All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons Moving & Storage Employer Reviews

well rounded place to work for
Driver/Mover,Crew Superviser (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXNovember 19, 2014
Hate that it closed.always knew what to expect day to day,well organized
Family owned
Manager (Current Employee), Gainsville, FLNovember 19, 2014
Awesome company to work for, great environment, everyone is very helpful and the work you do you also feel good about!!!!!!!!!!!!! They dont micro-manage unless your really having a hard time but then re-train and help you understand without being in a hurry reprehend for something not being done correctly.
flexible
Foreman/Driver (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2014
It is a very flexible company to work for. The hours are not very stable, normal work weeks can vary.
the worst place to work
DRIVER, MOVER (Former Employee), bloomington, MNJune 18, 2014
Pros: noooooooooooooooooooooothing
Cons: everything
worse company i hav e every worked for.... DO NOT DO IT...

get there at 7:00AM and won't leave till 8:00AM, not paid of course.

you are talking about a $200-$250 a week pay check.

hard work, and no you will NOT get your workout there, you will break your back. GO TO THE GYM or run better for you
Poor communications
Manager (Former Employee), Kansas CityJune 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: poor communications
Poor comunication from Corporate office employees.....interview process is lacking taking up to 6 weeks to get an on-site and still not getting a face to face interview. I moved on and eliminated All My Sons as an employer. They wanted to have weekly phone interviews for 6 weeks....go figure...who would want to wait 6 weeks... Not a good experience!
Horrible
Professional Mover (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: laboring experience, and warehouse skills.
Cons: poor management, hard laboring, and horrible payment method.
Working in All My Sons was a horrible experience, even though I got some laboring experience I still do not recommend this job at all. Not only they didn't pay me the full hours every week, but they sometimes didn't pay me the hours that I actually did worked.We worked from Monday through Saturday and we never knew at what time the work was done. We also had a lot of angry customers complaining about the management of All My Sons. The only good thing that I got from there was the skills and knowledge of working in a warehouse and get some laboring experience.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXMarch 7, 2014
All My Son's Moving & Storage is an amazingly successful company because of it's fantastic people. As an employee, what you get out of your job is equal to what you put in! Work hard and try to make an impact and you truly can.

The company is totally focused on our mission: "Providing the Best Moving Experience-Period!"

The organization works diligently, as a team towards this mission every day.

