Alfred Angelo Employee Reviews

Awesome Workplace!
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2016
Awesome staff and customer. Commission based, so hard work pays off. It's fun and exciting! Loved seeing all the dresses.
I had HIGH hopes
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 5, 2015
When i first started working here i was SO EXCITED. I loved the place, the people i worked with, ext. But as time went on and I saw how corp. treated us, how they started to lower wages and commissions. i realized it was all about the owner and ceo making as much money as possible for the higher ups. The dress code is out dated and frankly terrible ( ALWAYS have to have make up on. ALWAYS) if ANY ONE spoke a word about issues in the company you would be immediately fired. If you where scheduled till close you should not expect to leave ANY where near that time. We once where made to stay until past 12 am. When you have a family or A LIFE this is not the place to work.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
terrible work enviorment
Friendly/respect/fun
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 16, 2015
Friendly environment if you are people person this is the places,First thing you need to show is respect each other-be team player. You receive reconition for you work
Productive and Very Fun Environment to work in
Bridal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2015
Come in with Bridal appointments scheduled and working with Brides to pick their dream gown, and also their bridesmaids and flower girls, helping them decide on colors and making them happy and leaving with a great experience, Learned about all gowns and product lines carried as well as how to sell, Coworkers were very close nit we worked together as a team if one Consultant would struggle would be more then happy to assist them if they couldn't close as sale. No hard part to speak of, The most enjoyable having a bride leaving with her dream dress and being over the top happy
Pros
Discounts on anything we needed to purchased and just great environment
Cons
Some days so busy no time for even a lunch much less a break.
Alfred Angelo
3rd key manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHApril 17, 2015
open and close the store, as well as sell dresses to new coming brides, bridesmaids and flower girls. I learned a lot about taking care of a business. Management was a little far off for my liking but they seemed to try to keep things together as for the co-workers they all were close nit and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with the disorderly scheduling, but for the most part of my day spent at alfred angelo it was enjoyable
enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroeville PADecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working there. The staff and management is great to work with. They were very flexible and able to work around my schedule. It was a fun environment to be apart of. Everyone was happy and enjoyed being there. I would recommend them to everyone.
The worst place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
This company not only had communication issues between warehouse and store personnel, it was also a place that was not racially friendly. As a black woman you did not get the same "chances" that other races received. You were expected to be a robot and not ask to do anything but work. No breaks were taken. Management didn't support me. She was able to take whatever days off, leave the store to get nails done, bring her unruly children to work, and even allowed boyfriends in the backroom. High turnover rate of employment because the district manager did not help with the positive work environment. Even the Area management had an attitude that was not centered around serving customers. Constant customer complaints against the entire company, however I was pinned and looked at as the one with attitude because of my skin color. Will never recommend this store for anyone to even shop there. My friends and family of all races have experienced the negative side of this company first hand and have all boycotted this company.
Pros
Nice New Retail store
Cons
No breaks most days, no support from upper management, no support from warehouse
Very fast paced work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMay 28, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with a variety of people, very fast and steady work. I enjoyed helping others on a daily basis.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
n/a
dental assistant
Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 21, 2014
i loed working here, i did my extern here and it was a great lace to start learning with hands on
Bridal consultant
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2014
I worked as a bridal consultant. This was a very rewarding career.
Im sad to say the little rock location when out of business.
Pros
very rewarding

Want to know more about Alfred Angelo?

Ask a question
Not even worth it for the experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 26, 2013
This company lacks a major communication factor. Other than the fact that you are so underpaid for what is expected from you, there is no continuity and no benefits to this job. I rarely got a full break like I was supposed to. It was just whatever chance you got to run into the back and shove a bite of food into your mouth in between the bride showing her family the dresses. It was also a constant fight between unhappy brides and customer service. There were so many mistakes that we would get the brunt of in store when it was a mistake from the warehouse. It is also hard because there is a high turnover of employees, it is hard to keep a handle on the flow of the store.
Pros
Experience learning the bridal industry from the dresses side
Cons
No breaks, not enough compensation for work expected
training issues and management problems
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 28, 2013
-on a daily basis you help brides and their parties find their dream gown.
-I have learned to become a stronger seller and product knowledge is the key to success.
-the store manager and the district manager lack training and proper people skills and communication
-most of the employees are passionate but are undermined
-the hardest part is trying your best when you are not trained properly and constantly being told its not good enough
-the customers and making their dream dress come to life
Pros
-working with people and having a hand in a growing company
Cons
-store manager and dm not supportive and having no one to turn to
Active environment full with emotions
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 2, 2013
At work the bridal stylist assist brides that have appointment and walk-ins. Help bride pick out there dress and accessories for the wedding. I learned how to update customers information using many different software programs. Make follow up calls about dress arrival and come back appointments. At this job we worked independently and as a team. The hardest part of the job was to overcome customers stalls about dresses. Most enjoyable part was achieving a delighted bride.
Dynamic, customer oriented workplace
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington,TXOctober 23, 2013
Working at Alfred Angelo has given me the experience needed to handle relationships with customers. Interacting with customers is the key aspect in any business. I have leaned databases that we use to interact with our processing house and also maintaining client information. I was promoted from stylist doing mostly sales to more operational tasks. Having the knowledge how to work the sales floor and doing the "behind the scenes" tasks helped me shape as an employee.
Great Job
Packaging/Computer Assistant  (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 11, 2013
I was there for a short time, people are friendly, even the managers.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
all in day in a warehouse.
put up dresses
Dress Runner (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 3, 2013
greet customers
get and put up dresses
co workers were kinda rude
hardest part of the job was not being able to please a customer
Pros
seeing soon to be brides happy
Cons
not being able to help a customer
Not what yoi expect
bridal stylist (Former Employee) –  Louisiana April 28, 2013
Management is horrible!. Pay is low for what you do as well. The time management is horrible and not enough workers to swap weekends. You will literally have no life. Also favoritism on the job and shady people. I would not work here.
Pros
Cons
Low pay and no scheduled breaks
Fun to work with the customers
Bridal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 17, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the customers and helping them with what they needed. I enjoyed talking to the customers about their wedding coming up and hearing their ideas on what they wanted for their wedding as well. I did not like how some of the people that worked there talked to the customers and to each other, it created tension between everyone and I personally didn't like it. The hardest part of the job were carrying heavy gowns. The co-workers there some were extremely nice and helped me out with getting adjusted to the place and others had their space and only wanted just that. I was trained mostly by the assistant manager but was supposed to be trained by the main manager. I had problems asking questions to the manager, but mostly asked the assistant manager when ever they were in the next time I worked. I also went to go on a normal lunch break which was suppose to be an hour and as soon as I got on break about 5 minutes later I was called to work again without me eating anything. I did however, learn a lot from this company about how many different dresses there were and it did give me an idea to what I wanted for my wedding.
Pros
worked wih fun customers
Cons
paid only 7.50/hr and some workers were hard to work with
Great place to work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 17, 2012
Great place to work. Ecellent benefits. Easy working enviroment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alfred Angelo. Our community is ready to answer.