All Children's Hospital

All Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Loved working with the children
OFFICE ASSISTANT 2 (Former Employee), St.Petersburg, FloridaOctober 8, 2014
Outpatient clinics had no "management"
Loved working with the patients and families
N/A
EMT - Patient Care Technician III (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 1, 2014
• Assist nursing and medical staff with vital signs, EKGs, and oxygen set-up.
• Cared for newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and children in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
• Gained hands on Emergency Room experience in association to adolescent patient care.
• Communicate with children to identify specific physical, mental, and emotional requirements.
• Transport patients to assigned internal hospital site locations.
• Process patient documents to help patients and their families understand instructions given by their physician.
Great learning environment, lots of opportunities for growth.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 15, 2014
A wonderful and rewarding place to work. The children and their families are amazing to work with as well as my fellow colleagues.
Respiratory therapist III watch your back
Staff Therapist III (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria food
Cons: staff of rt department
I came on as an RRT III and from the third day I worked there it started. First two were at hospital orientation! Un-professionalism and back stabbing because I came in at this level how dare I.
Busy facility some nice some very good doctors. Too few appreciate new people either.
Management was closed minded and not to be challenged. It has changed since I left. Was Nemours but now looks like Cleveland has come on. With yet more management changes.
Co-workers were jealous and nasty to anyone that made them feel threatened. Some nice people, few and far between.
Hardest part see above. Working with children can be difficult. The patients were great, Yes can be sad but working with kids is like that anywhere.
The kids and Leaving work with the sun shining!
Fun working with the children
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), St.Petersburg, FlJune 19, 2014
You never know what to expect but I learned how to deal with children and parents from all walks of life. The management could use a little a more understanding but most of the co workers are pleasant. The hardest part is seeing sick children but the most enjoyable part is knowing what I do contributes to helping them feel better from day today
under new managment
Pediatric Clinical Hospital Pharmacist (Current Employee), St PetersburgMay 25, 2014
Pros: how can you beat using your talents to help make kids better
Cons: new current leadership
. 8 and 10 hr shifts
.Much about pediatric medicine
. New team in from Cleavland Clinic
. Great people
. Shift rotations small margin for error
> Helping kids get better
Great opportunities, disappointing results.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), St. PeteApril 18, 2014
Pros: fun environment, good cafeteria
Cons: gossip, management
The things that this hospital does for children are unmatched. However, I must admit, I have never worked with people of such flawed moral character. The gossip, backstabbing and overall terrible things that are said about each other are horrendous. I never, in all of my years in healthcare, have had this much drama in a workplace, especially amongst the Respiratory Therapists. It's a shame, really. There is such a huge opportunity there, but you can't get past being talked about.
Rewarding experience and examplary staff..
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Health care is a very tight knit community, including our firefighters which often work extra hours with us. The bond we form is a lifetime of friendships.

The hardest part of the job is in comforting patients and their parents in their darkest moments of losing a child and in the comfort of knowing there are truly angels among us.
My experience in the Gift Shop
Volunteer (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: paid meals
Cons: that we could only volunteer twice a week.
A typical day at work would be working my first hour with 2 other volunteers greeting customers and blowing up balloons and taking cash payments for merchandise and working the cash register. We would usually switch positions. One person would be making sure everything is organized and another would be working the Cash Register and another one of us would be pumping balloons. I learned the true meaning behind the hospital and the love for children and life. The hardest part of the job was seeing the kids come down so sick still or a parent not being able to cover a payment for a gift for the child. The most enjoyable part was helping those parents who could not afford big items still give great things to the kids and the smile upon their faces.
Community Education
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 21, 2014
• As a component of the St. Petersburg Healthy Start Federal Project (SPHSFP), the Community Service Team promotes an ongoing awareness of African-American infant mortality statistics, provides educational programs, and offers linkage to services for consumers within the St. Petersburg area.
• Outreach Specialists duties are:
• Engages potential consumers into project services
• Promotes Saint Petersburg Healthy Start Federal Program in the community
• Participates in community events
• Provide Health Education
• Provide home visits to clients
• Manage all clients EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
fun workplace
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2013
my typical day is printing reports, check on the renter beds in the hospital. I learned how to load and unload pyxis supply station,put stock away and add new employee in the pyxs consloe. Make new label for the department, and pick cases for surgery. Sometime I do the ordering for the department. My co-workers are great team to work with.The hardest part of my job is leftting up I.V Solution. I enjoy everything I do.
Amazing
Clinical Rotation (Externship) (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2013
Working with kids was awesome.
Got to experience with collodion.
The people who work there always lift you up and make you feel welcome.
The lab is ran with respect and organization.
The hardest part was working with sick kids.
My favorite part was the overall experience there it was a great hospital and sleep lab.
Not an adequate place for the hands on learning required for a externship.
Clinical Externship - Speech and Language (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: many resources to read
Cons: lacking hands-on experience and mentorship for students
A full time externship is during your last semester of graduate school. This is where students work with patients and learn how to document with a supervisor for mentorship and feedback. During my experience I was given mostly opportunities to just observe. Instead of spending the majority of my day working with patients, I observed, researched, and created materials for future use. I was very disappointed, as I applied for this position one year in advance because I was eager to work in a hospital setting.
provides the highest quality of pediatric care in the Southeast, my opinion from personal professional career experience
ARNP-Pediatric Surgery/Trauma (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 26, 2012
Cons: work-life balance/rotating shifts
Best hospital I have worked in thus far as evidenced by patient care quality, collaborative environment between specialties, professionalism, culture of "kindness" amongst employees. I need to relocate to be close to family.
I believe the standard of care set forth by All Children's Hospital is unmatched.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: excellent pay--$35.00/hour
Cons: the 30 mile drive home from work.
We were recently reviewed by the Joint Committee of Accreditation for Hospitals. One comment was, "I would feel confident having the Neonatal Intensive Care Nurses care for my family..." I am proud to be a part of this team.
During the twelve hours I typically care for two or three neonates. I provide IV/nutritional support, oxygen management, safety, and emotional support.
I have learned to respect the strength of families
Both my charge nurses and Unit Director are open and supportive
My co-workers are very nurturing to the babies, families and each other.
The hardest part of the job is helping families grieve.
The most rewarding part of the job is discharging a healthy baby and family.
ECHOSONOGRAPHER
ECHOSONOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: lunch time
Cons: seminars
ECHOSONOGRAPHER UNDER SCHEDULED I WORKED WITH PATIENT WITH CONGENITAL CARDIAC DISEASES IN ICU, CVICU, CATH LAB, AND SATELITES CLINICS.

About All Children's Hospital

All Children's Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, is the only specialty licensed children's hospital on Florida's west – Read more

All Children's Hospital Photos