Allegion Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Lack of direction
Materials Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 3, 2017
There is a plenty of potential at Allegion, but with poor management, I'm afraid the place is on a decline. There is no strong leadership or clear direction within the business. People are also not held accountable and they are more than happy to lower their standards instead of hiring better employees,
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Operational Ignorance
Productive and fast-paced environment
Order Filler/Forklift Operator an order picker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaAugust 31, 2017
Busy atmosphere competitive facility long hours hands on training with a lot of different devices. Multi cultural environment able to learn and adapt to different cultures of people
Pros
CPR classes member of the First Response Team celebrations
Cons
New Management unfriendly environment
Very nice place to work for
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2017
I like the cafeteria and the work environment is clean. I like assembling and rotating every 2 hours. I like when we had chairs because we weren't as tired and pushed out more work. We also got to listen to music but that privilege also changed but overall I like to the work and the hours.
Pros
Rotating for ergonomic reasons
Cons
Standing in one spot all day isn't good for back or knees
Fast paced-multi-task position
Regional Sales Support - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 31, 2017
busy - never one day the same
different manager levels - different personalities
close knit division
balancing new managers and their style
succeeding with the managers and most definitely the people in my SSC
Great pay, poor execution
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
I was employed at Allegion for 10 years. I worked in multiple departments throughout the facility and got to know the entire staff, majority of which are great, honest, hard working people. During my tenure with the company I was able to advance at my own rate which was quickly and consistent in the time I was there. Once I was promoted to a leadership role I quickly identified the poor accountability that Allegion demonstrates for employees that do not follow policies in place. This comprised my role in a leadership position to lead effectively, meet deadlines and accomplish team goals. Work/life balance they are very accommodating and try to be as flexible as they can with business needs. They are constantly looking to improve but the end results from execution of projects lacks significant productivity gains and cost reductions. Again due to lack of accountability it makes it difficult to accomplish creating new processes that would be sustainable. Last I would say being a non-union company there is the pick and choose who is promoted to leadership roles which is why there is a lack of leadership/management within the company. The turnover rate for plant managers has been in question for years with 4 different plant managers over the last 5 years.
Pros
Pay, Overtime, Great Co-Workers, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor Training, Management, Accountability, Execution and Communication
Fun place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2017
Friendly co workers and a great place to work. They will train you good. Fast paced work and good hourly pays. Always busy, 8-10 hrs of work every weekdays sometimes you work saturdays too.
I had a wounderful experiacne working for Allegion.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2017
This is a preferred job for me. Allegion offered more than enough room for self improvement. Pay raises were given when due. I also loved the benefits.
Fun working place, learned a lot
Temporary contractor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2017
I learned a lot and enjoyed working for their company.
help with staff awareness and help to create things needed to ship out to other companies. It was a friendly environment.
Productive and Fun
Firmware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 24, 2017
Great work life balance.

Allowed to work from home when needed.

Great people to work with.

Local management is understanding of needs and will get you the tools you need to complete your job.
Fast paced job with great benefits
Master Key Editor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2017
Able to help customers every day. I was able to learn new skills and apply them daily. Had great management and it was a fun place to learn. I liked the different things that I was doing each day and had some really great co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management constantly changed
Friendly environment with good work/life balance
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 15, 2017
Great location in Golden, Colorado. Friendly environment with flexible work schedule and relaxed atmosphere. Free lunches are provided often. Minimal travel required.
Just another factory job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2017
Management very disorganized. Very little load leveling. Employees are sent home early one day and asked to work on their normal day off to "make up" short hours.
Cons
Very strong "good old boy" culture
Nice to work factory company
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2017
Homestly, its hard for me to wake up 330am sometimes 4am just to get ready to my job and i have to be there 5:45am before 6am my time work. i live in pueblo Co. and my job at Co spring. i have to travel 45mins every morning .
Pros
Yes sometime we have free lunch in oder to have many orders that you finish
Cons
We have 1st break, 2nd break and lunch break
Great Place to Intern
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 20, 2017
I was an intern at Allegion for two summers. Management was friendly and seemed interested in the input of interns. The environment was great, friendly people while committed to doing a good job. Would love to go back.
Good temporary position
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2017
Based on their hiring patterns, they like to use temporary contracted employees rather than hiring on full time employees. If you're looking to make some money for a little while, it's a good gig. But don't get your hopes up if you are working through a temp agency.
great place to work
Inventory and receiving specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2017
I was able to work in several different departments learning all aspects of the company and was promoted regularly. Great company and benefits and the management was great.
Great work/life balance
eCommerce Content Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 30, 2017
Overall the company has a great work/life balance.
No area for career development or advancement.
Benefits are great.
Flexible is the most enjoyable part of my current role with Allegion.
Learned alot
Caribbean Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMarch 23, 2017
learned many things about Security products.. Fire rated doors, electronic Locks, dealing with distributors through Latin America and helped growth sales by 700%
Pros
more experience
Cons
to much traveling
New Company with a lot of potential
Indirect Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 16, 2017
Since Allegion only spun off 3 years ago, they have made many cultural company wide improvements from what I can tell. I do enjoy working here but there are definitely some growing pains that are experienced by each employee.
Productive fast pace workplace
Assembler IV (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
I'd rather not write a review for this company because I still work there and I have more negative than positive things to say. The hardest part of the job was working with management over my department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.