Allegiant Travel Company Employee Reviews

Best job I've had!
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
I've been with Allegiant for almost 5 years and yes, like every organization there are pros and cons, but I can safely say this is the first job I've had where I don't see my 'next move' for some time.

The leadership is very passionate, smart and engaged. They are very accessible and supportive. The teams are so diverse which equals a dynamic and fun culture.

The best part of working at Allegiant, is that there is little to no red tape to have your ideas heard or tried out. Since the company has such an entrepreneurial spirit, new ideas are embraced and celebrated instead of 'that's what we've always done'.

Allegiant is definitely not for everyone - faced paced is an understatement but I go home every night and the flight benefits are priceless!
Pros
Happy Hours, Team Building, Profit Sharing
Cons
Busy work schedule and lots to do
Total disconnect instead of Teamwork
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2016
There are company values in which would make for a great environment and culture if they were understood and practiced. However, the lack of leadership skills in upper management and the disconnected structure just does not work. The atmosphere is an open office concept, but it's far from progressive in organizational thinking. The model of non-stop flights to vacation destinations works because there is no direct competition, so it is profitable. The real cost is the toxicity overall of the environment. A work-life balance is priceless but hardly within reach because of the demands of the job. Low cost = cheap to the workers.
Benefits
Cons
Too busy to enjoy benefits
Think twice before working here
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2016
Run away from this company! The work environment is toxic. No one is happy with their job and you have to hear about the misery every day from flight attendants, pilots, mechanics, and management. It is like a horror movie mixed with working for scrooge. No one is concerned about safety. The only thing that matters is making a profit and treating the employees like dirt.
Pros
Unreliable travel, retaining work experience, a paycheck
Cons
Working for Allegiant in general
Management Sucks
CSC (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2016
My experience with Allegiant. Management is poor. Communication with team is poor.
Management are children. Sharing terminated employees information to other co workers.
Safety is a issue at Allegiant. No one follows policies and procedures. Co-workers are children who like to play, text on cell phone and take selfies.
Worked for other major airlines, but this one was the worst. Turnover rate is something that management creates. Poor management, gives you unreliable and unsafe aircrsft.

Worst place horrible. As other reviewers stated NO breaks on a 4-6 hour shifts.
This place hires children who have gotten $2 degrees in areas that really don't have anything to do with aviation.

I really hope that the owner and stock holders review these comments and complaints because you maybe profitable now but once someone gets seriously hurt you will be back into bankruptcy.

Unreliable aircraft (not safe) Poor management and working $10 HR worked extremely to many hours and few breaks which leads to mistakes being made quickly.
Pros
Don't work here
Cons
Horrible Management, working with a bunch of kids
Unprofessional! Unsafe!
Management (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJanuary 6, 2016
After over 10 years in the aviation business, I have now seen a new low. Full of ex-real-airline discards, this company has an incredible team of misfits, degenerates and wanna-bees. Could be me but I have never been in an atmosphere such as the one at this airline. How they established the culture here is beyond me. It is really comical how the 1960's management style is implemented company-wide. There is a complete and total lack of any attempt to propagate a culture of safety, efficiency and well-being of employees. There is sadly only sarcasm, defensiveness and paranoia in all communications and the fact that they are profitable is mind-boggling. Also sad, is the cost of that profitability.
Pros
Not really any.
Cons
See above.
Never ending revolving door of employees!
Crew Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2016
My experience with Allegiant was awful. There is a major problem in some the departments of this company they expect you know every single thing in less than two in a half months they get Irritated when questions are asked the seek perfection. If they want perfection then perhaps they shouldn’t hire someone who clearly has no experience and coming from completely another field. No matter how knowledgeable and great customer service you provide it’s not good enough for them. The management walks right by you and doesn’t say a word to you. Let’s not forget you work your whole entire shift working constantly, with no breaks to get a way and recharge. Certain departments & mangers are cliquish pretty similar behavior to being in middle school and they get enjoyment of bad mouthing other co-workers without hesitation. There is a constant turnover of employees it’s like a revolving door. I would say run far away from this company because more than likely when they are hiring you it’s because you are replacement employee for someone else.
Pros
Cons
Dysfunctional, rude management, constant turnover, seek perfection, no breaks, cliquish, under staffed, gossip, not professional, nothing you do is good enough
Never ending revolving door of turnover & dysfunction
Crew Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegss, NVJuly 9, 2016
Pros
Cons
Dysfunctional, rude management, constant turnover, seek perfection, no breaks, cliquish, under staffed, gossip, no professional, nothing you do is good enough
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
Allegiant is a great company to work for the decide to eliminate the at work home program if I could afford to move I would have.A typical day-book reservation,cancel reservation,split passenger off reservation,take complaints,quotes,look up flight information.Worked from home the leads we had to call were very helpful.The hardest part was the wait the phones lines were very busy to get approvals,the most enjoyable part when you can solve a passengers problem.
Pros
Working from home & could help other co-workers picking up hours
Cons
couldn't move to Las Vegas wanted everyone there expensive
Best company I have ever worked for!!!!
Management (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2016
I was compelled to write this review after scanning through some of the other reviews. There is no doubt in my mind that the previous reviews are that of disgruntled employees for whatever reason.

