ALLDATA Employee Reviews in United States

territory manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  soutnern illinois territoryMay 15, 2016
managed by me for the majority of my employment
learned to manage my daily time
upper management began micromanaging
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping a struggling shop by more efficient
Pros
home office based
Cons
micromanged
A market leader being challenged in a very competitive industry.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 8, 2016
Competition has gained market share and product advantages over traditional product lines. Rapid adjustments are being made to create a customer driven work environment and value added product offerings.
Telesales Software sales
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 11, 2016
The Alldata sales culture is fast paced, short sales periods, and commission is low unless you hit quota and exceed then it is pretty good.
You will live on the phone and use the Microsoft CRM tool. Cubicle environment makes you know your co-workers well. Compensation plan has changed 4 times in the 2 years I have been there. Some things that should change, don't. Other things that should be set and kept constantly change...
Pros
Good benefits, Peets coffee
Cons
Unstable mgmt
Horrible Place to work
Senior Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 14, 2015
Management has no clue and is in it for themselves....
Products are outdated with no future in site....
Very untrustworthy people and environment.....
I would not recommend to my worst enemy....
Pros
None other than money
Cons
They are con artists stay away...
Not the best place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 12, 2015
Lack of communication from management, along with NO marketing plan makes this a lousy telemarketing job. Expect to cold call B2B with 75% of your calls being Disconnected.

With a few changes, like putting money into the products, coming out with a strong marketing plan, and better leadership, this could be a great company.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea
Cons
Poor Communication, BAD Management
Fun and competetive job with meeting a lot of new people.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 7, 2015
My typical day at work consist of cold calls, activities such as visiting
customers on field, build relationships with the owners and managers, Demo our multiple products, uploading new visits in my GPS for the next day, Make appointments, Attending meeting with other A.S.M, collaborating with Account Managers regarding Accounts, Log in daily Activities In Microsoft Dynamics.
Pros
Visiting with Current and new customers.
Cons
Major changes in organization policies.
Order Processing
Order Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 28, 2015
I worked everyday & was very satisfied with my work environment. I really enjoyed learning more about our products & service as the improvements were made. I had knowledgeable team members to work with and our roles changed quit a bit.
Pros
On site lunch room, on site gym
Cons
got a little hard to advance
Productive and Fun work place
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 3, 2015
Great company to work for with Great people.
Learned a lot about team work, with good coworkers in my department. Flexible and understanding Manager that makes sure we have all the right tools to be Successful
good company
Member of Technical Support Staff / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove CAMay 11, 2015
I can not say how the company is now but when I worked there it was amazing, tight culture and a very close family dynamic. WHY DO I NEED TO KEEP WRITING REVIEWS I SAID WHAT I NEEDED TO!
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Managers are very cool,work culture mainly comprises of people who are very seasoned and a lot to learn about systems from them.
Great Company to work for
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Great environment to work in. New building with an in house gym. Most of the people are easy to get along with. Great opportunity for advancement with this company. A'lot of new products being released.
Great Company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 12, 2015
I had a great years and great people to work with. Very good benefits and great pay.
Do not apply at alldata... The worst!!!!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 10, 2014
I have been with the company a little over 2-years and I have never seen such a poorly ran company... The management team is not in touch at all with the staff, it is a cut-throat environment, upper management does not support floor managers, comp plans change often, the company thinks of ways not to pay you, territory split is horrible and unfair - you have 1 rep that will cover east and west coast areas, all aspects of this business are poorly planned...

We have individuals making changes and creating a comp plan with no sales experience or education what so ever... The sales team is not heard but we are held accountable for everything within the organization...

The most recent comp plan is a joke... 28% of our sales staff meets goal on a monthly basis and the rest are really struggling... What does the company do, they rise the monthly goal by $3800.00...

I / several of us are actively looking for new employment... I will tell you this, when the right position comes along, I QUIT!!!!!

All the advertising the company does about making over $100K, that is a lie... 28% of the sales staff make over that and the rest of us are at $50K to $80K...

AUTOZONE REALLY NEEDS TO COME IN AND TAKE SERIOUS INVENTORY...
Pros
my co-workers, previous sales management, nice break-room and workout room
Cons
comp plans, useless employees, unrealistic expectations, very poor senior / upper management
Very interesting company to work for
Global Online Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 26, 2014
I liked ALLDATA for a number of reasons, but many were because of the people and the products that they put into people's hands so that their lives were better.

