All Children's Hospital

All Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Extremely fulfilling place to work
Laboratory Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work at. Employees are all on the same page to help children in every way possible. By far the best working environment i have ever been fortunate to be a part of. Really feel like you are making a difference working for All Children's hospital. A friendly and welcoming atmosphere for workers, patients, and their families. The hardest part of the job is seeing the families struggling to stay strong throught a child's treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile to a patients face despite what they might be going through.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
School keeps me from being there more often.
Love working here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Great co-workers and management. Worked hand in hand with supervisor. Would have stayed till retirement but left due to move out of state. Great place to work.
Pros
Good balance of workload and teamwork!
Challenging work environment
Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 27, 2015
Fast paced and challenging work environment. I have obtained a lot of experience working there. Opportunity to work on different units and gain experience.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Depends on the Department your in.
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2015
Ok place to work. Great place to get your foot into the medical field. Would recommend for people coming out of school. Ok atmosphere, depends on what department you work in though.
Call Center was great department
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 10, 2015
The call center of the hospital was a great department to be a part of. The director was always available if you needed to talk to her and she always gave constructive comments about your performance on the job.

My coworkers were a great team to work with. We worked hard but we had fun getting things done also.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
I left.
Amazing place to work.
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 1, 2015
Employee engagement, helpful friendly environment. Benefits and Employee incentives are great perks. Busy professional friendly working environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Parking
This was my time in the medical field
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FloridaAugust 9, 2015
I started as a Customer Service Rep which my duties included answering the phones, patient walk in to discuss accounts. I maxed the position within 3 months, I was promoted to Patient Account Rep due Blue Cross. I learned the Blue Cross contract and would have to sometimes appeal denied claims with medical records. I would have at least 3 spreadsheets that were do by the end of the month which was completed ahead of time. We would have to work mail from the insurance companies.

I really love fighting with the insurance companies to pay the claims correctly there were some times that I would have to pull ICD 9 code book back then to make sure the Revenue codes and the diagnosis codes went together.
Pros
Overtime and I did volunteer work as wekk
Cons
I needed more work since I was always ahead
Busy
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work, as the community respects the reputation of the hospital. The parents feel a sense of community and commitment from the hospital.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
busy
Loved the kids!
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
Working with the sick kids was very rewarding. Working in the NICU and watching the babies thrive was the best part of the job.
Drama drama drama
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2015
Advancement is possible, if your are in the right clique. Physician's talk down to the nursing staff. Co-workers were usually helpful during emergencies. Too much gossip and drama, I felt like I was back in high-school. "Senior" nurses got away with bullying the new nurses. Management cares more about social hour than meeting the needs of their employees. Unsafe neighborhood. This company is all about looking good on paper.
Pros
New facility. Working with children. Amazing benefits.
Cons
Drama and gossip
GREAT
DIETARY AIDE, DIETARY CLERK, SITTER (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 11, 2015
Very fast pace. To see the smile on a kids face once their needs are fulfilled is priceless. great families and friends

enjoy
stable workplace
Accts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 9, 2015
Pay the bills, journal entries, reconcile accounts, customer service representative, accounts payable clerk, request refunds, data entry,secure and manage bills for facility
Pros
great food
Cons
micro management
Helping the children
CST (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 7, 2015
Excellent place to work, great doctors, and wonderful opportunity to help children. Fantastic hospital to work and learn.
Don't expect much! Not at all what it's cracked up to be.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2014
The culture here in this organization is terrible. Micromanaging, pot stirrers and bad gossip. A bunch of middle aged bitter women and men who prey on the young and beautiful to only lift you up and then destroy you. The "All Childrens" name is prestigious and I had high hopes for me and this organization but after a few months after being hired it was just disappointments from there.
Pros
coworkers i met along the way
Cons
theres fake and phoniness behind the name.
Loved working with the children
OFFICE ASSISTANT 2 (Former Employee) –  St.Petersburg, FloridaOctober 8, 2014
Outpatient clinics had no "management"
Loved working with the patients and families
N/A
EMT - Patient Care Technician III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 1, 2014
• Assist nursing and medical staff with vital signs, EKGs, and oxygen set-up.
• Cared for newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and children in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
• Gained hands on Emergency Room experience in association to adolescent patient care.
• Communicate with children to identify specific physical, mental, and emotional requirements.
• Transport patients to assigned internal hospital site locations.
• Process patient documents to help patients and their families understand instructions given by their physician.
Great learning environment, lots of opportunities for growth.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 15, 2014
A wonderful and rewarding place to work. The children and their families are amazing to work with as well as my fellow colleagues.
Respiratory therapist III watch your back
Staff Therapist III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2014
I came on as an RRT III and from the third day I worked there it started. First two were at hospital orientation! Un-professionalism and back stabbing because I came in at this level how dare I.
Busy facility some nice some very good doctors. Too few appreciate new people either.
Management was closed minded and not to be challenged. It has changed since I left. Was Nemours but now looks like Cleveland has come on. With yet more management changes.
Co-workers were jealous and nasty to anyone that made them feel threatened. Some nice people, few and far between.
Hardest part see above. Working with children can be difficult. The patients were great, Yes can be sad but working with kids is like that anywhere.
The kids and Leaving work with the sun shining!
Pros
good cafeteria food
Cons
staff of rt department
Fun working with the children
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  St.Petersburg, FlJune 19, 2014
You never know what to expect but I learned how to deal with children and parents from all walks of life. The management could use a little a more understanding but most of the co workers are pleasant. The hardest part is seeing sick children but the most enjoyable part is knowing what I do contributes to helping them feel better from day today
under new managment
Pediatric Clinical Hospital Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  St PetersburgMay 25, 2014
. 8 and 10 hr shifts
.Much about pediatric medicine
. New team in from Cleavland Clinic
. Great people
. Shift rotations small margin for error
> Helping kids get better
Pros
how can you beat using your talents to help make kids better
Cons
new current leadership

4.2