Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

building more and more but years away from Magnet excellence
Staff and Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 4, 2016
Committed staff. Management does not engage with employees for improved patient care. Company committed to showing a great and caring face...does not necessarily carry over to support for improvement.
Pros
lcoation
Cons
lots of corporate ego, brick and mortar, years from Magnet excellence
A rewarding job taking care of the elderly through food service
Signal Mountain - Caretaker/server (Current Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNMarch 31, 2016
Provide residents and guests with meals and refreshments
Create a pleasant environment under any circumstances
Captain Status/closing duties (similar to a supervisor)
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Bad managment, short hours
great place
Not employed (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 17, 2016
great place, this is not the same Alexian I work for but I'm sure its great. The Alexian I work for is great with great people.
Stable work environment
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Alexian Brothers worked with my schedule while getting my MSN in 2013-2014. They readjusted my schedule when I went part-time and then PRN in 2015.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
High turnover
Critical Care Unit
RN, Critical Care Unit (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 22, 2015
Considerate caring management. Quality nursing staff that are supportive of each other and prioritize kind quality patient care.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Hierarchy of management instead of shared governance
Good place to work.
Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2015
In the senior care environment, the work was challenging, but rewarding. The system provided support and the management team in the facilities were well qualified.
Very positive atmosphere
Chaplain Extern, Extended CPE Level (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village IlOctober 6, 2015
Medical staff and associates work together in a positive manner. A true "espirit de corps" atmosphere is found throughout the hospital.
Pros
Free meals for Chaplain extersn
Cons
Student is considered volunteer; no wage or benefits
Behavioral Health Hospital
Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 4, 2015
Incredibly stressful, poorly managed and under-staffed workplace. Many staff become burned out. The clinical director of Eating Disorder and Self-Injury Programs is not licensed which presents ethical concerns as well.
Productive workplace and enjoyable environment with coworkers.
Office Manager,Patient Rep.&Front Desk Rec. (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILOctober 3, 2015
A typical day at work consists of assisting clients and other staff members. Our environment consists of supportive coworkers and management with an overall fun workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting various clients and interacting with a small amount of coworkers. Our staff has become a small family, along with the pharmaceutical representatives and friendly clients.
Fast pace work environment but all employes work together as a team.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Hoffman EstateSeptember 29, 2015
As a PCT this can be challenging work environment. In addition, the work load can also be fast pace. However, all employees work together to keep the environment safe and get the work completed.
Busy and pleasant
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Internship (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove VillageAugust 10, 2015
Very nice professional environment the work days go by quickly, all the technicians are experience and knowledgeable overall it is a very nice place.
Touchpoint Behaviorl
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates ILAugust 5, 2015
Was excited to leave, and start at St. Alexius Medical Center. I Saw and Learned different things about healthcare foodservice.
not a fun place to work
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 3, 2015
a typical day 8 patients u learn each patient nurse manager very nice some co workers are really bad.not enough help going home
Pros
Cons
if you get hurt on the job company fire you
Very nice people to work with and high technology work environment
Radiologic Technologist in DI Department (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJuly 30, 2015
It was my first hospital job and I had great co-workers who helped me so much to learn so many things and I am very grateful. The commuting to work was the hardest part because it was over 26 miles each way from my house but I got used to it later. I started with resource position and got part time position after 2 years and the schedule was more stable and easy to manage.
I enjoyed very much working at this job and I have a lot of good memories...
Positive and Productive workplace
Home Health C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2015
I loved working for this employeer. The hours are flexible and you get paid hourly as well as gas mileage. The staff are so friendly and willing to help co-workers in any way thats needed.
Great Job
Accounts Payable Specalists: (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 18, 2015
Very pleasant & friendly work Environment,
Flexible Hours ,Group Team Players ,Excellante Learning Opportunity, The Alexian Brothers Hospital Culture Values.
t
Pros
very close to house
Cons
relocated department
Great place to work if you love what you are doing
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 30, 2015
Fast paced
Dealing with geriatric patients
Top level management are good and but direct supervision needs some work to be done
The most enjoyable part of the job is personal enrichment
Pros
Organization days where staff are entitled to free food, staff are subsidized at the cafeteria
Cons
Nothing I can think of at the moment
Great Career Choice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 29, 2015
Supportive work environment where you are able to advance your career. Management willing to work with you to help you achieve your goals.
Family-like atmosphere. Small hospital. Everyone knew everyone.
Unit Clerk/Outpatient Coder in Medical Records (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2015
19 years there and I only left to relocate to North Carolina in 1997 to be with family. Alexian Brothers Hospital, just over a 200-bed hospital, a great place run by the Alexian Brothers who sold out just before I left. The first 9 years I worked as Unit Clerk and worked closely with all the doctors and every spare moment I had I was studying medical books to learn all I could. I then transferred to Medical Records and had on-the-job training as an Outpatient Coder coding all the Emergency Room records and Outpatient procedures. Alexian Brothers is a friendly, family oriented, caring atmosphere.
Pros
Many - operated by the Alexian Brothers
Cons
None at the time I was there but neighborhood has gone down.
productive and good place to work
Building Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Alexian Brothers. I believe they their patients and residents always took priority and were treated respectfully and seemed to be a good environment be in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexian Brothers Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.