Allegheny Ludlum

Allegheny Ludlum Employer Reviews

good company
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Monaca, PAJanuary 27, 2014
good company family oriented staff great to work with

actually like going to work hardest part was leaving company
Typical Steelmill
Clerical Assistant-Steelworker (Former Employee), Leechburg, PADecember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: short notice of employees schedule changes, forced overtime.
Worked for engineering department for a very understanding, knowledgeable supervisor. Worked independently on Engineering blue prints and filing.
Not worth it
unknown (Former Employee), unknownJanuary 14, 2013
Cons: stress and will work you into the ground-unhappy workforce
Not much oppurtunities and a lot of back stabbing. Safety is alot of talk and no real concrete changes. Lip service. Old school way of thinking. Raises below average.
Company is self centered . Has total disregard for its employees and has manipulated the union to misrepresent its union members .
Utility Technician (Former Employee), Brackenridge, PADecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: has manipulated the union to conformity .
The company is not concerned for their employees safety or health .
Productive and Challenging workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Leechburg, PAMay 5, 2012
Pros: healthcare, ppe
Cons: scheduling
A typical day at the mill is processing Grain Oriented Electrical Steel (GOES) per customer requirements. Out of all of the years that I have worked for the company, I have learned that every operator has their own way of running their machine, and that no 2 operators are alike.

Of all the management personnel that I have worked for over the last 15 – more... years, the majority of them seem to be truly interested in what their employees have to say whether it is something about their machine or personal matters. As for my co-workers, they all have seemed to be very helpful and some have become very close friends with me and my family. I attribute this as we are there to perform the same job and want to see everyone go home to their families at the end of the day.

The hardest part of the job from a steel mill standpoint is knowing and accepting the fact that no 2 coils are exactly the same, and being able to make adjustments to the machine in order to process those coils can be challenging as well. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job, is when payday arrives and looking at the pay stub at the incentive portion and seeing that all of the hard work has paid off. – less

About Allegheny Ludlum

When it comes to steelmaking, Allegheny Ludlum has a plethora of alloys. Allegheny Ludlum, a subsidiary of Allegheny Technologies, – Read more