Alkar Human Resources Employee Reviews in United States

Alkar is great to work with!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 27, 2015
I enjoy working for Alkar. I have been working for this company since 2006 and have always loved the company. I recommend this staffing agency to my friends and family. I always reach out to Alkar if I am looking for work, between jobs or want to find a great team of people to work with. They are excellent for temporary work.
Pros
The team at Alkar Human Resources is fun and friendly, they are interested in helping you find a position that works for you, I truly love working for Alkar Human Resources. They pay weekly, so go to work and do a great job because you will be rewarded.
Cons
I do not have any benefits or job security since I am in a temporary position.
Excellent
Administration (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 7, 2015
Worked with them for years and they are always professional, polite and great to work with. They have found me great opportunities as well.
Temporary placement agency
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 2, 2015
I had the opportunity to work in several different companies while with Alkar.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of benefits and the low pay with little chance of the temp to hire actually becoming anything other than temporary placement.
I found it enjoyable however to see how different companies operated.
Pros
Helping different companies achieve profit goals
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, and not being hired to a permanent position
Review
Customer Svc Agent/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 3, 2015
Coworkers were amazing. There were times management lacked control but eventually got it together. I was able to move up fast and add structure to many chaotic situations.
Alkar Staffing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 4, 2014
As a staffing agency the work required varied on what branch was called. Working for different companies helped broaden my sense of how management runs businesses. Gained more common sense skills as the job requirements were straight forward, but completely repetitious. Overall they have been helpful.
Productive fun workplace many diffrent experiences through this company
Busser,dishwasher,pack&ship,labor etc.. (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 27, 2012
Many diffrent experiences/jobs through Alkar Human Resources.I Have had experience bussing the bigger majority of the time and when i wasnt doing that i was packing and shipping for another company in Napa,CA.Also ive done landscaping a few times when they needed extra help.Im open and willing to try new things whenever the oppurtunity is given.
The supervisors there are great!
Administrative Assistent (Current Employee) –  napa, caJanuary 6, 2014
I enjoy working at Alkar, although I would like something more long term.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
not enough work
Friendly, helpful and encouraging staff members
Office Assistant at K & W KITCHENS (Current Employee) –  suisun city, CANovember 11, 2014
Alkar human resources is a Temp Agency who has been sending me to work at K&W Kitchens. The staff at Alkar Human Resources are very helpful in trying to match their employees with the best job they are suited for. Whenever I have a question or a situation arises, the staff are very prompt in finding the answers or solutions.

My daily routine at K&W Kitchens consists of general office duties such as filing, making copies, and answering the phone. I submit orders online and via phone. When packages are delivered I check them against the purchase order and place them in the warehouse. When there are customers, I show them the different types of material that we offer for their kitchen or bathroom remodeling projects. I explain how the pricing of the materials are in regards to an in home estimate.
My job site consists of myself, the owner and 5 other co-workers. The owner of the business is out in the field most of the time and is in and out of the office on a daily basis. Myself and my supervisor work in the front office while the other four employees work out in the workshop. Because of the time limit that is given to build the items for the remodeling projects, there is not much interaction amongst the co-workers and myself unless there are questions or concerns regarding materials or purchases.
I enjoy working at K&W Kitchens because the owner is very flexible and easy going. The hardest part of my job is making sure that correct parts and materials are ordered, there is no room for any mistake. Due to the different materials including designs and colors that the customer's
  more... choose, we do not stock any items and order them only when a customer signs a contract. If an item is ordered incorrectly then that delays the manufacturing process and slows the whole company down. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I stay busy and it makes the day go by fast.  less
Pros
close to home, flexible hours
Cons
part-time, temp position, if hired on full-time there is no health care or 401k

4.3