Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

Biller
Senior Patient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2017
worked on holds in the morning then billed claims in the afternoon. involved called hospital and pts and customer service to resolve issues and trouble shoot problems.Enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
audits
Awesome company dedicated to patient care.
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 18, 2017
The workplace culture is that of community and family. My co workers are truly my family and I know that they care. Their dedication to patient care is the drive that makes the organization strive to be the best.
Stressful work load, little to no chance of advancement.
Creative Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2017
We had been short staffed for the last 2 1/2 years of my employment there. Because of that, I had to assume many more roles and became overworked and overwhelmed and it was looking like I had no chance for advancement.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Long commute and no chance for advancement.
Work Culture
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 30, 2017
The work culture of this company is very cut-throat. You are expected to know everything with little to no training and the due dates for projects are plucked out of thin air.
Unwilling to train
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2017
management was unwilling to train properly. You had to do 150 claims a day and only had 30 a day to do so there was not way you were going to meet your quota.
large, teaching environment
Diabetes Navigator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2017
Large, rapidly growing health system, thus employees feel that things are always changing. The staff are all hard working, caring people who put the patient first at all times.
Pros
Hospital supports and encourages learning
Cons
Always in a state of change
Culture change for the worse at AHN after Highmark takeover
Planning and Business Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Penn, PANovember 24, 2017
A lot of people who worked for AHN prior to takeover were pushed out. I loved working for the provider side of the business and would have been happy to retire from the company. My position was eliminated with no offer to find an alternate position for me. Severence package was calculated unfairly.
on the rebound
mid level manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 24, 2017
AHN has a lot of backing from Highmark. 100s of millions getting pumped in to protect the UPMC market. New leaders from cleveland clinic are still moving SVPs, CNOs, and the like around. should get on track in the next year or so
Fast paced and on your toes place to work.
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 24, 2017
The job here is awesome and I really love this job. But the upper management of this department leaves a lot to be desired. In my option they don't come and loot at the big picture and be right there in the trenches with us, before making changes.

The culture of the job is great.
The hardest part of my Job is trying to help family's of critical patients.

Coming to work I look as every day is an adventure.
Stressful and harmful
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2017
Theres drama and stress all day.
You come in and people are bullies.
Hippa is violated everyday.
You dont really learn anything.
The hardest part is nobody caring.
Poor compensation for position held
Master of nothing (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2017
Come on, you bust your butt all year & go above & beyond & the raise you killed yourself for on a daily basis amounts to less than what the cafeteria charges for breakfast. Instead of being based on your work output or ethic, it's based on what you currently make, not performance......when you complain that the raise is more like a slap in the face, you are told "we could have received nothing"....the one big wig sent out an e-mail stating that AHN is investing in its employees......they meant MANAGEMENT, not the people who actually do the work!
Pros
Mostly friendly atmosphere
Cons
Nurses act as though anyone who isn't a nurse is beneath them.
overall a comfortable place to work
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2017
learned billing and reimbursement , great people skills
enjoyable part of my job was making new friends and interacting with co workers and management
My Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2017
Start 8am Sharp
I learned to have patience listen
Management Helpful
Workplace culture changed
Get appointment right away
When you have done your best
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Hard to get time off for vacation
Nice and lovely place to work
Go Live Support (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2017
Educated and assisted Nurses on how to document encounters, manage their in-basket, preference list and effective use of their order sets

Assisted Clinicians as needed
Friendly work environment
Elite Care Connect Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2017
Great place to work. The wages are fair, management is friendly and caring. Overall, it's a very positive work environment. The job is fairly easy and you are actually helping people.
would love to work there again
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2017
I would love to work there again. loved there hours and the people. great hours Monday thru Friday. loved the overtime...some managers were hard to get along with
No work/life balance
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2017
The job itself wasn't fun, but it was definitely rewarding because of the patients. The nurses acted as if they were better than the aides and make it a very uncomfortable environment.
Cons
pay for parking and take shuttle to lot
Not for everyone
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2017
It takes forever to have questions answered. Pay is below average. Issues aren't brought to your attention until it is way after something has happened.
Pros
N/a
Great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2017
It is great to work alongside my amazing coworkers every day and to be able to execute the 4 core behaviors at AHN. I feel so challenged and rewarded for my job.
job
Collections Representative II/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2017
Coming to work and do my job well
made a lot of friends
the hardest part of the job no consistency or organization
worklace culture is very nice and kin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.