Allegheny General Hospital Employee Reviews

Always wanted to work at AGH..
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2017
I really loved working at AGH, it was a dream of mine since I was younger. My job was great, we were pretty busy most days. My coworkers were not the greatest and ended up being the reason I left.
Pros
Busy work days.
Cons
Some staff and management.
been many years since i worked there
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2017
worked as CA and intern in college. Has been many years since I have worked there and do not feel comfortable giving a review due to many years of absence.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
parking
Great learning experience!
Observer (Former Employee) –  Department of GastroenerolgyMarch 17, 2017
Allegheny general hospital was a remarkable experience. As an observer, I learned a lot about the American medical system. The day began with rounds at 7:30 and would end at around 5:00 pm. There is a great variety of pathology and procedures that one can observe. The academic sessions are very productive, they involve teaching during rounds and daily noon conferences. The most enjoyable part of the job was being actively involved in the differential diagnoses and improving my knowledge as a physician.
Okay money, poor management.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 3, 2017
There's really too much to say. This job is terrible. Really it all comes down to management, they're all somehow someway clueless as to what is going on in the kitchen yet somehow they're always present to have the opportunity to visually see and hear everything that goes on. They play the favorites game way too much and the treatment of hard working employees is very lopsided compared to the lazy ones. I did just about every position in the department besides cooking and cashier and they relied upon me for so many things but still got treated like a doormat but if you sucked at this job and you complained about anything and everything you'll be treated like gold! The schedule was nice hours though 630-3pm. And the union is terrible they don't even try to stick up for you all they care about is your signatures on things! I've seen people literally quit the job after an hour into their first day, in fact I've never seen so many people come and go in one department and you'd think human resources would look into why so many people keep quitting but guess they're just as pointless as the supervisors.
Pros
Every other weekend off if you're full time
Cons
Just about everything else lol
Volunteer worker
Courier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2017
Delivered mail and medical records. was a nice place to spend time volunteering until the stupid robots came and stole my job.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Robots
Fast-paced environment with friendly staff
SR. BILLING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Multi-tasking is required in a fast-paced environment with help needed in other departments. Staff and patients are friendly and helpful, and hours are flexible.
Pros
Free lunch 2 days a week, discount at local businesses and Verizon
Cons
Parking is challenging, but shuttle service is provided
nice place to work but they need to pay more
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Side, PAJanuary 29, 2017
Money wise it was not the best. I could not leave with my paycheck, I had to find something else. I heard things had changed for the best.I hope so. if they really increase the salary I would like to go back and work for them
Pros
I was paying for my lunch, I was oka with it
Cons
healthcare great
Fun
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Typical work
learned a lot
workplace was fun
cool people
enjoyable all the time
not very many hard parts to my job
Management was awesome
Pros
dfgadf
Cons
dang
Face paced work setting
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2017
Review Tally reports for the day
Assemble workstation according to tally report
Manage time wisely
Developing a good rapport with co-workers, supervisors, and patients was very important
Pros
Excellent Heathcare
productive workplace with a lot of motivation
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2017
it was a over night position, a new atmosphere for me that I learned a lot from dealing with patients coming in from the emergency room, cleaning up a lot of blood wasn't bad as I thought it would be but it was challenging and new for me also easy for me to adapt. The part enjoyed the most was cleaning rooms knowing that I can keep a lot of germs away and prevent others from getting sick.
Loved working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2017
Working in the TICU and as a flight nurse was the best experience I have ever had. The TICU had cutting edge technology and was a great place to learn. I would have continued to work there if we hadn't relocated.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
location
I find there is favoritism
Kidney/Liver Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 7, 2017
It is a good place to work, but I feel there can be favoritism at least in My department. Working in the transplant department has given me a new respect for life. Basically all the people in the department are wonderful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2016
My work day started by taking vital signs. Assisting patients with baths. Also assisting patients in and out of bed. Checking blood sugar levels. Assisting nurses in rotating flacid patients postions.
learn something new every day
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2016
very busy, always work to do, learn lots of different jobs with in the laboratory,management was nice I got along with them as well as my co-workers.The hardest part of job was when it was not enough people to perform your job as well. Having a job and no you are caring for others.
Pros
if you got sick you had a doctor with in hospital
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Allegheny General Hospital
OR Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2016
I do support Allegheny General Hospital and Surgeons other teams are wonderful teamworks! Work/Life balance are great. I do learn lot new stuffs for my experience.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2016
day starts at 5am to 1pm working at employee parking lot checking windshield tags of employees as they enter the parking area the most fun part of the got to ride a bike.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Hit or Miss
Resource Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2016
The people you work with generally make or break your work experience & the same applies here. Working in a level 1 trauma hospital has its challenges but if you thrive in a sometimes-chaotic environment you'll find it fulfilling. I was lucky in that I had excellent supervisors & managers. The pay is better than at UPMC also.
In General Pretty Good
HIM Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2016
To be fair I am in an entry level position so this may effect my average/just above rating. Typically you see and feel that people are just biding their time to just get to the next position.
Pros
Unions
Cons
Staffing
Excellent internships available
Neuropsychology Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2016
Extremely interesting and educational internships available. Great doctor and intern staff available to support and share knowledge with. Flexible schedule for internships.
fast paced, ever changing environment
Operating Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 1, 2016
The Operating Room can be a very challenging but fun environment. There is a tight nit group of people who work in the OR and are very concerned about the welfare of their patient population and about their co-workers. You can expect a different work experience almost every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Allegheny General Hospital Reviews by Location