All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons Moving & Storage Employee Reviews

not a fan
Moving Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
hardest part of the job is the pay. only receiving pay for while going to location, and while moving stuff. the management does not help very much when problems arise either.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours and pay
nice place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed delivering the food to customers. went at my own pace loved meeting the new people. work place was good and full of laughter. its always nice to make other smile and help the, enjoy the rest of their night.
Perfect
Professional Mover (Current Employee) –  6302 w.hwy 290 Austin,TXDecember 31, 2016
Its a all around perfect moving company I think the best of them all very friendly people company too plus I recommend them to who ever is in the process of movin
Pros
Free lunch breaks, tips
Cons
Not consistent
Great employees
Mover/Helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2016
If your looking for a job the challenges your strength as well as partnership skills. This is an awesome place to look into. Very helpful teammates and the tips are awesome!
be prepared to sweat and carry large heavy items drink plenty of water
Drivers helper (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 19, 2016
make yourself a routine and stick with it for the first month.
when its cold wear layers.
when its warm stay hydrated.
keep track of the hours and people you work with.
Fun people to work with
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 3, 2016
The only thing that i didnt like about this place was you cant move up or get a raise ..and that you were never sure if you were gonna work that day or not ...cool people to work with but the boss dosnt care about his employees, only about making money..and he dnt care if u make money or not as long as he gets paid by the customers
Pros
Good tips and fun trips
Cons
You dont get paid for what you work for
Horrible place to work
Mover (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 18, 2016
The company in Portland, Or treats its good workers horribly. The better you are at your job, the worse off you are. If the company didn't have huge billboards up all over town the company would not survive.. Word of mouth is not a tool for getting jobs since nobody tends to use them more than once or recommend them. Customers would ticked off before you got there because the office would promise them an early morning start time and the office was making promises they were unable to keep.
Pros
I got decent tips
Cons
There are no benefits and when you are a caucasian worker, you are by far the minority.
Estimator
Outside Sales Representative/Estmator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2016
Great job for those that need a flexible schedule. The pay is great in peak season and suffers drastically in the off. The draw is only for the first two weeks of employment so it's feast or famine. The service is hit or miss and internal support is almost non-existent.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
Poor Quality, poor internal support, churn and burn
Must read if you dont know now you know
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2016
As an operation manager you have no life... You work from 6am to 8am. 6 days a week that 1 day off they really dont want you to take off. So you may get $40,000 to $50,000 a yr But the hours you work end up being $10 hr. They say you get bonus but you have to meet certain requirements which are impossible. They dont tell you you have to go to school for 13 weeks in Dallas and still may not get the job. Your working with criminals gang members and any body who cant get a job at McDonalds. Customers complain about the service which they are 100% correct. There goes your bonus... Workers do not come to work. Very unprofessional work environment.. They bring you to Dallas and sell you on being a Operations manager and but you have to rember you will be at the corporate office and hardly no issues. But when you get to your own place tottaly in disarray.
Had no enjoyable moments workers bring guns to work. You wont feel safe and you have to bring your own... Im not talking little guns Im talking about AR-15... I dont recommend nobody NOBODY get a move done or work at this place EVER.... Then after they finish using you they will let you go... I never had a displinary problem but when there profit goes down the will get you out..... The CEO was pretty cool. Real nice guy.... But the company smh I cant say enough horrible experinces Ive had with these guys.... Insurance OMG I made 40k and still could not afford their insurance.....
They will post ad on craigslist and say you will get 40-50k but then low ball you. Because the send you thru a pannel interview. And if you make it
  more... they make you feel like your the lucky guy and make you feel like your obligated to take the money after they fly you to Dallas....... Then say you have a 13 week training but they will make you stay 15 weeks.... This was worse than Marine corp Boot Camp.
Its a hustle they get paid from profits so if they can pay the manager less then they can make more its nothing in your best intrest....
Pros
NONE
Cons
Everything I stayted above
Not a good place to work at
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 15, 2016
No training provided, long hours without overtime compensation, hours worked do not equal to hours paid. Always on call even if u just finished a 16 hour shift.
Pros
Sometimes tips
Cons
No breaks, no health care, wage theft
Typical day at work
Outside Sales Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2016
Please review previous All My Sons duties on first page as I was a re-hire for this company in between school and my education. Asking for same information.
productive and busy work environment
Truck Driver/Team leader (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 12, 2016
get there early and work hard. management may need some tweaking but overall good place good money at the time. The most enjoyable is getting to travel with a Good group of working guy and getting to meet people from all walks of life.
to playful
Helper/Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2016
The hardest part was lifting very heavy items the job doesn't have much work said to say an the management really played a lot kinda unprofessional to me but the tips were great
All My Sons Movong And Storge
Mover (Former Employee) –  Dixie hwyJuly 8, 2016
All my son's was one of the worst places I have ever worked. Management was so poor. I lost out on no less than 15 hours weekly. Because they had class.that I never logged the hours.
Pros
Experacne
Cons
Everything to do with thisoving compeny
productive
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2016
moving and storage company.very physical, required heavy lifting, drove moving trucks (did not require cdl) safe driver, packed and moved customer belongings.
It Paid The Bills
Moving Helper (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work was as follows:
-Show up at 7 am
-Get assigned to work with jerks who talk smack about you in Spanish
-Work 7-12 hours with no breaks
-Go home
-Repeat

