Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employee Reviews

Positive and Productive workplace
Home Health C.N.A (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2015
I loved working for this employeer. The hours are flexible and you get paid hourly as well as gas mileage. The staff are so friendly and willing to help co-workers in any way thats needed.
Great Job
Accounts Payable Specalists: (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJuly 18, 2015
Pros: very close to house
Cons: relocated department
Very pleasant & friendly work Environment,
Flexible Hours ,Group Team Players ,Excellante Learning Opportunity, The Alexian Brothers Hospital Culture Values.
t
Great place to work if you love what you are doing
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: Organization days where staff are entitled to free food, staff are subsidized at the cafeteria
Cons: Nothing I can think of at the moment
Fast paced
Dealing with geriatric patients
Top level management are good and but direct supervision needs some work to be done
The most enjoyable part of the job is personal enrichment
Great Career Choice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJune 29, 2015
Supportive work environment where you are able to advance your career. Management willing to work with you to help you achieve your goals.
Family-like atmosphere. Small hospital. Everyone knew everyone.
Unit Clerk/Outpatient Coder in Medical Records (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2015
Pros: Many - operated by the Alexian Brothers
Cons: None at the time I was there but neighborhood has gone down.
19 years there and I only left to relocate to North Carolina in 1997 to be with family. Alexian Brothers Hospital, just over a 200-bed hospital, a great place run by the Alexian Brothers who sold out just before I left. The first 9 years I worked as Unit Clerk and worked closely with all the doctors and every spare moment I had I was studying medical books to learn all I could. I then transferred to Medical Records and had on-the-job training as an Outpatient Coder coding all the Emergency Room records and Outpatient procedures. Alexian Brothers is a friendly, family oriented, caring atmosphere.
productive and good place to work
Building Director (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Alexian Brothers. I believe they their patients and residents always took priority and were treated respectfully and seemed to be a good environment be in.
Do not recommend anyone working here
current employee (Current Employee), St Alexius Medical Center Hoffman EstatesMarch 6, 2015
Cons: everything
Toxic environment, terrible management, Ascension Health destroyed the hospital, CEO non sociable with employees, Catholic Hospital, but does not follow any of the values, cutting costs have put the patients in jeopardy.
toxic work environment
RN (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates - Behavioral Health HospitalFebruary 3, 2015
I worked there as a psychiatric nurse for many years. The expectations placed on the nurses there is very unrealistic. As an RN on the unit I was expected to answer phones that rang constantly, perform patient care, pass meds, deal with emergency situations, check belongings, the list goes on and on. The level of stress and multitasking was too much for anyone to handle on a daily basis. There was no support from administration or management. They just wanted to hover, micromanage and criticize. I felt like the life was sucked out of me working there. The best thing I ever did was leave.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MoDecember 23, 2014
Pros: the smiles we bring to our participants face
Cons: long meetings and large work loads.
Overall this field keep's me on my toes. I love what I do I somehow believe that the time and effort I put into my job makes it easier for someone else down the road. the hardest part of my job in month-end long hours and fast paced deadlines.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee), Palatine, ILDecember 10, 2014
Alexian Brothers Medical Center is where I did my internship for medical assisting. My typical day would be me getting there an hour before they open and make sure rooms were stocked with everything doctor may need for the day, as soon as people arrived I would take them to the room and checked their vital signs.
Things I would do there would be:
- Vital signs
- Strep throat
-Drug test
- Eye exam
-Get them ready for MRI's
-EKG's
-Blood work
-Blood pressure
Everyone was really nice and helpful.
The nurses I work with
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the people i work with!
Cons: no breaks, benefits, management.
When it is busy,it is very busy. I love the people I work with. They are a great team.But we are short staffed,and when it is super crazy,no one gets a break,or lunch. it can be very stressful.I have learned a tremendous amount in my time there. Things i never thought i would know,but am glad that I do.The most enjoyable part of my job,are the people i work with.I'ts what has kept me there,but i think i'm ready for a change.
Educational and fun work enviroment
Nurse Intern/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, IL.November 15, 2014
Though it is always busy in the ICU/CCU there is always a co worker who will help you out and even make you smile.

I have learned the importance of how your own attitude affects the outcome of the patient and their family and the importance of always finding a positive outcome. I learned many critical thinking skills working in this department allowing me to identify urgent needs of a patient as they begin to present and believe this is what has helped me along with my nursing career.

The hardest part of the job is when you lose a patient and the sadness that the family is feeling.

The most enjoyable part of my job is who I work with, they make it a wonderful work environment with their team work and good senses of humor.
Associate Executive Director
Associate Executive Director (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: beautiful area, excellent co-workers
Managed and maintained an Independent Living Community. Handled any and all situations for the good of the Residents. Was on a Spirit Committee Board. Attended and voiced opinions in meetings to better living experiences.
I liked the people I worked with
Social Worker (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: i worked with a variety of professionals
Cons: i had to drive a total of 45 miles to get there and i had to pay state income tax.
I enjoyed what I do at Alexian Brothers/PACE Program! It's a fun learning environment. It's family oriented and I had a flexible schedule.
busy hospital that makes pt safety prioity
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), elk grove village, ilSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: never out of supplies; working equipment
Cons: nights shift kills daily living.
puts alot on the staff but only to ensure we do our best as a healtcare facility and make patients a prioity. can be stressful but what nursing job isn't?
Productive and fun place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2014
Extremely very busy and fast paced. The hardest part of the job is seeing your clients pass away.
Finance Assitant
Finance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 17, 2014
I worked for Alexian Brothers for almost 10 months in a temp role as finance assistant.

The work was enjoyable. Daily activities included wire transactions involving large sums of money.

The people in the treasury and accounting departments could not be a nicer group of people to work for.
good to work for
Registered Nurse-Clinician I - Intensive Care (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 11, 2014
very good company to work for. Great culture and working enviroment
hospital
Certified pharmacy technician in hospital pharmacy (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Hospital pharmacy, pharmacy tech. fill cassettes of the patients in the hospital. Individual packaging
Assume work place
Patient Transportation (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 20, 2014
love working there its peaceful and everybody is nice to you.