Allegiant Travel Company

Allegiant Travel Company Employee Reviews in United States

Fired, for doing right thing!
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  WithheldDecember 26, 2015
Having just viewed a Tampa, FL area TV.news segment about an Allegiant Air mechanic WITH A TON OF EXPERIENCE who voluntarily resigned after just two, he spoke out CLEARLY about the very same reasons I was FIRED! ( Refusing to sign off on something that wasn't right)

Although I went to the company with minimal experience, and after being fired for reasons I know I got fired for, as talked about in this guy's news story and trusting his experience of over 30 years and looking at all the DESERVED bad press and passenger complaints about Allegiant, I now don't feel so bad about standing my ground and refusing to dispatch an A-320 because we didn't have the parts required to do so. But, my Allegiant management saw it differently. As it turns out, that very aircraft made an emergency landing for the very reason I wouldn't sign it off on its originating morning flight. I know so because it was all over the news, typical of an Allegiant incident and also because Allegiant email is a wide open source for even fired employees to get the information.

Join on with Allegiant fellow licensed aircraft mechanic's but be forewarned. My story is not an exception. And, it's obvious by how many of Allegiant's flights continue to make emergency landing or whatever. You will get poo-poo training and except to get no help with a problem if you need it. Neither the other mechanics, your so-called lead mechanic and especially your supervisor or manager have the vaguest of clues or experience to assist you. You are forced to work ridiculous overtime that in fact is also in violation of what the
  more... FAA says you can work.

The pay for a starting mechanic is actually the best in the industry, health benefits are below par though. You can fly for free but, who the heck wants to fly on one of these aircraft.

Anyway, because of INDEED, I'm at another large commercial airline who has trained me and ALWAYS has experienced over-sight whenever I need it and patiently explain if I did something wrong.

Bye bye Allegiant. And good radiance!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
See my review. It should say it all.
Productive place to work at that does like to cut corners and save money
manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2015
Like to keep a tight budget while seeing only what they like to see. Have to kiss up to keep moving up. I would not reccomend working here, have a lot of spotlight in the media.
Good company to work for
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
I answered incoming customer phone calls, assisted people with making travel reservations. I became experienced in handling escalated calls, customer complaints, etc. Overall attained 4 years plus in customer service environment.
regulars made the day
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 12, 2015
Awesome hole in the wall! I had a blast getting to know all the regulars and establishing an individual relationship with all of them. unfortunanly it closed down.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
Allegiant is a great company to work for the decide to eliminate the at work home program if I could afford to move I would have.A typical day-book reservation,cancel reservation,split passenger off reservation,take complaints,quotes,look up flight information.Worked from home the leads we had to call were very helpful.The hardest part was the wait the phones lines were very busy to get approvals,the most enjoyable part when you can solve a passengers problem.
Pros
Working from home & could help other co-workers picking up hours
Cons
couldn't move to Las Vegas wanted everyone there expensive
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 2, 2015
I am not one to talk bad about an employer, everyone's experience is different. Everyone will have a different experience.
When ever there is a shift in culture, there will be those who will certainly give push back.
Poor focus on company potential
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2015
The company could have so much positive potential if the focus (or as the company calls it "core values") was on customer service. I truly believe the company purposefully made the website next to impossible to navigate for the customers. Somehow the company decided it was not useful for customers to make changes or cancellations online when it was taken away two years ago. It forced customers to call and wait for 40-60 minutes. Hearing each caller complain about the hold time was tiresome. The past year there was a change in so called "better software" for the employees to use to help change or cancel reservations and it was the worst software the company bought or designed. It took longer to be able to help the customer which of course causes longer wait times. To top all those off, management had been very hard at work on pressuring employees to transfer calls to a third party company about a supposed rewards program which I think is fraudulent considering most of the company's customers travel once or twice a year and the rewards program benefits those that are frequent travelers. The only bright side to the job was the other employees. They were the most friendly and helpful people to be around. Many things changed when I was there and it was good for the company's pocket but bad for the customers.
non respectful company
GOA (Current Employee) –  clearwater FlMarch 13, 2015
They hire you at "part-time" but I think I've worked one week where I didn't work more than 35 hours a week is not a part time job. The manger straight up lies to you. The 3 times you see them in a month. Get paid next to nothing for all the hard work you do, no respect is giving to you. You will get scheduled to work 3 to 5 hours but you'll end up working 10 to 12 hours a day. They say you can fly for free... Good luck trying to get off to use your flight benefits. I also never heard of a part time job you can't request off, to get off is to shift trade and no one ever wants to shift trade because they are normally working 8 to 12 hours for their shift they don't want to work more for you. A organization like this is very very on organized and does nothing to help them please remake them please like working for them.
Pros
flight benefits (when you can actually use them)
Cons
no respect low pay
Hmmm, well . . .
CSA (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterOctober 22, 2014
There's a lot that needs to be worked on. Has the potential to be a great place to work if it were run LESS like a high school and MORE like a workplace. A lot of backbiting, cliques, inappropriate management/subordinate "bonds" that render effective conflict resolution pointless.

