Allegra Direct Communications Employee Reviews in United States

friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 18, 2016
i learned a lot about how to work with people and how to find solutions to escalated issues and irate customers. I also learned a lot about health insurance and claim processing.
Pros
good people, good benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful
This was the job that peaked my interest in the medical field.
Provider Inquiry Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 28, 2016
I learned a lot about the insurance part of the process when it came to the insurance company end of things and quoting benefits to healthcare providers offices.
good starter job
Call Center Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 18, 2015
this is a great job if you are just starting out, you learn great customer service skills, but no advancement opportunites or raises, basically no vacation time given
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 6, 2015
Management was an issue on this job. Many representatives, including myself, found it to be a struggle trying to communicate with them all when assistance was needed. The journey was good and very knowledgeable but the management was lazy.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Lazy Management
not enough traing to do the job effectively
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 24, 2015
high turnover rate due to the lack of training and demands on employees... they pay didn't include much room for advancement... supervisors sometimes made ten cents more than the regular employees...
Not the greatest place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 31, 2015
Typical day is sitting in a cubical answering insurance calls from members and providers in regards to their benefits or claim issues.

I learned a lot about health insurance.

Management was horrible, rude, and never listened to what you had to say. She was never around to help out.

My co-workers on the other hand were the best part of the job, we al got along and enjoyed each others company during the work day.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get insurance claims settled or explained to the member.

The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with different people on the phone and being able to help them understand their insurance.
A learning expierence
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work involves me answering the phones for medicare eligible individuals and providing accurate information to resolve their inquires. Working there I have definitely learned a great deal of patience, the management is good for my specific team. I haven't necessarily came encounter with anything I considered hard, my co-workers are awesome they help my day go by. The most enjoyable part of my job is the laughs I share with my co-workers and the friendships I've found.
Pros
All of the new information I've learned about the insurance world, getting paid weekly
Cons
Unorganization, no direct deposit
call center .. customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2014
There is absolutely NO enjoyable part of this job. Prepare to be watched on the camera like you are a prisoner 8 hours a day, managers and team leaders CONSTANTLY contradicting one another. Receiving 10 different answers from 10 different people for ONE question. Experience No One being availble for help when you need it. Don't count on full raises whether you work hard or not. Prepare to be talked down to on a daily basis as if you are incompetent and you know nothing on what you were trained for 10 weeks. Prepare to be purposely embarrassed at any given time. Not one person in charge has any ounce of Professionalism unfortunately .. Don't waste your time.
Cons
no health benefits, low pay, too much expected of you with no incentives.
A very high stress environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MichiganNovember 7, 2014
I worked in a call center for Horizon BCBS New Jersey. I worked billing and enrollment. I answered 100+ calls a day. I resolved billing and enrollment issues. I also took payments over the phone.
Pros
experience
Cons
management turn over rate very high, promised a raise and review after 90 days and was not provided due to management issues.
fast-paced atmosphere
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 4, 2013
There are many opportunities to advance in this job, however most of what factors in the advancement opportunities is how close you get to the management staff and how much they like you as opposed to job performance. Policies not uniformly enforced and favortism is rampant. Management is more concerned with social interaction than functions of their job. Mostly lax atmosphere otherwise. The job itself when you take out the management factors is actually great - you spend all day researching policy information for health insurance and try to find answers for the customers that call in. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take a complicated customer situation that often involved claims being denied due to lack of claim information submitted by physicians and turn it around so that the claim not only pays, but the customer gains peace of mind.
Pros
optional overtime, easy hours to work around busy life schedule, lax atmosphere for the most part, fun "dress up" days with contests to keep things interesting
Cons
unprofessional management, lack of policy enforcement, low wages, benefits too expensive
Terrible company
CSR Team Leader (Former Employee) –  MIMarch 5, 2014
The company is a joke! All they care about is how many calls the CSR's take. The "management" is so rude and disrespectful to the other staff. The turnover rate is like a revolving door. After 3 months of intense classroom training, they put you on the phones (making $8/hr) and everything you just learned, changes on a daily basis. They say they want you to handle the calls with impecable customer service but are yelling at you to take a call while on one because the phones are ringing off the hook. Its a FILTHY environment. Nobody cleans the building, ever. They promise raises that you dont get in full. There's always an excuse as to why you only got a 50 cent raise as opposed to the $1 you were promised. Oh and forget the benefits, nobody can afford them. This company is all about who you know and who's rear you kiss the most!!!! So highly unorganized and untrained. Prepare to ask 10 people a question and get 11 different answers. Somebody (owners) is making money but it isnt the "little" guys that make the company run!!! I don't suggest this company to anyone.
Cons
managment was rude and trained less than the csr's, pay is insulting, demanded you stay after your shift even if you have other obligations
Over worked and Underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIOctober 11, 2013
There was no room for advancement in position or pay. No benefits offered were affordable taking in the low wage paid. The wage was not comensurate with the amount of stress and work that each indivdual had to perform on a daily basis.
Some of the management were very helpful in coaching and basic communications while others could not be bothered to assist in any aspect of the position.
Call center handling calls for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
BCBSM Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 29, 2013
Answer 25-45 call per day regarding medical benefits and claims for members of BCBSM. I have learned a lot about insurance while working in this position. Management/Owners for this employer company greatly lack in communication and organization. I very much enjoy my job with Allegra, I enjoy helping people understand their medical insurance and helping them resolve their issues. I enjoy my co-workers and consider most of them my friends. The hardest part of my job is not having all of the appropriate resources to complete my job to the fullest of my ability.
Pros
helping people, mostly fast paced
Cons
unorganized, lack of communication
Very productive environment, friendly managers with great motivational skills.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 5, 2014
A typical day at work begins with me assisting various employees of General Motors, Chrysler and Ford with insurance benefits, mainly researching the benefits, confirming coverage and claims adjustment. I have learned how to multitask a great deal in regards to researching different benefits for members while simultaneously reaching out to various plans nationwide to confirm billing and processing of claims.
Pros
quarterly reviews for raises based on work quality.
Cons
not enough parking spaces
They need a little more work
Phone representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton townshipApril 28, 2015
The job was professional, the job task that were asked of us did not match the pay, they wanted extra work with little pay, the job is perfect for people who have just graduated high school. The company Has potiental to be good, just need better benefits and pay
Productive place to learn and grow
Human Resources / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2015
I am a busy bee most of the day. I start each day by checking the attendance line and then routinely uploading data bases to input employee's time for their time sheets. I am responsible for finding possible candidates for employment as well as conducting their interviews as well as putting them through testing. I am responsible for all of the filing as well as answering a multi- line phone system.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
poor management
Allergra Direct Communication Is A Incompetent Place To Work For...
CSR (Current Employee) –  Hayes MIJanuary 12, 2013
Start pay $8hr for all the information you have to provide to members... Equipment is out dated need to be replaced... Internet service for the programs crash... Supervisor's have no educational background on how to deal with conflict resolution among employees... Lack of communication skills, need people who are educated to deal with issues of the company & employees... The worst place to be employed...

