Alhambra Unified School District Employee Reviews

Good for those who either want to make a difference or stay on autopilot
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 20, 2017
A typical day involves positive interaction with the students and make sure they are safe and active. Management depends on which site that I am at. Some are positive and welcoming, some sites are austere. The pay and work/life balance is good. The limit of hours to work for the sake of not having to offer benefits to hourly workers is not. Not much in terms of advancement, must have the right connections. In most cases(there are exceptions), they know who they want to hire before interviews have even start.
Pros
Decent pay. Good Schedule.
Cons
Lack of benefits. Workplace culture not the most inspiring
Fun and challenging workplace
Afterschool Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 15, 2017
I love working as an After School Program Leader. Everyday is a fun new challenge to create activities and lesson plans for the students that hone their abilities and enrich their learning experiences. Working as an After School Program Leader has taught me to multitask productively, be flexible in case of unexpected changes, and to communicate efficiently with my coworkers and supervisors.
good place to work for a student
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 12, 2017
As a college student, I needed something that paid well and was part time. The afterschool program position that AUSD offered was a good way for me to further my education and gain experience with children in a school setting and learn administrative work while writing lesson plans.
Pros
job security
Cons
no benefits, only work 9 months out of the year
Excellent customer experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2017
Work very will with other I am a fast learner love to work with the public and I love working and helping children I hardly ever call in I have a excellent work history
Pros
What it has to offer
Cons
Retirement insurance
Fun workplace
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 10, 2017
Overall Good place to work at. I would recommend working here or at any school district even though you are part time there are still many perks that other jobs do not offer.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Interrupted breaks
The worst place to work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  FremontMay 19, 2017
the Alhambra school district, it was the worst job I been. the school I was working the manager it was so hard to deal with it , several times she scream at the students and employees under her, refuses meals to students that didn't have the money for they lunches every student is afraid of her. She work at Fremont Elementary school.
Pros
There's nice people working there, the students are very sweet.
Cons
Food service management it discriminate against Hispanic.
Perfect
Board Operator/ Stage crew (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 26, 2017
This job is a good place for students to start training and learning about how to work and get tasks done on a schedule, pleasing the guest that are using the facility and the people that come in for performances.
Worked In High School Theatre
Stage Crew (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CADecember 29, 2016
Working for the High Schools theatre, you come in whenever someone rents out the space. So work is every once in awhile. You set up the stage the way the customer wants it. (Sets, Props, Lighting, Sound, Managing House)
Pros
Fun experience, Free Shows
Cons
Short breaks, Work about every 4 months
Enjoy working for the school district
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I like working for the school district and in a school setting. The staff at both schools I work with are wonderful. One on one with the school nurse and students.
Professional and caring educators
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CASeptember 24, 2015
The teachers and administrators I work with are professional and caring people who work hard for their students. It is disappointing that the school district doesn't offer a full time position for Intervention Specialists that would provide the specialists with more financial stability as well health insurance.
Pros
Good teachers and schools
Cons
No healthcare, no full time position
great work environment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMay 27, 2015
The staff is great to work with. They are willing to collaborate and work together. Communication is great and work is very productive.
great
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  San GabrielApril 13, 2015
Easy job, as long as you have patience. Teenagers are not the easiest kids to work with but in the end they listen. The track team is getting better and the work environment is great relaxing, fun, and stress free.
Great District to work for.
Substitute Teacher K-8 (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAFebruary 4, 2015
In the absence of the regular teacher, my responsibility was to carry out the day as normal, which included but not limited; lesson plans, classroom management, incorporate technology an grade assignments.
Summary
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 23, 2014
• Facilitated student learning
• Implemented teacher lessons
• Monitored student progress
No student left behind!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 22, 2014
Always busy, learned many skills and tricks from fellow workers, awesome management and team players, great place to work.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Cook/Manager (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAFebruary 23, 2014
My day starts early with production and staging transport. I coordinate with drivers about product going out and any changes to schedules. I've learned when dealing with high volumes of product going out on a daily basis you need to be extremely organized and need to preform under pressure and deadlines. I've also learned how to manager and delegate duties to a large crew and work with higher management in achieving daily goals. The most enjoyable part of my job in being a part of helping our students receive a well balanced meal.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
limited staff
Fun work place but very busy .
Senior Custodian (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAFebruary 12, 2014
The first thing that I do is make sure the campus is secure and safe for staff and students then turn alarms off and open up the facilities. What I have learn in this job is more responsibility In taking charge off the ordering and distribution of supplies.and assuring that the facilities are kept in a safe and healthy working conditions.. Co- workers are more then willing to come to me if they have any concerns or need any help. I am more then willing to go out off my way to assits with what I can. The hards part off my job would be having to address the same issues and having no results. The most enjoyable part of my job would be when every thing is over and every one is happy with the end result...
very good district
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 22, 2014
typical day:work 4hours@one school, lunch 4hrs. @ another school
learned:that I am very skilled at what I do and I always get the job done
management: there OK
co workers:get along great
hardest part of job:time
most enjoyable:pay check
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long probation
Simple
Badminton Coach, San Gabriel High (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 11, 2014
Very Short term coaching experience. Worked with youth and mentoring was a great experience but was short lived. Very Strict short hours.
nothing to report
CLERICAL ASSISTANCE (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAAugust 20, 2013
This was a per diem position working at various school campuses throughout the district.
Each day presented a different experience, which is usually the case when working with families and children
Cons
not enough work hours