Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employee Reviews

Professional Workplace with Primary Concern for Residents
Part-time Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2016
My typical shift consisted of regular tasks and duties expected of me. These duties and expectations increased with my experience and trust/respect from my superiors. I learned basic and professional customer service skills, resident interaction, office procedures, and alarm protocols. Management was was fair and responsive. Most co-workers were helpful, engaging, and part of a team environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was the residents and their families, as well as building positive work relationships.
Pros
Decent hours, professional setting, resident interactions
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, benefits
Used and released
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 30, 2016
Was used by CEO to develop strategic plan and then released after finalization and implementation scope set. Would not recommend working here if you are an experienced executive, because there is a culture of inferiority and intimidation.
Great teaching hospital
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 22, 2016
I love Alexian Brothers. I started there as an intern and was offered a position in the cardiac rehab department after my internship. Every unit I have gone to I see nothing but great team work, and everyone is willing to help one another to give patients the care they need and deserve.
Pros
New graduate program
Positive Mission
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 31, 2016
Non- profit community counseling agency. Professional, caring staff who do a very good job under difficult circumstances. Poor compensation overall, management attempts to support staff .
Pros
Positive mission non profit counseling agency
Cons
Poor compensation, high staff turnover
Do not compensate well
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 24, 2016
Worked for this company for several years, always received an excellent review, but they would on give 25 cent or 30 cent raises once a year, never showed appreciation.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No breaks
great place to learn,
Mental Health Counselor / Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed learning new things, but management is terrible. Unable to be creative and lack of flexibility. Great learning opportunity, exposure to many different clients, with different diagnosis.
A great place to work
Manager Central Sterile (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 22, 2016
High volume of surgical cases.
Great leadership!
We had the opportunity to work closely with many other departments with in the healthcare system.
I truly enjoyed going to work at Alexian Brothers every day.
Great experience
CLINICAL INTERN (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 16, 2016
As chaotic as behavioral health hospitals can be, I really enjoyed working at Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital because of the wonderful clinical supervisors and staff members.
Poor management
Unit Clerk-PCT (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 8, 2016
I had some pretty decent nurses on my shift that would occasionally help out. My coworkers were pretty laid back I think too much. I did not have a pleasant exit from there but I did learn different areas of the hospital because I was floated a lot off my unit.
Pros
Insurance was great, close to home
Cons
Manager did not manage her unit, manager was not open to suggestions from anyone other than nurses
Beautiful place to work, lots of love and family oriented
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2016
The family and clients was greeted every Monday thru Friday with a large smile and a happy good morning! I worked for an adult day center. the families loved us as well as needed the relief from their family members to run errands or just be able to get some over due rest for a few hours. We worked as a team from the clinic and pharmacy to the social workers and homecare to the day center cna to the drivers bringing the clients in for the day or taking them home. The hardest part of the job was when we lost a client. When they came into the program they are most always at the end of their life and in poor health. We not only loose the clients but we also loose the family from the program. The best part of the job was causing the clients to smile when they are a rough day.Listening to them reminise about their younger and stronger days. Some of the stories where so hilarious it brought tears to my eyes from laughing. I will miss them all, but i will carry them always in my memories and heart even the ones who went home be the center closed down.
Pros
A true meaning of servicing the community
Cons
A birds-eyed view of how life ultimately ends.
building more and more but years away from Magnet excellence
Staff and Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 4, 2016
Committed staff. Management does not engage with employees for improved patient care. Company committed to showing a great and caring face...does not necessarily carry over to support for improvement.
Pros
lcoation
Cons
lots of corporate ego, brick and mortar, years from Magnet excellence
A rewarding job taking care of the elderly through food service
Signal Mountain - Caretaker/server (Current Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNMarch 31, 2016
Provide residents and guests with meals and refreshments
Create a pleasant environment under any circumstances
Captain Status/closing duties (similar to a supervisor)
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
Bad managment, short hours
great place
Not employed (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 17, 2016
great place, this is not the same Alexian I work for but I'm sure its great. The Alexian I work for is great with great people.
Stable work environment
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2016
Alexian Brothers worked with my schedule while getting my MSN in 2013-2014. They readjusted my schedule when I went part-time and then PRN in 2015.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
High turnover
Critical Care Unit
RN, Critical Care Unit (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 22, 2015
Considerate caring management. Quality nursing staff that are supportive of each other and prioritize kind quality patient care.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Hierarchy of management instead of shared governance
Good place to work.
Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2015
In the senior care environment, the work was challenging, but rewarding. The system provided support and the management team in the facilities were well qualified.
Very positive atmosphere
Chaplain Extern, Extended CPE Level (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village IlOctober 6, 2015
Medical staff and associates work together in a positive manner. A true "espirit de corps" atmosphere is found throughout the hospital.
Pros
Free meals for Chaplain extersn
Cons
Student is considered volunteer; no wage or benefits
Behavioral Health Hospital
Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 4, 2015
Incredibly stressful, poorly managed and under-staffed workplace. Many staff become burned out. The clinical director of Eating Disorder and Self-Injury Programs is not licensed which presents ethical concerns as well.
Productive workplace and enjoyable environment with coworkers.
Office Manager,Patient Rep.&Front Desk Rec. (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILOctober 3, 2015
A typical day at work consists of assisting clients and other staff members. Our environment consists of supportive coworkers and management with an overall fun workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting various clients and interacting with a small amount of coworkers. Our staff has become a small family, along with the pharmaceutical representatives and friendly clients.
Fast pace work environment but all employes work together as a team.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Hoffman EstateSeptember 29, 2015
As a PCT this can be challenging work environment. In addition, the work load can also be fast pace. However, all employees work together to keep the environment safe and get the work completed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexian Brothers Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.