Date: September 18, 2013
Position: Buyer / Purchasing Agent
Location: Medley, Florida, USA
About All Florida Paper
All Florida Paper is a leading privately held distributor in the United States, which supplies over 6,000 products to more than 35 industries, and throughout 25 countries in eight key market sectors, which include education, healthcare, and foodservice, lodging, supermarkets, and janitorial/sanitation, exporting, and redistribution. By far, our most valuable asset is our employees, which is why for nearly 20 years, they have been the primary focus of our resources.
- All Florida Paper has been named to Inc. 5000, a list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, a publication by Inc. Magazine.
The Buyer / Purchasing Agent is responsible for accurately procuring and sourcing high quality, cost effective products from domestic and international suppliers at the best possible price with a minimum of capital investment while achieving a high level of customer service. This position will work cross-functionally with other departments ensuring that both internal and external service levels are met while reviewing and analyzing data to determine cost saving opportunities through vendor consolidation and/or contract negotiation.
Reports to: CEO and COO
- Develop sources of supply and obtain information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc., and ensure all applicable data is current at supplier.
- Solicit quotes, conduct bid evaluations, evaluate costs, negotiate optimum delivery schedules and ensure the best combination of price, quantity discount, product quality, and standard terms and conditions.
- Prepare definitive purchase orders, including terms and conditions, administer contracts with suppliers within budgetary limitations, and ensure schedules are met.
- Monitor supplier performance, and prepare reports and other record pertaining to the items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories.
- Resolve problems related to purchasing, delivery, receiving and payment to the supplier; determine sources of the problem and take appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinate administration of and response to all contract related documentation to include the requirement to review, coordinate, negotiate and implement changes to the contract.
- Other responsibilities assigned as necessary.
- Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree preferred) in a business related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the procurement / supply chain, or related industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft Access, Excel, and other software systems when necessary.
- Experience in vendor and contract management.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with co-workers, clients, management and administration in a positive, supportive and cooperative manner.
- Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish Preferred.
- Work within a process and recommend solutions to rectify inefficiencies.
- Understand the buying process from beginning to end.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Able to retain confidential information regarding employees as well as information regarding the company.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all employees, and by having a positive attitude.
Going the extra mile for our customers’ means having the right talent in the right place, at the right time. That’s why we're constantly challenging every member of our team to take the next step in their career.
Here at All Florida Paper, we pride ourselves on offering rewarding opportunities that can take you anywhere you want to go. You will be able to forge your own career path, while gaining the tools you will need for continued growth within the company. Our programs help you understand the business and expose you to multiple opportunities at every level of the organization – no matter where you want your career to take you.
Vision of Diversity
Diversity is about more than just embracing our differences. It’s about meeting the needs of our customers by reflecting their diversity within our own organization. It’s about understanding the different cultures of our employees to ensure we are providing a nurturing and inclusive environment. And, it’s about integrating unique perspectives to deliver on our vision and navigate an ever-changing marketplace.
- M/WBE Certified (Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise)
- Top 100 Minority Businesses (Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce)
We owe our success as an industry leader to the nearly 100 bright minds that deliver exceptional customer service experiences day-in and day-out. Everyone who is part of All Florida Paper brings a unique blend of talent, enthusiasm and ambition for a stimulating work environment. In return for your talent, we provide a dynamic work environment that supports you in building your career, and a comprehensive compensation and progressive benefits program that rewards your contributions to the business.
Through health, financial and lifestyle offerings, we provide you with the building blocks you need to build a stronger, healthier future for you and your loved ones. By joining All Florida Paper, you will experience the peace of mind that comes with knowing your future is in good hands.
** All Florida Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 12 months ago
All Florida Paper is a leading privately held distributor in the United States, which supplies over 6,000 products to more than 35...