ALLDATA – The Company of Choice
ALLDATA® is an AutoZone® company and is the leading provider of automotive repair information and solutions to the professional automotive service industry. Thousands of professional repair and collision shops across North America depend on ALLDATA’s software products for service & repair information, shop management and customer relations solutions.
ALLDATA® is building a team that will develop a complete suite of mobile enabled products and services for all of our products. Be part of a talented team working with the latest technology to create world class software products.
We recognize that our success directly depends on the success of our employees. If you enjoy working in a team-oriented, cooperative, challenging and rewarding environment, ALLDATA® may be the place for you. We are one of the largest employers in the City of Elk Grove, CA with 300 plus employees in our Elk Grove facility and over 100 employees in the field. We also have employees in Germany, Canada and Mexico.
We are looking for individuals committed to maintaining our position as the leader in our market.
ALLDATA® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are presently hiring for multiple technology, sales, content production and operations positions.
- Competitive Pay & flexible work schedules
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, STD, LTD, Adoption assistance, Tuition reimbursement, Life Insurance)
- Stock Grants (for eligible positions) & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full work-out facility on the premises for use by our employees and their families
- Free Coffee and Tea supplied by company
- AutoZone store discounts & other discount programs including new vehicle purchases * Employee Incentives (i.e. professional sporting events tickets, movie tickets etc.)
- Special Recognition programs & annual employee fun / community events
- Access to ALLDATA Online
- Well-Being Program developed to promote whole-being wellness awareness, including but not limited to: Mental Health/Stress Management, Physical Health/Fitness, Conflict Resolution, Financial Management and Personal Development.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to lead and own the Automation test effort for all the QA projects. This includes planning, developing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts and libraries for the regression, performance, and build verification test efforts. Other responsibilities include assisting in the implementation and configuration of the HPQC test tools, and the knowledge transfer and training of these tools to other members of the QA team. This position ensures that all benchmarks are being met and reported accurately to the project teams, QA manager, and all other ALLDATA stakeholders.
Candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication and analytical skills. Extensive experience with automated functional testing tools, automated performance/load testing tools, and automated SOA testing tools would be ideal. In addition, candidate must be organized, thorough, personable, multi-focused, and have necessary technical skills to debug automation scripts. Candidate must be able to handle concurrent responsibilities and projects in a professional and proactive manner.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of NeoLoad, Test Studio, and SOATest.
- Automate baseline project test cases
- Architect, own, and become the administrator for the automated test suite library
- Lead the automated performance/load test efforts and identify system constraints, tuning adjustments, and build stability.
- Develop Automation phase test plans for all QA Projects.
- Mentor and train other QA team members on automated test tools
- Formulate and develop metrics and measurements to determine the effectiveness and progress of the products being tested, and automation testing efforts being applied
- Coordinate automation test efforts with other QA support groups (Test Labs, Test Environments QA functional test resources, and SCRUM Masters).
- Comply with all centralized QA processes and policies
- Develop and maintain effective communication relationships with both technical and non-technical project team members.
- Manage and organize automated test effort deliverables with QA Leads, the QA Manager, and other Project stakeholders.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Computer Science, communications, information systems, etc.)
- 5 – 10 years hands-on test experience in a web, SOA, mobile, data warehouse, and/or enterprise application environments.
- Experience testing Java, Web Services, ESB, and Internet based applications.
- Experience with Agile, QA Methodologies, and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with test tool integrations and process governance.
- Familiar with test tools, test automation (Performance, Load, Functional, and SOA)
- 2 – 5 years in a Test Lead role.
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and metrics reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.