Alfred State College Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place
Resident Assistant and Residential Life Staff (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYApril 20, 2016
I love working here as it has given me many opportunities to grow as a person and be a part of the community of which I am attending college.
Fun and calm environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 22, 2015
I was hired as a work-study student. I worked in various offices developing projects and gaining excellent team building, organizing,and office duties experience.
Productive, and understanding work place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 3, 2015
Very understanding with student's schedule. Co-workers are great and friendly. Hours are made by oneself, hours may be limited depending on how busy one's schedule already is.
Learning Environment
Technical Department Intern (Former Employee) –  AlfredFebruary 9, 2015
Great environment to learn about new technology, no room for growth or advancement. Great people and staff, in a secluded area.
Creative Environment
Civic Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Planned and executed civic engagement related events based on campus availability and budget allowances.
Advised individuals and groups on campus in creating events to support civic engagement and cause awareness.
Educated and supervised others on civic engagement. Ran and participated in multiple leadership and educational programs.
Great Place to Learn while at the same time having fun doing it.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellsville, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Awesome place to go if you want to learn about automotive education. The instructors are great they know how to teach, while at the same time they explain things in a different way that logically makes sense and will allow you to learn that much easier and not forget what you learned the day before. A work like atmosphere is created the moment you walk through the door which is the absolute best way to prepare you for the real world and the craziness of life.
Pros
set up like your average automotive shop
Cons
not enough hours in the day to learn all the information you could.
Comfortable Workplace
Technical Leadership Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYJanuary 9, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of doing rounds in a suite making sure that all clubs are satisfied. I learned how to deal with multiple task at one time in a challenging environment. The management did not know how to organize there task that were on hand. My co-workers look at me as a leader. The hardest part of the job is drawing a line when you are working to hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting professionals and helping them develop an outlook of the suite that I was organizing.
Cons
limit on how many hours you can work.
Great Commradary
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred NYAugust 30, 2013
Co-workers were great to work with. Any snags in the job or problems we needed help with addressing they were right there to help.
Review Summary
CIT Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYJune 27, 2013
Project-based learning is a cornerstone of our Alfred State culture. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think. As a result, Alfred State has a 99% employment and transfer rate.
I got a chance to talk to a lot of amazing people and learn things about other people's college experiences besides my own
Phone a thon Caller (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 21, 2013
I would arrive at work from 6 to 9pm Monday through Thursday. I learned how to speak to people to whom I did not know in a confident way. My manager and supervisors were always very helpful. My co-workers and I always had a fun time while calling. The hardest part about my job was getting people to talk to me that were not necessarily interested in donating to the school. The best part about my job was to hear other people's experiences.
Party School
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYApril 29, 2012
Far enough from home to gain independence, but close enough to come back on the weekends to visit. Had the best experience as a student and staff member
Productive working atmosphere where teachers show you how to handle working in the real world
Welder (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMarch 22, 2012
Alfred State College is a very good school to go to if anyone is looking at pursuing a trade. This college has many different majors to pick from and a very good group of teachers who are the very best in the area at what they do. Young students can learn trades from culinary arts, heavy equipment and diesel, building construction etc.
Pros
you will learn everything hands on
Cons
classes start early in the morning, they will get finished around the afternoon

4.2