Alexian Brothers Medical Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Family practice
Staff Nurse, Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILApril 28, 2017
This was an enjoyable job. I did triage for a really good young doctor. I also helped with rooming, injections, blood draws and exam. I would go back to this job but the company is now restructured. No my RN's, just medical assistants.
good place to work
Medical Assistant- Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILApril 14, 2017
good place to work, Very busy with patients and lab. Management is good. Hours vary and you work every other weekend, Being a float was the best part, choosing your own hours and days to work. Pay was much better as a float.
Patient Access Specialist
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 23, 2017
In my department, we took care of all patient and providers correspondence. We also did collection and billing on all accounts.
Pros
Bonus were great.
Cons
No overtime
Not a good company
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 9, 2017
When I started working there it was a very good company. But a year ago everything change new management. I things totally change.. I feel that is been miss-manage and is management. Not professional @ all. Or a healthy environment for me to work there.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  361 W Golf Road, Schaumburg Illiniois 60195December 26, 2016
Very busy fast pace clinic. Must love occupational health! 80% of clients is OHC 20% ICC. Must be able to multi-task and have great customer service skills. Must embrace our core values and the AMITA Misson.
Over 2000 + OHC clients
Great Team at Schaumburg G&H, compassionate caring physicians.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the staff, we make it fun to go to work. Have some pretty upbeat staff that works well together while still getting their jobs done.
This is a good place to learn about healthcare
patient representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 17, 2016
This is a good place to learn about the healthcare industry. The scheduling is fairly flexible. The benefits are fairly similar to other major hospitals.
Pros
flexible scheduling of work hours
Cons
management
no room to grow
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 8, 2014
SAMC has great values, but our Company ABMG bought out our office a year ago, and have brought all new managment.
Feel Like they dont care about us, no motivation, no room to grow. Co-worker moral is down, so makes you not want to come to work anymore.
benefits
Cons
7 point system your fired, even if you have a doctor note you get a point, if your 3 min. late you get a half a point. no consideration.
management is a joke
RN (Former Employee) –  ILMay 17, 2014
All alexian cares about is how much money they can make, hidden behind their christian thought of the day BS.
Pros
free lunches from drug reps
Cons
nasty patients that walk all over you
Good place to work. Great Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 8, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Alexian Brothers. I feel that everytime I go to work I am with friends. My managment was good and I had a really good relationship with my manager. The hardest part of my job was trying to take care of customers complaints. While that was the hardest part it was also the most rewarding when you help someone and see a smile on their face.
Looking for a challenging job in the medical field
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 22, 2013
At the front desk,, I answer phone calls and take messages for the nurses and doctors. Check in patients & collect co-payments & balances, Schedule appointments for patients for labs follow up visits in our office. Verify patient insurnace by calling insurnace company.. Enter in charges once patients are seen to bill the insurance companies
As a referral coordinator get authorization for mri, ct, nuclear test that the doctors order from the insurance companies.,get authorization from the HMO patients insurance company so patients to see specialists. Also get authorization for DME equipment.
Do appeal letters to get date of service and when patient are seen in the emergency room or by specialist when the authorization was not obtained.
Schedule patients for appointments to specialist or test that are ordered.
I have learned to listen to patients and learned alot.
I enjoy working with the patients in helping to get get better
Pros
Need full time wor, health benefits
Cons
no benefits
Enjoyable
Registered Medical Assistant, X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Palatine, IllinoisOctober 19, 2013
I work as a resource employee. I do enjoy the atmosphere in the office along with seeing returning patients.
Compationate
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILJuly 3, 2013
Alexian Brothers Medical Group is a great company to work for. I love what I do and being part a team. I enjoy the daily patient contact and clinical processes.
Pros
Worked with my schedule with young children in the past
Cons
Hard to move forward for advancement