I have much work experience from many companies that are awful employers so I undoubtedly know that Allegiant is a fantastic work environment.... Last year our CEO was gracious enough to extend a sizable holiday bonus to the entire company "just because". The company is very feedback orientated and gives clear direction for improvements and areas of strength.

My previous company I worked 7 years with NO RAISE that's the Vegas casino business for you! Not at Allegiant!!! Each year you receive a Merrit increase based on your performance , but with the feedback they constantly give you would have to literally be trying to lose your job or giving an extremely poor performance to get nothing.

Did someone say profit sharing, 401K match & stock options???? I always thought these things were a thing of the past & companies didn't give employees these types of perks until I started with Allegiant! This company is truly amazing & it hurts me to see the awful reviews of disgruntled employees that more than likely gave weak performances and were terminated or cannot handle feedback.

Management is wonderful, accommodating & I have a great work/ life balance!
Pros
Management, feedback orientated, outstanding perks & benefits
Cons
None - love Allegiant!
Good company to work for
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
I answered incoming customer phone calls, assisted people with making travel reservations. I became experienced in handling escalated calls, customer complaints, etc. Overall attained 4 years plus in customer service environment.
Productive place to work at that does like to cut corners and save money
manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2015
Like to keep a tight budget while seeing only what they like to see. Have to kiss up to keep moving up. I would not reccomend working here, have a lot of spotlight in the media.
Terrible place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg/Clearwater - PIEAugust 9, 2014
This company is the worst place I've ever worked. They DO NOT care about their employees. All they care about is running the operation like a bunch of cattle that are about to be mutilated. They hire management that are back-stabbing, unprofessional, mean, inhumane, just to mention a few.ff They are constantly watching you and they do not respect their people. Never seen an "airline" like this one. Everything is ONE-SIDED, THEIR SIDE.
DON'T WORK FOR THEM. NO KIDDING.
Pros
Working with GOOD Flight Attendant crews.
Cons
Working with BAD Flight Attendant crews. They don't get it.
Great people at the St. Petersburg base
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 8, 2014
My typical day at work for Allegiant involved me checking passengers in for their flights, sometimes being the one to close those flights. If I wasn't doing that then I was either boarding flight as a gate agent, running disabled passengers in wheelchairs where they needed to go, or providing passenger security while passengers were boarding a flight or offloading.

I learned how to use Allegiant's system to check passengers in, sell tickets, look up flight information, and board passengers onto flights

My co-workers were amazing. They were extremely helpful, and very kind.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and challenging at the same time.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 29, 2012
Inbound call center. Sold air line tickets and vacation package including hotels, car rentals and show tickets. Made modification to custom travel plans when necessary.
Learn to ask the right questions and come up with solutions for customers who are unsure of travel plan changes.
Management team were very supportive.
My co-workers were very friendly and always ready to assist.
Hardest part of my job were informing a customer they have forfeited their funds due the company terms and conditions.
My most enjoyable part of the job were the incentives, free flight benifits,42" flat screen tv for top sales and more.
Pros
pot lucks, bagel and donuts on sundays
Cons
slow releasing updated information, example flight delays and cancellations.
non respectful company
GOA (Current Employee) –  clearwater FlMarch 13, 2015
They hire you at "part-time" but I think I've worked one week where I didn't work more than 35 hours a week is not a part time job. The manger straight up lies to you. The 3 times you see them in a month. Get paid next to nothing for all the hard work you do, no respect is giving to you. You will get scheduled to work 3 to 5 hours but you'll end up working 10 to 12 hours a day. They say you can fly for free... Good luck trying to get off to use your flight benefits. I also never heard of a part time job you can't request off, to get off is to shift trade and no one ever wants to shift trade because they are normally working 8 to 12 hours for their shift they don't want to work more for you. A organization like this is very very on organized and does nothing to help them please remake them please like working for them.
Pros
Flight benefits (when you can actually use them)
Cons
no respect low pay
regulars made the day
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLNovember 12, 2015
Awesome hole in the wall! I had a blast getting to know all the regulars and establishing an individual relationship with all of them. unfortunanly it closed down.
Great co workers.
Ground crew (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVDecember 12, 2011
Worst management team ever!!! worked hard for years. working 16 hrs per day 6-7 days a week, dont pay overtime for shift trades and dont communicate well with employees. Nearly all employees fired and jobs outsouced... after years of service.
Pros
being outside with airplanes
Cons
managment, backstabbers
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 2, 2015
I am not one to talk bad about an employer, everyone's experience is different. Everyone will have a different experience.
When ever there is a shift in culture, there will be those who will certainly give push back.
Believe the media, Believe the passenger's compliants
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 15, 2016
When I went to work for Allegiant I had full and already knowledge of both the pathetic number of passenger complaints and most of all, the nothing less than genuine media reports of all the aircraft maintenance failures that " made the news."

