Alfred Angelo Bridal Employee Reviews

The position of stylist was rewarding. you shared in the bride' s happiness..
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAAugust 15, 2017
The environment was a happy one. It was very rewarding to assist the Bride in selecting her dress and knowing you were a part of the. Experience. It's true that the Bankruptcy was unfortunate and the stylists were unprepared for a permanent closure. However, the brides were left abandoned. It was heartbreaking to console the bride who purchased her dress from you. She wasn't receiving her dream dress and there was nothing that could be done. I hold the company responsible for ruining the most important part of their life. It's something that will stay with them forever. Shame on them!
closed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYAugust 9, 2017
Alfred Angelo was a wonderful happy place to work.I loved my job and was very sad and unhappy when they closed with no notice and I feel we let out customers down at the end.
Pros
good pay, pride in customer service
Cons
closed
Productive, creative and fun workplace.
Head Designer (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 9, 2017
Productive, creative and fun workplace. The most enjoyable part of my job was designing our seasonal bridal collection and working with our oversea manufacturers.
Pros
Corporate environment experience
Cons
No room to grow my yearly income
Fun work place.
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 7, 2017
I had the best manager I could have ever asked for. And I really did have the best co-workers. Everyone was so hard working and loved working there. Our store did everything it could to make our customers happy.
Pros
best staff
Cons
sometimes physically demanding
Went out of Business
Manager-District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I loved working for Alfred Angelo. They were a family owned and were in business for over 80 years. Sadly, they filed for bankruptcy and suddenly went out of business.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 27, 2017
When it was a family owned company, it was a great place to work. My manager was wonderful to work for and with. We all felt like we were family. Too bad the company went bankrupt after over 85 years.
Amazing company when it was run by the family who owned the business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 19, 2017
When The family owned the company to was an amazing company to work for. However when the company was sold to the investors is when the company went downhill. It is unfortunate that the company was sold and the mismanagement of the investors brought this company to file chapter 7 and close the doors.
Pros
very rewarding to be an intimate part of the brides wedding planning process
Cons
the hours were long, and sometimes unappreciated by the executive leadership team
not nice that the company did not notify employers of bankruptcy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 19, 2017
very nice staff very friendly but corporate does not care about employees or else everything would have been fine if they notified us of the bankruptcy
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
full service bridal salon
Bridal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2017
It was nice while it lasted. They fill for bankruptcy and shut down all there stores with a same day notice. As associates we were left to deal with angry and heartbroken clients as well as employees.
Pros
excellent customer service
Cons
they are no longer in business
Great place
Bridal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 18, 2017
Working at Alfred Angelo was great because of my managers and my coworkers. They had made it fun for me. Helping brides find their dream dress was an amazing feeling. The company itself needed work.
Pros
Management and coworkers
Cons
Pay
Alfred Angelo Bridal
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 18, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Alfred Angelo Bridal. As of July 13th 2017 they filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, leaving all employees out of a job and thousands of brides without their dresses that were prepaid for.
This was a fun job with poor benefits and low pay
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 5, 2017
I loved working for the company despite only getting 10 vacation days per year and being required to work almost every weekend. Unfortunately, poor fiscal management at the top made it so we weren't sure if we had a job from one day to the next.
fun place to work with brides and customers
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 3, 2017
Fun place to work with Brides and Customers. Lousy Managers that dont train employees and expect them to learn on thier own. Assistant Manager was best friend with Manager so no one to complain to. Only care about sales when there isnt enough customers to meet quotas.
Pros
Happy Customers
Cons
Managers Managers Managers
Fun when Management was not present
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2017
Working for AABridal, it was fun, at first. Dealing with brides and dresses made my job fun. But that is where the fun ends. The management was horrific. I was verbally abused several times, most of those incidences in front of customers. The employees were constantly yelled at and belittled, making them feel unappreciated. There was no way of reporting to higher authority. The manager and district manager were best friends so there was no discipline when reports were made by employees, only customers. Terrible environment.
rewarding yet challenging position
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WA 98188February 26, 2017
This job was difficult as it is a highly emotional event, but also very rewarding to help customers. Fast paced and fun, we supported each other each day and that really helped us succeed!
Pros
Fun, friendly and professional atmosphere
Cons
hourly pay/commission was not desirable
I loved the work and the people I worked with directly, but the company as a whole made no sense to me and we had a lot of differences
Training manager/Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 18, 2017
I would help the customers plan their wedding day, help train the new employees, pick up merchandise, clean, organize, make follow up calls, and would run the sales floor. Management did the best they could, but the higher up you go the bigger the mess seems to be. And everyone is too worried about little things that aren't getting done and not worrying about the larger issues that cause the smaller problems to begin with, like advertising and returning bridals shows phone calls when they ask locations to do runway shows. FYI that's why your numbers are down, just so you know. Your sales teams are doing everything they can, but taking all sales away, permenately? Your a retail establishment, that's crazy. Even Kleinfields has sales....
Pros
creative and engaging
Cons
no positive reinfocement
Fun Workplace
3rd Key Holder/Sales/Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 11, 2017
You're able to learn a plethora of ways to accommodate for this specific clientele. Sales and not only helping your customer but being able to turn them from just your clients to your friends.
Fun place to work
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Amazing to help anyone find their dream dress! It's our goal to make dreams come true!!!! Amazing managers/workers. A great place to work.
it ok
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Up-beat and fun work place with interactions with a lot of people. Communication is key with all the people there is to interact with. Tried their very best to take care of the employees and customers. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to develop communication skills when dealing with people and to help brides find their dream dresses and assist in the process of planning their wedding. Working hours upon hours straight without a break when the store is very busy and there were many people to take care of and help. Helps hone in communication and organizational skills and meeting new people everyday as well as developing a strong foundation of trust with some customers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
working ever weekend
Awesome place to work and grow
Alterations Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2016
Awesome place to work and grow, nice environment, I learned how to work fast and efficient with my coworkers, I did the fittings and alterations for the brides, bridesmaids, flower girls and guests.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alfred Angelo Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6