ALLEGRO SENIOR LIVING Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Terrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2017
The favortism at Allegro (previously known as Horizon Bay) was outrageous. I wouldn't work there again if someone paid me a million bucks. There was no room for advancement and management talked to you (and allowed coworkers to talk to you) like you were trash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management, coworkers
Great company for stellar employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2017
No company is perfect, but I believe this company has the desire to be the best company to work for and rewards employees who do stellar work. Low performance and laziness in any department is not tolerated for long, so come to work prepared to give your best. Open door policy to share ideas and concerns, a willingness to act on them and continuously improve. My work family is like my real family and I love going to my community for work.
Pros
Positive and fun culture
Cons
No dependent care flexible spending account
Worse job I have ever had in my life!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 28, 2017
The management is the biggest problem with this place. If you want to be disrespected and treated like you're not human then by all means apply for this horrible job
Pros
Hours
Cons
Managements
Poor management
Lead cook (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 20, 2017
Very poor Management in dining services. I worked for the company in the kitchen for 3 1/2 years. Food went out the back door, management doesn't care about employees only care about the numbers of residents they con into moving in. They make broken promises to staff and residents. Always ran out of food for residents.

Loved caring for the elderly, made some great friends with them & loved the dream team that we were with staff.
Pros
Friendly hardworking staff members
Cons
When someone push you to the Limit and you have to go.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 17, 2017
Watch out you can't trust no one not even your manager because they will plot and scheme just to get you out of there. Beware of managers they not who they say they are
allegro you have to have patience
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 3, 2017
Working at Allegro You Going to have patience because you working with elderly people and sometimes being a server they will ask for one thing then will turn around and ask for something else and the elderly people have their days when they not in the mood and they just throw a fit.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 min break
Poor place to work for
Lead Care (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FL 32080June 29, 2017
Do not work here pay and management is horrible treat employees like you are lower them they are, I was promised a raise and didn't not get it. Management here is to uppity for me. No matter how hard you work they still try to find some way to get over on you.
Great place to work if the managment would change
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 13, 2017
Pleasant and friendly atmosphere to work, my job description is light and gets accomplished. The residents are really nice people to be around seems like everyone does there job except management.
Pros
Residents really keep you smiling
Cons
No comunication managment needs to learn how to manage
Fun and Rewarding !
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2017
Pay is a little low but the culture is excellent! Residents and co-workers become like family. High level of teamwork! Management is laidback. Must love working with the elderly. If you do, you will love it here.
Pros
Culture; free food
Cons
Low pay; not much overtime
dont do it
Server, Runner (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 10, 2017
i mean the job it self sucks horrible but its easy and fun the pay is bad and its more of a job for highschool teens if that makes sense but it holds a special place to me
Not the best place to work
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 7, 2016
Management is constantly changing and compensation is very low for med techs, haven't heard of anyone getting raises in years of employment, residents are getting ripped off because they pay for extra care but there's no such thing as EXTRA care when there's only 1 staff member on a floor.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Everything else
Loving environment
CNA. MedTech (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJuly 8, 2016
I enjoy working with the residents
An excellent team player
I enjoy going to work every day as my work history will show for the 5years of employment
Residents prays to my dept managers about my caring and loving attitude towards the elderly
Sales/marketing:: senior living advisor positions
Senior Living Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 26, 2016
This job is very high pressure with constant reminders of sales quotas held over your head as a threat. I felt intimidated by the pressure, and also disliked the cold calling tactics. It felt very much like a telemarketer job at times. I love the interaction with the elderly, but felt bad about pressuring people into something that should be selling itself.
Pros
Working with elderly.
Cons
High pressure, less than scrupulous sales tactics.
Run Away!
cna nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 11, 2015
Only work here if you want to be stressed out, even when not at work. Management doesn't give a c.... about their employees. You can feel they are just about exploiting you as much as they can, not about appreciation. Working here, you are totally disposable, and they'll make you feel it. Pure evil.
very fun work place. Nice people, friendly residents
Allegro Inspired Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 21, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Allegro. along the way I have learned a lot, the management is great, they work with my schedule and are very understanding. For the most part my co-workers are awesome.
Decent facility
Director of Food and Beverage Operations (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJuly 22, 2015
It was a good place to gain independent living experience but facility is out dated. They have a good budget process but over all not enough education.
worst job ever
server (Former Employee) –  kentuckyJuly 8, 2015
I love the client's and there the only reason I stay as long as I do. The management was bad and so were my co workers. I wouldn't recommend working in food services for this company
Pros
great clients
Cons
lack of communication, poor management
Rewarding to work with seniors
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJanuary 20, 2015
At the time I was there Allegro was the most upscale Independent and Assisted Living facility in the area. The sales training was very good. The onboarding was pretty rough but I saw some improvements as I transitioned out and my replacement came in. The salary was good for what the work was. I learned a lot about marketing on a budget and about how to interact with frail clients and their caregivers. The part I disliked most about the role of sales representative was the cold calling. If you didn't meet the quota you were put on corrective action, as was your manager and neither earned incentives until you were off corrective action. Luckily this never happened to me but the threat was pervasive and very negative.
Things I've learned when listening to a patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 24, 2014
I have learned a lot working at allegro. Allegro is a retirement home a different setting from what I'm use to. A lot of my patients are all in there right mind and just want someone to be a friend and someone to talk to. I have learned to just listen. Listen when a patient is going through something without you putting your input lets people know that you care about what they have to say. Rather its about family, the bad food the facility is serving or even if they are upset about something that happened earlier just being ears will make your patients feel cared for and as my duty as a CNA I want to do whatever it is I can do in my power to be there for them in the way the patient would allow me to be.