Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great people
Assessment Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 3, 2017
It was a fast paced job with little downtime and times in which you needed to stay late. Worked with good people and patients. It was difficult to approve time off but management was understanding of emergency situations.
Productive day at work with poor managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILOctober 25, 2017
I previously worked for Alexian Brothers Medical center and for the most part it was a decent place to work. But, the management was terrible! They treated veteran employees very poorly and did not compensate for the hard work that employees put in on a daily basis. You could feel the stress levels within the office.

My typical day at work was very planned out but if you are the "new kid on the block" you are definitely treated that way.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lunches were cut from an hour to a half an hour
Productive/ Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
The staff and pay were really awesome here. I only left because I worked night, and it started interfering with my day hours. I really enjoyed the teamwork myself as well from others.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
I have no cons.
what I learned
Operations Manager - Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 18, 2017
it was a fast paced environment as far as volumes in the OR and patient census. I was able to do a good with an older department and realized that it was difficult to remodel an older facility but with good processes you can still provide great service.
Pros
High volumes, good staff
Cons
High staff turnover
Some rude/ disrespectful workers/nurses
Desk Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 10, 2017
the beginning of the work day at the information desks during the days that i volunteered, is usually stressful and sometimes the volunteers have to juggle the amount of visitors that need help at the desk.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
some workers are rude
Good staff which are team players
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 4, 2017
The staff is wonderful to work with and very supportive. However, the upper management is chaotic.

The upper management does not follow up on reccommendations from the staff who work in the direct contact with the patients.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
low pay for Acuity
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 3, 2017
En general es un buen lugar para trabajar.El problema es cuando la cantidad de pacientes aumenta demasiado, te exigen mucho.
Good working environment
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 3, 2017
Working with the patients gave me great satisfaction. The ability to go from CNA to LPN and finally to RN was a big plus working there. I enjoyed having the ability to take the time to do patient teaching and give quality care.

The flexibility that the management gave me so that I could advance and complete my education and advancement to BSN, was a great benefit.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
sometimes worked understaffed
Good place in the suburbs!
Patient Care Technician/Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 3, 2017
It is a great place to work in the suburbs! Tightly family built hospital, that works around your school schedule and other family events. I would recommend this to my family!
Don't get Into This
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 2, 2017
Horrible company to work for. Horrible pay, no time off. Ended up working all the holidays. Not family oriented. Management has no idea the hard work we do.very out of touch.
ABMC is fair
Oncology/ Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 27, 2017
I had worked at ABMC as an ER Travel RN this pass May - June 2017. Most of my co-workers were helpful and welcoming but majority has this " I am better than you " or "my s_ _t doesn't smell"personality. On the Oncology side, it was nice working there. I had co-workers who were willing to help me but when a crisis arose, they were not very willing to help me out.
Pros
Cons
co-workers who only cares for themselves
Fast paced but relaxed atmosphere
Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 24, 2017
This is an awesome place to work and supportive of growth of staff. Everyone works as a team and a culture of teamwork has been cultivated within the management as well as regular staff. The hardest part of this job is leaving a place you come to grow with professionally.
I had an amazing clinical leader
COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 22, 2017
A problem happened with the charge nurse and I don't know what happened with her but I do know the stress from that situation and for being a "whistle blower" caused me to want to find another position.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
RNs are rewarded with special awards and counselors are not.
Day at work
Hospice Aide/PCT (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists on making sure all patients are meeting their basic needs by caring for them and helping them get back their independency.
Pros
Caring for others is fullfilling.
Cons
The load is very heavy.
face pace
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 6, 2017
fast pace facility for individual that likes to work alone high management turn over, multicultural, high turn over rate for staffing, many mandatory staff meetings,
Pros
job
Cons
patient staff ratio high
Productive and fun work with arts and crafts
Assistant Activity Director (Certified) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2017
Drawing, coloring, cutting and pasting paper or putting together a reindeer. Hands on anything keeps the mind and body youthful and operating properly.
Pros
It is a good place to start your career
Cons
It is easy to get lost in the shuffle. Fast pace.
Stressful Work Environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILAugust 31, 2017
The critical care department was under poor management. The benefits were good. They offered 12-hour shifts and paid extra if you worked the night shift.
Pros
Benefits, 12-hour shifts
Cons
Poor management
Top quality Healthcare provider
Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 22, 2017
Busy community hospital. Staff are caring and qualified. Alexian has always held the highest standards of quality care. Employees are encouraged to further education.
daily
Staffing Coordinator/Payroll Checker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2017
It was very busy. You stayed busy with doing payroll and attendance and schedule and having staff come in and ask questions about their time and picking up extra shifts if they were needed. I loved working with a lot of the staff. The hardest part of the job was having staff call offs at the last minute and trying to find coverage at the last minute.
Great setting to work in.
Clinical Applications Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 17, 2017
In a hospital setting, there is quite a bit of running around and attending to different tasks. That said, this gave the opportunity to be self-taught, driven, and ambitious.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Short breaks, little pay.