ALLEGHENY VALLEY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Great learning experience
Radiology Student (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAApril 7, 2016
I am a student in the Radiology Department at Allegheny Valley Hospital. I have enjoyed learning from and working with technologists there. It has been a great learning experience.
Great learning expierence
Tray passer (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PANovember 27, 2015
This job gave me a lot of opportunities to learn how to respect people and clean well after others. I started my day off with cleaning the kitchen from the morning and afternoon crew. I then would start to out the patients trays in the cart to take them. After serving all of the patients, i would go back and collect all of the dirty trays. I would take them all downstairs so the others could start putting them in the dish washers. After they were all collected, i would stock off of the food and get ready for the next day.
Stay away
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Work not distributed fairly, top heavy with management who are not suitable for their positions, salary below market average, physical plant is deteriorating and not maintained, no recognition for job well done, poor employee moral, sent home often due to low census
Cons
no respect from management, no employer match for retirement savings, salary below market average
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Natrona HeightsAugust 9, 2015
I currently work for AHN. I love the Management and feel they are very fair and go out of their way to help whenever needed. Asking for time off is rarely a problem if given appropriate time for the request.The units are very busy so don't apply if you like to sit and talk.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Very busy
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAAugust 5, 2015
Was a great place to work for 12 years. Just wish they would help you work around schedule if emergency's come up. Didn't like when my cousin pasted away I was given an attitude by management and was told I was only allowed one day to grieve.
Pros
everything
Cons
Nice place to work, great employer
Staff Technologist and Clinical Site Instructor (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJuly 13, 2015
I am a mulit functioning techonologist. I can work almost any area in this department, thanks to the management of this facility. I enjoy my co workers and love the patients.
good people work there
Mental Health Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAApril 27, 2015
typical hospital work. good co-workers. never had problems with management. enjoyed working with patients. at times fast paced.
A great learning experience
Nurses Aide - RN (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJune 9, 2014
A typical day at work was never the same. What I learned was something new everyday. Management was teaching you to be a through nurse. My co-workers would assist you if you needed help. The hardest part of the job was being a new nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning .
Pros
very good teachers
Cons
shift work
registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PASeptember 27, 2014
I love small town hospitals. this is definetly one. Everyone appears friendly and people you don't know will say hi to you. Its very comforting. A typical day starts out in report at 7am sharp. then you pass out am meds, the do your assessments as you go, check for orders. after lunch its about the same thing. every nurse has their routine.
wonderful company
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  natrona heights,paDecember 14, 2013
excellent pay. great management. team work. overtime. great environment to work in.

Want to know more about ALLEGHENY VALLEY HOSPITAL?

Ask a question
Small hospital feeling
Perioperative Manager (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAMarch 25, 2014
Small hospital feeling, management not the best or supportive of staff issues.
Good starting place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PASeptember 19, 2013
The most enjoyable part is caring for the patients, there is some good co-workers that will help you out, I have learned a lot at the hospital both as a student and now a tech.
Pros
overall it is a good place to work
Cons
far drive
Fast paced emergency department.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJuly 29, 2014
Register patients for inpatient, outpatient, and emergency services. Learned a lot about third party payers.
Wonderful co-workers
ER Floor Nurse - RN (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAOctober 13, 2012
I work with some wonderful nurses, team players and great support staff. They are the best part of the job!
comfortable enviroment to work in.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Work load is moderate at time. When business is slow we are sent home.

ALLEGHENY VALLEY HOSPITAL Reviews by Location