As far as management, the only reason I give them two stars is because they somehow keep business afloat. That being said, they do not care for their employees. You get cursed at for the smallest mistake and I have seen co workers fired for accidentally scratching a wall. If you miss one day, regardless of reason, they will not schedule you the following day as a form of "punishment". Even if it is a family emergency.

None of my complaints with the company are about the work. It's a moving company, expect hard work. What I complain about are how things are run. No breaks, no overtime pay, no paid time off, and a severe lack of working regulations are common practice with this company.

But hey, the tips are okay if you're perfect.
Pros
Tips, pays the bills if you get enough hours.
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, no overtime pay, careless supervisors, poor work environment
Good potential for growth in industry
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 7, 2016
As an AOM or OM your life can easily be consumed by the work, and senior leadership has no problem with this. 55+ hours in the office (weekends are a thing of the past) plus a cell phone (sometimes personal cell) that you will be answering multiple times a night. Workers you manage usually could not care less about having a job, and will let you know that at the most inconvenient times.

The company itself is growing rapidly. It is an employee owned company and does most of its job placing and promoting from within. Plenty of opportunity for advancement if you like the work. Leadership is very passionate. Is a step ahead in technology for the industry, things look good for the future.
Pros
Strong company. Can make good money w/out a degree
Cons
Work/life balance skewed. Poor workers.
Workplace always seemed hetic and never organized. Always one boss trying to fix the other boss problems or not argeeing with one another.
Driver/ mover (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. Over charging the customers all of the time and you never see any change. You can express how you feel about something to one of the bosses but that didn't mean anything to them. Pay checks were never right even after addressing the issue. You are under paid for the quality of work that you are expected to do and you never get a raise. Also we were supposed to get paid on Fridays but the bosses would swear up and down they didn't have the checks when everyone know they did. You would have to show up and work all day Saturday before you would even receive your check. This business isn't ran right at all and there are a lot of things that need to be fixed about this business. New management and everything would need to be fixed.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No benefits, hours, the people you work with.
Great team work training and development
Furniture Moving Driver (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 11, 2016
All My Sons moving and storage is a great stepping stone for those who need a job, but don't have a lot of experience in really anything. Once you start working you will get to travel all over America and meet many people. The pay is horrible, they will work you over time all the time and not pay you for over time. But it is a job where you make tips and you get free furniture all the time.
Pros
Free furniture, travel
Cons
Pay, advancement
fun place the coworkers get along.
Professional Mover (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 10, 2015
A typical day at work is getting job orders for are customers then making a positive contact with them.We make sure we have are shrink wrap,tape,Dolley,mattress bags,boxes,covers for furniture then were ready to go.I learned how do do all the things i talked about at a fast and assertive pass as well as safely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All My Sons Moving & Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8