I experienced & seen so much trouble withing the company among the employee's and supervisors... This company has the worst turnover... The CEO needs to involve themselves with their employee's see just dedicated they are should be rewarded for there hard work...

The enjoyment of this company has none, everyone is miserable with their jobs how it is being ran by incompetent supervisor who only cares about how many calls you take, never mind the needs of employee's issues... Work for this company than determine if this is the right job for you... IT IS TOTALLY A JOKE OF EMPLOYMENT

Your raises are based on if your liked by the supervisor's, has nothing to do with your quality... The supervisor's are the ones who puts in the request for your raise... What ever they say goes rather your on time for work or how well your doing your job...
Pros
none- everything about this company is a lie
Cons
lack of training, lack of conflict resolution, low pay, very demanding, incompetent supervisor's, no college educational background, lacking people skills, or conflict resolution
Productive place of work with many jobs
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR AND TEAM MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 29, 2012
A typical day would be to come in , log in on the phone and access all computer programs needed to start the day. When the phones were shut on you would begin your call answering for the day filled with insurance inquiries. We also gave information about plans for the OEP and AEP for citizens 65 and older(Medicare age). These were known as prospective customers. Management it's self was not on key at this company it took me a while to see much of anything until I got my foot in the door with management. I assured things were handled professionally , yet people were still actively wanting to come to work and participate in the day. The hardest part of the jobs were dealing with people that were very disrespectful and used profain language and names toward you while on the phone. Dealing with people who were very rude in the work place and loud and disruptive.
Pros
clean work place
Cons
health care expense, shift changes, respect.
Good place to start out; a stepping stone to something better.
Quality Auditor/Coach (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 11, 2014
This company will hire almost anyone, give you paid training and opportunities for advancement based on quality, attendance and performance. If you need somewhere to start, I recommend this company. Give it your best, learn what you can, and when you can't take anymore, find another job.
Pros
opportunities for advancement, paid training, good place to learn.
Cons
high turnover, promises not kept, lower pay than competitors.
steady pace and balanced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 3, 2014
While maintaining this position for Allegra Direct Communications, I answered 20-40 phone calls daily from agents and groups insuring employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lack of strenuous activity, and the ability to work at your leisure.
Pros
free lunches, pace of environment. doable tasks
Cons
compensation, short breaks

2.8