Alexian Brothers Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

This is a good place to learn about healthcare
patient representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 17, 2016
This is a good place to learn about the healthcare industry. The scheduling is fairly flexible. The benefits are fairly similar to other major hospitals.
Pros
flexible scheduling of work hours
Cons
management
no room to grow
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 8, 2014
SAMC has great values, but our Company ABMG bought out our office a year ago, and have brought all new managment.
Feel Like they dont care about us, no motivation, no room to grow. Co-worker moral is down, so makes you not want to come to work anymore.
benefits
Cons
7 point system your fired, even if you have a doctor note you get a point, if your 3 min. late you get a half a point. no consideration.
Good place to work. Great Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 8, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Alexian Brothers. I feel that everytime I go to work I am with friends. My managment was good and I had a really good relationship with my manager. The hardest part of my job was trying to take care of customers complaints. While that was the hardest part it was also the most rewarding when you help someone and see a smile on their face.
Looking for a challenging job in the medical field
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 22, 2013
At the front desk,, I answer phone calls and take messages for the nurses and doctors. Check in patients & collect co-payments & balances, Schedule appointments for patients for labs follow up visits in our office. Verify patient insurnace by calling insurnace company.. Enter in charges once patients are seen to bill the insurance companies
As a referral coordinator get authorization for mri, ct, nuclear test that the doctors order from the insurance companies.,get authorization from the HMO patients insurance company so patients to see specialists. Also get authorization for DME equipment.
Do appeal letters to get date of service and when patient are seen in the emergency room or by specialist when the authorization was not obtained.
Schedule patients for appointments to specialist or test that are ordered.
I have learned to listen to patients and learned alot.
I enjoy working with the patients in helping to get get better
Pros
need full time wor, health benefits
Cons
no benefits
Enjoyable
Registered Medical Assistant, X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palatine, IllinoisOctober 19, 2013
I work as a resource employee. I do enjoy the atmosphere in the office along with seeing returning patients.
Compationate
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJuly 3, 2013
Alexian Brothers Medical Group is a great company to work for. I love what I do and being part a team. I enjoy the daily patient contact and clinical processes.
Pros
worked with my schedule with young children in the past
Cons
hard to move forward for advancement