Alkar Human Resources Employee Reviews

Temporary placement agency
Various Positions (Former Employee), Napa, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Helping different companies achieve profit goals
Cons: Low pay, no benefits, and not being hired to a permanent position
I had the opportunity to work in several different companies while with Alkar.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of benefits and the low pay with little chance of the temp to hire actually becoming anything other than temporary placement.
I found it enjoyable however to see how different companies operated.
Friendly, helpful and encouraging staff members
Office Assistant at K & W KITCHENS (Current Employee), suisun city, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: close to home, flexible hours
Cons: part-time, temp position, if hired on full-time there is no health care or 401k
Alkar human resources is a Temp Agency who has been sending me to work at K&W Kitchens. The staff at Alkar Human Resources are very helpful in trying to match their employees with the best job they are suited for. Whenever I have a question or a situation arises, the staff are very prompt in finding the answers or solutions.

My daily routine at K&W Kitchens consists of general office duties such as filing, making copies, and answering the phone. I submit orders online and via phone. When packages are delivered I check them against the purchase order and place them in the warehouse. When there are customers, I show them the different types of material that we offer for their kitchen or bathroom remodeling projects. I explain how the pricing of the materials are in regards to an in home estimate.
My job site consists of myself, the owner and 5 other co-workers. The owner of the business is out in the field most of the time and is in and out of the office on a daily basis. Myself and my supervisor work in the front office while the other four employees work out in the workshop. Because of the time limit that is given to build the items for the remodeling projects, there is not much interaction amongst the co-workers and myself unless there are questions or concerns regarding materials or purchases.
I enjoy working at K&W Kitchens because the owner is very flexible and easy going. The hardest part of my job is making sure that correct parts and materials are ordered, there is no room for any mistake. Due to the different materials including designs and colors that the customer's choose, we do not stock any items and order them only when a customer signs a contract. If an item is ordered incorrectly then that delays the manufacturing process and slows the whole company down. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I stay busy and it makes the day go by fast.
Alkar Staffing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Napa, CANovember 4, 2014
As a staffing agency the work required varied on what branch was called. Working for different companies helped broaden my sense of how management runs businesses. Gained more common sense skills as the job requirements were straight forward, but completely repetitious. Overall they have been helpful.
The supervisors there are great!
Administrative Assistent (Current Employee), napa, caJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not enough work
I enjoy working at Alkar, although I would like something more long term.
Productive fun workplace many diffrent experiences through this company
Busser,dishwasher,pack&ship,labor etc.. (Former Employee), Napa, CAMay 27, 2012
Many diffrent experiences/jobs through Alkar Human Resources.I Have had experience bussing the bigger majority of the time and when i wasnt doing that i was packing and shipping for another company in Napa,CA.Also ive done landscaping a few times when they needed extra help.Im open and willing to try new things whenever the oppurtunity is given.