Allegheny General Hospital

Allegheny General Hospital Employer Reviews

The most memorable moments.
COOK (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: short commute and great team players
Cons: flexed shifts and pay raises minimal.
The time and privilege that I had to spend and work with all my colleagues at the time of my employment was great. Everyone took their responsibilities very seriously and approached all task with professionalism. when time permitted, everyone did what they could to help one another when needed. I believe that this type of camaraderie aided to the successful daily operations of our establishment.
Good place to work.
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Good place to work but very limited access for basic science research. Suitable for people who wants to have clinical research career.
good job to work at, room for better oppurtunities
Environmental Services Mentor Associate (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: healthcare, good schedule, every other weekend off
Cons: seeing people sad because of patients passing away or hurt badly
I trained new employees, show how to clean discharge rooms and other parts of the hospital such as bathrooms, visitor area, doctors office, nursing stations. Learned skills of how to train people giving me a responsibility to take my job very serious and show others how serious it is. management was good but always room for improvement. Met a lot of good workers most people been there for a lot of years. Hardest part was always making sure i got everything done and in a timely manner. I enjoyed the great benefits that they provided and many opportunities that was given.
supporitive co workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 1, 2014
usually unde rstaffed..high stress enviroment with no support from upper management
great work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 1, 2014
at the time i was pregnant but i liked working here moving face pace but i had a whole floor to clean bathrooms making beds moping floors changing garbage cans ect
love
Dietary Aide/Server (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2014
love getting to know the patients and having an positive impact on their lives. its a busy 10 hr day but enjoyable. management is awesome. co workers are ok but not dedicated team players as often as we should be. hardest is 10hr days.
an enjoye place to work
Gift Shop Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2014
Pros: parking good
outstanding people and organization

working for a non profit group
Very Micromanaged
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 4, 2014
No room to advance or grow. Management creates a low moral work environment.
Fast paced environment with demanding schedules.
Staff Radiographer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: constantly evolving in your skills to keep up with the pace.
Cons: you are not appreciated by management and they don't back you up.
I Loved going to work and doing my job. The job was challenging and demanding at times but I rose to the challenges and succeeded in accomplishing the tasks with compassion and efficiency.
My co-workers were great to work with and we all believed in teamwork and helping one another out to take great care of our patients. I learned from techs from other learning institutions and it helped to make me a better tech.
The doctors appreciated our work and it made their jobs easier and more successful.
The turn around of employees due to the schedule demands and changes were an uphill battle for management. You have to keep employees to run a department efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I helped someone get better. If I provide quality films and it helps with a diagnosis and the road to recovery and wellness, that makes my job worth doing.
Fast-paced, responsibilities are many and extremely urgent.
Telephone Operator / Scheduler (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2014
Expected the best from this organization. They are somewhat disorganized and unresponsive to suggestions. Co-workers stick together. We are responsible for many emergency situations and handle them with ease. Some requirements of us are done without training or knowledge.
Best hospital in Pittsburgh
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2014
Great people and clinical knowledge of physicians, nurses and staff are well beyond any in the Pittsburgh area.
Enjoyed caring for patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: lack of equipment and managerial support when needed
I have been a bedside nurse in an acute care setting for over 14 years. Love helping people heal and meeting their needs and making a difference in their day. I can get along well with all personalities. The hardest part of this job was no management that could role model positive behavior for the staff. Staff had no accountability and made it very hard for all of us who truly cared and wanted to do a great job. I have learned a lot about treating people fairly and improving morale. I have all the qualities to be a great manager.
ok
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2014
my greatest accomplishment was finding out that I love to care for people.this was my first foot in the door for the medical field and I learned that your heart has to be in everything that you do in life
Never know what you get, walking into a patients room
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great teamwork, getting to know patients
Cons: management always seem to focus on the negatives. a lot of turnover
Very productive and very hectic work environment. Carried a pager for specific floors that you were responsible for. We tried to work as a team, even though it may not have been your floor. Catching up at the end of your shift was quit difficult, because management disapproved overtime. I enjoyed getting to know the patients and just being there for theme during their recovery, rehab, surgery...etc. It was a awesome feeling knowing that you could make a difference in their healing process.
Growth and Stability
Barista/ Dispatch (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 13, 2014
Allegheny General Hospital is a wonderful working environment that recognizes and appreciates talent. They offered me wonderful opportunities for growth within the company while I was there.
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Piitsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2014
I throughly enjoyed my time at AGH. The only reason I left was to join the ministry.
Fantastic Internship
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2014
The employees at AGH Dentistry are fantastic to be around. I had learned a lot there. I was not there that long but it feet like I was there for a long time being a high school student at the time it was an honor working with everyone of them.
This facility reminded me of Barnes Jewish Hospital
Surgical Technician Externship (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: the or was huge so they received all types of cases and i was excited to scrub in on some of them.
Cons: the hospital was located in pittsburgh, which caused me to have to leave my son back at home with my mother for a month.
I did my first trauma case at this hospital. I was exciting and interesting because the patient who had been shot, was shot outside of the resident building I lived in.
secure,stable,work environment
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: health benifits etc.
Cons: tedious, low morale, soul crushing
if you are looking for a stble work environment this maybe is it. at the moment there is alot of restructuring going on within the healthcare system with Highmark stepping in.and alot of uncertainty with specific jobs in the hospital.having worked in healthcare for a great many of years you could equate Allegheny General hospital as a weell oiled hot dog stand at best
My Job was to work in the Cardiovascular Department.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PA 320 North avenueJuly 16, 2014
Pros: they had given free lunches which were very nice
Cons: they have short breaks was very nice also and relaxing
The experience I had there was very exciting to me, I have learn to work well with others and that some patients need more assistant then others do. The job has been very challenging for me which is what I like, the experience I had was: Filing, assisting patients in rooms, taking vitals, cleaning rooms which was in the medical department.
In the Administrative department: Filing, during medical records, organizing them and putting them in charts.
In the vascular department: Filing patients records, putting them in books for each month, organizing them for each month before I left my externship that was three months I have completed the calendar years of: 2011,2012 and 2013 which all was completed. I have got along with every one there they were very nice.

1 2 3 4