Provides comprehensive Registered Nurse case management designed to improve patient and/or to provide nursing care and case management to patients and families. Independently develops, implements nursing interventions and coordinates the patient/family interdisciplinary plan of care; collaborates with hospice team and other health care providers. Provided professional oversight and supervision of care delivery, as appropriate, and provides expert guidance and leadership with the hospice team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages a patient family caseload, which includes assessing, planning, implementation, evaluating and documenting the care provided at time of admission and throughout care.
2. Applies specific criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the patient’s eligibility.
3. Participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate the care of the patient and family, exchange information and problem solve, and receive staff support and education.
4. Applies the policies and procedures of the agency and the rules and regulations of Federal and State regulatory agencies and other accrediting agencies in providing care.
5. Participates in on-call coverage.
6. Meets or exceeds established productivity standards.
7. Attends deaths of patients to assist and support the family.
8. Initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis of the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living including risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
9. Implements the individualized plan of care and recommend revisions to the plan as necessary including managing discomfort and providing symptom relief and specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care.
10. Maintains the standards of Nursing excellence in accordance with the principles set forth by the state, CHAP, and agency policies and procedures.
11. Consults with and educates the patient/family regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, end-of-life care and the process for dealing with issues of ethical concern.
12. Delivery of care responsibilities in conjunction with the physician develops and orders treatment appropriate with the patient’s disease progression and documents appropriately.
13. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
14. Prepares clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
15. Uses case management approach to coordinate all patient/family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team; provides specialized hospice training to team members, patient, family and caregivers.
16. Determines scope and frequency of services needed based on acuity and patient/family needs.
17. Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to insure adequate care.
18. Provide counseling to patient/family regarding disease process, end of life and ethical issues and assignments.
19. Willingly accepts direction from Administrator and Patient Care Manager.
20. Participates in volunteer training, community programs and committees, as needed.
21. Evaluates family/patient response to care on an ongoing basis.
22. Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified systems to meet the need.
23. Prepares and delivers performance evaluations to subordinates utilizing the information to further their growth and development.
24. Participates in hiring, directing and counseling of subordinates; recommends verbal and written warnings and/or suspension subject to discharge pending investigate.
25. Ensures that employees are adequately oriented and trained to assignment; assists and encourages employees in developing their skills and self-confidence.
26. Sets meaningful individual objectives and specific job expectations. Ensures that employees know what is expected and the standards by which they will be evaluated. Gives adequate guidance and supervision. Optimizes use of employee skills. Recommends promotions for employees who have demonstrated both a capability for and willingness to accept increased responsibility. Creates an environment that encourages excellence. Recognizes and rewards and work well done.
27. Communicates information using current process and technology availability to the organization.
28. Maintains current knowledge and practice of infectious disease protocols.
GENERAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE:
1. Adheres to areas of education in initial and annual in-services of All Caring Hospice.
2. Documents professionally, accurately, and timely according to All Caring Hospice policy and procedure.
3. Communications information using process and technology available to organization.
4. Adheres to established personnel policies and attend in-services programs.
5. Reports and grievances and complaints made by patient of families to appropriate person.
6. Reports all accidents and incidents observed.
7. Identified and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
8. Participates in All Caring Hospice activities as requested.
9. Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently; work independently as a team member and/or team leader.
10. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with the interdisciplinary team efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction with patients, families, staff and other health care providers to ensure customer satisfaction.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in state and in good standing with the Board in which he/she will practice.
Ability to manage patient care with specific knowledge and experience in bedside nursing, symptom management, crisis intervention and family intervention.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Current state drivers license, auto registration and auto insurance. Unlimited access to a reliable car.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment contingent upon passing criminal background check, finger printing, and drug testing.
All Caring Hospice will provide Hepatitis vaccination; candidate may decline vaccination through declination form or may provide record of vaccination from previous employer