Allegiant Travel Company

Allegiant Travel Company Employee Reviews

non respectful company
GOA (Current Employee), clearwater FlMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flight benefits (when you can actually use them)
Cons: no respect low pay
They hire you at "part-time" but I think I've worked one week where I didn't work more than 35 hours a week is not a part time job. The manger straight up lies to you. The 3 times you see them in a month. Get paid next to nothing for all the hard work you do, no respect is giving to you. You will get scheduled to work 3 to 5 hours but you'll end up working 10 to 12 hours a day. They say you can fly for free... Good luck trying to get off to use your flight benefits. I also never heard of a part time job you can't request off, to get off is to shift trade and no one ever wants to shift trade because they are normally working 8 to 12 hours for their shift they don't want to work more for you. A organization like this is very very on organized and does nothing to help them please remake them please like working for them.
Hmmm, well . . .
CSA (Former Employee), ClearwaterOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flight benefits, short shifts, diversity, industry experience
Cons: pay, immature, inconsiderate and unprofessional "supervisors"
There's a lot that needs to be worked on. Has the potential to be a great place to work if it were run LESS like a high school and MORE like a workplace. A lot of backbiting, cliques, inappropriate management/subordinate "bonds" that render effective conflict resolution pointless.

A lot of CSAs doing whatever it takes to get a "coveted" flight attendant position (mainly due to pay because these same people have the personalities of The Grumpy Cat with a labotomy). "Whatever it takes" may mean anything from tattling and brownosing, to pretending to know jobs they haven't a clue about and working 12 hours straight by picking up shifts (scheduling sucks, so the only option is to work a rooster shift or a mid shift with no overlaps-- so combining the two on any given workday results in 12-14 hours on the job).

There are "supervisors" that are nothing more than CSAs with 3 weeks more seniority. No leadership or management ability. No personality. No emotional intelligence or organizational skills. Just a mediocre title with a mega chip on their shoulders. Eye contact is a rarity.

Take the job if you don't need the pay for more than savings or paying utilities and if you need airline industry experience to be hireable elsewhere. Otherwise, keep it moving.
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), St. Petersburg/Clearwater - PIEAugust 9, 2014
Pros: working with good flight attendant crews.
Cons: working with bad flight attendant crews. they don't get it.
This company is the worst place I've ever worked. They DO NOT care about their employees. All they care about is running the operation like a bunch of cattle that are about to be mutilated. They hire management that are back-stabbing, unprofessional, mean, inhumane, just to mention a few.ff They are constantly watching you and they do not respect their people. Never seen an "airline" like this one. Everything is ONE-SIDED, THEIR SIDE.
DON'T WORK FOR THEM. NO KIDDING.
Great people at the St. Petersburg base
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: not enough hours
My typical day at work for Allegiant involved me checking passengers in for their flights, sometimes being the one to close those flights. If I wasn't doing that then I was either boarding flight as a gate agent, running disabled passengers in wheelchairs where they needed to go, or providing passenger security while passengers were boarding a flight or offloading.

I learned how to use Allegiant's system to check passengers in, sell tickets, look up flight information, and board passengers onto flights

My co-workers were amazing. They were extremely helpful, and very kind.
Fun and challenging at the same time.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: pot lucks, bagel and donuts on sundays
Cons: slow releasing updated information, example flight delays and cancellations.
Inbound call center. Sold air line tickets and vacation package including hotels, car rentals and show tickets. Made modification to custom travel plans when necessary.
Learn to ask the right questions and come up with solutions for customers who are unsure of travel plan changes.
Management team were very supportive.
My co-workers were very friendly and always ready to assist.
Hardest part of my job were informing a customer they have forfeited their funds due the company terms and conditions.
My most enjoyable part of the job were the incentives, free flight benifits,42" flat screen tv for top sales and more.
Great co workers.
Ground crew (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVDecember 12, 2011
Pros: being outside with airplanes
Cons: managment, backstabbers
Worst management team ever!!! worked hard for years. working 16 hrs per day 6-7 days a week, dont pay overtime for shift trades and dont communicate well with employees. Nearly all employees fired and jobs outsouced... after years of service.