All About Kids Employee Reviews

Great work-life balance. Fair pay. Room for Growth.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 30, 2017
I have been working at All About Kids full time. The workplace culture is excellent and extremely conducive to productivity. Like any company, the job comes with challenges but management wants nothing more than to see employees succeed. The internal structure is set up smoothly to allow effective communication between departments. Unlimited room to grow.
Pros
reasonable hours, room for growth, great salary, great communication
Hostile work environment/Very Disorganized
Staff (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 25, 2017
Very low pay, lack of training, employees are miserable, they don't offer raises or bonuses, only 10 vacation days for the first 3 years, sick days never increase and either do personal days, the positive ratings on here are from staff that were asked to write a positive review, management does not make an effort to listen to its employees nor do they seem to care about its employees, the health and dental insurance is horrible and very expensive, they are not "all about kids," they care only about money and how to save a penny.
Co-workers amazing, Corporate horrific
clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 22, 2017
I felt my coworkers were helpful. I didn't feel challenge. Wasn't much of a learning experience. management had favorites. I appreciate some supervisors who always helped.Personally Early Intervention has its flaws as a whole. But this agency is not practical. They see parents as a dollar value and squezze every oz. they can from the workers and the parents. Therapist are constantly complaining that they arent getting paid and well the employees bless there hearts (not management) the operations team try with what little they have. The turn over is insane and although many try to stay and make it work this company is a dead end. Like i said E.I. has many flaws but companies like this don't make it any easier. stay away from this agency whether your a therapist or a parent. although a small community their are many agency to choose from avoid the aggravation its not worth it.
My review of Sunflower Kidz Da Care
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 27, 2017
I come at 8 a.m, sometimes 7:30 a.m, to work. I have learned to work as a team member. I have learned how to manage staff. I have learned how to manage difficulties when they arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how the children grow over a period of time.
Pros
working with dedicated staff
Cons
no health benefits
Great Company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
All About Kids is a great agency to work for. I been working with this company for the past 4 years going on 5 now and I have no complains. At All About Kids everyone works together as a team. I will recommend this agency to anyone that is currently looking for an employment since working for All About Kids feels like working with family.
Pros
All About Kids is a great company to grow as an employer.
Cons
No Cons
Great Place to work! Nice and knowledgeable staff!
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Plainview Corporate office at AAKMarch 21, 2017
All About Kids is a great place to work. The staff is highly knowledgeable and work as team players. The therapists are highly qualified and screened for this purpose. The company's philosophy "we care" extends to therapists, parents and office staff as well.... Truly a great company to work for!
Pros
Great and knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
demanding workload
All About Kids (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 20, 2017
From the interview process through onboarding, this is a great place to work! They take time to listen to your concerns and opinions, it's a diverse workplace, and everyone is super friendly. If you put the work in, you will see great results. As an employee, I feel respected, valued, and part of a team. I have learned how to be more professional, while staying in touch with my team members. The building is new and clean, nice coffee shop too.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff, good compensation
Grow As A Professional
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 20, 2017
All About Kids has a fast paced environment that helps you grow as a professional. Skills gained include project management, time efficiency, peer to peer building, and regulations knowledge.

All About Kids' staff are friendly and team oriented. The company offers good benefits and has an overall good working environment.
Pros
Longevity, Healthcare Benefits, Location, Nice Staff
Cons
Sometimes work pace/workload can be over the top, but so can most jobs.
Only if you really HAVE to
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 3, 2017
disorganized. sat around for 5 days with no training- could not get help or training from anyone. high turnover, everyone i spoke with was 6 months or less.
Caring and Productive work place
Director (Current Employee) –  NYC, Long Island and WestchesterJanuary 7, 2017
All About Kids is a great place to work. Excellent supervision of therapists and teachers. Very caring environment. Excellent job growth and promotional opportunities. Very competitive salaries and very competitive fees for independent contractors.

All About Kids provides all the therapy specialties and teaching specialities needed to Evaluate and treat children from birth to 21. Great coordinated team effort by all therapists and teachers for all children.
Pros
Caring growth environment
Disorganized company
T. Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
Honestly enjoyed my job at first. Working with the kids was the best part of my day. However, the teachers were never prepared for the day and management never seemed to care. Pay was extremely low for the amount of work that was put into working with the kids.
Very disconnected organization with an administration that is constantly changing.and never seems to know what the therapists are doing.
SEIT (Current Employee) –  Nassau & Suffolk CountyApril 7, 2016
AAK offers many types of therapies but there is never any follow-up with the therapists. You, as a therapist, are completely on your own and even if you call or email for assistance, you never get it! It's very disorganized. Until you do something they don't like. Then they're all over you without warming. But where were they when you needed them? There is absolutely NO connection with co-workers unless there happens to be a team leader, which is very seldom. And that could possibly be due to the large amount of extra work one has to put in as a team leader which is strictly "volunteered time", and is never compensated for by AAK. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually working with the students - something I think the administration loses sight of too easily. The administration is distant, unfriendly, often incompetent, and very often unreachable.
terrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 14, 2016
payment sucks changed payment schedule around so therapists got paid every 6 weeks instead of one month hated it worst agency I worked for stupid supervisors (BCBA)
Pros
potentially many cases
Cons
pay schedule
Low pay
I.T. Support (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYDecember 24, 2014
This was a hostile environment. with low pay. I had the owner and the manager telling me what to do leading to confusion. Was given many projects without a budget. Was told to get pricing and proposals only to have the projects unapproved for lack of funds. The business practices conflicted with my values. I had to work during inclement weather when the whole company was shutdown with out compensation etc.
Pros
Cons
See review
Great place to start for experience
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 20, 2014
All About Kids is a great place to start out when needing experience. It tests your tolerance for working under pressure, as well as your time management skills.

The staff members and therapists are all friendly, and easy to get along with which helps make the day go by much quicker.

On the contrary, management in Finance Department is lacking in experience with the actual billing process. Any advice given to management in terms of a new protocol or procedure to help the department, is more than likely to be brushed to the side. If you are the kind of person who can produce numbers, regardless of the situation, then you are golden.

Other than that, All About Kids can provide an enjoyable atmosphere.
Pros
Co-workers and staff are friendly, easy to get along with.
Cons
Growth opportunities are almost non-existent
Not a good place to work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYApril 2, 2014
Not a good agency to work for. Ive worked for others and this agency was just a shock in how little they care about their teachers.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not supportive, no one to train you, No one returns your calls or emails, called the director once and was told never to call him again.
There are plenty of better companies to work for
Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
I am a therapist with this company and I would not recommend working for them. No training is provided nor is any contact info for relevant people within the company. Most staff members are unresponsive to email and phone messages but if they need something from you they will call several times in one day. They have lost documentation that I submitted more than once and blamed it on me. There are plenty of other companies in this area that pay the same rates and offer more support, go work for one of them instead.
Pros
Cons
no NYC drop off location for documentation, unresponsive staff, no training or therapist support
Mission oriented company
Service Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 16, 2013
All About Kids is a great company for families seeking the best quality services for their child.
Pros
Mission of the company
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Good agency and friendly staff
Applied Behavior Analysis Therapist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 18, 2013
AAK is a good agency. They have a good case load to start off. It's difficult to get in touch with the staff sometimes because they are not always very responsive to e-mails and phone calls. But overall, it is a good experience.
ABA School
Applied Behavioral Analysis Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids. My co-workers were great to work with. I learned a lot from the head-teacher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Kids. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8