Alkermes Employee Reviews

Good work life balance and poor job security, management and Job culture.
Director (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 23, 2016
Alkermes has an exceptional work life balance and compensation but very poor leadership at the Director level. The company does not promote collaboration between groups and in fact reprimands employees who desire to learn about and meet other key stakeholders that may affect your work. The company in my experience has inadequate training programs that are job specific and expects you to perform at a high level with zero to no training or guidance regarding your Job. The business has a culture of working in silos with strict restrictions on being able to communicate with other people across the organization. Be aware that when you interview for the company the team sells the opportunity to collaborate and bring new ideas, but when you do they may come at the cost of your continued employment. The company is still developing new process and is still junior in this area.
Pros
Good work life balance and compensation
Cons
SIlo's, culture of no communication or idea sharing.
Would not recommend working here
Clinical Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 26, 2016
I went through a temp agency for this position and was only there for 3 months when they made plans to shut down my line of work to add on to it so they had to get rid of people and was fired without any notice. I got the call after working hours on the Friday before Christmas, I was in the middle of watching my family open Christmas presents at the time. I did not have background in the field so everything was new to me. I tried so hard to learn everything I could and nobody seemed willing to help and many other temps also felt this way as well. They were extremely unorganized and very unprofessional. I don't even know why they would've hired me along with other people if they knew they wouldn't need us three months down the road.
Great startup biotech
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  worcester/western maAugust 23, 2016
Great company in its infancy before becoming a major CNS player. I currently promote Aristada Injection to all Institutions, CMHC's, and private practice psychiatrists in the Worcester/Western, Ma area.
Pros
Communication with all levels within the organization.
Cons
very large territories
love it
Validation Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 23, 2016
it is a great place to work, with great people. very fast paced and willing to help people move up into higher positions if they have the skills.
a great place to work
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 5, 2016
A great company helping to improve peoples lives!

A great culture as well!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Fun loving environment
QA Professional (III) (Current Employee) –  Gainsville GANovember 8, 2014
People are generally friendly and communicate well. Room to grow and learn inside after hire. Promotions are available with time. Great benefits and retirement plans. They really care and want people to be happy and taken care of.
Cons
Company growing, and is tight on money. May be hard to get salary you want, or annual increases.
Productive during hours and social get togethers off hours
Process Development Temp (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 9, 2013
Excellent company. Great environment, lots of room to grow and advance your career. Would work there again given the chance.
Contract job - GMP experience
Analytical Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 5, 2015
I wasn't there very long so but it was a great environment to learn about GMP. People, and culture was great and there was great teamwork.
Excellent and caring company for which to work.
Quality Control Laboratory Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 21, 2014
This company takes care of its employees and creates a good environment in which to develop your skill set and further your career.
Great Products
Senior Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 17, 2015
Be clear about the role and responsibility during the interview process
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Poor management style
It was a wonderful place to work with many benefits. The people were friendly and great to work with. I learned many things.
Manufacturing Associate II (Visual Inspector) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Alkermes. I learned a lot about the Pharmaceutical Industry. Now I understand why some medicines are so costly.
Pros
It recently added a cafe and work out room.
Cons
Not all departments were treated the same.
inspector of medicines before formulated into capsule form
Pharmaceutical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 18, 2012
Inspected medicine powders before formulating into medicine capsules, Learning procedure for medicine production steps.Staying seated almost the whole 10 hrs. Some requirements for job not so rewarding . Rewarding part of job was Making boxes and filling them with medicine to be accounted for and documented and put in the freezer for holding till ready for capsule filling.
Enjoyed working there
Executive Assistant to SVP (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 8, 2012
Quiet office.
Nice people.
I was only a temp there so I am not in the position to be writing a review of the company. I enjoyed my experience there and it seems like it would be a great place to work long term.
Pros
people
Cons
cafeteria
Specialty Injectable Sales
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 5, 2014
The product is great and the accounts that work within the market are very dedicated to their patients.