ALKEM LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The DM is ok and the rest at the higher management the thing is they lack of urgency in terms of the needs of my doctors.
Medical Representative (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 6, 2017
I can say that Alkem is such a great company. The boss is not strict actually she is helping us to seek for some additional sales. And I learned a lot in this company. The staffs taught me on how to get the doctor and convert him or her to be a prescriber and the most important thing I learned to be patient. My co-workers are hospitable and they are guiding me since I am the youngest among the team. But my problem is the management has no sense of urgency and support. I am enjoying working at Alkem but maybe I need a company that is well organized and supports the needs of their employees.
Pros
Good Salary and benefits
Cons
Hard to gain incentives
Not recommended if relocating from out of state
Project Operator (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 6, 2017
The work floor and load is average for any pharmaceutical company, great and friendly coworkers.

Employees from India were also a pleasure to work with, great appreciation for your expertise.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Upper Management does not value skilled workforce they acquire.
Managers Need Improvement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 4, 2017
This is a growing company, but the head of operations and the head of the quality department (they run the site) are some of the worst managers. They are rude and condescending, and I have heard both of them making fun of employees. They make bad decisions and they act like "experts" in areas where they have no experience at all. These .two are dangerous.

We had a company bbq last week and neither of them walked around and talked to the employees. The head of operations sat away from everyone else with back turned to the employees. Rude and arrogant. Ruined the entire event.

Very old school and have no idea what it takes to motivate and retain millennials. Not progressive at all. They will drive all good employees away.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Pay, top management, old school, dangerous
Poorly managed and unorganized company
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 18, 2017
Leadership starts from the top and this company is lacking in any meaningful leadership. The director level of management is rude, condescending, and arrogant. Multiple employees have complained about this behavior to deaf ears.
Pros
Cons
Indian owned company that does not value their employees.
Excellent place to work at.
QA Validation Manager (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 16, 2016
Alkem is an excellent company with a good management. Excellent and hard working, compromised employees. It is a wonderfull place to work at.
Alkem Laboratory is the worst company
Operator (Former Employee) –  saint louisJuly 16, 2016
Alkem Laboratory in Saint Louis is a very dangerous working place.
The Management is very very bad.

People should be very careful when consider to work in this place.
If you do not find any job, then you can consider this company.

The health insurance is the worst. The vacation is also the worst.

Several left the company for the last few months.

Comment – September 29, 2016

Very bad management. There is no appreciation even if you work 12-14 hours in a day.
Lots of conspiracy within the top management

July 25, 2017

Alkem Labs in Fenton, MO had a complete management change in December 2015. A new Site Head was put in place in January 2017, and a new Director of Quality was hired in the fall of 2016. The benefits packages at Alkem have also significantly improved. As Alkem continues to grow from a company of 20 something into a company of 100+ employees, the benefits packages and additional company services will continue to expand as well.

Great small company with great benefits
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 5, 2016
Although I worked at Alkemist Labs for a little under a year, I enjoyed my time there. The CEO, CSO, and most of the other people employed there were very nice and pleasant to talk to. Since it is a small company, you can feel the bond and relationship one has with another. The employer really cared for their employees and showed their appreciation by offering great benefits, flexibility with family, and fun events (not to mention great vacation and PTO). They are also providing management with training and other courses to benefit their employees. Although it is a small family owned company, they are really making a mark on the industry! I would have definitely stayed there if a recruiter did not present me with an offer that broaden my skills and opportunities.

The Order Processing Specialist job was not much of a challenge and can get boring because of the daily repetition of tasks but I left before I started my Development Plan. I'm sure if I stayed past a year new responsibilities would have been given to me based on the development plan.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly people
Cons
Small company so I was worry about my growth opportunities
July 25, 2017

The above comment does not have anything to do with Alkem Labs in Fenton, MO. Alkem Labs does not have facilities in Costa Mesa, CA.

Supportive management team, kind-hearted and work-oriented
Medical Representative (Current Employee) –  North Metro ManilaJanuary 20, 2015
I usually starts at 9 in the morning and ends at 7 in the evening. My area is within North Metro Manila. I visit doctors in my list and promote to them our carried quality products. I also ask them if they want to order and purchase our products. I learned how to deal with different kind of people and not to be shy. The management is very supportive and wants to meet our goals. My co-workers are helpful. For me, meeting the monthly quota may be hardest part right now. Most enjoyable is dealing with the doctors and clients, and of course, the activities that we are doing.
Pros
free meals and transpo, activities with the clients
Cons
high targets and immobilization
July 25, 2017

The above comment has nothing to do with Alkem Labs in Fenton, MO. Alkem Labs does not have a facility in North Metro Manila.

Marketing Executive at Mahboob Nagar Head Quarter (Former Employee) –  Mahbubnagar,APSeptember 6, 2013
Uticare is a Division of ALKEM LABORATORIES.I started my career with organisation.Promoted products for all segments.