It is a challenging, yet rewarding experience working for an organization like All My Son's Moving & Storage.
What you put in...
General Manager (Current Employee), Varies - I travelMarch 7, 2014
Pros: approachable upper management, promotions available, not "just another number", family atmosphere
Cons: can be long hours
When interviewing drivers, helpers, sales, etc. I explain that what you put into it, you get out of it. I've gotten promotions throughout my entire career with All My Sons Moving & Storage. If you are a negative person, and can't deal with people, this may not be the job for you. People are moving, they are stressed out...
nice to work for
DRIVER (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2014
Very nice company to work for and i am grateful to ever work for them.
Terrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee), bloomington, mnFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: everything
Former boss "Jay" was the best and everything work smoothly with co-workers. 2nd boss came and everything started going wrong, cuz new boss wants things a certain way. Our best former boss quit and everyone quit. New co workers are slow only 1 or 2 was fast enough to work with. The place became the worst company to work for. previous customers where satisfied with former manager 90% out of 100%. Now every customer is furious on every job we went into about getting ripped off by the manager about certain things. recent customer satisfaction 35% out of 100%. I quit, cuz i couldn't handle the manager ripping off the customers and getting them very angry. I mean really mad that they say things to the manager over the phone that u wouldnt blive. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS U REALLY REALLY NEED IT AND NO ONE WOULD HIRE U. GOOD LUCK
HORIBLE EXPERIENCE
MIT (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I must say that everything about my experience with All My Sons was horrible. There is ABSOLUTELY no organization, structure or standards. It seems as though they do have a good business model that has allowed them to progress as an organization, however they do not effectively manage their people and the process. They have gotten so large, but do not have the right people in place to direct all the moving parts. For instance the HR person, did not know anything about bonus structure, vacation or and benefits information. They preach a lot of good practices, but do not have systems in place to guide people in the right direction and then hold them accountable. I do think there is potential, however I would not recommend anyone waste their time with this organization at this time. I have never worked so hard, been so stressed, and lost so much sleep. Def glad to be out from under such burden...
Great place to work, Just not enough hours.
Mover/Helper (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: good work
Cons: not enough hours
The hardest part of this job is the stairs but other than that it's a good job. It would be better if there where more hours available to me. They tend to give most of work to the employees that have been there longer than they do to the new people they hire. I have been there for about 4 or 5 months now and have had about 1 month of actual working days.
Second best job that I ever had.
Driver/Mover (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: alot of gratruity
A day on the job consisted of making the client happy, which put money in your pocket at the end of the day. I learned customer service, great communication skills, and how to supervise a crew of three men. Co-workers were great, and very teachable. Hardest part of the job was overlooking the rudeness of a customer and completing the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was being on the road, and the satisfied look of the customers when the job was done. Really hated the hurricane Katrina came along and destroyed everything.
Sales Manager
sales manager (Former Employee), Arkansas, TexasAugust 1, 2013
Pros: company cell phone laptop
Cons: 24/7 promises of advancement
This company is one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. The company is one big scheme acting like there family owned which there not and to top it off they rip the customer off by charging a obscene and illegal fuel surcharge two by having random guys off the streets move and break or steal your stuff. Now if you want to have a life outside work forget it all calls are forwarded to your phone its a 24/7 job and corporate does not care about you cause your expendable bonuses are not ever paid because of some bs they come up with. DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
moving/loading/unloding truck
All My Sons Moving & Storage (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 26, 2013
Independently contracted to work for cash when needed. Engaged in assembling/disassembling, wrapping, packing, loading and unloading of household furniture, office equipment and other goods to protect them from damage during storage or shipment. Moving and storing materials in warehouses. Assembled and disassembled crates; moving freight, stock, or other materials around storage facilities. Completed other tasks as assigned.
Productive Workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee), All acrosss the countryJuly 13, 2013
Pros: potential for bonuses
Cons: long hours, limited vacation and holidays
Very high paced work environment with mutliple tasks that must be handled on daily basis. Strong customer dispute resolution tactics are achieved. Multi tasking and time managment skills will definatley be sharpened. Managing employee schedules the fleet and cusotmer demand can be challenging.
Unsafe and inconsistent .
Mover/Helper (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: a paycheck.
Cons: unstable co-workers.
Required heavy lifting. Gained knowledge of how to lift in different ways. Management seemed unaware. Co-workers abused substances. Hardest part of the job was to find out what my co-workers were on and then having to make a personal decision.
very good company
Crew Leader/Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2012
Pros: the company would by you luch at times
Cons: none really just hard work gotta be strong
this company has a good family feel to it and very professional
Nothing good can be said
General Manager (Former Employee), Cranston, RIAugust 30, 2012
Pros: their checks don't bounce
Cons: pretty much everything at the corporate level
There are no benefits, they offer Health Insurance, but @ $12,000 a year for the family plan nobody can afford it.
Culture/values: They are geared towards making money only which is fine right up until you start screwing customers to do it. What ever happened to makin money the old fashioned way, earn it?
Job Security / Advancement: None
Upper managment lacks people skills needed to retain mid level management. They went through 12 managers for various locations in less than a year. No good managers will stay.
Work/Life balance: Hard to balance you life when you work 7 days a week and 12 hours a day.
Fun workplace with good fellow employees
Mover/Helper (Former Employee), Charlotte,N.C.December 17, 2011
Pros: proper tool included for the jobs
Cons: short lunch breaks
The job itself was an o.k. job,we made good decent money and tips were included.We were able to travel alot with it being a moving company, We went alot of places.The management was o.k. but it could have needed some improvement.Sometimes the work wasnt always ganranteed because of weather issues,But when the business was good,it was great.

About All My Sons Moving & Storage

All My Sons is a company rooted in the neighborly principles and values established by our founding family four generations ago. – Read more

All My Sons Moving & Storage Photos