Alfred Angelo Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment in a small office
AccuMark Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 7, 2017
Working independently in a small office I communicated via email or by phone with our overseas factories and our Florida offices. Checking and approving all graded patterns for size and fit. Checking and approving all production markers to ensure all pieces were included in all fabrics used to make the dresses.
Minor travel was required. It was very exciting to see the dresses transform from the original concept to the final product.
Pros
ability to work independently from home in bad weather
Exciting landscape filled with talented people
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 19, 2017
the company filed for chapter 7 Bankruptcy on 7/14/2017.
this was a great company to work for. Bridal is a fun and rewarding business given he nature of the product and the customer we served. I had the opportunity to work in a start up portion of the business which made for an ever changing environment, daily challenges, exciting landscape filled with talented people. if given the choice I would do it again.
Pros
fast pace with new challenge
Cons
closed
fun work environment
Bridal stylist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 9, 2017
Working for Alfred Angelo was a lot of fun, but also could be stressful. On the store level things seem to run smooth, but there seemed to be miscommunication between the store level and the Corporate level.
Fun place to work, manager and employees were great!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 5, 2017
A typical work day wasn't your usual "typical" work day.
You never knew what your day was going to be like, it was a new scene everyday. I loved it. You got to meet a variety of people day to day and share one of the most exciting parts of their life with them.
The employees all shared this same excitement so the atmosphere was like a breath of fresh air. My favorite part of it all was the reactions after the brides found their "YES". The emotion filled the air, a box of tissues was never too far away, always there to help wipe away the happy tears. I've got to admit I used quite a few myself. Father of the brides were my weakness.
Pros
work hours
I worked remotely
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for Alfred Angelo, Many challenges and deadlines. I processed all of the freight vendors which was very interesting itself because the invoices had to be broken out by duty, customs, tax and so on using a calculated percentage rate to charge to brides and bridesmaids. I also processed many vendor invoices daily.
Nothing lasts forever!
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2017
I loved this job and my co-workers, as well as my managers. The day went by fast if we had a busy day, but if it was a slow day we would do some role play/dress up to work on our selling techniques with each other. Everyone from my co-workers to the DM made this place a wonderful learning experience and a great opportunity to meet some awesome girls with different background. The hardest part of the job was leaving the store for the last time and not knowing what was going to happen to all the customers that had paid for their items and not received them yet.
Past employee
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 28, 2017
Management were very unprofessional. They had their own clique. The way they talked and gossiped about employees were very hurtful!!! They chose their pets, and everyone else were verbally trashed behind their backs!!!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lazy management
An excellent company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 18, 2017
Processing a high volume of various invoices daily.
Learned a new software program AX.
Management always had open door policies
Workplace culture was demanding but enjoyable
Hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines
Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers
Fun and rewarding
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 30, 2017
The Bridal Stylist position is quite fun and rewarding. Well suited for a people-oriented person with intuitive abilities. The manager was great system for stylists. The biggest con was compensation. Hourly rate is low but supplemented with commissions. However, I needed to leave this job, even though I loved it, because I couldn't make as much as I needed.
Each Customers counts
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
Over all working at Alfred Angelo was a learning experience. every customer was different and taught me something. the work environment was very helpful and welcoming
family atmosphere
unknown (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 3, 2016
This is a wonderful environment to work in. Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. This company ares about the customer and their needs and they do focus on what makes a customer happy.
Awesome Workplace!
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2016
Awesome staff and customer. Commission based, so hard work pays off. It's fun and exciting! Loved seeing all the dresses.
I had HIGH hopes
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 5, 2015
When i first started working here i was SO EXCITED. I loved the place, the people i worked with, ext. But as time went on and I saw how corp. treated us, how they started to lower wages and commissions. i realized it was all about the owner and ceo making as much money as possible for the higher ups. The dress code is out dated and frankly terrible ( ALWAYS have to have make up on. ALWAYS) if ANY ONE spoke a word about issues in the company you would be immediately fired. If you where scheduled till close you should not expect to leave ANY where near that time. We once where made to stay until past 12 am. When you have a family or A LIFE this is not the place to work.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
terrible work enviorment
Friendly/respect/fun
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 16, 2015
Friendly environment if you are people person this is the places,First thing you need to show is respect each other-be team player. You receive reconition for you work
Productive and Very Fun Environment to work in
Bridal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
Come in with Bridal appointments scheduled and working with Brides to pick their dream gown, and also their bridesmaids and flower girls, helping them decide on colors and making them happy and leaving with a great experience, Learned about all gowns and product lines carried as well as how to sell, Coworkers were very close nit we worked together as a team if one Consultant would struggle would be more then happy to assist them if they couldn't close as sale. No hard part to speak of, The most enjoyable having a bride leaving with her dream dress and being over the top happy
Pros
Discounts on anything we needed to purchased and just great environment
Cons
Some days so busy no time for even a lunch much less a break.
Alfred Angelo
3rd key manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHApril 17, 2015
open and close the store, as well as sell dresses to new coming brides, bridesmaids and flower girls. I learned a lot about taking care of a business. Management was a little far off for my liking but they seemed to try to keep things together as for the co-workers they all were close nit and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with the disorderly scheduling, but for the most part of my day spent at alfred angelo it was enjoyable
enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroeville PADecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working there. The staff and management is great to work with. They were very flexible and able to work around my schedule. It was a fun environment to be apart of. Everyone was happy and enjoyed being there. I would recommend them to everyone.
The worst place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
This company not only had communication issues between warehouse and store personnel, it was also a place that was not racially friendly. As a black woman you did not get the same "chances" that other races received. You were expected to be a robot and not ask to do anything but work. No breaks were taken. Management didn't support me. She was able to take whatever days off, leave the store to get nails done, bring her unruly children to work, and even allowed boyfriends in the backroom. High turnover rate of employment because the district manager did not help with the positive work environment. Even the Area management had an attitude that was not centered around serving customers. Constant customer complaints against the entire company, however I was pinned and looked at as the one with attitude because of my skin color. Will never recommend this store for anyone to even shop there. My friends and family of all races have experienced the negative side of this company first hand and have all boycotted this company.
Pros
Nice New Retail store
Cons
No breaks most days, no support from upper management, no support from warehouse
Very fast paced work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 28, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with a variety of people, very fast and steady work. I enjoyed helping others on a daily basis.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
n/a
dental assistant
Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 21, 2014
i loed working here, i did my extern here and it was a great lace to start learning with hands on