ALLDATA Employee Reviews

Glad to be gone
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 28, 2017
Poorly run organization

They changed their salary and vehicle lending right from the start

Would not see this as a long term position that would be rewarding and personally satisfying
Productive and Fast-paced.
Director of Sales Effectiveness and Development (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 28, 2017
ALLDATA is the market leader in providing electronic OEM repair information in the Automotive mechanical and collision repair business segments. It is an exciting place to work.
Automotive Repair DB for independent Auto facilities
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Company growing in a niche market for automotive repair companies in North America and Europe. Owned by a larger aftermarket auto parts compan, ie. AutoZone.
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 30, 2016
Alldata is automotive software for repair shops and dealerships. It is up to the sales representative to create his/her own leads and develop a sales territory.
Excellent Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 3, 2016
AllData is an excellent company to work for. I worked as an Inside Sales Territory Representative. The training program is one of the best I have ever trained with. AllData also has an excellent benefits program,
best product on the market for auto repair info
Out Side Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2016
Alldata has mostly the best product on the market for engine repair info. it a fun job i love my customer. Sometimes it's changeling but over all it's great.
But our management is horrible. I don't mean the management right above me. I'm talking about from the top down. We have had some change to our management, but it always seems to be the same. We are own by autozone and that may be were the problem is. I think autozone is a great company. Alldata seems to rule by Kayos. There are always on going changes. Mostly pay and territory. They seem to always be tinkering with it.
Pros
great product
Cons
upper management
territory manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  soutnern illinois territoryMay 15, 2016
managed by me for the majority of my employment
learned to manage my daily time
upper management began micromanaging
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping a struggling shop by more efficient
Pros
home office based
Cons
micromanged
A market leader being challenged in a very competitive industry.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 8, 2016
Competition has gained market share and product advantages over traditional product lines. Rapid adjustments are being made to create a customer driven work environment and value added product offerings.
Telesales Software sales
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 11, 2016
The Alldata sales culture is fast paced, short sales periods, and commission is low unless you hit quota and exceed then it is pretty good.
You will live on the phone and use the Microsoft CRM tool. Cubicle environment makes you know your co-workers well. Compensation plan has changed 4 times in the 2 years I have been there. Some things that should change, don't. Other things that should be set and kept constantly change...
Pros
Good benefits, Peets coffee
Cons
Unstable mgmt
Horrible Place to work
Senior Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 14, 2015
Management has no clue and is in it for themselves....
Products are outdated with no future in site....
Very untrustworthy people and environment.....
I would not recommend to my worst enemy....
Pros
None other than money
Cons
They are con artists stay away...
Not the best place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 12, 2015
Lack of communication from management, along with NO marketing plan makes this a lousy telemarketing job. Expect to cold call B2B with 75% of your calls being Disconnected.

With a few changes, like putting money into the products, coming out with a strong marketing plan, and better leadership, this could be a great company.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea
Cons
Poor Communication, BAD Management
Fun and competetive job with meeting a lot of new people.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 7, 2015
My typical day at work consist of cold calls, activities such as visiting
customers on field, build relationships with the owners and managers, Demo our multiple products, uploading new visits in my GPS for the next day, Make appointments, Attending meeting with other A.S.M, collaborating with Account Managers regarding Accounts, Log in daily Activities In Microsoft Dynamics.
Pros
Visiting with Current and new customers.
Cons
Major changes in organization policies.
Order Processing
Order Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 28, 2015
I worked everyday & was very satisfied with my work environment. I really enjoyed learning more about our products & service as the improvements were made. I had knowledgeable team members to work with and our roles changed quit a bit.
Pros
On site lunch room, on site gym
Cons
got a little hard to advance
Productive and Fun work place
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 3, 2015
Great company to work for with Great people.
Learned a lot about team work, with good coworkers in my department. Flexible and understanding Manager that makes sure we have all the right tools to be Successful
good company
Member of Technical Support Staff / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove CAMay 11, 2015
I can not say how the company is now but when I worked there it was amazing, tight culture and a very close family dynamic. WHY DO I NEED TO KEEP WRITING REVIEWS I SAID WHAT I NEEDED TO!
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Managers are very cool,work culture mainly comprises of people who are very seasoned and a lot to learn about systems from them.
Great Company to work for
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Great environment to work in. New building with an in house gym. Most of the people are easy to get along with. Great opportunity for advancement with this company. A'lot of new products being released.
Great Company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 12, 2015
I had a great years and great people to work with. Very good benefits and great pay.
Do not apply at alldata... The worst!!!!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 10, 2014
I have been with the company a little over 2-years and I have never seen such a poorly ran company... The management team is not in touch at all with the staff, it is a cut-throat environment, upper management does not support floor managers, comp plans change often, the company thinks of ways not to pay you, territory split is horrible and unfair - you have 1 rep that will cover east and west coast areas, all aspects of this business are poorly planned...

We have individuals making changes and creating a comp plan with no sales experience or education what so ever... The sales team is not heard but we are held accountable for everything within the organization...

The most recent comp plan is a joke... 28% of our sales staff meets goal on a monthly basis and the rest are really struggling... What does the company do, they rise the monthly goal by $3800.00...

I / several of us are actively looking for new employment... I will tell you this, when the right position comes along, I QUIT!!!!!

All the advertising the company does about making over $100K, that is a lie... 28% of the sales staff make over that and the rest of us are at $50K to $80K...

AUTOZONE REALLY NEEDS TO COME IN AND TAKE SERIOUS INVENTORY...
Pros
My co-workers, previous sales management, nice break-room and workout room
Cons
Comp Plans, useless employees, unrealistic expectations, very poor senior / upper management
Very interesting company to work for
Global Online Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 26, 2014
I liked ALLDATA for a number of reasons, but many were because of the people and the products that they put into people's hands so that their lives were better.

I enjoyed working with the staff and the opportunity to learn new things about an industry I knew little about.

I grew the business because I was enthusiastic and liked the product and the people I serviced.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Not enough time in the position. I would have loved to stay longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLDATA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8