Alfred University Employee Reviews

Tough sell to prospective players
Grad Assistant Coach Women's Basketball (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYJune 11, 2017
The coaching staff tried very hard, but underachieved. Tough place to recruit students to. Out in the middle of nowhere in western ny. Biggest city around the school is Hornell, NY. Unless the recruits are interested in Art or Engineering you really don't have a competitive edge over other schools in the conference or in general. Girls try hard and do care. Are genuinely coachable, just not as talented as the competition. Program doesn't have a history of success so you can't use that as a selling point either. Facilities are being updated but are still rather antiquated.
Pros
Good experience, Staff and Management were supportive
Cons
Poor quality of players and facilites
Crazy snow drifts
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYJune 6, 2017
The Alfred University Equestrian Center has some of the craziest snow drifts I've ever seen. There have been days where it takes hours to dig just the doors out, only to have them drift back in 20 minutes later!
A preview of my life as a full-time employee
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 24, 2017
Although I was employed as a Graduate Assistant, I was able to get a better understanding of what is expected and required of an exceptional employee.

I am grateful for this opportunity because it better prepared me for the tasks and challenges that I will encounter as a full time employee!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 10, 2017
Great work place. I learned so much from the supportive administration of Alfred University as their work ethic is suburb. I enjoyed my time at the school.
Productive and student friendly environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 5, 2017
Since it is a college campus, the environment has to remain student friendly. Everyone there is very understanding of the impact that student life has on someones work performance.
Great Job
Game Day Operations (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 4, 2017
Very rewarding job. The pay was minimum, however the people were all very nice. I got to work will all of the sports teams, which was very enjoyable. It was hard work some days, however the boss is more than willing to work around your class schedule.
Fun Productive work area
Web Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYMay 1, 2017
The bosses are great. The environment is great. I would reccomend this location for any web developer who is just starting out their career in the area.
Small campus, the students make the campus what it is
Business Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYApril 29, 2017
The students have the power to make the university what it is. Classes are small in number and it allows the 1 on 1 connection with the professors. There are many clubs on campus.
Good experience
School Psychologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYApril 6, 2017
As an unpaid intern at Hornell City School District, I was given the chance to learn about the role of a school psychologist first hand. It was a great experience and allowed me to see that I love this role.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Unpaid
This is not a job company
Costume Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYJanuary 25, 2017
This is not a job company it has many majors keeps students busy student culture is limited it is very cold close to canada
Good
Admissions Office Assistant/Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Alfred is a good school, and the people I worked with during my time there were smart, funny, and all around good people. I was a work study student so it never was an issue if I needed a day off for school reasons.
well prepared laboratory with competent staff
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYJanuary 11, 2017
It was a great place to work and the project were very interesting. The lack of hours for undergraduate students was too much to continue my work there
An amazing University
Member of Student Managed Investment Fund (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYOctober 28, 2016
Alfred University is a small and unique school. It offers a great education and a place to make real relationships with your professors. The professors give you a lot of personalized attention. The campus has a great atmosphere and beautiful scenery.
Pros
Professors, community, and education
Cons
Cold, campus food
Great Place to go to graduate school
Tenured Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYJune 22, 2016
Temple University is a great place to pursue your Ph.D Degree. A typical day is basically taking some courses and working on my research projects. Co-workers are great!
Pros
Healthcare is keystone.
Cons
comfortable and laid back environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYMarch 18, 2016
Working for Alfred University as a lifeguard has been a great experience for me. Working for Alfred University has given me the opportunity for me to get to know the people of the community a little more. They worked around my school schedule and avoided giving me too many hours. Overall experience is and has been great.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Can only work so many hours around my class schedule
Hands-on Research University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Great school to obtain engineering degrees from. Small size forces graduate students to take on many responsibilities and gain experience in multiple areas with laboratory equipment, including operation, interpretation, and repair/maintenance. Also teaches excellent multi-tasking and time management skills as the small size causes engineering graduate students to act as teaching assistants, assistant undergraduate advisors, and research assistants, all in addition to their own studies and research. Great place to prepare for the demands of industry.
Pros
Class size, Lab equipment
Cons
Low wages, boring area
Student work-study availability only
Powell Campus Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYNovember 4, 2015
This location is good for Alfred University students to work in with complex class schedule. Great supervisors and support system.
great school and community
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alfred, NYAugust 4, 2015
Had a great time attending there and I believe the professors there and everyone who worked in the county was happy with their jobs and enjoyed life as well.
Fun Atmosphere
Lacrosse coach (Current Employee) –  Alfred, NYJune 1, 2015
The job was fun and enjoyable but also kept me very busy. Balancing a job and school is certainly not easy. Working with the players to get the most out of them is always exciting when its successful. Love teaching and loved learning.
Great place to learn and work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  EngineeringApril 15, 2015
My experience at AU has been wonderful. Although the majority of it was solely as a student, I have had the opportunity to work their also. I have worked as a Resident assistant, researcher, lab assistant and teaching assistant and all have helped me grow personally and professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alfred University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3