Allegra Direct Communications Employee Reviews

Mentally draning
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 14, 2017
overall the day goes by fast because their is constant work.The management wasn't very bad. Their were very unprofessional supervisors, as well as discrimination not the best place to work, but it does pay well if you can manage to stay longer then 6 months.
Pros
busy
Cons
over worked
Just like any other call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MINovember 4, 2016
loved the call center atmosphere. clean comfortable work space. poor training on phone and some computer operating systems. minimum acknowledgement of hard workers
Pros
Desk space
Cons
too brief of a training
This was the job that peaked my interest in the medical field.
Provider Inquiry Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 28, 2016
I learned a lot about the insurance part of the process when it came to the insurance company end of things and quoting benefits to healthcare providers offices.
Productive and great place where you can work from home
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 23, 2016
A typical work day consist of taking in coming call from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey members inquiring about claims submitted, benefits of policy, policy and procedures, in a professional and timely manner. I learned adjudication of claims, applying accounts receivables, trained for new market place Omnia programs, ICD9 and ICD10 codes (procedure and diagnosis codes). Most enjoyable part of the job was working from home, continuous training and refresher courses.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Not enough wadges for the work you do
friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMarch 18, 2016
i learned a lot about how to work with people and how to find solutions to escalated issues and irate customers. I also learned a lot about health insurance and claim processing.
Pros
good people, good benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 6, 2015
Management was an issue on this job. Many representatives, including myself, found it to be a struggle trying to communicate with them all when assistance was needed. The journey was good and very knowledgeable but the management was lazy.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Lazy Management
not enough traing to do the job effectively
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 24, 2015
high turnover rate due to the lack of training and demands on employees... they pay didn't include much room for advancement... supervisors sometimes made ten cents more than the regular employees...
good starter job
Call Center Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 18, 2015
this is a great job if you are just starting out, you learn great customer service skills, but no advancement opportunites or raises, basically no vacation time given
A learning expierence
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work involves me answering the phones for medicare eligible individuals and providing accurate information to resolve their inquires. Working there I have definitely learned a great deal of patience, the management is good for my specific team. I haven't necessarily came encounter with anything I considered hard, my co-workers are awesome they help my day go by. The most enjoyable part of my job is the laughs I share with my co-workers and the friendships I've found.
Pros
All of the new information I've learned about the insurance world, getting paid weekly
Cons
Unorganization, no direct deposit
They need a little more work
Phone representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton townshipApril 28, 2015
The job was professional, the job task that were asked of us did not match the pay, they wanted extra work with little pay, the job is perfect for people who have just graduated high school. The company Has potiental to be good, just need better benefits and pay
Not the greatest place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 31, 2015
Typical day is sitting in a cubical answering insurance calls from members and providers in regards to their benefits or claim issues.

I learned a lot about health insurance.

Management was horrible, rude, and never listened to what you had to say. She was never around to help out.

My co-workers on the other hand were the best part of the job, we al got along and enjoyed each others company during the work day.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get insurance claims settled or explained to the member.

The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with different people on the phone and being able to help them understand their insurance.
a dump
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 29, 2015
very unprofessional. most of the women grope each other. For the money not worth it. McDonalds better.
Pros
a job
Cons
low pay. unprofessoinal.
Productive place to learn and grow
Human Resources / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 20, 2015
I am a busy bee most of the day. I start each day by checking the attendance line and then routinely uploading data bases to input employee's time for their time sheets. I am responsible for finding possible candidates for employment as well as conducting their interviews as well as putting them through testing. I am responsible for all of the filing as well as answering a multi- line phone system.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Poor management
Fast Paced Friendly enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 12, 2015
This by far is the most rewarding job i ever had. I had never worked in a call center prior and this was a great stepping stone to show me the ropes. I highly recommend this job to anyone who has children also as you do not work holidays or weekends. Also within 9 months is was working from home. Extremely rewarding postion.
A very high stress environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MichiganNovember 7, 2014
I worked in a call center for Horizon BCBS New Jersey. I worked billing and enrollment. I answered 100+ calls a day. I resolved billing and enrollment issues. I also took payments over the phone.
Pros
experience
Cons
management turn over rate very high, promised a raise and review after 90 days and was not provided due to management issues.
Good place to start out; a stepping stone to something better.
Quality Auditor/Coach (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 11, 2014
This company will hire almost anyone, give you paid training and opportunities for advancement based on quality, attendance and performance. If you need somewhere to start, I recommend this company. Give it your best, learn what you can, and when you can't take anymore, find another job.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, paid training, good place to learn.
Cons
High turnover, promises not kept, lower pay than competitors.
steady pace and balanced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 3, 2014
While maintaining this position for Allegra Direct Communications, I answered 20-40 phone calls daily from agents and groups insuring employees with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lack of strenuous activity, and the ability to work at your leisure.
Pros
free lunches, pace of environment. doable tasks
Cons
compensation, short breaks
the enjoyable part of my day
customer service representive (Former Employee) –  detroit,miJune 19, 2014
my most enjoyable part of my job is when my customers thank me and say u really helped me even if we went through a hard and long process
Pros
free secured parking, personal space
Cons
not enough hours
Not the best employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 19, 2014
Don't make this a career! Very unprofessional place to be employed
My opinion
Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 27, 2014
A typical day for me would consist of taking inbound calls , going over benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegra Direct Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8