Alexian Brothers Medical Center

Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employer Reviews

Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village,ILAugust 12, 2014
Great place to work Great people and management. Good Benefits.
Working with others
Certified Nurse Assistants (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2014
. CNA certification is not the sole thing to judge my passion for work. I have skills to help patients perform their everyday activities such as bathing, feeding and grooming. I love learning new things and have an inherent capability to remain calm under emergency situations. My daily agenda involve working with participants scheduling in and outside – more... appointment, vitals EKG,s and companionship. – less
Fastpased
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 26, 2014
When scheduled there is not enough time in a day to complete what is expected.
CNA
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 13, 2014
Pros: new enviroment
Cons: far fromhome
ADL's assisted with call bells and coworkers. occasional blooddrsty
Great place to work.
Director of the Senior & Community Resource Center (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 8, 2014
Staff is excellent and committed to quality patient care. Supportive leadership.
Excellent work environment!
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great benefits, excellent co workers
Cons: pay scale
Management is awesome at delivering expectations and concerns, I also enjoyed the people I worked with. I enjoyed the flexibility of my work schedule and the patients, however; the hardest part about the job is getting attached to the patients then they pass away. This is an overall excellent place to work.
Productive environment
SENIOR MINISTRIES (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2014
A place where I'm always in a position to better myself. I am enthusiastic about coming to work daily. I'm always looking forward to the next project.
Very caring group of people
Cardiovascular Sonographer Externship (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMay 13, 2014
I was an intern student full time for 10 weeks and learned right away how warm and welcoming the workers were towards myself and patients. It is a fast paced group and they work very hard and still maintains a positive patient interaction. I gained a great deal of experience to carry on to my career. Would love to work there officially.
Fast paced environment with great co workers
Hospital Healthcare System - Finacial Counselor (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: limited resources
My primary responsibility is to assist patients understand the costs associated with their health care services. This requires me to be well versed in insurance terminology and know how to verify someone's insurance benefits.
In addition, I assist patient's without insurance benefits to apply for assistance programs.
My typical day begins in outpatient – more... registration, where I am available to answer patient questions and concerns, and I end the day in the emergency department where I verify insurance benefits and collect co-payments.
Since healthcare continues to evolve, it is imperative I keep up with the laws and regulations and share the information with my co-workers.
It is also important for me to communicate complicated information in an easy to understand way to both my co-workers and patients.
Many of the patients I work with are very anxious about their bills, and I love to help ease their worries by making the pile of bills manageable. – less
enjoyable
PCT Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, IlliniosMay 5, 2014
grew from my work experience
improved my skills over the years
Alexian Brothers Medical Center Intern
Quality and Patient Safety Intern (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILApril 29, 2014
Everyday I was motivated to experience new tasks and improve the skill sets I already had. There was a open line of communication with management which allowed me to complete my job to the best of my ability.
Great place to work, with great people
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 4, 2014
St. Alexius Medical Center is a great place to work, and I have learned so much working there. I am interested in the ability to further my career.
Patient Care Tech
Mental Health Clinician/ Orientation Assistant (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 17, 2014
 Conduct orientation for patients and family members to the oncology unit.
 Orientation of patients and family members entail: explaining various hospital policies and procedures and safety protocols.
 Handle phone calls in a professional manner to report the status of patients to doctors and/or family members in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
 – more... Assist physician and nursing personnel with data entry processing of orders regarding x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans.
 Perform patient functions such as: vital checks, blood glucose checks, and assistance with physical therapy. – less
A comfy office
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 16, 2014
Czarnecki Chiropractic offers a variety of physical therapy options.
Great salary. Nice coworkers. HORRIBLE leadership
Behavioral health (Former Employee), Hoffman estates.March 13, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: leadership, work life balance, favoritism
They pay well. The benifits are so so. The coworkers are great. The management has no backbone. They will not stand up for you if there is an issue. HR does not really help the employee. No room for advancement.
They hire good people and use them until they are worn out. They do not value work life balance at all. Favoritism is all over the place. They – more... do not practice their values at all.

If all you are about is a good pay check and you have thick skin go for it. Otherwise not worth your time. – less
Great Place to Work
Executive Director of Clinical Research (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 6, 2014
System has great overall management and structure; good benefits and excellent staff.
Vascuar access team (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 28, 2014
The vascular access department was well received and respected within the hospital as experts in their field. Education was integral in the placement of an access device. The entire hospital worked together as a team. The intensivists are amazing. Have referred multiple family and friends to ABMC.
Security Officer
Security (Former Employee), SecurityFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: ot
Cons: total lack of leadership below asst.director
A alexian brothers security officer risks being kicked, punched ,spat at, scratched , bitten have feces and or urine thrown at them, contaminated blood spattered at or on them by individuals with any number of comunicable dieases or virus's up to and including active HIV and or Hepititis. You will spend hours sitting watches on these same individuals – more... who have psych issues or are intoxicated, you will spend hours sitting watches of all kinds.In general the staff do not respect security but you'll be the first they call for in crisis situations. ABHS does not use any defensive technologies other hospitals systems routinely issue ie; protective vests , tasers , batons etc. They do use cuffs and or weak foaming mace. – less
Very friendly staff
CNA/Unit secretary (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 31, 2014
It was great to know that the patients as well as some administrators appreciated the skills and compassion that I showed.
A good place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Cons: lack of communication
Very nice people, busy daily, lots of productivity work. had great coworkers.

1 2 3 4