Alice + Olivia Employee Reviews

Fun Fashion
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 25, 2017
The company is great if you work for the brand within a department store. Boutique life is a little more challenging due to maintaining 100% of the operations required.
Salary was small
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
There was a lot of work done behind the scenes that was not compensated for. Co workers were chatty with one another. The discount was nice, but the company culture was not good.
Not recommended
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
Very difficult environment to succeed in. Lack of compensation and recognition for long hours and hard work. High turn over, aggressive environment and unhappy culture within the company.
Not a positive work culture
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2016
Typical retail job, is fun at times. Must be able to clientele which is the fun part of the job. Hardest part of the job is they want you to harass clients and have them spend thousands a month and when you do not convince the client to spend there monthly you will be in trouble.
Pros
co-workers in your store
Cons
upper management outside of your store
Great place to work if you are sales driven
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
All management responsible for meeting/ exceeding sales goals. Very competitive environment but there are endless opportunities for aggressive sellers and those passionate about a business built around a client focus.
Being A Part of the Production Team
Assistant Production Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Typically I get in early before the sampleroom team, check emails, import electronic fies as neccessary, digitize paper patterns, check production yields, grade patterns, print out patterns. I've learned everthing about my current job postion from my current boss because I was new to the industry. It can be hectic with a new season of a line opening.
Pros
Summer Fridays, off weekends
Cons
Commute, co-workers, Compensation
Hard work, never a dull moment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJuly 1, 2015
Typical day of work includes:

performing operations such as resolving negatives, updating employee productivity, execute daily goal for store, review resumes, coach staff on sales floor, plan consignments, close out on current consignments, create in store appointments, fulfill transfers, organize e-mails, paperwork.
Pros
Learn new skills in operations, and analytical thinking
Cons
No room for growth, no competitive pay or benefits
Close commute from home
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 3, 2014
Plenty of work to keep me busy. I learned a lot doing Accounts Payable.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too much turnover
great experience for entry level individuals
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Very frequent turnover and work is just spread out amongst remaining employees and you aren't compensated financially for your work.
Pros
Cons
Over-worked, underpaid
Great place to learn the ins and outs of the fashion industry!
Product Development Assistant  (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2013
* Wore many hats
* Day to day was constantly changing which kept the job exciting as well as challenging
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York CityMarch 15, 2013
Alice + Olivia is a great company. It's a fast paced environment and you learn a lot working for the company. The only downside is they completely take advantage of their interns There is no pay and you receive no benefits. I started working there 3 days a week from 10-5 which quickly turned into 5 days a week from 9-7. I worked there for 6 months every day and received nothing in return. They are not understanding about other obligations you have and give you a hard time when you take a day off. I've had other internships before and have never experienced such lack of respect for someone who is working until 7 every night completely unpaid. You don't even receive the clothes at wholesale or a discount. At the end of my Internship they gave me an old bottle of Champagne that was laying around the office for days and a hug. Although I learned a lot at this company and it was a great growing experience I wouldn't recommend this internship. You can easily find a internship that you receive that same experience under a prestigious name but also get the respect you deserve, like DVF or tibi.
its a good work place
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  new york nyOctober 31, 2012
good work place, and alot of room for growth
nice co workers
great work environment
Review
Fashion Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2012
My prior training and education has prepared me for an experience with Mango and I believe your team can benefit from my creativity, hard work and never-ending enthusiasm to learn. In addition , I was fortunate enough to intern at Alice + Olivia where hands on experiences provided me with many skills in the fashion industry such as, merchandising, interacting with high-end clients/buyers, handling administrative duties for the department sales manager, preparing for market and selling meetings, and taking on sample coordinator duties. Also working as a Salon manager I developed stronger leadership skills managing six stylist. Not to mention I have seasoned retail background experience that goes beyond my resume. Overall, I am a detail-oriented person, a self-starter, very organized, I understand the significance of time in this industry and I enjoy working with teams and getting tasks done in a timely fashion.