall, it was a great place to work. The leadership team is awesome and provides great supervision to all departments.
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2017
Alexander Youth Network is a great place to work. They like to hire within and there are many opportunities to grow your skills. It is a team orientated environment and others are working to help one another and offer supportive environments when needed
Productive work place
Day Treatment Therapist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 20, 2017
AYN's DTx staff were the best co-workers I have ever had. They made the challenges faced by working with children and their parents not so bad. Over the staff were very supportive of one another and worked as a team in the DTx department.
Pros
The staff members
Cons
The pay could have been more
Great place for the field experience
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2017
AYN is an awesome place to gain the knowledge and experience in the mental health field. You'll fall in love with the kids being served.
However, there are some management staff that are awesome, and some that are extremely shady (lies, demonstrates favoritism, unethical, etc). The morale is easily lowered and the politics of the business are, in a very messy way, known around campus.
Work-life balance in foster care is null and void; it's all work, no life.
Pros
Build amazing relationships with the children and some staff, flexibility in hours depending on the position, stability if they like you
Cons
Low pay, it's all about numbers and census, high turn-over
My Honest Summary
In Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 28, 2017
This place was called youth opportunities they merged with Alexander Youth Network. It has had 3 different CEO's from the time I got hired back in 2010. If you are a Male you will not have much room for growth as this agency and industry is a female dominated one. Most of the females took on leadership roles.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Non stable your position could change every 4-6 months based on the companies needs
Supportive
Mental Health Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, NCMay 25, 2017
Received trainings weekly. Supportive management. Great benefits. Great work environment. Opportunity for growth. Tuition reimbursement. Balanced work day.
Pros
Great benefits. Great work enviroment.
Cons
Large Organization.
Alexander Youth Network provides a broad range of services for disadvantaged youth.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 24, 2017
Alexander Youth Network provided interns with the knowledge base they need to be effective in the field of Social Work. However, they also supported self-education and encouraged interns to take the extra step and dig deeper to navigate through the fields ourselves.
Pros
Encouraging, flexible schedule
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2017
They do not only genuinely care about their clients, they care about their staff. Wonderful place to work.The most enjoyable part was the teamwork and flexibility
Great co-workers and understanding management
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2017
I worked the 3rd shift and really enjoyed it aside from the lack of sleep since I have 2 babies at home. Otherwise I mostly did homework during the night and watched Netflix in between bed checks and writing notes until it was time to wake up the kids. Everyone I interacted with was welcoming and friendly. Management was very understanding if you overslept and came in late or if you needed to leave early for family reasons. Not for the weak minded or easily offended. My main reason for wanting it was getting my foot in the door of the mental health field.
Pros
Free food, great staff, rewarding, good experience for psych majors
Cons
it can wear you out if you don't take care of yourself or your heart isn't in it.
good job
Foster care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2017
good hours good benefits great supervisors and great kids. long hours but good pay. over time is good pay also. great CEO. They have fun company outings.
Pros
free lunches
24 hour Therapeutic Behavior Facility for children
Behavior Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2016
Transition our kids from the school setting to the housing setting. We would allow them to self reflect among themselves on how their day went, what they could do better, and the steps it would take in order to make that possible. Group activities such as playground time or swimming throughout the week. Helped each individual deal with his/her problems whether they were emotional or mental. Hardest part of the job was physically there wasn't anything you could do to make each child better or normal if you want to say that. The most enjoyable was going to work everyday giving my all to every child there. Also, each child knowing that myself and the other staff were there to help them succeed.
Pros
Interacting with the children
Cons
I wouldn't say that there were any
Overworked and under paid
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, NCNovember 30, 2015
AYN could be a great place to work at if they didn't focus so much on the paperwork and more on the children. Judging paperwork while you are supervising mentally challenged children is close to impossible and not to mention a disservice to these children. The constance hands on approach I completely do not agree with and management does not like getting involved or get there hands dirty more in specific the Dallas-Cherryville site.
Pros
Medical benifits
Cons
Paperwork
cool place nice people
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2015
To obtain employment within a place of business where I can utilize my strong customer care skills, provide dedicated and detail oriented services for all clients, and help a company achieve each of its short term, as well as, long term goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexander Youth Network. Our community is ready to answer.