A lot of CSAs doing whatever it takes to get a "coveted" flight attendant position (mainly due to pay because these same people have the personalities of The Grumpy Cat with a labotomy). "Whatever it takes" may mean anything from tattling and brownosing, to pretending to know jobs they haven't a clue about and working 12 hours straight by picking up shifts (scheduling sucks, so the only option is to work a rooster shift or a mid shift with no overlaps-- so combining the two on any given workday results in 12-14 hours on the job).

There are "supervisors" that are nothing more than CSAs with 3 weeks more seniority. No leadership or management ability. No personality. No emotional intelligence or organizational skills. Just a mediocre title with a mega chip on their shoulders. Eye contact is a rarity.

Take the job if you don't need the pay for more than savings or paying utilities and if you need airline industry experience to be hireable elsewhere. Otherwise, keep it moving.
Pros
flight benefits, short shifts, diversity, industry experience
Cons
pay, immature, inconsiderate and unprofessional "supervisors"
Terrible place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg/Clearwater - PIEAugust 9, 2014
This company is the worst place I've ever worked. They DO NOT care about their employees. All they care about is running the operation like a bunch of cattle that are about to be mutilated. They hire management that are back-stabbing, unprofessional, mean, inhumane, just to mention a few.ff They are constantly watching you and they do not respect their people. Never seen an "airline" like this one. Everything is ONE-SIDED, THEIR SIDE.
DON'T WORK FOR THEM. NO KIDDING.
Pros
working with good flight attendant crews.
Cons
working with bad flight attendant crews. they don't get it.
Great people at the St. Petersburg base
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 8, 2014
My typical day at work for Allegiant involved me checking passengers in for their flights, sometimes being the one to close those flights. If I wasn't doing that then I was either boarding flight as a gate agent, running disabled passengers in wheelchairs where they needed to go, or providing passenger security while passengers were boarding a flight or offloading.

I learned how to use Allegiant's system to check passengers in, sell tickets, look up flight information, and board passengers onto flights

My co-workers were amazing. They were extremely helpful, and very kind.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and challenging at the same time.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 29, 2012
Inbound call center. Sold air line tickets and vacation package including hotels, car rentals and show tickets. Made modification to custom travel plans when necessary.
Learn to ask the right questions and come up with solutions for customers who are unsure of travel plan changes.
Management team were very supportive.
My co-workers were very friendly and always ready to assist.
Hardest part of my job were informing a customer they have forfeited their funds due the company terms and conditions.
My most enjoyable part of the job were the incentives, free flight benifits,42" flat screen tv for top sales and more.
Pros
pot lucks, bagel and donuts on sundays
Cons
slow releasing updated information, example flight delays and cancellations.
Great co workers.
Ground crew (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVDecember 12, 2011
Worst management team ever!!! worked hard for years. working 16 hrs per day 6-7 days a week, dont pay overtime for shift trades and dont communicate well with employees. Nearly all employees fired and jobs outsouced... after years of service.
Pros
being outside with airplanes
Cons
managment, backstabbers

2.6