Key part of that phrase..."made the news."

I quickly learned upon my arrival at Allegiant that "what made the news" was only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. As far as what does NOT make the news as far aircraft maintenance and the extended failures would make your hair stand up.

I witnessed other aircraft mechanic's pencil whipping both routine aircraft inspections and also pilot squawks of specific aircraft problems noted in the aircraft log book. Way too often a mechanic would not even refer to a proper aircraft maintenance manual to address a specific problem, do some improper or quick cursory check and arrogantly "sign it off" in the aircraft log book. Unfortunately, and repeatedly, this same pilot squawk would reappear, written up, only to be treated in the very same way and at times, elsewhere in the Allegiant aircraft maintenance system.

We'd little quality equipment equipment to work with and our only "lift truck" to reach places out of reach on the aircraft not accessible by ladder was a relic of something out of the Korean War. It was obscenely old and EXTREMELY unsafe. The cart to transfer wheel assemblies was dilapidated. The vehicles that we were allowed to use for mechanic REEKED of filth, covered in spilled oil and grease,

Leadership and experienced lead mechanic's and shift supervisors and management
  more... were probably the final straw that had me looking elsewhere for a career. (Thankfully I found it)

OF the two leads I worked under, both exhibited complete lack of knowledge of the two aircraft in the Allegiant fleet. One was nothing less than more concerned to getting back to his computer games, on the computer, and it was nothing less than impossible to distract him from it. The other would assign you an aircraft to work on, but also assign you what parts to install for a particular problem...and ALWAYS a part that had no relation to the specific aircraft system. If you were to defer from what the leads said, after proving the leads wrong, the shift supervisors would always side with the lead...aired always ended up having to sign the airworthiness off on the aircraft themselves because there was no way I was going to sign it off. In fact, one shift support was FIRED because he coerced a mechanic to sign something off, the mechanic immediately resigned, went to both the company and the FAA, and that was the end of that supervisor. After my own resignation I understand and later confirmed that the base manager was also fired for lying about this other mechanics reason for resignation.

Most importantly. I observed fat too many aircraft mechanic's perfectly willing to do THE WRONG THING and do it on their own according. This was a dangerous scene to try and exist in. After getting my new job at a real airline, I left this house of horrors with about a 10 minute notice and not regretting it one bit for doing so.
Pros
Average pay, health care, free coffee, flight benefits you can't use
Cons
Pretty clear by my review
Poor focus on company potential
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2015
The company could have so much positive potential if the focus (or as the company calls it "core values") was on customer service. I truly believe the company purposefully made the website next to impossible to navigate for the customers. Somehow the company decided it was not useful for customers to make changes or cancellations online when it was taken away two years ago. It forced customers to call and wait for 40-60 minutes. Hearing each caller complain about the hold time was tiresome. The past year there was a change in so called "better software" for the employees to use to help change or cancel reservations and it was the worst software the company bought or designed. It took longer to be able to help the customer which of course causes longer wait times. To top all those off, management had been very hard at work on pressuring employees to transfer calls to a third party company about a supposed rewards program which I think is fraudulent considering most of the company's customers travel once or twice a year and the rewards program benefits those that are frequent travelers. The only bright side to the job was the other employees. They were the most friendly and helpful people to be around. Many things changed when I was there and it was good for the company's pocket but bad for the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegiant Travel Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4