Alexian Brothers Medical Center

Alexian Brothers Medical Center Employer Reviews

enjoyable
PCT Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, IlliniosMay 5, 2014
grew from my work experience
improved my skills over the years
Alexian Brothers Medical Center Intern
Quality and Patient Safety Intern (Former Employee), Elk Grove, ILApril 29, 2014
Everyday I was motivated to experience new tasks and improve the skill sets I already had. There was a open line of communication with management which allowed me to complete my job to the best of my ability.
Great place to work, with great people
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 4, 2014
St. Alexius Medical Center is a great place to work, and I have learned so much working there. I am interested in the ability to further my career.
Patient Care Tech
Mental Health Clinician/ Orientation Assistant (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 17, 2014
 Conduct orientation for patients and family members to the oncology unit.
 Orientation of patients and family members entail: explaining various hospital policies and procedures and safety protocols.
 Handle phone calls in a professional manner to report the status of patients to doctors and/or family members in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
 – more... Assist physician and nursing personnel with data entry processing of orders regarding x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans.
 Perform patient functions such as: vital checks, blood glucose checks, and assistance with physical therapy. – less
A comfy office
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 16, 2014
Czarnecki Chiropractic offers a variety of physical therapy options.
Great salary. Nice coworkers. HORRIBLE leadership
Behavioral health (Former Employee), Hoffman estates.March 13, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: leadership, work life balance, favoritism
They pay well. The benifits are so so. The coworkers are great. The management has no backbone. They will not stand up for you if there is an issue. HR does not really help the employee. No room for advancement.
They hire good people and use them until they are worn out. They do not value work life balance at all. Favoritism is all over the place. They – more... do not practice their values at all.

If all you are about is a good pay check and you have thick skin go for it. Otherwise not worth your time. – less
Great Place to Work
Executive Director of Clinical Research (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 6, 2014
System has great overall management and structure; good benefits and excellent staff.
Vascuar access team (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 28, 2014
The vascular access department was well received and respected within the hospital as experts in their field. Education was integral in the placement of an access device. The entire hospital worked together as a team. The intensivists are amazing. Have referred multiple family and friends to ABMC.
Security Officer
Security (Former Employee), SecurityFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: ot
Cons: total lack of leadership below asst.director
A alexian brothers security officer risks being kicked, punched ,spat at, scratched , bitten have feces and or urine thrown at them, contaminated blood spattered at or on them by individuals with any number of comunicable dieases or virus's up to and including active HIV and or Hepititis. You will spend hours sitting watches on these same individuals – more... who have psych issues or are intoxicated, you will spend hours sitting watches of all kinds.In general the staff do not respect security but you'll be the first they call for in crisis situations. ABHS does not use any defensive technologies other hospitals systems routinely issue ie; protective vests , tasers , batons etc. They do use cuffs and or weak foaming mace. – less
Very friendly staff
CNA/Unit secretary (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 31, 2014
It was great to know that the patients as well as some administrators appreciated the skills and compassion that I showed.
A good place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Cons: lack of communication
Very nice people, busy daily, lots of productivity work. had great coworkers.
Good people and values
Executive Assistant, Human Resources (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great support system of coworkers
Cons: unstable environment, daily tension
Alexian Brothers gave me the feeling that I was doing something good for all people that walked through our doors. I was very proud to be an associate there. It is unfortunate that they are going through a reorganization due to new ownership/management. Some very good people are losing their jobs. I made the best friends in the world there and will – more... remain in contact with all of them, this was the most enjoyable part of being there. The support of coworkers is amazing. – less
Central Scheduling at ABMC was horrible
Central Scheduler (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: don't care about their employees, and let management get away with murder !!
Co-workers were great but female management was horrible. Very clickish and a lot of talking behind everyones back. No loyalty shown to long time employees at all. Management in Central Scheduling did a lot of finger pointing and never EVER was big on giving you kudos or a pat on the back.
Alexian use to be a great organization to work for, but no longer.
Helped reinforce nursing school knowledge!
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 11, 2013
•Responsible for care of patients on medical/surgical unit under supervision of nursing staff
•Care included vital signs, daily care, bathing, transfers, use of Hoyer lift, Foley catheter removal, intravenous line removal, discharge transfers, intake and output, incontinence care, and working closely with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, wound – more... specialists, and physical therapists
•Other key responsibilities included a patient load of up to 12 patients
  – less
Have worked only a few places that have had such an impact on my life. Its very gratifying to perform what I do for the residents of the Village.
Ex. Chef (Current Employee), Signal Mountain, TNOctober 23, 2013
Pros: getting to know and provide the best service to the people you see everyday
Cons: lack of qualified laborers
Some people come and they go, but the ones that make 10 plus years are the heart and soul. We know there names there children and some of there grandchildren. They have celebrations that we take care of for them and help make each one better than the last. They know our birthdays, ask if our spouses our doing ok, if your son graduated or if your daughter – more... passed kindergarten. The hardest part of the job is losing one of them to the LORD, but we all know they are in a better place. – less
Loved my October Feast and My lab week
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 15, 2013
worked different part of the hospital was great. I got to learn different things with great co works who were willing to teach me their treat. It a busy busy place to work, but I loved it. Time always flew for me.
Hospital floor nursing is a demanding yet satisfying profession.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: challenging and rewarding job.
Cons: some nurses were not team oriented.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to teach and inform patients about their role in the care they were receiving.
productive and very fun enviroment
CNA (Former Employee), Signal Mountain, TNSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: got to build relationships with the residents which was always interesting and fun.
Cons: short breaks and long shifts
I enjoyed working for Alexian Brothers. The management there was wonderful and so were the co workers. They made it a wonderful place to be working at. I loved all the residents I helped take care of and the job duties were not all that bad.
I have 30 years of experince in nursing including 7 years in the military.
clinical nurse 2 (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Works in 5 west medical floor, taking care of medical, surgical , remote tele patients and dementia patients. Wound care, g tube feeding, trach care, and wound vac application .As I am wound champion, I attend wound care meetings and update colleagues with new knowledge. I learned a lot about wound care management and applies wound vac too. I am a team – more... player and gets along with others well. I enjoy when patients feel better with our care. Hardest part is sometimes in the evening when patients get sundown and have an admission same time. – less
Very quiet and reserved
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free parking, flex time
Management and coworkers were very pleasant. I liked the flex time because I was able to be out of work by 1:30. The work was not that difficult and their system was very user friendly.