Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI)

Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) Employee Reviews

Unsafe
Certified Visual Dimensional Inspector (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 2, 2017
I was forced to resign because the air quality was poor and made me ill. I got occupational asthma from working at ATI. I had several doctors tell me I needed to resign.
Great company to work for
Account Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoy working with all my co-worker and managers, they all care about the people here. They don't have much to advance you in unless you have a lot of schooling.
Amazing place to be employed
Mill Worker (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 4, 2017
Mhealth reasons is the only reason that I'm seeking other employment. This place is top of the line with communication, training, benefits, and all aspects of the job.
Melting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 1, 2017
Titanium is a dying market, so one needs to be aware of the laws of supply and demand. Great place to work, felt like a family environment. Days were long but rewarding
Pros
Everything, fun place to work
Cons
Industry and competition
Process job with negative workplace and poor benefits
Design and Manufacturing, Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORAugust 30, 2017
I was an intern at ATI, and within my first 3 weeks my mentor and about 30 others were laid off. After that I noticed the high expectations from the President that didn't match the reality of being able to produce quality products. During our "Summer Celebration BBQ", we were given 45 minutes to cram some cheap and cold hot dogs and hamburgers down before returning to work. Never felt safe after the lay off, and watched multiple people leave the company as a result.
Pros
Prcess engineering for someone that doesn't want to do much in life
Cons
Poor employee relations, bad benefits, president expected too much
Terrible culture, very old school culture
Vendor & Conversion (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PA TCCAugust 26, 2017
A good company name to have on your resume and that is it. Expected to and forced overtime. The culture is throw you under the bus while walking on eggshells. New Upper management has no idea how to turn around company creating a high employee turnover at every level throughout company. Favoritism and nepotism are ruining the company. Will probably be bought out. Would only recommend short timer looking for a couple years experience to pad resume. But beware, put your armor on be ready to defend yourself everyday while being micromanaged.
Pros
Healthcare, pay
Cons
No raises or bonuses, company culture, overtime, unrealistic job demands
Great place to work.
General Manager of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 14, 2017
Worked for 31 plus years before retiring to go to NC Utilities Commission. As a Facility Engineer, it had many learning experiences. The company will provide an opportunity to make a career out of your service it that is what you are looking to do.
Great compensation/work environment
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, PAAugust 2, 2017
This was a great place to work. Unfortunately the Midland plant was closed and hundreds of jobs were lost with it. I thought I was going to retire from this place but now it is deserted. The corporate management is awful. They crammed their hot mill into a little town in Brackenridge, PA where they had to spend millions more than if they would have just built it in Midland, where they had over 100 acres of unused land right next to the Ohio River. Instead, they bought a bunch of single family homes and leveled an entire neighborhood to cram it into Brackenridge. The dumbest decision anyone's ever made.
Many negative changes over the years. You're just a number.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 2, 2017
Good pay. Company is pretty much ran by Human Resources. They have no real knowledge or understanding of how the manufacturing process takes place so they are basically incompetent due to this fact. You're just a number at best.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Like most big companies you're just a number.
Do not wok here
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 29, 2017
Taking a job at ATI has been my biggest regret. This company only wants employees that will keep doing everything the same way its been done for 30 years. There is no consistency in any HR policy. Employees are not treated fairly.
Pros
Cons
No flexability, Resistant to change
ManufactureAssoicate
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 23, 2017
Daily Broad Meet at shift change to give each other pass on. I sign document to make sure sample plan has not change. My work area is Marco Prep I make sure the CNC Manchine is running good and do my check lists to make sure it pass it inspect.
Productive and fun workplace
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 29, 2017
This was a good, easy job environment. The people were fun, the supervisor was good. Its the type of job that usually keeps someone busy. I hope in the future that I can find some place as good as that.
Good People to work with
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 15, 2017
There are lots of good people that work at ATI.
The opportunities for the casting market are huge as the aerospace market is in an upturn. ATI is committed to Safety
Good Money, Horrible Schedule
Process Technician - Drap Line (Former Employee) –  Midland, PAMay 13, 2017
you never know if you are going home when you show up for work. Scheduled typically six or seven days a week, and usually forced to work at least one double a week.
The company is working to increase profits
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brackenridge, PAApril 30, 2017
Over the last few years management has decreased some salaried employee benefits and increased costs to salaried employees for other benefits such as health care.
welding
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCMarch 31, 2017
nice job, no flexible schedule, nice people. I just found a better paying job. no complaints regarding people, job requirements, schedule or company. would recommend
Wages are good but health care and work schedule not so good.
Melter (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAMarch 23, 2017
I work 12 hour shifts 9 to 9 days can be long but productive. I learned a lot when it comes to safety and performing my daily job duties safely and accordingly.
This job pays very well.
CONDITIONING MANUFACTOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCMarch 16, 2017
It is a very easy job but a very technical job. If you do not preform your job correctly, you can cause some one to die. So this job can be very stessful.
Pros
The pay and time home is nice.
Cons
It is very stressful if you don't know your job.
Summary
Purchasing Manager MRO/Capital (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 11, 2017
Good benefits, Good people little direction, lack of future vision constantly changing, lots of continuous improvement opportunity, interaction between multiple depts. and division is a daily task
Pros
medical office on site, bonuses, great 401k
Cons
Overload of responsibility, run staffing to lean
Great work environment, good people with real team approach to get the job done
Leader Supply Chain Planning / Automotive (Former Employee) –  Midland, PAFebruary 21, 2017
ATI provided a good work atmosphere, with plenty of opportunity to learn and advance in both position and work skills.
The production planning group was fortunate to have good leadership and provided their employees with many opportunities.
Like so many steel companies they are trying to change their product mix which has been major change to all disciplines involved to remain competitive in the market. Change is required in the IT area badly, as many programs they use are very old, so finding information as well as long term information is not as easy to access and retain as it should be, but the costs associated as well as retraining of all the facilities would be expensive and extensive. Systems are not user friendly, which is without a doubt the hardest part of the job.
The people however at all the Beaver and Allegheny county plants were the most enjoyable part of the job. The have a great group of people, which is what makes them most successful.
Pros
The people and office environment
Cons
Old computer systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI). Our community is ready to answer.

2.8