All About Kids

All About Kids Employer Reviews

Great place to work with a great group of teachers.
Lead Teacher for ages 2-3 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches and short breaks
Cons: lack of hours during the winter
You're greeted by your director everyday with a positive attitude, your schedule is always posted for review and changes are able to be made to accommodate you in daily life such as if you are pregnant. I learned different way to teach children and how to get them to focus in a group setting. Management worked with me knowing I was pregnant when I started working here, they were great about making sure I made it to every appointment and that I myself was in a low stress environment. The hardest part about the job was living after returning from having my son because there was not enough hours for me to continue working there and supporting my family. I loved the children and the group of girls, it was a drama free crew which made it even better!
Low pay
I.T. Support (Former Employee), Plainview, NYDecember 24, 2014
Cons: see review
This was a hostile environment. with low pay. I had the owner and the manager telling me what to do leading to confusion. Was given many projects without a budget. Was told to get pricing and proposals only to have the projects unapproved for lack of funds. The business practices conflicted with my values. I had to work during inclement weather when the whole company was shutdown with out compensation etc.
love the kids
Teacher Aide/ van driver (Former Employee), Centreville, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: christmas bonus
Cons: short or no breaks and constant shift change
it was pretty busy when you are working with children. The daycare it self was caring and sometimes will go out the way to help people on a personal level.
Great place to start for experience
Billing Representative (Current Employee), Plainview, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers and staff are friendly, easy to get along with.
Cons: growth opportunities are almost non-existent
All About Kids is a great place to start out when needing experience. It tests your tolerance for working under pressure, as well as your time management skills.

The staff members and therapists are all friendly, and easy to get along with which helps make the day go by much quicker.

On the contrary, management in Finance Department is lacking in experience with the actual billing process. Any advice given to management in terms of a new protocol or procedure to help the department, is more than likely to be brushed to the side. If you are the kind of person who can produce numbers, regardless of the situation, then you are golden.

Other than that, All About Kids can provide an enjoyable atmosphere.
Care for children and teach basic skills
Teacher (Former Employee), Lecanto, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: being able to watch children learn and grow
Care for children and teach them basic skills.
I've learned every child is different at learning.
The management and staff were all like family.
The hardest part about child care is when children are having trouble at home.
Best part is seeing children learn something for the first time.
Wonderful nurturing environment to teach children
Owner (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 6, 2014
Owning and working at The Little Gym of Wilmington for 15 years has been a wonderful journey. It gave me the opportunity to be a small business owner and gain experience in every aspect of owning and operating a business entity.

I also had the wonderful experience of making a difference in the lives of thousands of children. The environment was one where relationships were developed on a daily basis and I had a chance to be involved with super families.
Not a good place to work
Therapist (Current Employee), NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: not supportive, no one to train you, no one returns your calls or emails, called the director once and was told never to call him again.
Not a good agency to work for. Ive worked for others and this agency was just a shock in how little they care about their teachers.
There are plenty of better companies to work for
Therapist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
Cons: no nyc drop off location for documentation, unresponsive staff, no training or therapist support
I am a therapist with this company and I would not recommend working for them. No training is provided nor is any contact info for relevant people within the company. Most staff members are unresponsive to email and phone messages but if they need something from you they will call several times in one day. They have lost documentation that I submitted more than once and blamed it on me. There are plenty of other companies in this area that pay the same rates and offer more support, go work for one of them instead.
infant teacher
Lead teacher (Former Employee), Bolivia, NCOctober 12, 2013
Pros: full time hours, good friendly students
Cons: short staff short breaks
I enjoyed helping infants with their daily developmental needs. I learned alot about infants and children in early childhood development. the hardest part of the job was tending to five baby's at one time.
Mission oriented company
Service Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: mission of the company
Cons: short lunch breaks
All About Kids is a great company for families seeking the best quality services for their child.
Loved the workplace and the kids.
Infant Teacher, Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Liberty Township, OHJuly 22, 2013
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: strict schedule
Such a positive place, I loved my position with this company, I had to hip replacements within a year so I decided to take my career path elsewhere that involved less bending.
Good agency and friendly staff
Applied Behavior Analysis Therapist (Current Employee), Queens, NYJuly 18, 2013
AAK is a good agency. They have a good case load to start off. It's difficult to get in touch with the staff sometimes because they are not always very responsive to e-mails and phone calls. But overall, it is a good experience.
Fun atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Youngsville, NCJuly 18, 2013
Established great parent/child relationships. Interacted with teachers on daily basis. Helped with child advancements.
Wonderful job with fun and loving kids
Teacher (Current Employee), Logan, UTJune 17, 2013
Follow a schedule. Learned how to be patient with a variety of different personalities in children. I got along really well with my coworkers. Love everything about working here.
ABA School
Applied Behavioral Analysis Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Astoria, NYJune 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids. My co-workers were great to work with. I learned a lot from the head-teacher.
It's good place to work with
Tutor (Current Employee), Plainview, NYMay 28, 2013
I get meet some great students and their families. You are left to use your own device or initiative to get your students to learn. It is very rewarding and your get to appreciate people more and not look at their economic background, what ethnicity or what types homes they live in.
Speech Therapist to children ages 2-7
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Plainview, NYApril 11, 2013
Work with various types of speech and language disorders. Cases at home, daycare, school or in-house
Productive place, great employees
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, TXApril 10, 2013
Pros: flexable schudules
Cons: bad management
I worked from 9-5. I took care of the 1-3 year olds and loved every minute of it. The parents and employees were great. I leaned how to have more patience and more people skills with the parents. The hardest part was dealing with the management because it wasn't well put together but the most enjoyable part was watching the kids grow and be involved in their lives.
all the kids
Medical Office Asst (Former Employee), montgomery alApril 1, 2013
Pros: it was always someone new teaching us something new o
Cons: nothing
to go and help the doctor or nurse with one if the babies was exciting to me. and to give threat from the vist there.
Friendly and efficient staff/ Supportive and cooperative families
Special Education Itinerant Teacher (Current Employee), Plainview, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: flexibility in scheduling times for tutoring (as long as they comply with iep mandates)
Cons: traffic and parking problems, especially when tutoring students after school
The staff at All About Kids is supportive and helpful. It is extremely gratifying to bond with not only the child but also his/her family, and it is very rewarding to hear from them later on that their son/daughter is doing well in school.

The hardest part of the job is usually at the beginning of the tutoring period, when varying schedules and differing geographical locations must be worked out, all while diagnosing the child's educational needs and abilities.

The most enjoyable part of the job is after a strong connection with the child and his/her family has been made. With a good working relationship, the progress that the student is making can become quite evident.