A premier commercial construction company with a prestigious list of national retail chains as its primary customer base is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager at its northern New Jersey offices. This individual must be a highly motivated self starter with strong project management skills to control and administer local and remote projects ranging from renovations to ground up construction. Highly professional demeanor and performance expected to work with clients and others while delivering projects in tight time frames often in occupied locations. This is a fast paced environment requiring a high level of customer satisfaction with quality work delivered on time and in budget. The position offers a great opportunity to grow with a dynamic and rapidly expanding company.
- A minimum for 7 years experience as Construction Project Manager in the commercial construction industry working on small to mid-sized projects from commercial renovations through ground up construction. Must be able to manage projects with complex interrelationships between client, suppliers, workforce and agencies which must be completed in tight time frames. Experience in retail construction is essential. Experience in residential construction is of minimal value.
- Strong skills in creating project plans and tracking against them to achieve desired results. Ability to cause projects to be completed on time and in budget is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work with clients, suppliers, agencies, on site workforce and internal departments creating team work and resolving problems with minimum disruption, conflicts or contradictory objectives.
- Experience and knowledge of job site safety standards, methodologies and programs is important.
- Strong ability with 5+ years experience analyzing specifications, drawings, construction contracts and other documents to accurately determine requirements and deliverables. Ability to perform takeoffs, order materials, identify and obtain required permits.
- Strong skills in managing subcontractors including bid package preparation, skills assessment, job contracts and commitments, expediting, payment control, quality control and job wrap-up management.
- Proven ability to capture status and update internal systems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Willingness to travel in the Northeast corridor, supporting jobs from Maine to North Carolina.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities and keeping others informed.
- Self motivated, self starter that will follow procedures and not require constant supervision or direction by upper management.
- Problem solver, who identifies problems, resolves them and suggests improvements to policies / procedures to prevent them from reoccurring.
Benefits: Company benefits include paid vacation and sick leave. A health insurance plan is also available with employee contribution to premiums.
Salary range: Base Salary (commensurate with experience) plus performance bonus
Indeed - 15 months ago