Allegheny Ludlum Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place. Wouldn't recommend it for my worst enemy.
Operating Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHDecember 11, 2015
There are no good points about life at Allegheny. Mismanagement, constant bullying and threatening from poor decision makers, chronic lies and daily attempts to discharge and discipline most of the hourly work force. If this sounds appealing then you're either screwed in the head or prime mismanagement material.
Learned different skills
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Was a very hard job do to physical nature. I also enjoyed the rotating work hours on a weekly basis.Helped me to learn the reality of having to work for a living.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work and weather conditions
Long term employment
Mechanical Technician to Scheduler Planner (Current Employee) –  Brackenridge, PASeptember 4, 2015
I'm looking for employment through a company that I can grow with and advance my career in. Good working atmosphere and colleagues.
Great Job / Inept Management
Senior Systems Repairman (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work except management doesn't understand simple economics. Makes judgement based on personal feelings and not on what their analysts are telling them.
Benefits
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, PAJune 27, 2014
Great place to work! The decline of the steel industry in the late 90s forced many people to reinvent themselves as jobs disappeared. However, the industry has rebounded and consequently the company is doing well again, I believe.
Typical Steelmill
Clerical Assistant-Steelworker (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PADecember 10, 2013
Worked for engineering department for a very understanding, knowledgeable supervisor. Worked independently on Engineering blue prints and filing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short notice of employees schedule changes, forced overtime.
Company is self centered . Has total disregard for its employees and has manipulated the union to misrepresent its union members .
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Brackenridge, PADecember 11, 2012
The company is not concerned for their employees safety or health .
Pros
nothing
Cons
has manipulated the union to conformity .
Not worth it
unknown (Former Employee) –  unknownJanuary 14, 2013
Not much oppurtunities and a lot of back stabbing. Safety is alot of talk and no real concrete changes. Lip service. Old school way of thinking. Raises below average.
Cons
stress and will work you into the ground-unhappy workforce
good company
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 27, 2014
good company family oriented staff great to work with

actually like going to work hardest part was leaving company
Productive and Challenging workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Leechburg, PAMay 5, 2012
A typical day at the mill is processing Grain Oriented Electrical Steel (GOES) per customer requirements. Out of all of the years that I have worked for the company, I have learned that every operator has their own way of running their machine, and that no 2 operators are alike.

Of all the management personnel that I have worked for over the last 15 years, the majority of them seem to be truly interested in what their employees have to say whether it is something about their machine or personal matters. As for my co-workers, they all have seemed to be very helpful and some have become very close friends with me and my family. I attribute this as we are there to perform the same job and want to see everyone go home to their families at the end of the day.

The hardest part of the job from a steel mill standpoint is knowing and accepting the fact that no 2 coils are exactly the same, and being able to make adjustments to the machine in order to process those coils can be challenging as well. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job, is when payday arrives and looking at the pay stub at the incentive portion and seeing that all of the hard work has paid off.
Pros
healthcare, ppe
Cons
scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Ludlum. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4