Allegheny County

Allegheny County Employer Reviews

Probation Officer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2014
Being able to assist defendants in their every day needs and make improvements in their lives is rewarding in itself.
Political environment
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, relationships with companies and other departments
Cons: political unfairness
Allegheny County Council is a political office that was constantly changing. This constant change was the most enjoyable, ad the hardest part of the job for me because it presented me with constant and consistent challenges. The face and environment of the office changed with each election. This was the greatest challenge, though not impossible. Just – more... challenging.

"A typical day at work" didn't exist. I worked directly under the Director of Budget and Administration as well as 15 Council Members. Each one requiring/demanding something different and all possessing different characters, emotions, and personalities.

I got along well with all of my co-workers, Directors, Council Members, Department heads ad employees of other departments in Allegheny County. – less
Persons in the main call area are ones who like to start rumors about new hires.
Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: mandated hours at times, working 4hrs to 8hrs over
Taking emergency calls
I have learned patience and understanding for persons who are under stressful situations.
The management has its ups and downs, depending on who is on call when you are working. They have been know to choose their favorite people in the center.
I learned to be careful of some of the co-workers, not to get too close with some. – more... As I stated they have ones who like to start rumors and give new hires a rough time.
The hardest part of the job was to not take the work home with you after having very stressful and painful calls.
The most enjoyable part was knowing I was helping someone in time of need and gave them comfort in knowing I was there for them. – less
Allegheny County Court Of Common Pleas (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: compensation
The ability to be able to work with individuals that have various backgrounds.
An overall valuable learning experience
Project Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2014
An internship that allows to learn a lot about local government, public policy implementation, and gives a student an opportunity to add value and share ideas and strategies with the decision-makers.
Productive and busy Long Term Care Facility
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches and free parking
Cons: when a resident passes on
I enjoy my duties at my current place of employment, there is never a boring day.
Management out of touch with reality of every-day activities