I enjoyed working with the staff and the opportunity to learn new things about an industry I knew little about.

I grew the business because I was enthusiastic and liked the product and the people I serviced.
Pros
great training
Cons
not enough time in the position. i would have loved to stay longer.
Terrible unhappy place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 23, 2014
Worst outside sales management in history. Company leaders aren't concerned with the morale of their sales force. They also change policies more often than any company on the planet, and you can imagine in whose favor their changes lean.

Main product stale, losing customers at alarming rate. Bring on new half-baked products that always partner with another company, and it's bad. Don't work properly, don't implement for months but still make customers pay.

All missed sales goals are blamed on outside rep. Supposedly unsuccessful products are outside reps fault. So they hire new force for one product, guess what, it still flops, now back to single force, sort of. Trying out a new program, hire a rep to call on existing customers only, and disallow regular rep to call on them, and where, in one of the best territories in the country. Smart, pixx off one of your top reps...get a brain.
Pros
they give you one free cheap polo shirt when you start.
Cons
make you share rooms at any company function unless management.
Outside Sales Representative
Software Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 3, 2013
My best job! Honestly I missed this company. I became close to my accounts because of the sales nature of Alldata. There is a lot repeat business because of software tools they provided for the auto repair industry.

Great management and team work with my co-workers was just awesome.

Hardest part was continueing to find new business during a down economy, especially since a lot of shops closed their businesses!

Most enjoyable ~ the relationships I established with my customers! Some are still friends today!
Pros
software packages really helped the repair industry improve their time management
Cons
economy really hurt a lot of businesses!
Great sales team. Poor managerial organization
Inside Telesales (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 5, 2013
Wonderful sales team to work with. Great compensation but poorly run company in whole. Had a great time making good money while it presented itself.
Sound company with excellent name recognition within the industry.
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Field Sales in central NJ.February 5, 2013
A typical day in the life of an ALLDATA sales rep would include cold calling on automotive repair shops within your given territory as well as scheduled stops to perform demonstrations of current products. While you are on the road, you would be expected to make phone calls for follow-ups and cold initial contacts.
Management styles vary throughout the company but overall there is a great deal of freedom of movement to own your schedule and mange your territory as you see fit. Opportunities for advancement into management come around regularly.
Co-worker interaction is limited simply by geographics but there are scheduled training seminars and a National Sales event in CA once per year when co-workers gather as teams.
What I have found to be most challenging about the job is maintaining a consistent schedule. Many times your day will instantly change with a customer service call or an opportunity to sign a deal many miles away from your current location. Being flexible enough to roll along with demand is important but can disrupt carefully laid out sales plans. You will need to know when to hand off issues to customer service or tech support at the home office in order to stick to your business plan.
For myself, the most enjoyable part of the job is having my success directly dependent upon my own activity level. If I'm working hard, I know I'm going to meet my sales goals and my income needs. There are no excuses in this position, hard work and focus are rewarded with financial gain. I like vacation time so I slam it home for months because I know I can take time with my family
  more... when I like .
Overall, I would recommend a position with this company to anyone that can consistently self-start, effectively manage their own time and a territory, and perform consultive sales.
Pros
consistently meet my income requirements, enjoyed a good balance between work and family time.
Cons
new product development slow to respond, constant pay-plan changes
They deserve negative rating stars
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Southeast / Central USNovember 14, 2012
Absolutely the worst job I've ever had, a typical day according to ALLDATA is 25 + visits, calls using their full of 40% junk customer prospect database, and then entering all of those calls into their database so they can tell you how terrible you do.

I think this says it all, you cannot have your own cell phone number on your business cards, must use provided 800 number. There is only one reason for that, to make it easier to transition the territory to another rep.

Completely demoralized sales force, worst sales management I've ever seen in my 30 + years of outside selling. Upper management has ZERO experience in running sales force, and middle management are used as yes men, and to carry the big stick. The big joke in my region for about two years was we heard from the region manager the Thursday before the end of the month, and hear him say let's close hard, what a joke, he spent all month riding his harley and fishing.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
management, comp plan, everything else
Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2012
Outside sales of Automotive Repair/ Marketing to automotive aftermarket. Repair service centers and New car Dealerships
Pros
no one hanging over your shoulder.
Cons
management changes compensation at will.

2.8