All Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Liked working at Atrium
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33701December 3, 2016
The atrium was a fairly new when I started and they actually had windows in the lab and it was very clean. Management was awesome and very polite. Good place to work and receive excellent training.
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLOctober 24, 2016
Good place to work . Flexible work hours, pay is ok, people are good to work with, good location, good support staff, clean and friendly environment, available on line support
Disappointed
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 8, 2016
I accepted a very low and almost insulting offer because working at JHAC was a dream of mine. I spent 2 months of my time that I could have been looking at other companies who are better organized when it comes to hiring. The background screening company was horrible. Very unorganized on-boarding HR and the process is cumbersome. After 2 months of going nowhere I chose to move on. Such a disappointment.
Pros
Education assistance, insurance benefits on day one
Cons
Outsourced Screening, Pay
awesome clinical experience!
Clinical Experience 9 weeks (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 1, 2016
Very fun workplace with enthusiastic and fun staff! all the PT's/PTA's were very welcoming and had a friendly attitude!
Lab is a toxic environment!!!
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 6, 2016
My coworkers were great, but management was terrible. We were worked with no 15 minute breaks and if you were lucky you got a meal break. Management attitude is "things will get better" as they do nothing to make it better. One of the worse places I have worked. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Cafeteria food is good.
Cons
No breaks, management has no idea what is going on and doesn't care.
Friendly staff and environment
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJuly 1, 2016
Friendly staff and environment that was sometimes sad as it is a hospital. It was hard not to get attached to the patients especially the ones that stayed long, I would get attached and be sad if something happened to them, actually all of the staff was the same way. Of course we didn't let the patients know bu a lot times we were upset about their condition as well.
Pros
great bonuses
Cons
low pay
If they
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2016
If they are short then you will have long hours. I quit to get a job closer to home and its got a good group of people before Johns Hopkins or whomever took over.
Pros
great sweets
Cons
short lunch
very relaxed working place
Patient Access Specialist/ Financial Clearance Rep (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2016
a typical day at work is verifying insurances and obtaining authorizations. I speak with parents throughout the day to give financial responsibility and pre-register.
Pros
my own work space
Cons
no patient contact
Amazing organization!
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 19, 2016
The culture and people are absolutely amazing. You are very lucky if you have the opportunity to work for All Children's.
wonderful company to work for
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I did a internship at this hospital, and I loved every minute of it. the staff were professional, and courteous. although I trained in the outpatient unit we still did inpatient compounding prescriptions so it was the best of both worlds!
Pros
great staff, great hours
Cons
all pseudoephedrine product purchases were documented by hand.
Extremely fulfilling place to work
Laboratory Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work at. Employees are all on the same page to help children in every way possible. By far the best working environment i have ever been fortunate to be a part of. Really feel like you are making a difference working for All Children's hospital. A friendly and welcoming atmosphere for workers, patients, and their families. The hardest part of the job is seeing the families struggling to stay strong throught a child's treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile to a patients face despite what they might be going through.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
School keeps me from being there more often.
Love working here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Great co-workers and management. Worked hand in hand with supervisor. Would have stayed till retirement but left due to move out of state. Great place to work.
Pros
Good balance of workload and teamwork!
Challenging work environment
Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 27, 2015
Fast paced and challenging work environment. I have obtained a lot of experience working there. Opportunity to work on different units and gain experience.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Depends on the Department your in.
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2015
Ok place to work. Great place to get your foot into the medical field. Would recommend for people coming out of school. Ok atmosphere, depends on what department you work in though.
Call Center was great department
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 10, 2015
The call center of the hospital was a great department to be a part of. The director was always available if you needed to talk to her and she always gave constructive comments about your performance on the job.

My coworkers were a great team to work with. We worked hard but we had fun getting things done also.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
I left.
Amazing place to work.
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 1, 2015
Employee engagement, helpful friendly environment. Benefits and Employee incentives are great perks. Busy professional friendly working environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Parking
This was my time in the medical field
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FloridaAugust 9, 2015
I started as a Customer Service Rep which my duties included answering the phones, patient walk in to discuss accounts. I maxed the position within 3 months, I was promoted to Patient Account Rep due Blue Cross. I learned the Blue Cross contract and would have to sometimes appeal denied claims with medical records. I would have at least 3 spreadsheets that were do by the end of the month which was completed ahead of time. We would have to work mail from the insurance companies.

I really love fighting with the insurance companies to pay the claims correctly there were some times that I would have to pull ICD 9 code book back then to make sure the Revenue codes and the diagnosis codes went together.
Pros
Overtime and I did volunteer work as wekk
Cons
I needed more work since I was always ahead
Busy
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work, as the community respects the reputation of the hospital. The parents feel a sense of community and commitment from the hospital.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
busy
Loved the kids!
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
Working with the sick kids was very rewarding. Working in the NICU and watching the babies thrive was the best part of the job.
Drama drama drama
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2015
Advancement is possible, if your are in the right clique. Physician's talk down to the nursing staff. Co-workers were usually helpful during emergencies. Too much gossip and drama, I felt like I was back in high-school. "Senior" nurses got away with bullying the new nurses. Management cares more about social hour than meeting the needs of their employees. Unsafe neighborhood. This company is all about looking good on paper.
Pros
New facility. Working with children. Amazing benefits.
Cons
Drama and gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

All Children's Hospital Reviews by Location