Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 17, 2017
The management at Alexian Brothers was excellent and they were a group of very respectable people. The Co-workers were also great.
challenging and fulfilling, great place to work
Lead Material Handler 3 (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I kept the OR and Cardiac Cath lab stocked with essential items to perform cases. Every day there were new challenges that we faced head on. I learned how to control my stress and focus on completing every task. The management was very helpful and available. My co-workers became great friends and were willing to help out when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with back orders and lost shipments especially on critical items. But that was also the most fun because there was extra satisfaction when the issues were resolved in time and the staff were able to perform their jobs.
Emergency Department Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 2, 2017
Alexian Brothers is a great place to work with a great work environment and a management team that is always available to help. Teamwork is a top priority and everyone is willing to help especially with new people.
Productive and a learning experience.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 23, 2016
Working at Alexian Behavior Health Hospital was an great opportunity. It was my first mental health counselor position after graduating with a Bachelors degree. Management was supportive and always had on open door attitude. Co-workers was pleasant and supportive with the new hires.
Pros
Working side by side with other team members.
Cons
No cons.
Great environment.
Labor and Delivery RN (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 18, 2016
Fantastic atmosphere and team to work with. Always a pleasure to work at Alexian Brothers. It's a rewarding career full of joy.
Professional Workplace with Primary Concern for Residents
Part-time Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2016
My typical shift consisted of regular tasks and duties expected of me. These duties and expectations increased with my experience and trust/respect from my superiors. I learned basic and professional customer service skills, resident interaction, office procedures, and alarm protocols. Management was was fair and responsive. Most co-workers were helpful, engaging, and part of a team environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was the residents and their families, as well as building positive work relationships.
Pros
Decent hours, professional setting, resident interactions
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, benefits
Used and released
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 30, 2016
Was used by CEO to develop strategic plan and then released after finalization and implementation scope set. Would not recommend working here if you are an experienced executive, because there is a culture of inferiority and intimidation.
Great teaching hospital
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 22, 2016
I love Alexian Brothers. I started there as an intern and was offered a position in the cardiac rehab department after my internship. Every unit I have gone to I see nothing but great team work, and everyone is willing to help one another to give patients the care they need and deserve.
Pros
New graduate program
Positive Mission
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 31, 2016
Non- profit community counseling agency. Professional, caring staff who do a very good job under difficult circumstances. Poor compensation overall, management attempts to support staff .
Pros
Positive mission non profit counseling agency
Cons
Poor compensation, high staff turnover
Do not compensate well
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 24, 2016
Worked for this company for several years, always received an excellent review, but they would on give 25 cent or 30 cent raises once a year, never showed appreciation.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No breaks

Want to know more about Alexian Brothers Medical Center?

Ask a question
great place to learn,
Mental Health Counselor / Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed learning new things, but management is terrible. Unable to be creative and lack of flexibility. Great learning opportunity, exposure to many different clients, with different diagnosis.
A great place to work
Manager Central Sterile (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 22, 2016
High volume of surgical cases.
Great leadership!
We had the opportunity to work closely with many other departments with in the healthcare system.
I truly enjoyed going to work at Alexian Brothers every day.
Great experience
CLINICAL INTERN (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 16, 2016
As chaotic as behavioral health hospitals can be, I really enjoyed working at Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital because of the wonderful clinical supervisors and staff members.
Poor management
Unit Clerk-PCT (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 8, 2016
I had some pretty decent nurses on my shift that would occasionally help out. My coworkers were pretty laid back I think too much. I did not have a pleasant exit from there but I did learn different areas of the hospital because I was floated a lot off my unit.
Pros
Insurance was great, close to home
Cons
Manager did not manage her unit, manager was not open to suggestions from anyone other than nurses
Beautiful place to work, lots of love and family oriented
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2016
The family and clients was greeted every Monday thru Friday with a large smile and a happy good morning! I worked for an adult day center. the families loved us as well as needed the relief from their family members to run errands or just be able to get some over due rest for a few hours. We worked as a team from the clinic and pharmacy to the social workers and homecare to the day center cna to the drivers bringing the clients in for the day or taking them home. The hardest part of the job was when we lost a client. When they came into the program they are most always at the end of their life and in poor health. We not only loose the clients but we also loose the family from the program. The best part of the job was causing the clients to smile when they are a rough day.Listening to them reminise about their younger and stronger days. Some of the stories where so hilarious it brought tears to my eyes from laughing. I will miss them all, but i will carry them always in my memories and heart even the ones who went home be the center closed down.
Pros
A true meaning of servicing the community
Cons
A birds-eyed view of how life ultimately ends.
building more and more but years away from Magnet excellence
Staff and Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 4, 2016
Committed staff. Management does not engage with employees for improved patient care. Company committed to showing a great and caring face...does not necessarily carry over to support for improvement.
Pros
lcoation
Cons
lots of corporate ego, brick and mortar, years from Magnet excellence
A rewarding job taking care of the elderly through food service
Signal Mountain - Caretaker/server (Current Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNMarch 31, 2016
Provide residents and guests with meals and refreshments
Create a pleasant environment under any circumstances
Captain Status/closing duties (similar to a supervisor)
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Bad managment, short hours
great place
Not employed (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 17, 2016
great place, this is not the same Alexian I work for but I'm sure its great. The Alexian I work for is great with great people.
Stable work environment
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Alexian Brothers worked with my schedule while getting my MSN in 2013-2014. They readjusted my schedule when I went part-time and then PRN in 2015.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
High turnover
Critical Care Unit
RN, Critical Care Unit (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 22, 2015
Considerate caring management. Quality nursing staff that are supportive of each other and prioritize kind quality patient care.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Hierarchy of management instead of shared governance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexian Brothers Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.